Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #181  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

OKAY LADIES, a little happy dance for ERIN today!! and a YEAH for me Doctor's scale was dead on 248, exactly what my dial scale said fully dressed before i left. I still can't really believe it. That is a total of 46 pounds in 16 weeks (2.7 pounds per week in case you were wondering) according to his records. So at that rate and knowing i have exactly 21 weeks until my 40th birthday being at 190 by then is sounding more and more realistic! That would be 56.7 pounds more if i keep at my current rate of loss which would put me at 191.3. I know a little harder on the exercise than i have been doing and maybe i can really make it! Yes, yes i know don't count on anything! I have been this road too many times before to not remember that the wonderful world of plateau can put a monkey wrench in the best laid plans, trust me i have been fighting one for some time now. So I am going to look for a new scale this weekend and if i can find a cheap one i may go with that. Since Snow's $20 purple one is serving her well, maybe i need to avoid the pricier ones and see how that works.

ROBSIA - WOWWEE!!!! I am so impressed! what a difference!!!!! I never would have pictured you to look like that at that weight. You have so much to be proud of!! Unfortuantely i just put a new battery in the scale that is why i am going to get a new one. Actually since my dial scale is reading so close to the doctor's scale i may just use that for a while and not weigh until i have my contacts in so i can see it!

ROBBIN - YEAHHHHHH!!!!!! That is fantastic!!!! I am so excited for you. Have to laugh at anyone else that does the scale reweigh dance like I do! Sounds funny to hear someone else describe it but i do the exact same thing!!!! I know what you mean about your boys starting football, its just a feeling like nothing else!

SNOW - AWESOME!!!!! on your 7 pounds this week! that is fantastic. It's amazing how gratifying it is to see it coming off. Keep at it! And as i said above i am looking for a new scale this weekend!

Well girls gonna finish up the paperwork and get busy with getting ready for school next week. A very happy healthy weekend to all of you!!!

Erin
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default scales and plans

Elem--that is such great news--I envy you your 2.6 per week weight loss--once I have my initial woosh I usually only lose about 1 lb per week. Too much dieting I think! I cant wait to be below 200--it will be such an awesome feeling, one I have not had for over 10 years!

I looked at my scale and it is a Thinner. I did the on again off again hop on all the scales at Bed Bath and Beyond. I chose the accurate ones then the cheapest of that category. I thought it would only last for a short while--because scales are so unreliable. But it has been great for over 6 months. I guess if it broke now, I would just go get another one of the same kind since--cheap! It was guaranteed to provide accurate weight. It is one of those kinds that you tap it first and then get on.

I would love to know your diet plan--you are so succesful!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:33 AM   #183  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning Ladies !!

WOW, it appears that I am amongst "losers".. CONGRATS to all of you !!!

I am also on this morning.... last night I worked late..yes again..and then got home and had dinner and thought I would check my email. Well earlier in the day a note came out that our exam results were available - you know the exams that I was studying for in June - well I passed both parts. YAHOOOO... so I am one step closer to getting my accounting designation. Now I just have to go through a leadership program and then I will officially get the 3 letters after my name. I am so excited and happy

I also did lots of self reflection this week and it is time for me to get serious with my weight loss efforts. I am going to go back to low carbing.. I don't think carbs and I get along to well and when I go off of them I actually feel much better. So going to stock up the shelves this weekend and hit it hard.

Okay gals I am off to endulge in my morning cup o java. Have a great day
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all:

well this is really working--another pound down today. I was a little worried because my cals went up to about 2100 yesterday. On one of the other boards someone gave me a formula for calculating how many calories you should eat in order to lose weight. (Here is the formula: Decide what you want to weigh and multiply that number by 12 if you’re sedentary, 13 if you exercise 3x a week, and 14 if you exercise 5x a week (excercise as in 45 minutes a session and with you’re heart rate elevated).

Mine came up to 2132. That seems like a lot but I guess the idea is to not let your metabolism slow down due to restricting cals a lot. What do you all think?

