Old 05-24-2006, 10:26 AM   #76  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning ladies . . .

I'm having a happy morning. I finally got to move my ticker a whole 2 pounds in the down-eastward direction. the mean old scale- only gives in every so often, just to keep me from going totally insane. I know it's the insulin and other diabetes meds that keeps things from dropping as quickly as I'd like, and I try not to get discouraged. Oh well, slow but steady as the tortoise would say.

Freda . . . Nova Scotia is having a really cool day today, too. About 8C/46F when I was putting the garbage out this morning and no sign of any sun. . . Hey, pretty soon we'll be complaining about the heat, no doubt.

Cheryl . . . Speaking of heat. Wow. Don't you just hate that high humidity though?

Donna . . . Another one in a heat wave . . . Have a great weekend. We had a long weekend on the 22nd and it rained far too much. Regarding those Hoodia patches . . . I wouldn't try them, personally. Since I already take so many kinds of medication, I'm very cautious about anything else. Besides, I'm waiting for the real magic pill to come along and put an end to obesity forever.

Have a great day, everybody. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction at whatever speed best suits you (well, your body).
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:32 AM   #77  
Onward and Downward

Donna . . . I just saw a thread about Hoodia on the "Dieting with Obstacles" forum, you might want to take a look.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Bad Moods

Well, yes I did get the funk under control...by removing myself from the situation. Sometimes that's the only way, you know? Maybe next week I'll check back in with that particular group, but this week - I'm just ignoring. Thanks for all the support here tho - I needed to hear the positive encouragement

This is a good thing, I guess because I turned my annoyance with that message board into some action, meaning I got out the LAWN and LEAF-sized hefty bags and started stuffing them full with items to take to Salvation Army - and that's where we're headed this morning, to drop them off at the donation center.

The other good thing is that I didn't get all upset with the fact that the emotional upset triggered that hunger response. It happened and I didn't over do and once I realized I WAS craving food as a comfort in this particular situation, well then I started looking for something to try and help my mood.

So I went shopping yesterday and bought a new toliet brush - lol!!! (I'm not a shopper so just going is a big deal!!) My lovely new brush got initiated this morning and did a super job The old one, rust stains and all, got to retire...

Meowee I have 2 orange kitties currently - orange cats just have BIG personalities for some reason, at least in my experience.

OK, time to get loaded up for my trip out to SA. Have a good day all :-)

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #79  
Onward and Downward

That is fantastic, Hy . . . I wish I could turn all my funks into worthwhile activites like that . . . but one can only use so many toilet brushes. Sorry . . . I just couldn't resist. You can see the kind of day I'm having.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 PM   #80  

Hi Girls, just a quick check in since I have been gone most of the day and my eyes are tired. Had WW today and their scales finally moved 3.4lbs!! Mine said 1.4 lbs this morning, so I have moved my ticker another pound.

Donna...I wouldn't use the patch, but that's just me. I wouldn't use pills either. I tried pills a long time ago and it made me feel very weird.

Hy...Glad you are out of your funk. Had to laugh over you store purchase. Guess us girls can always use a new toilet brush. LOL

Linda...WHOOHOO!!! Feel's great to have the scale move southward!! Guess that fairy fat mother did find you.

It has done nothing but rain cats and dogs today, and very humid. Hope it isn't going to be a dreary, rainy weekend. See you chickies tomrrow.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . very cool again this morning . . . but the sun is peeking through even though the radio is calling for rain later on. We'll just have to wait and see.

Congratulations on your loss, too, Cheryl. It sure does feel great, doesn't it. WHOOPEE.

Have a great day, ladies . . . See you later.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee
That is fantastic, Hy . . . I wish I could turn all my funks into worthwhile activites like that . . . but one can only use so many toilet brushes. Sorry . . . I just couldn't resist.

LOL Meowee ...I hear ya!!

Hy
Old 05-25-2006, 10:18 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
Hi Girls, just a quick check in since I have been gone most of the day and my eyes are tired. Had WW today and their scales finally moved 3.4lbs!! Mine said 1.4 lbs this morning, so I have moved my ticker another pound.

Hy...Glad you are out of your funk. Had to laugh over you store purchase. Guess us girls can always use a new toilet brush. LOL

Cheryl

Cheryl What is up with the scales???? Well either/or, wonderful news that they both reflected pounds gone "bye-bye", so a big congrats on that!! Feels good, huh? I'm so glad your hard work is finally being reflected on the scales.

Well, building on the success of my toliet brush purchase earlier this week, yesterday I went shopping for new couches - a monster has been created I'm afraid!!

My kitties are getting their teeth cleaned today - please send good wishes their way if you have a chance - I'm always a nervous wreck whenever any of my pets (or me!) has to be put under for something.

Have a good day all

Hy
Old 05-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #84  

Quote:
I finally got to move my ticker a whole 2 pounds in the down-eastward direction.

Meowee I forgot to congratulate you on your 2 pound loss - WTG!!! That's fantastic!!

Hy
Old 05-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #85  

Hy...My scales, which is a digital, has always been about a 4lb difference from WW. I report on what my scale says, since I was getting so discouraged to be down 2lbs and then go to WW and have a 4lb gain. Yesterday was the first time since Jan, that the scale at WW has had that big of a drop. WW said I weighed 339 and my scale said 334. Of course I'm going to take the lower number, I'm not that crazy!

It's cool, damp and dreary here. Hope it warms up by the weekend. Hope your kittys did well with their teeth cleaning. I have to take my dog in soon for a teeth cleaning and to have a couple of teeth pulled. I got him 1999 from the Humane Society, and he had been abused for over 2 years. He had been fed catfood, which is very bad for a dogs teeth, but he's alittle sweetheart and he loves me very much, as I love him.

Linda...Hope you are having a good day.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:51 PM   #86  
Onward and Downward

Well I'm back . . . I've been playing around with the digital camera again. So I thought I'd try posting some more pictures . . . hopefully I will get better at this I'm certainly not impressed with my artistry so far.

Anyway . . . the big ball of grey fuzz is MOUSE . . . the one who thinks he is the reincarnated Egyptian God . . . and the black one is JAZZ . . . who looks a little angry but is actually a very easy-going, laid-back kind of a cat.

I tried to fix the eyes with the red-eye reduction thing, but I guess it only works for people eyes. Any ideas??

BTW, Hy, don't know about your Vet but mine charges more to clean my cat's teeth than my periodontist charges to clean mine. Of course, I don't have full anaesthetic . . . although there have been times I would have liked some.

Funny thing, Cheryl, I remember years ago we used to feed the cats the same food as the dogs (back when we didn't know any better ). Dogs are more omnivorous than cats. Cats are pure carnivors and dog food doesn't have a high enough protein level for them, but I didn't know that cat food was hard on a dog's teeth. Because of the higher protein it might also be hard on their kidneys.

See you later, gang. Have a great evening.

Last edited by meowee; 09-24-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
I have to take my dog in soon for a teeth cleaning and to have a couple of teeth pulled. I got him 1999 from the Humane Society, and he had been abused for over 2 years. He had been fed catfood, which is very bad for a dogs teeth, but he's alittle sweetheart and he loves me very much, as I love him.

Cheryl

Cheryl your little rescue dog sounds like a sweetheart - I'm glad he found his way to you and now knows what safety and security and much love means

We adopted our bichon from the HS in 1999 also!!! Very sketchy info about her, but we think her owner passed away and the family got rid of her after that. I also adopted what turned out to be an elderly little dog this Feb. He's a sweetie too but healthwise, a little more than what I need right now. We LOVE him tho and hope he has a little time still left in him!

Hy
Old 05-26-2006, 09:17 AM   #88  

Quote:
Anyway . . . the big ball of grey fuzz is MOUSE . . . the one who thinks he is the reincarnated Egyptian God . . . and the black one is JAZZ . . . who looks a little angry but is actually a very easy-going, laid-back kind of a cat.

I tried to fix the eyes with the red-eye reduction thing, but I guess it only works for people eyes. Any ideas??

Meowee LOVED the pics!! Your cats are adorable and thanks for sharing! We also have 3 cats and each one is totally different from the other ones in looks and personality.

No the red-eye correction doesn't work for pets...you need "Pet-Eye" correction and not all photo software has that available. Photoshop Elelments MIGHT have it - I can't remember now, but I do know you can get a free 30 day trial from their website. (I have a cheapo American Greetings program I bought for $5 to do labels with and oddly it has 'pet-eye' correction)

The other thing you can do but it takes a lot of effort, is to do a paint thing and black out the entire eye with brown and then add a small dot of white for a highlight...altho the results can be iffy.

Hy

Last edited by hyacinth merry; 05-26-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:23 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth merry

My kitties are getting their teeth cleaned today - please send good wishes their way if you have a chance - I'm always a nervous wreck whenever any of my pets (or me!) has to be put under for something.

Hy

Kitty update: Both did fine with the cleaning altho our one cat was diagnosed with FORL, a progressive dental disease and had to have 4 teeth not only pulled, but then the roots surgically removed. I hate that he has obviously been in pain and I had no idea - I did notice he didn't want any "crunchie" food and one of the reasons I had his teeth cleaned.

(We do mostly soft food, but I usually toss a few EVO crunchies in)

He's got pain meds for the weekend, but seems to be doing well despite all he went through yesterday.

Thanks for all the good thought!!

Hy
Old 05-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #90  
Onward and Downward

Hy . . . thanks for the "pet-eye" info. I've got a couple of other editing programs on my computer, I'll see if they have it. If not, I guess I'll just have to settle for the 'pets from outer space' look.

Glad the fur-kids came through the teeth cleaning ok. I started getting my cats done, when Jazz began chewing on the rug in my sunroon. Clean teeth didn't break him of the habit, so I finally replaced the rug. He doesn't chew the new one. Different flavour I guess.

Have a great day . . . See you later, everybody.