Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #226  

Bringing us to the top!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #227  

Hello Ladies -

Had my weigh in today, Lost my 2 lbs I gained the last two weeks. I have recommitted to journaling. Looking at my numbers, I have lost 10 pounds since I started working out in September. I'm so pumped up...yea
Old 03-17-2007, 12:13 AM   #228  

YEAH ~~1DAY~~good job on the wt.loss. YGG Yes, we know we can do this. Just gotta (mostly) stay on plan. Vegas will have it's pittfalls(buffetts!) but one does do alot of walking to get around.

My parents live where i live for most of the year (MI) But we have been wintering in AZ for a few yrs now, and they had not been able to get down here. This year w/the Vegas condo they were real interested in making this happen. And my dad has his 2 new knees...so he is in good condition.
Going well here in AZ, but hotter than ****! I guess it's like 3 weeks ahead in the temps. Don't like it since we have no air cond. in this trailer...but the 2 bed /2 bath condo will be like heaven.

Stevie NIcks is at the Caesars Palace when we are there...still thinking of getting tickets to go since it's not sold out. Not my parents kind of music, but we decided we won't be doing everything together anyway. Just so they keep the phone# to the shuttle service we won't worry about them (too much! ) It has to turn around at some point doesn't it...kids worrying about parents instead of vice-versa! LOL

well, i will be able to check in while i'm away. So everyone please post an update would cha?
Miss you all,

thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #229  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Nita, I will be in Phoenix for the morning of the 24th of May. Then I drive to Chino Valley. I'll be in touch closer to the date. I have your address I think from my Christmas card list.

Nothing happening here except that I have now lost 4.0kilos on this diet. Slow but steady. I'm over halfway to my new year resolution to lose 10% of my body weight.

Gotta go do some work. I'll be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #230  

Hello Ladies

Thin - I just love Stevie Nicks, hope you were able to get tickets. It's been about 10 years since i've been to Vegas. I know they have so many new hotels to see. Hope your having fun. Win Big...

Shad - WTG on your weight loss. I'm learing it truly is a slow process but then again I didn't gain all this at once. When do you plan to be in New Mexico? Where abouts to do you plan to visit there?

As for me still working out. It's jus so hard to get back on track with the food. Hope to see a loss this friday at my weight in and measuring.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:06 AM   #231  

Hey there...
last night in Vegas. Got the wireless to work in a certain part of our room, so i'm posting a quick HELLO!
We did see Stevie Nicks at Caesars Place. FANTASTIC show. DH and I were really into the show. DH thought she might have gained a few # back, but i didn't think so. Her blond hair was just so straight and long and perfect. When they showed footage of her in the 80's, I still feel she looks better now. She was so strung out usually in her youth and the frizzy hair look is not as good as what she wears now. At 60 yrs old she looks fantastic.
She started off with Stand Backand Gold Dust Woman. Did a few of her songs that she had done w/Tom Petty. She had Waddy Watchell(sp) her long time guitarist help her w/the vocals on those ones. Excellent nearly 2 hour show. Well, all I can say about my parents is they don't care about the big eats, they like the gambling. So i did not overeat. One day we got them to do alot of walking, but they really couldn't do it much. So they only saw a very small bit of the wild city of Vegas. Oh well, they got what they wanted in.

Heading back to AZ tomorrow morn. I will check in soon. Stay strong chicks!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #232  

Hello Ladies -

Thin - sounds like you had a great time. I can't believe Stevie is 60, I just love her voice. I have a mixed Christmas CD and she sings Silent Night. OH, it just wonderful, I can listen to her sing that song anytime. Have a safe trip home.

Weighed in this morning and no change, which is good. Measurements are next week, hope to see some changes there. Going to a wedding this weekend, and I"m sure I'll have cake. Need to be good the rest of the time.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #233  

Hello Ladies-

Wow, not much going on in here! Hope everyone is doing ok.

As for me went to San Antonio for the weekend, went to a wedding. I actually did pretty good on my food with the exception of the cake. Ate a really big piece. Was very good. This friday is my weigh in and measurement day, hopefully I will see good results.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 PM   #234  

Default RE: Hello everyone...

Hey Everyone...

Just a quick note of hello to let everyone know I am fine, and still working at the saga of less of me! LOL I am at 14 pounds down since August, and it is such a challenge. I know small progress is better than any kind of gain.