Louie: good luck with the low carbing--I did that for a while last year and had good results with it--it is easy to do and works well.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #185  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Why should the number of calories you need to eat to lose weight vary with your goal weight?

What if your goal weight was 200? That multiplied by 12 would be 2400 - I can't see anyone losing weight on that.

Now that number of calories you need to lose weight DOES vary with your current weight - as the larger you are, the more cals it takes to maintain your body - your BMR.

So you might need to eat 1600 to lose weight to begin with, but as you get slimmer, that amount will drop. When I started, my goal weekly loss was 2 lbs and I was able to eat 1400 calories a day.

Now, my goal weekly loss is 1.5 lbs and I can only eat 1350 a day. If I tried to lose 2 lbs a week I would only be able to eat 1100 a day, which is far too low.

But the goal weight makes no difference as my goal weight has not varied at all since I began.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #186  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I cut my daughter's hair this morning! I have cut her fringe before but never tried an all over head haircut - I was SO nervous. but I think it turned out pretty good.

It desperately needed it - she had chopped off her own fringe because it was getting too long (after SHE wanted to grow it out) - someone at school had hacked off the end of her ponytail with paper scissors and yesterday, the very first time I let her have chewing gum, she got it in her hair and I had to lop a chunk off.

I was going to take her to the hairdresser but I figured I'd have a go and if I made a mess, then I'd take her - if it turned out OK I'd have saved some money. So I did it myself and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Obviously it's a before and after shot.

Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #187  
rambler

Howdy Chicks! Well just haven't been able to bring myself to by a new scale yet but boy do i need one! Had three weighs in a row yesterday at 243.0 after a gut wrenching crunch when i steeped on the scale. Couldn't believe the numbers were the same each time so i got on the dial scale too and it still showed 246. So this morning I full well expected repeating numbers and got everything from 238 something to 244!!!! I know, I know, throw the thing out and get a new one, but until i can afford it i am going to have to hang in with this one. Clothes are defiinitely fitting better, wore a size 20 dress to church today that fit really well. So i am just keepin on keepin on and we'll see what i come up with when i can actually find a reliable scale!

School shopping with my daughter went pretty good actually. Was very crowded but she was a trooper and the day was long but smooth. Glad it is over, now we are just going to have to get into the routine again!

SNOW - Thanks for the congrats and the info on the scale. We have a Bed Bath and Beyond and I will be checking it out soon! As for my diet plan, due to insulin resistance i am going no refined sugar, no white stuff and whole wheat/grain breads and pastas. I haven't been worrying so much about fat at the moment but will be checking cholesterol here soon. I am eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies as well. Let me emphasize, THIS IS WHAT WORKS FOR ME!! I am FIRMLY convinced that you have to find the plan that works for you and you only. I have mishmashed together everything i have done over the years and come up with what i am doing now. Under the suggestion of the endocrinologist of coure. BUT humans are unique and changeable so you really have to find what your body is doing at that moment and then work with it. What you have told us you are doing sounds great, keep at it until it is not working and then just tweek it as needed!

LOUIE - WHOOO HOOO, congrats on passing your tests, i know you are so thrilled! I am excited for you, that must be a huge accomplishment!!!! Low carbing works for me as i told Snow, hope it works for you too!!! Good luck as you get your dedication up and going! Remember we are here for you if the going gets tough!

ROBSIA - yeah i am with you, the more i am reading on how i am dealing with my issues although calories play a role sometimes you have to be paying attention to other things more than calories. It all really baffles me, and makes me thing WAY too hard for what my pea brain can handle, i do much better with the is it this or than and then decide if it is what i can have or not! Your daughter's hair cut looks awsome! You are so brave to take that on! I have debated trying it several times but just can't bring myself to do it!

