Old 01-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Cat - I am so sorry for your loss. However, she no longer is suffering and is resting peacefully. My thoughts are with you.

Nita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #167  

CAT~~so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending hugs and prayers your way. Take care and stay in touch.
thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #168  
Give peace a chance.

Nasty, nasty weather here. Not as bad as western KS, where there is a real disaster, and herds of cattle dying, but bad enough. Which makes it hard to get my walking in. Then, of course, the death throws everything off. So many people remembered and admired her.

Hope everyone is warm and safe.

Oh: regarding the cat. She had been on the farm where my son lives, and never liked being a barn cat, kept trying to make up to him. So we took her in. However, the vet says two kittens, at most three, and we have places for three already.

You know what they say, life is what happens when you're making other plans . . .
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #169  

Default RE: Happy New Year!

Hey Everyone!

Cat: I am sorry to learn about your SIL's passing. You are so correct on the saying 'Life happens while you are making other plans.' You and your famly remain in my thoughts and prayers during this sad and difficult time. Congrats on publishing your poems. You know, I always enjoy them, and would always welcome a copy sent along. You are very talented.

Thin: So good to hear from you these days! I saw most of the show Dr. Oz was on Oprah a few weeks ago. They have good information, but so do most of the experts. What I like about WW is they give you a plan to use for life, so maintenance is possible. So many nutrition plans offer weight loss plans and then there you are. That has been my experience. The difficult part seems to be maintaining that weight loss. By the way, I weighed in Saturday and lost the 3 pounds I gained over the holidays. This is such a good move for me, and a first. WW has me eating a ton of fruits and veggies until I lose a few more pounds.

Nita: You are getting ready to leave any moment now, and may miss this post but if you do read it, have a wonderful trip. I hope you really have an opportunity to relax and enjoy your family.

Shad: Hey, where is the picuture of you dinner? LOL, you are right about the right combinations of food, water and exercise. If I do all WW suggests I do lose weight, and at a safe rate which is a few pounds a week. I've been having cottage cheese with mixed tropical fruits (canned in their own juice by Dole) for a midmorning snack. I have a difficult time getting in 3 dairy servings a day. I have a pot of navy beans in the crock pot cooking today, and they will provide fiber and protein all week! Why do they call navy beans navy when they are white? LOL I had a chef from a 2 year college come talke to my foods classes. He brought in fresh herbs, and the sweet lemon smell of fresh thyme was so nice. It really pays to use fresh herbs if you can. I think I may grow a small herb garden this spring and hope the squirrels stay out of them.

Mooz: First off, Hal has a new CD coming out next month. It is only being released in the UK, and I have prepaid an order for it. LOL Don't forget he will be over your way February and March. You know I'll send more details as they are available. I was telling a few students about the tape you made for me last year, and they want to see it. So much fun. How is WW going for you so far? I am on a new monthly pass program offered here which includes the use of ETools. I like the ETools as you get recipes daily to look at, you can log your food intake and weight loss/gain saga. It is all good. How is your art work coming along?

OneDay: How is Blackie doing? I took Rocky for the trip to Indiana, and he really enjoyed this trip. He is so attached to me, I had no idea. I guess it is my fault since we have stayed in mostly these last couple of years - he knows no better. Time to change that and get out and enjoy the little gifts life has to offer. Rocky certainly enjoyed the trip. I got a nice harness for him so he can run and jump with the 20 foot leash. It's good for both of us. Today it is pouring rain, so I'll work inside. It is the MLK holiday, and I am cleaning and taking down the Christmas tree. I have been out of state and this is my first free day since I've returned. My students tell me things about working in fast food restaurants that make eating there not so desirable. I am getting more particular also I think, and just don't seem to enjoy it so much anymore. It is hard to work in all the fruits and veggies we need. Good luck!!!

HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #170  

Hello Ladies,

The weather got somewhat bad here. The temps were in the 30's then dropped to freezing, we had lots of rain which turned to freezing rain. Of course the roads where hazardous to drive on. ON the up side the lake level went up by 3 feet. Of course being inside all weekend, there was nothing to do but eat. I could of cleaned house, cleaned closets or drawers, but instead watched TV and ate. Why do sabatoge ourselves??

Nita - I hope your have a wonderful trip with your family.

Hal - WTG on your 3lb loss. I agree it is hard to get all the veggies and fruit in. I seem to get my veggies in all at one time. Do you have any tips for cooking chicken. I had bought some precooked frozen chicken, but when I cook in microwave, it's gets real dry.

My weight in was last friday. I gained 2 lbs. I know the last 2 weeks I have not eaten very good, and it's also TOM. Tomorrow is a new day..
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #171  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hello all,

By now Nita is probably at home with the family. I really hope you have a great time Nita.

One day - sorry about the 2lb gain, it happens. Just go back to where you were losing and start again.

Hal - the picture of my dinner didn't get taken. I didn't have the software up here to upload it onto the computer. I have now, so I will get around to it asap. I think they call them Navy beans because they were one thing on the ship that didn't go rancid or putrid when the navy was off fighting their battles in the dim dark distant past.

Cat hope you are coping okay. Life is indeed what happens. I'm glad the cat has a good home and that the kittens will have one too.

Not much to report here. I'm still busy working, working, working. Still eating well and can report a 1kilo (2lb) loss up to last Friday. Don't think it will be quite as large this week but who knows. It could still happen. Still enjoying the eating - lots of veges, lots of fresh herbs, lots of salad stuff. And it is all very tasty.

Better go and see what else I have to finish today. I'm very annoyed at the stuff that I did last week - which is all now about to be changed. Grurrrr
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #172  

hey there chicksters~~
had to stop by to give a hello to all of you fine ladies.
Weather is cold here, but where isn't it nasty? So i should not complain that we had a couple of 20 - 30 degree nights. The valley of the sun is not normally this way, but it seems to be over now. I think they said on the weather news that there has not been 2 as cold nights in a row for the last 30 years!

I have lost about 6# since the end of Nov. And about 1 " on the waist. That is all i'm measuring now w/this new "you on a diet" plan. I have been pretty careful to cut out nearly all the products w/fructose and i feel so much better. Not hungry all the time---Perhaps those drs. have got that figured out. And more good news, i have begun my walking. 10 minutes here, 15 there, and going to try to make that my new habit. My shoes rub a bit, but not too bad. I'm sure they will break in soon.

My good pal back home is bummed ...her sister husband are doing south beach and they have lost 12# and 11# respectively. Where she on the other hand is staying the same or gaining 1#. she needs some support, so i will do what i can from afar. we IM once in awhile and i will email more often. I think she might need a plan like i'm on. she is a diabetic which might make it hard to find the right plan.

Well, off to watch Criminal Minds now. Take care all.

:hugs: thinlizzie
Old 01-18-2007, 10:39 PM   #173  
Give peace a chance.

Well, guess what, the vet was wrong, and Misty Cat is not pg. I was surprised, as she is really very good and has saved several of our animals' lives, but I guess anyone can make a mistake.

Hal--congrats on the loss. Will get you those poems PM.

OOPS DD has just come in for visit. tTalk to you later.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #174  

Hello ladies,

Today was not my official weigh in but I did just to see if scale moved and it did.. 2 lbs down. We have been having to journal everyday and that has really helped me alot. Also Dr. Oz had mentioned eating the same food for breakfast and lunch for a week/ month. Said then you don't have to make all the choices of what to eat. I have been doing that and it's working out great for me. NO more decisions of what to eat. I broght my lunch and that is that. Dinner is a different story, but I have been eating more protein and veggies vs. pastas..

Cat - Yikes, like you said anyone can make a mistake.

Thin - WTG on the 6 lb loss. YOU GO GIRL. I like what Dr Oz had to say too. I still haven't finished reading the book, but i am trying to incorporate more protein and less processed foods.