I had my computer updated and lost all of my passwords, but we all know it does not take a month to recover them. So, I won't begin to use that as an excuse. I am just so suprised at how little it takes to side track me. Yes, I am busy, but not that busy?

I'm watching Dancing With The Stars this evening... love that show. I rarely watch television, but this one I do tune in for.

Thank you to all for continuing to post and it is good to hear you are all doing well. I'll post more routinely, I promise!!!!
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #235  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Progress is being made on my trip - which is why I haven't been posting as often although I have to say that I don't have the internet at home and have to do this at work - therefore posts tend to be short.

I've had to change a few of my plans for the holidays due to budget and time constraints. Won't be overnighting in Dallas now and it is doubtful whether I will get to New Mexico. I was going to Farmington (NW) but can't seem to get in touch with my friends there, so I have a car and will tour Az instead.
Flights are booked from LA to Phoenix and Phoenix to Memphis. Next step is Memphis to New York and then onto Canada.

Time to go back to work. Catch up again soon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #236  

Hey Chicks~~
Good to hear from a few more of you. Good news from Vegas : did not let them take all my money and I did not gain any weight. Now to get to losing a few #'s.
~~~1DAY~~~Oh, I looked it up and it appears I jumped Stevie Nicks up by 1 yr. Next May she will turn 60. I wasn't sure, but i thought i heard she already turned. Anyway, that was money well spent in Vegas. The sound in an auditorium like that was perfect for her. Well, i'd love to see about anyone there. I am going to keep watch for tours in the future (when we are here in the SW). It's a 6 hr drive but we can get a room off the strip and do it that way. Plus every seat is a good seat in that place.
Let us know about the measurements on Fri. , and don't worry about the wedding cake. You can burn that off easily. Glad you had a good time at the wedding. How long does it take you to get to San Antonio?

~~HALGAL~~ First time for me watching the dancing show. kind of fun w/those stars that they have this time.
And congrats on the 14# loss since Aug. YGG Slowly we will rid ourselves of this wt. that is dragging us down. Glad your 'puter is back and all your passwords too. Hate when things like that happen. I keep a paper notebook on them too. Just don't trust these machines that well! LOL

~~~SHAD~~~ good luck w/the trip planning. You will rent cars in different locations then? And what day do you leave? Hope you will try to find librarys to post and pop in occ. Or wherever they offer public computers. I know alot of libraries have them.

Where are all our other chickies gone? Spring is springing and we want updates on all of you.
till later,

Old 03-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #237  

Hello Ladies -

Didn't make it to my friday morning workout. I had a meeting I had to go to and need to leave pretty early. I could of made this morning's class but had way to many errans to run. We have been getting lots of rain here, which is really needed, but the storms that come are bad.

Hal - Glad to hear from you and WTG on the 14lb loss. It's ok that it's taken awhile, you sticking with it. That's the thing.

Shad - OH, I'm sorry no overnight stay in Dallas. I would of tried to meet up with you. If plans change let me know. Not sure how far Memphis is from here.

Thin - It's a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. Can be longer, lots of construction on the highway. When my parents go with me, it sometimes takes longer, I try to break up the drive with breaks. I might be planning a trip to Vegas this Dec. If I go I"ll let you know. How close is your home to Phildelphia? I might be planning a trip there this summer.

Ok Ladies - another month is upon us and for the month of March I did not lose any weight. Office weigh is Monday, but I know. I have got to get back to my eating plan, my journaling and to my "Not eating out".

Is anyone up for any challenges? walking, drinking water, journaling.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #238  

Default RE: Monday, April 2nd...

Good Monday Morning Ladies!

I took a personal day today, for me! You have no idea how good this feels. I slept until I wanted to get up, the sun is out, it is warm and I have a day to do as I wish. I've been working 10 to 13 hour days for a month, including one or two weekend days - and it simply is time to recoup. With all of those crazy hours you can imagine I have many things that need to be taken care of, and some of them will today.

More good news, I am .2 of a pound under a 15 pound weight loss. I am averaging a half a pound a month. Yeah real slow, but when you have been overweight all of your life, anything in the negative direction that is consistant is a good thing. I was so excited after my weigh in on Saturday, but too tired to enjoy it. I actually drove home to nap. I slept in yesterday morning and I knew it was time for a me day - too tired, or as my dear Grandmother Preuster use to say 'Too pooped to pop!', funny huh. The things we remember as the years pass.

OneDay: Hope your Monday weigh in was a good one for you. I think if I make an effort to drink water routinely and journal, the rest of the stuff comes around naturally. The more fruits and veggies I eat, the more I lose. The trick is to plan for my meals, snacks and the rest once again, falls into place. I saw a neat thing about keeping small bottles of water and a few 100 calorie packs of snacks in your car glove box. If you are thinking of a drive through, make it for a cup of ice for your water only!

THIN: Stevie Nicks reminds me of my college days. I have sirrus radio in my new Jeep, and listen to a channel called the bridge which plays music from the 70's and 80's, on the mellow side. I also listen to a few of the talk radio shows on sirrus, pretty neat. I made stuffed red peppers not long ago. They were on sale for .99 each, so I grabbed a few. They were so good! LOL

SHAD: I don't know how you budget for a vacation like you are planning, but you should know gasoline is on the rise here in a serious way. It currently is .11 cents higher a gallon than it was last year, with projections of more increases. It tends to increase other costs, but those take a while to take effect.

Nita: Good to hear you are back. I am sure Gene is glad to have you back. How are you doing now?

Mooz: OK, how far did you chase my man, Hal Ketchum around the venues and managers homes? LOL He is home now, but playing no where near central Kentucky. Oh well...

I am also a big Martina McBride fan. She has a new CD coming out tomrrow,and will be on the Today show. Maybe another free day? I could only be so lucky, but know better!!! I'll enjoy the day, today. I hope you guys have a great Monday also.
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #239  

Good evening Ladies,

We'll I didn't get measured today, I think she forgot and you know me... I knew the numbers were up so I figured I have two days to get something off. It sure was hard going back, it's only been 4 days but it was hard. Journaling and drinking my water today.

Hal - Good for you on taking a "ME" day. I just love those. When I can afford it I also like to get a massage in on those days. WTG on your 15 lb loss. Ok. less .2. That is great. Any weight loss is good. Take it at your pace. Is Oprah on the Sirrus stations or the other one?

Does anyone here have laminate floors? Any thoughs on them, yea, or na? Thinking of getting that on my living room and dining room floors.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #240  

Hey chicksters~~ wanted to pop in to give an update too. I have gotten off that nasty pound and am at an even 160 now. I am going to try to move more and drink that water too, 1DAY~~ I am ready for the new month of April and a new challenge. Lets make sure to post our daily ups and downs.
I am not close to Philly really, and the Vegas trip might not work out cause of right now we are planning to come down to AZ in Jan sometime. We rotate Christmas' in both places. But check with me just in case your or my plans change.

My DH and i will be celebrating our 31st anniversary tomorrow...and the sweetie thought of something nice. Since it's so hot here w/o air cond. and it's only about 4 to 5 hours to drive to Laughlin he said for us to look for a room there. Found a good deal online at one for 2 nites, 2 free buffets and 2 free cruises on the Colorado river. (well, i think they mean 2 people--but it's still good) for 2 nites $99. So i booked that and we leave early tomorrow. Got all the packing set, wasn't hard for only 2 days, and am anxious to get outta this 90 + degree weather that the valley is having. I think it might be a little cooler by the riverside? At least we know we will be in air cond. most of the time. Like walking the riverfront on that sidewalk they have. So i will try not to eat too much wrong stuff and move alot and it should be fine. I will bring the laptop and should be able to drop in and post too.
Also we really want to see that comedy 'wild hogs'...so there is always theaters there to go to. Less slot machines now that my mom and dad aren't with us. More site-seeing and moving. So i am very happy to go. Done working now anyway.

HALGAL~~so good to hear from you. You guys should check out this video of Stevie singing Angel back in the 70's. Well ,it's a bit of a documentary, but pretty cool. Here is the link on myspace vids.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2013665948
If anyone wants to see my page just IM me and i will link you up with that. I have fun w/the music avail. on that site. And i have my nieces and some pals to catch up with also. So far i like it. I'm sure it can be troublesome for some, but i watch who i add.

Glad you are able to take a ME day! you deserve it. And so good to hear from you again! missed ya. Glad you found a deal on red peppers. I haven't bought them in awhile, makes me want to do so soon! We have to start shopping less and using up what we have on hand now, and that gets to be a big chore. But it has to be done!

Everyone else...please post as we are getting worried about some of you....CAT.....NITA....what is going on with you guys? Miss ya.

Till later,