Well girlies, gotta run, still need to finish packing my stuff for my sleep study i am doing tonight ( shecking on my sleep apnea and narcolepsy to see if that is what is causing me to feel so fatigued all the time) and do 5 days of my bible study before 5:00 not gonna happen to say the least! Anyway, now we have bloody knee to bandage as well, how this happened while coloring i still don't understand! Ya'll have a good day and see ya tomorrow!
Old 08-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #188  

Evening Ladies...Did you miss me? I sure missed you!!! This will be very short, just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Got back late this afternoon and I'm pretty tired from the long drive. Haven't weighed myself in two weeks and will do that tomorrow morning. I'm expecting a gain, especially since my feet have been swollen the whole two weeks and I can't seem to get rid of the water. Now that I'm home and things will get back to normal, this too will pass. Got lots of pictures to share with you all. I'll try to do that tomorrow, and also get caught up on reading all of the posts. See you chickies tomorrow.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #189  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

WELCOME back Cheryl. We did miss you, very much.

I don't have time for personals right now just wanted to drop in and read the post's I had missed over the weekend and let you know what is up with me. I will come back later on (hopefully) and get some personals in.

I was very bad over the weekend with eating and had some margarita's the scales are up 1.5 pounds this morning but I am also kinda puffy and can't get my rings off. So I am thinking maybe some of the gain is WWW. I did have a great NSV yesterday that I am very excited about. While out shopping with my kids for school clothes I decided to get myself a new pair of jeans. So I grabbed a 18 and a 16 and headed to the dressing room. I knew the 16's were NOT going to fit but thought what the heck I will try anyway. Well guess what. They did fit, the went up they buttoned and zipped with no problem at all. I almost fell over. I also did a happy dance there in the dressing room. LOL, that will probably show up on some Funny Video show caught on security camera. I am so excited that the little up on the scale this morning really isn't bothering me at all.

Well girlies I better get the rear in gear and get to work. Check back later.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #190  
Project Down-Sizing !!

G'Day Ladies !!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I have pretty much spent the weekend relaxing and am still grinning ear to ear about my exam marks

On saturday a dozen yellow roses arrived at my door... a congratulations and thank you from my study partner. He and I have been taking classes together for the past 2 years and it was so sweet of him to send the flowers.

Hubby gave me a really nice pen (I am a total pen geek) with my name and designation letters engraved on it. A bit premature for the letters, but he is very proud of me and knows that I will make it through this last requirement.

Today is a stat holiday here (B.C. Day) so we are going to go meet family/friends for breakfast.. I love going out for breakfast.

Cheryl ~ welcome home Yes, we missed you. It has been very quiet around here.

Robbin ~ size 16..whoooohoooo congrats that must feel great !!

Erin ~ I am glad that you are getting other indications that you are losing weight (i.e. your smaller dress) cause it sounds like your scale is driving you crazy !! Thanks for the encouragement on the low carbing. I love carbs, but honestly when I go off of them I actually feel a whole lot better.

Robsia ~ your daughter is a cutie patootie !!

Snow ~ congrats on your 1 lb.. yeah !!!!

Well gals the coffee calls. Have a great day and I will talk to you all soon.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #191  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Hey ladies. Just wanted to pop in & say I haven't forgotten about you guys! Just don't have alot of time on my hands these days. Will type more later. :Hugs:
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #192  

Hello...No time for personals tonight, been on the go since early this morning and my bed is calling me. Took that big step this morning and stepped on the scales, I'm up 4 pounds. No surprise since I ate pretty good and drank Cadillac Margarita's Friday night. Won't take me long to get back to where I was, since most of it is water weight. My feet look better, but still had to cram my feet into my shoes this morning. Tomorrow I don't have to go anywhere, so I plan on propping my feet up, drinking lots of water and getting some REST.
See you chickies tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 08-08-2006, 07:44 AM   #193  
rambler

Well girls i am still living in the land of the possessed scale but good NSV yesterday. Went by my old job to see the two girls i am really good friends with there and the one said "hey there skinny girl" I could have popped out of my skin that she noticed and especially that she called me skinny. Everyone had a comment about how I looked. It really felt good. Well i am gonna have to run, already late to see a patient! Here's a couple of quick personals and then i will try to check in tomorrow.

CHERYL - So glad to see you back!!! Hope you had a fabulous trip! Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing all the stories! I am sure the 4 pounds will be gone in no time. Do you have any diuretics you can take to help along the shedding of the water?

