Old 05-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #256  

Hey Chicksters~~Just stopping by while on our trip home. I'm in Denver right now,but very early tomorrow we head out for the rest of the trip home. SHOULD only be one more night on the road if everything goes well. Then to sleep in my own bed in MI again! Wow.
Seems impossible how fast this time all goes. Had a nice time w/all the relatives here in the Denver area. Even went out panning in a river--tho that water was way too fast.

Saw on the Today show today that Matt L was in Ireland....did anyone catch that? Not sure if he was anywhere near where our own 'Mooz' lives... Sure was beautiful and green.

Going to go for a walk here today and see the small lake near my SIL's place. They have a walking path all around it. And to finish packing the vehicle (for the most part) tonite and early w/some coffee in hand in the morn. and we will be off.

TTL, take care all. I will post from home soon, but it will be dial-up and i sure am going to hate to go back to that! But it beats no internet i guess.
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #257  

Default RE: Just another Tuesday...

Hey OneDay,

I GAINED 3 pounds this last week. I can gain faster than anyone I know. I am back on plan counting and moving. What a mess, huh? Thanks for keep our thread alive.

Derby is this week, and it is pretty neat around here this time of year. The flowers at the capital building are beautiful. I have a recipe for Derby pie that would put 3 more pounds on me. LOL

Hugs and Hello to everyone else! Have a GREAT week!!!
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #258  

Hello Ladies,

Had my monthly weigh in and I lost .6 of a lb for the month. The GREAT news is I also lost 3 inches in my waist. YEA.. This month I am definitely going to shake it up. I am going to increase my cardio. I would like to see the numbers on the scale go down.

Thin - Glad your having a good time with family in Denver. Be careful on your drive home.

Hal - Isn't the queen going to visit you all? I was thinking I heard she was going to be at the races. I"m with you I can gained just looking at something sweet.

Ok ladies let's get moving...
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #259  

Hello Ladies -

We'll trying to increase my cardio is really hard when everyday I've had evening activites. BUT next week I'm taking a boot camp for 6 days, we'll it actually starts next saturday..I think the 19th. I"m ready to jump start my program.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Cat - Am worried about you with all the flooding and tornadoes. DRop us a line to let us know how your doing..

Everyone else, drop in say hi, tell us what you been up too.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #260  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been flat out busy but today I finish this contract and will be driving home over the weekend to Brisbane. After that I will be able to communicate much more easily.

So have a good time. Keep up the good work Patty. Catch you all soon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #261  

Hello Ladies,

Shad - Good to hear from you. I knew you were probably busy with work and getting ready for your trip.

Hal - I'm sure your winding down your school year. How's your WW going?

Nita - How are you doing? How is Gene doing? Are the radiation treatments over?

Thin - are you home yet?

Mooz - how are you?

Cat - been worried about you with all the tornadoes and flooding.

I hope everyone is doing well. Drop us a line, let us know.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #262  

Good Morning Ladies,

Just got in from my cardio workout. It took me 30 minutes to actually get up and go. I kept debating to myself telling myself how tired I was. I finally just said "Get up and DO it". Remember my goal was to add 1 cardio class a week and tha has been 4 weeks already.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #263  

Default RE: Long time no posts!

Hey Movers and Losers!!!

First up, thanks so much for OneDay for keeping us alive, barely! I hope everyone is well, and feeling healthy. I am still struggling. I was up to just under a 15 pound loss since August, and now am back to 12.3 pounds. I have been battling these few pounds, once again, a month now. My doctor indicated my thyroid homones were a tad low, and could indicate an increase in meds. Once we have my blood pressure where we want it she will work on it, if it still shows the same low level. She says so many things affect the thryroid readings it is difficult to make changes that are effective. I don't know. I know I could exercise more, I could be more dilligent about logging my points, I could eat more of the fruits and veggies Weight Watchers suggests for highly obese folks like myself. I could.

OneDay: Way, way, way to go on exercise and losing inches. Honestly, that is key to the whole thing, isn't it? How is Blackie? Rocky is rockin...! He woke me up on demand this morning. About 7:30A he just decided I was getting up. He is a nut case! I am home for 4 days, and that should make him happy. I took Monday as a personal day, and Tuesday is our primary election day. Oh yeah... nothing better than free time.

