Old 07-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #106  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Where is everyone?
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #107  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Gals !! Looks like the summer has gobbled up some of our regulars !!! Hope they come back soon, even if it is just to say

The weather has gotten warmer again and I heard that it is suppose to be in the low 30s by the weekend.. bleech. I think I will be hibernating inside !!

Robbin - welcome home from the mini holiday, glad to hear that you had a good time and congrats on the scale move

Erin - phew...big sigh of relief that all is well with your daughter Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, hope you are better and you will break that 250 mark in no time.

Shawn ~ exercise and eating well.. good job !!!

Well I just got in from the office so I think I am going to grab a cold drink and put my feet up for a few minutes before dinner. Take care and TTYS
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #108  

Hi Ladies...Sorry I have been gone for a couple of days, just very busy this weekend and trying to stay cool. All I can say is that it has been sooo hot and humid here and we need rain so badly. I am so tired of the over 95 to 101 temps that I won't complain when winter gets here. The only thing that seems to thrive in the heat is the weeds!!! I haven't weighed this week, but will before the week is done. I feel pretty water logged with all the water I have been chugging down and not eating like I should, or not eating at all cause it's too hot. The quilt goes to the quilter on Thursday and I'll make sure to post a picture of the quilts when I get back from vacation. Got a very busy week ahead with appointments for the FD's and packing for our trip, so I'll try to check back with you all before I leave.

Ryanmi... Congrats on the fairy fat mother paying you a visit! So excited for you.

MichelleRae...How was the trip to the lake? Bet your kids had a blast!!

Tricia...So glad to hear your hubby is doing much better. I won't see the 100 lb mark, but we are both heading in the right direction.

Tina...Relax and Enjoy your trip, you deserve it. We'll miss you, but look forward to your return and lots of pictures. Hope the fairy fat mother pays you a very nice visit in Hong Kong.

Louie...A date with hubby was very nice. We try to go out about once a month. We saw Pirates "Deadmans Chest". It was pretty good. I think I liked the first one better, but this was still good and I can't wait for next summer for the 3rd on to come out.

Shawn... and Way to Go on the workout. So proud of you!!! Shawn, you did great on passing up the cake and eating strawberries instead. I would rather have strawberries over cake any day.

Erin...So glad you had good news about your daughters eye. You must be so relieved. I know you are so fustrated about the scales not moving in the right direction, but they will. Sending you the fairy fat mother your way.

Robbin...Glad you had a great mini vacation. Hope you are feeling better.

Linda, Liza, Michelle, Lois, Tracey and Robsia...Hope you gals are doing well and still heading in the right direction. Have a great week. Hugs to you all.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:15 AM   #109  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Good morning ladies!! Well for those of us who have been around and yes Louie and Robbin I agree, WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!! The summertime run arounds must be keeping a lot away. Hope all is well with everyone. My kids made and unexpected trip to my mother in laws yesterday to spend a couple of days, i have a continuing ed course Thursday and won't be able to get home in time for hubby to go to work so had to find someone to watch them that day and she wanted some extra time. SOOO, Mommy had the afternoon to herself! It was wonderful! I usually took opportunities like this to pig out and definitely had the urge. But I didn't succumb this time. I did make a chicken noodle casserole and probably ate a little more of that than i should have but had steamed veggies with it so that filled me up. Did a lot of reading, still trying to get smut novel finished from vacation! Anyway, got on the scale this morning figuring i would be up from the casserole having salt and a higher carb than i normally eat but the first time i got on it was 248.8, i actually thought it said 258 cause i was figuring it was going up. When i realized what it really said i actually giggled a little. Now i am not too excited because i have been unable to get it to repeat that but it was fun to at least see it briefly. the next two weighs were 250.5 but at least i know now the scale can read below 250 hopefully in the next few days i will see a 24? that will repeat itself!! Definitely motivating to keep things going!

Robbin - hope you are feeling better. Glad to hear you had a good time on the mini vacation! Also glad to hear your losses weren't undermined by the vacation, lots of walking and sweating probably did the trick! Activity can make up for a lot!

Louie - yeah i think everyone is gone to the beach either physically or mentally! We have been at the 100 degree in the shade temps since Sunday and it is really getting to me. Would love to do some stuff outside when i get home from work but i just can't handle it! Thanks for the encouragement! Hope you keep cool, one way or another!!!