ROBBIN - Awesome NSV!!!!! I know that was so exciting!!! I will expect to see the happy dance security video any day now!

LOUIE - I am sure the flowers are beautiful and what a sweet gesture! I know the pen really meant a lot to you and i am sure you will have those letters in no time!!! How's the low carbing going so far? I can't wait to see the nutritionist and get her perspective on things.

SHAWN - so glad to see you pop in!!! How's the exercise buddy working out are ya'll still at it?

Hope ya'll have a fantastic day!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #194  

Afternoon Girls...Down a pound this morning Feels good to do nothing but relax today and get caught up on reading all my mail. I want to go up to my sewing room this afternoon and start cutting out what I need to make a baby quilt for my new grandson due in Oct.
Had a nice time visiting family, but one of the FD's was a pain in the rear and made vacation miserable and stressful for me. I won't ever take her again! We were constantly on the go and the longest we stayed at one place without going anywhere was one day. The jet boat trip down the Rogue River was a blast and I looked like a drown rat when we got back, but I didn't care. It was 105 in Grants Pass, Oregon, so speeding down the river at 60 miles per hour felt great! Crater Lake National Park was beautiful. It's been 30 years since I was last there. Spent a day on the Oregon coast and went to Cannon Beach where Haystack Rock is, also went to Manzanita Beach and Seaside. Had lunch at my favorite place "Mo's". Had a nice bowl of clam chowder and a dinner salad with shrimp. My hubby went deep sea fishing with our son and got their limit in three hours. It was suppose to be an eight hour trip. We came home with Ling Cod, Sea Bass and 8 crabs. Had a big family BBQ at my brothers house. He fixed smoked brisket, BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs, salads and the rest of the fixens. Tried to watch what I was eating, but we ate out a lot. Had Chinese and Thai food, which were excellent. My son works as a bartender at a Thai restraunt. I ate tofu for the first time with a peanut sauce, very good. I had sweet and sour chicken, which is much lighter in taste than the chinese version, and the chicken is not breaded. It comes with cucumber, pineapple, onion, green onion, tomatoes and steamed rice. Also had two Cadillac Margarita's and hubby almost had to roll me out! I don't usually drink, so I had quite a buzz. Took the FD's clothes shopping for school, since there is no sales tax. It was an all day event with lunch at a place called "The Sweet Tomato". They are a soup/salad/pasta buffet and very good. I had chicken tortilla soup and a spinach salad with strawberries/cranberries in it. I wish we had one here.
I'm glad to be back home and getting back to my regular routine.

Robbin...Whoo Hoo on the size 16. I would of let everyone within ear shot know how excited and happy I was. Great job!!

Erin...You skinny girl, you!! What a nice complement your friends made and it just makes you feel GREAT that people notice all the hard work you have been doing.

Louie...Congrats on the great scores. That was so sweet of your friend to send you roses and very nice of your hubby to give you a pen with your name on it.

Shawn...How's the exercising going at the Y? You get more than enough exercising chasing after your twins. Keep up the good work.

Well gals, I need to get some sewing done. Be back later.

Cheryl
Old 08-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #195  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls sorry I haven't been around today. I was late getting to work this morning cause I had to take my little one in for his shots so he can start kindergarten next week. Lucky him since he went to Pre-K he only had to have 2 shots this time.

I had planned on getting on here during the afternoon but have been swamped all day. It is now almost time for me to clock out and run home to get some dinner before the two youngest have football practice. I actually think since hubby is working late I am gonna run them to the pizza place, tonight is buffet night and it would be much easier for me. I know I don't need the calories but with my time so short I have to make exceptions.

The scales said 234 again this morning............Agrivating for sure. I do think alot of it is WWW. At least now they have said 232 and 234 is my high unlike last week when 234 was my low and they kept bouncing up 1 or 2 pounds. (did that make sense?)

Wish I had time for personals but I just don't right now. If I don't get back tonight I will for sure be here in the morning.

Chow
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote