Old 02-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Everyone,

I know I have been absent way too long. I sure was lucky I picked the two weeks I did to go back to Ohio and PA. The last few days I was in PA I came down with some kind of stomach flu. Then after I got home Eugene got a real bout with some kind of flu which finally subsided yesterday. The whole week was disastrous because I had so much clean-up to do from his illness. Now I have resumed my stomach problems--a whole lot of indigestion. I do believe if I get back on track some of these problems will go away. It seems I am fighting going back to eating correctly.

I had a wonderful time seeing my children, grandchildren and sisters back home and can hardly believe I have gone and come back. I now am working 1-1/2 days a week because the other woman quit for a full-time position.

It looks like most of you are doing quite well and perhaps some of your energy will rub off on me. I am still bowling but even as I am writing this post I do not feel well. Perhaps I need to go see my doctor. However, at this point I really want to change doctors and I just might look into that today.

Have a great week!
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 PM   #212  

Hello Nita -

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time visiting all your family. I'm so sorry to hear Gene came down with the flu bug. Glad you all are starting to feel better. Don't overdo it. Take your time into easing back into exercise. Eat lots of fresh fruits (Oranges, strawberries), lots of vitamin C to help you gain your energy. I truly think if you not happy with your doctor then by all means change. Find one who listens to your needs.

Took today off, ran lots of errans. I'm sure tomorrow will be a busy day at the office. Hope everyone is doing ok.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #213  

Bringing us to the top
Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #214  

Hey, where is everybody(me included! LOL) We have stayed on page 2 awhile so i'd better start off w/a post.
Good to hear from you 'NITA. Don't those vacations just fly by? I'm sure all your family was so happy to have you there. Are you and Gene feeling better now? I hope things are back to normal. Weather is very slow to warm up in this 'valley of the sun'....but we still have gotten to ride the motorcycle a bit. I'm sure it will be more in March.

My weigh-in was today and no losses shown...but no gains either, and i haven't been walking like i should so i totally can see it staying the same. I will do my best to try to get back to it. Starting today. Going to eat fish at least twice this week. Already have it bought ...tilapia and salmon. Going to buy some more veggies this week.

1DAY~~how is your plan going? Hope you are well.
Everyone else....please pop in! we miss you!

thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #215  

Hello Ladies,

Went out of town this past weekend. Went to a wedding shower. Unfortunately, or fortunately there was lots of food. It's so hard to get back on track. I want it all. I'm still keeping up with the exercise. My goal was to add a class this week. So far I haven't.

Thin - How do you plan on cooking your fish? Do you buy it fresh or frozen? That is something I need to do to. If you have any cooking tips please share them. Growning up we never really ate fish at home other than Long John Silvers.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Hope to hear from you all.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 PM   #216  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi all,
Just a brief drive through from here. We are frantically busy at work and I am still setting up my new computer at home so no internet there yet.
Also very busy planning, booking and organising my trip to the States and Canada in June. So far I am arriving in LA on 23rd May, and leaving San Francisco on 29th June and in the middle, will be in Arizona and New Mexico for the end of May, Tennessee (Memphis) 1st week in June, New Jersey and NY by 2nd week in June and then to Canada. The last week in Canada will be doing the Rockies train trip. Lots of $$$$$ but hey, you can't take it with you. Then a couple of days in San Fran and home. Lots to fit in and see and do.

Better go do some work or I may never get there.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #217  

Hello Ladies -

Had my end of month weight in and I gained 1 lb. I started to ask why, but then thought to myself.. Hum... you haven't journaled in over 2 weeks, you eaten lunch out 5 times, you eaten dinner out 10 times... I think I know why. This month I"m going to really tighten down, or whatever it's called. But I will lose 5 lbs this month. That is my goal.

Shad - my you are going to have a really busy vacation. Are you going to be driving once you get in states or flying?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Hope to hear from you all.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #218  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

There will some driving but not a lot. Mostly in Arizona and New Mexico and maybe in some rural parts of Canada. You lot drive on the wrong side of the road!!!!! It makes things difficult
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #219  

Hi Chicks~~Sorry i've not been posting much. As with 1DAY, I too have not been following plan that well. Pretty hard to see losses if we don't stay on track. I don't even want to weigh in today! Plus it's TOM, so who knows what that water retention brings.

As to the fish I did do that right at least. But ate out at Chinese buffet last night...ate lots of shrimp, but some weren't cooked low-fat for sure! Today is a new day. Back to the fish...you asked about. I usually buy tilapia(froz. fillets) and press some of those japanese bread crumbs onto them and saute them in as little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) as i can. A sweet potato goes real good with fish. I just nuke one big one and DH and i share it. Been getting good fresh asparagus lately too....sometimes i'll steam that in a pan and then add a touch of olive oil and some chopped almonds at the end and get those nuts toasted a bit. Adds alot to the asparagus.
As for the salmon the best way is to put generous amount of lemon-pepper seasoning and sometimes a bit of dried dill, wrap them in foil and bake or grill till done. That way they don't get dried out.

SHAD~~have a great & safe trip, and watch out for us crazy U.S. drivers ---on the wrong side! LOL Must be hard to switch, as it would be for us if we came there. I will be long gone from Arizona when you get here, it is pretty warm already by end of May into June so be prepared.