Shad - WTG on your 2 lb loss. YOU GO GIRL>>>
Old 01-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #175  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Down another kilo this week, this thing seems to be working. Can't see where the 2.2k is missing from yet, but I guess it will happen.

Patty - great news on your 2lb loss.

Can't stop. Gotta work.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #176  
Give peace a chance.

Hi--

Hadn't warned you I was on storytelling retreat this weekend. It was so icy Sat night that everything in Clinton, MO was canceled, including our public concert. But PTL by the time I came home Sunday the roads were clear. And I had a great time! Too many goodies, but I did more yoga than I have in a long time--one of the tellers led us in a class.

WTG for all the losers.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts on the loss of DMIL.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #177  

Hello Ladies -

Shad - WTG on your loss. How much is 2.2k compared to lbs? Sounds like the program is working. Are you still at home?

I had a very easy going weekend. We'll actually I cleaned out the pantry. I pulled lots of foods that I should not eat. Going to drop those by my parents, maybe they want them. I have been journaling and now I'm adding the calories and fat/carb/protein grams to what I eat. Since I have been jouranling it really making me think of what I had been eating compared to what I am eating now. One thing I definitely know is eating healthy is expensive. Yesterday 1 orange was going for 98 cents. I know it's because of the cold freeze that CA got, but wow... I now realize what Thin had mentioned before about the cost of fruits and veggies up North.

This week I plan to up my exercise. 3 days of morning classes and I'm adding 1 pilates. I know I had mentioned that at the beginning of the year, but I hadn't done it. This week I am.

Hope everyone is doing ok..

Nita - hope you are enjoying your visit with your kids and I hope Gene is doing well. I'm sure he misses you.

Mooz - Hope your still getting your walks in? Any new drawings?

Thin - How is "you on a diet" plan working for you.

Hal - How did your weigh in go with WW? Have you heard anymore from your friend that you were telling us about??

Cat - Praying that as each day goes by your DMIL memories help ease your pain.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #178  

Hi Chicks~~
Weighing in on Mondays as is my pal back home. (she is doing south beach). We IM each other in the morning and this helps us both to be honest and do this.
I am journaling on my computer what i eat and what exercise i do also, 1Day. I like the concept of the YOAD plan. I really did not feel hungry when i was eating just like Dr.Oz recommends. It is very cold here, NITA is lucky to be away from the valley of the sun right now! more like winter than all the years i've been visiting. We have had to have some heat going in our trailer every day for about 2 wks now. I think Phoenix was in the news for having some snow hit the ground. Scottsdale area had even more. The superstion mts had some too. pretty. i'll try to attach a pic of it. Got it off of AZfamily channel ...also this one of dog excited and catching snowflakes was so cute i saved it to show you also.
I did not lose this week, but maintained. I did not get my walking in when i was working the weekend, but now i'm going back to it for the next 4 days at least.
got to go shopping and get some good (high fiber ) bread again. Found this Alpine Valley bakery here, and boy is the 9 grain wonderful. 3 g fiber per slice and it actually tastes good. It only lists honey as the sweetner and it's far down in the ingredient list, so i feel it's good for my plan.
Yes, even we are paying more for the fruits already, it is more expensive to eat healthy, but i am willing to keep at it while I can afford it anyway!
You girls have a great Monday and i will chek in again soon

here is the link to doggie pic http://forms.belointeractive.com/sha...tchingsnow.jpg can't seem to save it or upload it any other way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow in 07 on supersttion mts.jpg (30.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #179  

Hello Ladies -

Thin - what a beautiful picture. Are those mountains near you? Journaling has really helped me. I know you said you didn't lose anything this week, but remember your improving your blood pressure, your cholestrol, your total well being. It's not just the scale that improves. (OK.. i have to remind myself that too..

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:46 PM   #180  

Bringing us to the top.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. It's been 2 weeks since i've been eating healthy and journaling. WE'll see...