Thin: Good to hear you are heading home now. You are right, there is no place like your own bed. LOL. I went to a 3 day education convention during our spring break. One of the priorities established as a new constitutional admentment to our association is required recycling in all schools. I cannot believe it is 2007, and we are not already doing this routinely. Anyway...

Shad: Be sure to post your actual travel plans once they are finalized. I'll be traveling some during the time you are here. If you are remotely close, I'd like to meet you too! I hope you have a lovely trip. Our gasoline prices are inching up, and that may cost you a few dollars more - just a heads up.

Mooz: How are you girl? How is your art work going along? Did you or your friends hunt Hal baby down last month while he was hanging in your venue? I sure hope so! LOL

CatLover: Post soon if you can. Hope all is well!

Nita: I hope and and Gene are doing well. Have you been doing any more sewing or craft projects?

Well, there is a craft fair in Berea this weekend I may go to. I'll be potting plants in my containers on my deck and looking for a NEW patio umbrella. We had a storm about 6 weeks ago that took it down 3 houses, across the street and landed in a drive way! It looked in good shape, but structually was busted. I loved that umbrella, it was a 12 footer, and creamy natural in color and you could see the clouds through it. Oh well... the search will begin this weekend for a new one!

I had lox, cream cheese and a whole wheat bagel for breakfast. I learned to enjoy this while I lived in Boston. It is a traditional breakfast food in the Jewish community. It is an aquired taste.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #264  

Morning all.
Fast post this morning - I'm running out of time more or less. So much to do, so few days left.

It's a bit cool this morning and it took me a while to get out of bed. Definitely autumn now. Fortunately it doesn't get much cooler than this. Even the cat wasn't too excited about getting up even tho she hadn't been feed for all of last year (according to her) Maybe she wanted breakfast in bed.

Feeling a bit stiff this morning, that Body Balance class sure does move things in places one doesn't think one has things to move. It's hard on the abs today - still they are the laziest muscles and never want to toughen up.
Off back there in a few minutes to do a weights run. Then to the shops for the last of the purchases. I can then start to pack my bag. I'm trying to find some walking shoes which are not sneakers, but there isn't much around - you can either have boots or sandals - little in between. I was looking for some Hush Puppies but can't seem to find anything locally. I will attach an itinerary in the next couple of days. It's very long now. Hope you don't get bored reading it.

Patty - good going on the cardio stuff. It does take effort to get up and just do it. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, is it.

Hal - 12lbs off is much much better than 12lbs on. Keep trying and keep stuffing in those veges and the water. It sure beats the craving for the bad things in life and then after a while you get to like them. Well I did anyway. I rarely crave for chocolate or ice cream thes days. I don't like eating cream and as for most of the sweet biscuits etc. it's a case of 'yawn - so what that didn't do anything for me'. Pity I can't do the same for cheese hey

Okay, I have a list longer than the loo roll so I'd better go get on with it. Repotting to do today - yesterday I did the lawns - they badly need weeding. Funnily enough most of the weeds have gone with the drought in the garden beds - only things left now could probably survive a nuclear explosion.

See ya
Old 05-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #265  

Hello Ladies,

Hal - Wish you were closer I have 2 umbrellas that I no longer need cause I got all of my patio covered. I know it's hard, but like Shad said, 12 loss is much better than 12 gain. You can do it. Journal, Journal... it really helps. Blackie is doing just fine. I started him on a vitamin/oil supplement and I think it has given him more energy. You've never would know he was a going to be 10 this July, unless you saw the white/gray hair on his snout.

Shad - I know what you mean about those abs. I tell everyone I have a 6 pack, there just a 12 pack sitting on top of them . I'm sure you have lots of do to get ready for this trip. Are you coming alone or traveling with someone?

As for me, today was my first day of bootcamp. It was a hour and a 1/2 long. The first 30 minutes was running, the 2nd was cardio. I made it through that. I also paid for the food part, so she gave us our lunch pails and we have to eat everything in there. It's so much food, but its all good stuff. Protein, fruits and veggies. It's a 6 day program, so I'm hoping with these 6 days I'll be able to do it on my own.

I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #266  

Default RE: Rock on girls...!!!

Hey girls!!!

Thanks so very much for the postive works of support. I really appreciate them. It is a beautiful day here today, I forgot to mention, that Rocky has a pretty nasty case of allergies last month. He is 2 pounds over weight also. Pretty telling!

I went to see our students have their prom pictures by the state capital building. I just live a few blocks away. I did some walking and could tell, I am very out of practice!

OneDay: Bootcamp!! Details girl!!!

Shad: I know you are busy, you must be excited also getting ready for a nice holiday.

Hello to all missing in action....like I usually am!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Everyone,

We finally got through the 20 plus 2 more radiation treatments. The ear is looking quite good and we have a follow-up visit this coming Tuesday.

Hal, to answer your question, yes, I have been embroidering and doing alterations. Gene wanted me to make his radiation nurses t-shirts with Disney's Eor(?) and they were thrilled. I also gave each of them a tube of cream. Then he decided I should make a t-shirt for his nurse that comes and changes his catheter each month. I just finished her shirt with a beautiful rose on it. I also decided to make the receptionist at the radiologist's office a t-shirt as well. I am not really making the t-shirts, just decorating them.

Hal, I am very proud of you keeping off more than 12 pounds. I have been keeping a diary each day of my weight since the beginning of last year and today I am 3 pounds more than I was the same time last year.

It's getting hot here as it usually does come summertime--100 degrees.

I am going to the gastro doctor Friday so perhaps I can get to the bottom of my stomach problems. It is very possible that I do have celiac like my daughter because when I stopped eating bread most of my symptoms went away. However, she cautioned me not to do the program until after the doctor determines if that is the problem.

Thin, I can't believe you are almost home--it seems like only yesterday you were in Arizona.

Do any of you ladies watch American Idol or Dancing With the Stars. Our local girl, Jordin Sparks, is in the finale. And my favorite dancer is Apolo and Julianne!

Well I had better get moving and make some dinner.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, I will try to contribute more posts!

Love from me,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:23 PM   #268  

Morning all,

Short and sweet today since this is the day I take off for my tour of the States and Canada. I've attached my itinerary so that any of you interested can see where and when I will be at certain places along the line (all phone numbers and email addies have been removed - last thing anyone needs is strange things in the mail . If any of you wish to contact me because I am close to where you are or will be at that time, send a pm with a phone number or an email address and we will see if we can talk at least.

Nita, I have your number. You will hear from me in the next couple of days. It will be fun to talk to you at least. If there is a possiblity of meeting up well we can discuss that then.

Gotta keep moving. The son will be here in 3 hours to take me to the airport.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Grand Tour 2007 2.doc (48.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-24-2007, 08:01 AM   #269  

Good Morning Ladies,

We'll I finished my 6 day mini bootcamp. We started out with a 1 1/2 hour workout, running/walking 20 minutes, then working with weights. 2nd-6th day were 1 hour workouts. We started each day with a short run 15min., or whatever you could do, just had to keep moving. Then we did our workout routine, which varied. One day it was more cardio, of going up and down a step, next day, it was just using all hand weights. We were also given our food for the day. The first day it thought way too much food, but I ate it all, the 3rd day i thought OH,NO, IS this all. Remember when your eating healthy, just protein, fruits and veggies, It really is alot to eat.

Results. AFter 6 days of workout/5 day on food I lost 4 lbs and a total of 1 1/2" inches. But it gets better... I've been working out since Sept. of 06 at 3 days a week, sometimes I miss a day here and there... Total loss....
14lbs loss and 17 inches.... I'm really excited about those inches.

SO right now I'm all hyped up... motivated... I can do this. I'm committed to working out 5 days a week, yes you heard me right 5 days...
Old 05-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #270  

Eveming all,
Patty thanks for the pm. I will call, I just don't know which night yet, but I will get there.
Arrived safely in the US and am in Arizona catching up with my friend. We've known each other 42 years. Is this some sort of a record?

Anyway, still a bit tired after flying and trying to drive on the wrong side of the road but I'll be back to normal tomorrow.