Where is everyone else???? HalGal???? Mooz??? Nita???? what is up with you guys? i sure hope to hear from more chicks soon.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:20 AM   #220  
Mooz

Hi chickies .... thought I should drop in just to let you know I am still alive ..... I have been on the computer very little recently as I had a chronic subconjunctival hemorrhage in my right eye. It came suddenly one morning early in January and there are still traces of it yet. I was off work for 2 weeks and had to go about with sunglasses on as my eye looked terrible. ...... I am trying to do as little computer stuff as possibel as that does not help. I am using a computer at work so that is probably enough for me!
I am still on blood pressure medication and have had to really cut out the "bad foods" as they do not help anything at all. I have got my weight down to 153 pounds but the nurse I am attending for my BP says I should be about 133 pounds Since I have been with her and cut out the rubbish, as well as losing some weight, my cholesterol has gone dowm from 6.5 to 5.2 ...... she wants it to go down to at least 4.5 .... so I have still got more work to do on that. I can get my BP down at home with my wrist monitor but when I am in the Health Centre I have White Coat Syndrome
Gotta go now but I hope to check in again soon ....

Take Care all

Anne
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi All,

I just erased what I had already written. Every so often this happens. I, too, am not doing very well when it comes to dieting. I do very well until late afternoon and then for some reason I get the munchies. I read on this website about the new diet pill-Orlistat-that has just been approved by the FDA. Perhaps I will have to check them out.

Gene has a sore on his ear and it would not heal so I finally got him to the PCP and he took a biopsy. It turns out he has basic cell cancer and hopefully it can be taken care of by radiation. The doctor must not be too concerned because we can't get in to see the radiologist until the 27th of March.

I am still bowling 3 to 4 times a week and working two days downtown. I try to stay busy but sometimes I feel I get stressed because of it.

I am still having my stomach problems and I do believe it is related to stress and not eating the right food. When I have my physical the end of the month I am definitely going to insist my PCP check to see if I may have celiac, the disease my daughter was diagnosed with. It means you are allergic to anything with "wheat" and almost all types of food have some kind of wheat added to them, especially processed foods.

Shad, perhaps when you are in Phoenix you can give me a call and we can meet in person. Thin and I were lucky enough to meet each other and it really makes writing more personable. You can send me an e-mail and I will give you my phone number.

Well I had better get moving. Take care all and have a "terrific" weekend!
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #222  

Hello Ladies -

Had my weight in today, no measuring, and I gained another 1lb. I know it's because I have just been eating and not journaling. I have got to get back on track. Last week I blamed it TOM and that didn't even come...I"m so frustrated... All I want to do now is eat.

Nita - Since work is stressful, have you thought about quitting that job? Maybe find something not as stressful? I'm glad you keeping up with your bowling, that is a good stress releiver.

Mooz - So sorry to hear that you had problems with your eye. I do hope your getting better and will keep you in my prayers. WTG on your weight loss. Just take it a day at a time.

Thin - thanks for the baking tips on the fish. I do need to try them. Have you seen the PBS program "You on a diet". It's 25 steps of the program, and it's been done by the other dr. , not Dr. Oz. I caught part of it and it's scheduled to show here again on saturday night. Might want to check your local PBS station.

we'll I"m out for the night. Tomorrow I have vowed to get back on track..

Hope to hear from everyone soon..
Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #223  

Hey Chicksters~~ not much happening at our site..and i'm not much better about posting. Getting my mom and dad to fly out here to AZ and taking a trip to Vegas so i probably won't be posting much for 2 wks. Haven't gained any weight back yet...but w/all the cleaning b4 getting the company i guess i haven't had time to over eat. But i'm worried about the food in Vegas. Well, hopefully all the walking will even that out too. I guess it takes about as long to lose the 30# as it does to put it on! just gradually not noticing the gains, and now it's the same for the weight loss.

1DAY~~no i did not know about the PBS show. Thanks for updating me. I will try to see if it's on here. Perhaps look it up on their web site? Hope you can get into a good groove again soon w/your workouts and journaling. I know how much of a bear it can be tho. You stay strong!

NITA~~Hope you are feeling better now. And that the radiation for Gene takes care of it. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

CAT~~What is up with you? Miss you

MOOZ~~ glad you could pop in...wow, that eye thing sounds scary. Hope they get this under control for you. I still smile when i read about your 'white coat syndrome'...since i have that too. Why do we react like that? i have really been keeping watch over my sodium intake and i think that is helping immensely w/my #'s. I don't buy any pre-pkgd lunchmeats anymore. I make or buy a chicken and eat that in sandwiches. or make a roast (beef or pork) and use that for the week, etc. I watch how much cheese i consume also, as i just realised the sodium is high in that too! And now with my salads I only have olive oil and balsamic vinegar on them and they don't have any sodium! i was so happy to find that out.

SHAD~~are you on your trip now?

And a special shout-out to our missing HALGAL~~miss your posts so much.

Well, I will still try to post b4 we leave for Vegas.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #224  

Hello Ladies-

Thin - OH, your so lucky getting to go to Vegas. Where do your parents live?I caught part of the program again on PBS. I too will go to web site and see when it comes again.

As for me still trying to get back onto the food program. I'm still exercising, cause I know if I quite for a few days then that will be it for me. But I'm just having a hard time with the food.

Ok ladies, Spring is coming soon and before you know it, IT will be summer. Let's get moving...Anyone up for any challenge...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #225  

Shad - As you get your vacation dates more defined let me know when you be in New Mexico. Whereabouts where you planning on going? I'm planning a trip there, but it's still up in the air at this time.