Cheryl - Hang in there lady, sounds like you have got lots going on! Your vacation will be well deserved when it gets here! When exactly do you leave? Thanks for sending the fairy fat mother my way, I am hoping the bloodwork i am having done this week will tell me a little something too since i seem to be having some other issues too. Maybe a few adjustments to the meds will kickstart the process again.

Well girlies time to get to work, hope ya'll have a fantastic day and we hear from some of you MIA's real soon!!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:45 AM   #110  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Just a quick check-in before work. I'm still here! The heat is KILLING me, and defeating my workout efforts. But I have plans to meet my buddy at the Y again tonight.

My baby Carson burned her arm pretty bad on Monday night, on daddy's motorcycle muffler. It's a second degree burn, but she's being a trooper & hanging in there really well.

I have created a little, personal website for myself, which I am calling "facing reality". I saw some pics of myself at my brothers wedding a few weekends ago... and my image of me in my head does NOT match reality... so I've posted some of my more recent "fat" pictures, and am trying to get my brain to accept reality, so that I am more motivated to stick with this! .... yes, I'm a weirdo.

Ok, ladies. Have a great day!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #111  
Mom of 4

Morning ladies. Not much to report here. Just bad mood and aggravation. Scales are back up 1 pound. I know all of this fluctuation is WWW but I am so sick of it. When am I gonna start moving again. I was doing so good but for the past 6 weeks now I have been stuck between 234 and 237. I have increased calories, decreased calories, pigged out, worked out, you name it I have tried it.

Tricia – welcome back hope to see you more often.

Louie – Thanks for the congrats but it seems that it is premature.

Cheryl – I so totally understand the busy weekend, hot and humid and need of rain. Our temps have been around 103 for the past 4 days. YUCK

Erin - it is always to have a little time for yourself. I don’t remember the last time I had some mommy time. The next scheduled time with out kids is the end of August. Another yuck there for me, I am feeling so run down here lately I really wish I could get some free time.

Shawn – Sorry to hear about your baby girl. And no you are not a weirdo, we all do different things to make ourselves wake up.

Anyone I missed - hope you doing ok and having a wonderful day.

Well girls I am gonna cruise. I am feeling really bummed today and just want to go back home. If the scales would move it would help so much.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #112  
Michelle

I just had a whole big post typed up and my computer froze up and I lost it...Ughhh..oh well...

So, lest I type it all again, I will just say hello to all, sy that the heat has relented for a day or two- only in the high 80's the next couple of days...

Shawn-hope youe little one is ok- you're probably more upset than she is...

I didn't sleep well, have to do Orientation all day today, and work late! Diet Coke, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!! Show me the cafeine!!!
ryanmi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #113  
Lois

Hey Ladies...

I had to pop in to let you all know I'm still here and have not forgotten about any of you How is everyone's summer going and how is everyone?

I'm doing ok... I have fallen way off in the exercise dept. and these hot humid days don't help the matter... lol, but surprising enough, I am maintaining my loss with only a 2 - 3 lbs fluctuation. I guess all the packing and preparing to move is keeping the scale from creeping up. I wish I could say I had lost another 10 lbs., but I haven't, but I'm happy that I've lost those lbs. and am keeping them off... what a great NSV

Hopefully I'll be getting settled in my new place within the next few weeks and I can get back to posting regularly.... until then, I'll keep all of you in my thoughts. Congrats to all NSV's and losses. and to any and all that are new to this wonderful group.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #114  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I'm another one who ahs been flucutating over the last few weeks. The temp today at 3pm was 35C in the SHADE, which is about 95F - unheard of here in the UK!!

I do feel slimmer but the scales don't show that much of a loss - I am assuming it's water retention in this heat - guess that's telling me I need to drink more water. I am going swimming this evening which should be nice and cool!

Will try and make a longer post later but my computer room is stifling - no A/C - no need for it usually.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #115  

Erin...See, the scales will move below 250. I know you will see that magic 240's by next week. We leave next Monday morning at 5:30 am. I pick hubby up from work at 6 am and hit the road. I'm driving 1050 miles the first day to Spokane, WA. A diet coke and the smell of home, and I'm good for about 16 hours. LOL

Shawn...Know what you mean about the heat. Hope you have a good work out at the Y. We all need a little reality check once in awhile. My brain is the same way, I don't feel fat, till I see myself.

Robbin...Much cooler today, but the storms just passed us by with no rain.
Hope you are out of your funk. I just kknow the fairy fat mother will pay you a visit soon.

Ryanmi...Glad to hear you are getting a couple days of much cooler weather. Sorry you have to work late, but the coke will keep you perky!!

Lois...Congrats on maintaining! That's the hard part, and with the stress of buying a new place and moving, well your doing Great!!

Robsia...I just know you are enjoying your swim tonight. Hope it cools off for you soon.

Well ladies, I got a nice surprise today. I decided to clean my closet out and decided to try on some clothes I haven't been able to get into for YEARS. Well I have 4 dresses, 3 pants and 2 tops I can get into. Doing the happy dance. Got most of my packing done today, which is good since I will be gone tomorrow and most of Friday. Still need to clean the house and will try to tackle that on Saturday.
Have a good night and I'll check back tomorrow.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #116  

Cheryl - that's fantastic about 'shopping in your closet. I'm looking forward to doing the same.

Everyone - seems to be a heatwave everywhere. It was 99 degrees F here y'day... just awful!

Today is my birthday!! My coworkers brought in a cake for me and I had a small sliver & a regular sized piece tonight with my family. The rest is going to go in the garbage. Throwing food away is so completely against my nature. Growing up, my mother had a fit if we wasted any food at all since food was sometimes scarce. I haven't done it yet, but I am concerned about how I'm going to feel. If I keep it around, I'm going to be tempted to eat it, and I REALLY don't want to eat it. I'm in a very good place mentally and I just can't lose it. I'll let you all know tomorrow how it goes.
pattybgud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #117  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Robbin ~ Just a for you! Look at how far you've come! 40 lbs gone, girl! Don't get frustrated because it's not moving TODAY. or even this WEEK. You've done fabulous ~ just keep the big picture in mind!

Cheryl - Congrats on getting back into old clothes! That's awesome & I can't wait until I can do that!!

Tricia ~ You throw that cake OUT, girl! Do it NOW before you change your mind!! Or maybe take it to a neighbor or to work or something?

Well, ladies, I worked out tonight again at the Y. Having a workout buddy makes it SO much easier! Now, I'm sitting here eating frozen peaches, trying to cool off. Have a great night!

shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #118  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Gotta be super quick this morning already late gotta get blood drawn and then head to a continuing ed class. Fortunatey they are only blocks apart! Scales were up a pound today, it's just crazy!!!!

Shawn - you are not a wierdo!!! I have done some of the same things to keep me up with reality. We are very good at fooling ourselves into thinking its not that bad and sometimes we really need that reality check. Hope your little one heals quickly! Glad to hear you got to the gym last night! You are doing great!

Robbin - yeah i know your pain, up again for me today too! Plateaus suck!!!! Hang in there! We both know if we keep doing the right thing eventually it will come off!

Ryanmi - don't you just love computer freezes!!!! NOT!! Glad to hear your heat is breaking a little! Wish i could say the same!! hanging in there and hope you make it through the day on the caffiene!

Lois - glad to hear you are keeping off the weight and the packing is not getting to you too bad! Good luck with the continued moving process, i know it can be a hassle but I just love settling in a new place! Have fun and keep up the good work!

Robsia - sorry to hear the heat woes have gotten you too, hope they don't last too long. The swimming may actually get some of the water retention off so hope it does ya some good besides just cooling you off!

Cheryl - i don't know if i'll ever really see the 240's again, after being up a pound this morning i am getting that impossible feeling again. I hope you have a fabulous trip and lots of fun!!! Yeah adrenaline can get a long way on the road! Especially boosted with caffiene! HAPPINESS on getting into the old clothes, that is so fun!!!! and doesn't cost any money, how wonderful in time for your trip too!!!

Pattybgud - Good job on throwing out the cake and happy birthday!! I know it is hard to feel so wasteful about things but sometimes we just have to do these things to keep ourselves from getting into trouble!

Well ladies hope ya'll have a good one!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #119  
Mom of 4

Howdy Ladies, how is everyone this morning? Big to you Lois we have missed you, hope you get everything settled soon.

I am trying to be more upbeat this morning I know yesterday I was a real bummer. I admitted to myself a few things, I haven't been using my fitday and really have no Idea where my calories are. I entered the foods I ate for Tuesday and ouch the calories totaled 1765. Not good way to high. I need to cut back about 200 calories. I did better yesterday but havent entered it yet. Maybe if I start using my fitday again I will see some more pounds drop.

Well better get busy, I have tons to do at work today. I will check back later.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #120  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Gals - I had to work late last night and then went out with the girls for dinner, so I didn't get a chance to post. Hope you all have a great day and I will be back tonight for personals.

Take Care !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote