Old 07-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #31  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Yikes we fell onto the 2nd page... thought I best bump us up !!!

Shawn ~ good to see you. I think we are all going through some ups and downs lately.. just hang in there !!

MRae ~ thanks for the clarification on the CPA.. I think that would be equivalent to our General Accountant ?? I just took the national exam a few weeks to become a CMA (Certified Management Accountant).. looks like our board is full of bean counters

Meowee and Robbin ~ well nuts with the darn scale !!! Hope your days got better

Well I just got in from work, so I better go figure out what's for dinner. Have a good evening and I will chat with you all later.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #32  

Evening Ladies...Sorry I was MIA the last couple of days. Just busy with 4th of July activites. No time for personals tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow to catch up with everyone. Had my WW meeting today and I was down 1.8 lbs. Drum roll please...I'm in the 320's!!! Doing the happy dance As you can tell, I was a very good girl over the 4th. Hugs to you all.
Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies, sorry it took me so long to get here today but I had a MAJOR crisis at work! We lost all our data from the last 2 days So that means all the reservations we had taken for the last few days are gone...we're going to have some very unhappy people but it's not like it was our fault.

So anyway, I had to enter all the data myself by hand for the last 2 days and that means checking in and out and manually posting every single charge. So I'm bushed right now.

I'm gonna head to bed but I'll be back tomorrow to give a proper post

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #34  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Ok I am late but

Where is Everybody
No one has been here today. Hope everyone is ok.

MichelleRae Sorry to hear you had a yucky couple of days at work. I totally understand.

Louie, hope you had a good dinner. Got any good low fat low cal recipes.

Cheryl WEIGH TO GO. I am so proud of you. The holiday was tough for me, but luckly I am back down 1 of the 3 pounds I picked up.

Well gonna go for now. Check back later

RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #35  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Having a busy day . . . and it's one of those when you can almost see the air it's so full of water . . . ugh

Hi ROBBIN, LOUIE, MRAE, and CHERYL Wow it is really quiet around here, isn't it. Hope it picks up again soon.

Here's a little FFF for today . . .

Are you "worth your salt". At one time Roman soldiers were paid in salt or given a special sum of money which which to buy salt called a 'salarium' which is, of course, the origin of our word 'salary'.

Have a great one, ladies. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #36  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Wow it is like a ghost town in here.. with a few resident ghosts

Nothing much for me to report today. It has been great being back at work.. I am one of those sick individuals that loves to work ... but I am looking forward to the weekend.

Cheryl ~ so happy for you.. good job on the loss !!!

MRae ~ yikes, sounds like you are not have a great time at work. I hope it gets all sorted out and that you don't get too many angry clients.

Robbin ~ I have to admit that I am rather spoiled in the cooking department. My hubby does all the cooking.. so I leave all of that recipe stuff to him. Good job with the 1 lb. loss !!!

Meowee ~ how's the weather out east these days.. still hot and humid.. or wet ?!?!? Hmm I have to say that I am glad I am not paid in salt !!

Well I hope everyone is MIA because they are off doing something spectacular !!!!

Have a great evening and TGIF (well I am a half day ahead.. but we can start celebrating now) !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #37  

Robbin...WOW, oh WOW are you beautiful. Not that you weren't before, but can diffinently see a big change. Glad to hear you have lost one of three pounds that snuck up on you over the 4th. Nasty little aren't they!!

Erin...So happy to hear you mad it to PA safely and the kids were good. You probably have a little water weight from your trip. It will be gone in a couple of days.

Linda...Always a treat to read your FFF. I learn something everytime. Thanks!

MichelleRae...Your so lucky to have a pool to exercise in. I can only dream. I'm hoping to sweet talk hubby into one for next summer. Sorry you had data problems at work. Hope you got it strighten up and you didn't go too nuts doing it.

Tina...WhooHoo girl! Congrats on the 2 pounds gone for the week. 54 pounds is AWESOME!!!

Ryanmi...What a nice Auntie you are. Want to adopt me? LOL It's great you are able to do that, and she will always remember her times with Auntie.

Louie...Glad you had a good first day at work and are back into the swing of things. Congrats on getting lots of water in.

Shawn...Sorry to hear you are in a funk, but your here posting so thats a plus. Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have been there.

Had another great day and stayed within my points and got some exercising in as well. Got the quilt done today except for the french knots for the hair and eyes. Tonight I'm going to trim us all the loose threads...Thought I'd share a couple of things with you gals that I got at weight watchers this week.

I pledge allegiance to myself, the special person that I am, and to this body in which I live, one day, one meal, one moment while I live.
I will not look back to see any wrong, nor cross that bridge that hadn't come, but start each day freash and new, ready to learn, and feel special too!!

DECLARE YOUR THIN-DEPENDENCE!!!

I have the right to be thin.
I have the right to enjoy an active lifestyle.
I have the right to say NO.
I have the right to feel good.
I have the right to take time for myself.
I have the right to make sensible choices.
I have the right to be thin from within.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECLARE MY THIN-DEPENDENCE!!!

Cheryl
Old 07-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #38  

Sorry gals, I need to learn to proof read.

I pledge allegiance to myself, the special person that I am, and to this body in which I live, one day, one meal, one moment while I live.
I will not look back to see any wrong, nor cross that bridge that hasn't come, but start each day fresh and new, ready to learn, and feel special too!!
Old 07-07-2006, 12:06 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Guys just wanted to let you know that I'm still here! Another long long day so i'm headed to bed! Tomorrow is Friday so I'll definitely have time for a good post

Have a good night ladies!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:16 AM   #40  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

HI - just a quickie to say I haven;t dropped off the face of the earth.

Have had a VERY busy few weeks getting ready for our St Annes Idol final at school - which is tomorrow! And then we break up next Wednesday so I shall be free. Managed to get Coleen Nolan (of the Nolan Sisters fame) to be our guest judge so I am happy.

About two weeks ago my weight jumped up by 1.5 pounds and stayed there, so I've been desperately trying to get over my first plateau - finally this yesterday and this morning I dropped 2 lbs so I'm lower than what I was before it jumped and I finally hit 50 lbs gone!!! Yay!!!

I shall be very busy for the rest of today and won't get a chance to pop in but I shall be back!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:50 AM   #41  
Michelle

Hi All-

I HATE Summer!!!!! I have been absolutely miserable the last couple of days w/this weather. Summer is usually the worst time of the year for me b/c of horrible allergies that usually cause my asthma to flare up! So far this summer, I had been doing well, but the last couple of days have been horrible-I get so congested and it just settles in my chest no matter how much I try to get it out!!! (sorry-gross, I know...) That makes breathing a real chore- I feel like I've been exercising for hours ALL DAY LONG!!! So...that's what is up here!

I had to laugh when reading the posts-looks like I have a bunch of new "nieces", eh? LOL...I should say that I don't take Katie on shopping sprees everyday-this was for her birthday which was back in April! Because her stupid aunt has been so busy dealing w/work and stupid voice issues, she had to wait 3mos. before I could actually take her out-since that is an eternity to a 6 y/o, I figured it deserved a little something extra! I had to laugh though, because when I went to my brother's for the 4th, he wanted to give me a "little something", and not in a good way! One of the things I had bought Katie was a sidewalk chalk and paint set...and she used the **** out of it decorating the sidewalks and driveway for the 4th...I think my bro wished I had let her pick out something else...but hey-paint and chalk that washes away w/rain didn't sound so bad to me, and she knows it only gets used outside and it's not like it was something dangerous! He was kidding (for the most part) , but hey, I figure that's why I'm the aunt-so I can buy her the cool stuff that the P's wouldn't!! LOL...

Anyway, congrats to all of the losers out there-and to all w/NSV's as well! I am going to take some meds and try and get some sleep! I'll check back in later and do personals!
ryanmi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:10 AM   #42  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Ok quick post.

Sometimes I wonder why I am trying drop the weight at all. Today the scales really do not like me. I am up 2 pounds from yesterday. I did great with eating and was only short 1 bottle of water(32ozs) from my normal of 125 ounces a day. I am so aggrivated. And you don't have to tell me I know it is just fluctuation and WWW but dang if it isnt discouraging. The scales read 238 it is like the past 2 weeks were for nothing at all. I worked so hard to break that plateau.

Ok enough of that Sorry.

I will be back
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #43  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Howdy girlies!!!! Hope ya'll are doing well. Still here with mom and dad but will be leaving early in the AM. I had some time while Mom is taking in some of my dresses to get caught up. Yes please note i said taking in!!! will do some quick personals and then need to hit the road. I have been stuck all week at 255 and have had the scale read as low as 253.5 for one reading but can never repeat it. I won't record one that doesn't come up twice. I have been sticking with my plan but tonight, i am going to splurge, well i had a pina coloda the night we went out with my best friend and her boyfriend. But tonight i am going to have Penny's stromboli, an absolute favorite of mine that i can not get anywhere else. Penny's is a family run business here in the town i grew up in and you can't find it anywhere other than here. I am planning only one piece and then Digiorno wheat crust for me but we'll see. I am eating really light on the other meals for the day so i have room and calories saved up.

Linda - loved the stamp info, had to laugh! dont let the scale weirdness get you down. I think we girls who fight the insulin can never expect good results on a steady basis, don't pack it in, we will succeed!

Mrae - good job staying on plan and exercising! I can't imagine school and working, especially when working is being so difficult!!!

Tina - congrats on the 2# I know that was huge for you to see the scale finally agree with what you were doing! have fun packing, I am about to load up what i brought and a few extra's i am picking up from mom and dad and i dread IT!!!

Ryanmi - yes another willing niece here!!!! wish i had money like that to spend on my nieces but unfortunately there are too many of them (5 if you count both sides of the family) and not enough money to go around. I know what you mean about the heat. has definitely been cooler since being at mom and dad's and will dread heading back to the sweat box i now call home!

Louie - okay, i think you like work a little too much! I love my job but i have really been glad to be away!!!

Shawn - hang in there girl, it is not all for naught!!!! You can do this you already have a reasonable plan and know you can do this. We are here for you and we have all been there or are there now!!!

Robbin - I feel your pain girl!!! Don't give up now! You know you can do this!!!!! hang in there and the scale will show it sooner or later!

Cheryl - whooohooooo I could hear the excitement in your post! I am so happy for you! Love the pledge and the declaration of thin-dependence!

Robsia - great to hear from you again and hope your idol show went great!!!!

Well girlies we are off to the park for a picnic lunch and playing with Grammy and hopefully Pop-Pop too! Probably won't get back until sunday night or monday so ya'll have a fabulous weekend!!!!!!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #44  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey gang! I thought I'd better stick my head in and let you all know I'm home! Actually been home one day, but it was a busy one. Ended up me coming home 11pm lastnight from a card making party. Fun!! Seriously.

My mom ended up coming into town with me so there's your explanation as to what is keeping me away from here. LOL! (don't tell her I said so..LOL)

I hope to get back here more regularly before I go. Have a great day!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #45  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi there, Chickies . . .

Humidity is down again today and it is gorgeous, with temps in low to mid 20's (about 75F) I'm not going near the scale since I've said I can do the good stuff without constant reinforcement from the scale- . Knowing my luck, of course, by Wednesday, we'll probably be back to the high muggies. Oh well, I can hold out longer than the weather, so there.

LOUIE . . . Anybody who loves their job as much as you do is obviously 'worth their salt'.

CHERYL . . . Congratulations on finishing the kid-sewing. Loved those little "thin-dependence" tidbits.

MRAE . . . See you later, kidddo.

ROBSIA . . . Hi there, stranger. Congratulations on turning the big 50 milestone.

RYANMI . . . Oh yeah, I really hate Summer, too. The heat and humidity, the high pollen counts, and, to top it off, I'm also allergic to insect-venom so tend to be semi-housebound at this time of year. Can hardly wait for my favourite season . . . Autumn . . . although Winter is the only time I can actually breathe easily.

ROBBIN . . . Boy do I know what you are going through. Welcome to WWW-World. Just be patient, all the good stuff will eventually pay off.

ERIN . . . That is a great NSV, girl. Taking in the clothing is a much better guidepost than anything the metal-monster can tell you. Have a safe trip home.

TINA . . . Glad your Mother came to visit you for a bit, too and we'll never tell your secret. BTW, are you planning to check in here once in a while when you are in Hong Kong? Hope so.

Here's today's little FFF . . .

The first, readily available diet foods/meds came out in the last quarter of the 19th century . . . the first diet drink contained iodine . . . the first diet pill combined arsenic and strychnine with a thyroid extract. Talk about 'dying to lose weight'.

Must get back to my crocheting, girls. Taking advantage of the cooler day to put some edging on an afghan that has been waiting for attention, since you kind of have to drape it across your lap to work on it.

Have good one gang. Keep on moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote