Old 06-16-2006, 02:36 PM   #151  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, You know I had pretty well resigned myself that 116-117 was ok and I was pretty happy with the way My clothes fit and wasn't going to try to reach goal of 115? Today I stepped on the scale and it was 115!!!! I haven't tried to lose any more, just continued to eat healthy and exercise and I guess it paid off.

Linda, YEAH!!! Another visit from the fat-fairy-mother! Doesn't that just make your whole WEEK?

Hy, You got a visit too huh? That fat-fairy-mother has been a busy lady! Lets keep her hopping! Sorry to hear that your experience with the doctor has been so negative. Be sure to let your primary know what happened. Big hugs, girl! You could probally use them about now!

Cheryl, If WW told me I lost weight, I would listen to WW!! I'll take anything I can get!

Donna, Enjoy the party but remember you don't have to eat to have fun! I know it's hard with all that lovely food around but we just end up paying for it later! Not worth it!! And remember, you can run but you can't hide from the fat-fairy mother! She will find you soon.

Have a lovely day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:51 PM   #152  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hello all . . . Alberto has left the region and left us with an absolutely gorgeous day . . . although I do think he may have taken a couple of my roof shingles with him . . . the light fixture in my computer room sprung a leak about bedtime last night. Will have to see what happens next time it rains. It did this during a bad storm once last year.

Hi Hy . . . Wow, I certainly agree with the comments others have made. You definitely need to see another doctor . . . this guy sounds quite a bit beyond "queer duck". Congratulations on the pound you got rid of . . . too bad you've been doing 'everything wrong'. Maybe you should report this "quacker" to the board that certified him before he really hurts somebody in more than just the wallet.

Hi Cheryl . . . So sorry things have been so stressful for you, but congratulations on staying in control foodwise. We all know that's no simple task sometimes; so be proud and count your victories where you find them. Hope the 'real scales' give you good news soon. Have a great time at the car show.

Hi Donna . . . Just hang in there, chickie, the Fairy-Fat-Mother is on her way, although I know there are times she seems to be fighting a head-wind. Just keep doing the right stuff and she will get there. In the meantime, have a good time at the anniversary celebration . . . but not "too much" of a good time, now.

Hi Freda . . . See what happens when you don't let yourself fret over the last little bit. Congratulations, girl, and you deserve every non-ounce of it.

Well, I've been very busy with the work-project today and need a few more hours on it before I can put it away for a few days. Most of next week should be fairly quiet on that front so hope I can get some other stuff done.

Have a good evening, everybody. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the proper direction. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:03 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Wink Fire that Quack? You bet!!

Oh gosh, that goes without saying I would never go back to that Endo - lol!! I went back yesterday only to get my test results and to prove to myself that I'm not going to let a wierd-o like that keep me from getting what I need - and in this case it was the biopsy report.

Sorry I gave you all the impression I would be continuing to seek anything from Dr. Doo-Doo-Head!!! No, no, a thousand times no!! I now have copies of all my tests in my hot little hands to turn over to my regular MD next week.

Hy
(Thanks again for all the good thoughts and wishes!)

Last edited by hyacinth merry; 06-16-2006 at 08:38 PM.
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #154  
Onward and Downward

Happy Saturday . . . it's another gorgeous day . . . although it is just about up to my personal maximum high. . . it's sunny, warm, no humidity and a lovely breeze . . .sheer delight.

Glad to hear you are rid of that ??doctor??, Hy. Wise decision.

Have a great evening, everybody . . . wherever you are and whatever you are doing . . . hope it's the good stuff. see you soon.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #155  

Hi Girls, Very busy and stressfull weekend for us. The car show was great! Had beautiful weather, lots of people and a tent for me to work under this year so I wouldn't burn like I did last year. The good thing is we won $ 200.00 in the raffle and a club member won my quilt. The bad was my FD was a pain!! We also got a new FD on Thursday and I thought she was doing well. Went into my sewing room this afternoon and knew immediately that something was not right!
The smell alone just about knocked me for a loop and things were moved around.
Anyway, the new FD threw up in my sewing room last night and never said anything! I found it at 3 PM and boy was I steaming! She threw up on my computer desk, printer, the wall, car parts and the carpet. On top of that, I noticed that the new can of can air I had on my computer desk and the one by my sewing machine were missing, but I found the straw next to the puke. She says she was not huffing, but I think she was. Anyway, I called who I had to call to report it and locked my room and all aerolsol cans up.

Hy...So glad you got rid of the quack!

Freda...WhooHoo and way to go on reaching 115. I can only dream of that number right now, but know one day I will get there. Don't get me wrong, I love that I lost 1.8 lbs at WW, but their scales are about 5 lbs heavier than mine at home, so I go by mine for the ticker.

Donna...Hope you had a good time at the party and you could hear us gals whispering in your ears not to eat that! LOL

Linda...Glad Alberto has headed out to sea. Hope your roof wasn't damaged too bad.

Well gals, I have a very busy week ahead of me with the FD's having appointments. I know that I will be out walking or mowing my stress away. No goodies in the house except watermelon, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms.
Sounds real yummy doesn't? NOT!!! Have a good one and I talk to ya later.
Love to you all,

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

GOOD MORNING ALL YOU CHICKIES.

First of all I want to thank all of you for whispering in my ear on Saturday. A couple of times I heard someone yelling . THANK YOU!! I allowed myself one alcoholic beverage.The lunch was beautiful, I had a pulled pork sandwich, lots of fresh veggies, a few mixed nuts and a very small piece of the cake. It was tough but you gals kept me honest.

FREDA: WOW, you made it!!! That's fantastic, and you weren't even really trying to lose those last couple of pounds. Way to go. Thanks for the encouragement for Saturday.

LINDA: Thanks for telling me that the Fairy Fat Mother is on her way. I think I'm ready for her to swing that magic wand.

CHERYL: Sorry you had such a bad experience with the new FD. I'm just
so amazed at people like you that have the strength to take these kids in
and try to help them and then they do things like that. Good Luck with her,
she needs someone like you to help her.Wish I had what it takes, but I just don't have a lot of patients with kids; period.That's too bad that she had to pick your sewing room to do it in,but guess she got what she wanted; your
attention!! Don't blame you for being steamed.

We had 2" of rain over the weekend, now it is to get to 90 today,nice and steamy. Think I will run my errands for the office before it gets too warm.So
will sign off and wish all of you a great day. DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #157  

Doing my yoga every morning and woohoo - sticking with it and not letting anything else take priority until that's accomplished first thing after I wake up

I swam quite a bit this weekend so little by little getting back to my original fitness levels BEFORE the thyroid debacle began earlier this year.

Hy
Old 06-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #158  

Cheryl I'm so sorry to read about the problems you are experiencing with your FD. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this girl can turn her life around.

Hy
Old 06-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna72664
First of all I want to thank all of you for whispering in my ear on Saturday. A couple of times I heard someone yelling . THANK YOU!! I allowed myself one alcoholic beverage.The lunch was beautiful, I had a pulled pork sandwich, lots of fresh veggies, a few mixed nuts and a very small piece of the cake. It was tough but you gals kept me honest.

Congratulations Donna!!! A great message to read first thing this Monday morning. This will help me start off *my* week with a positive attitude - thank you!

Hy
Old 06-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #160  
Onward and Downward

Hi Gang . . . Another gorgeous day . . . lovely breeze to help keep the heat and humidity at bay . . . but you know it's going to get worse . . . the dehumidifier turned itself on for the first time this year. Must get out and get some errands done before it gets hotter. Radio just told me it's 28C (82F) already.

Cheryl . . . glad you had a good time at the car show and sorry you had problems on the home front. I don't know how you do it, girl. Thank God there are people with your kind of heartand patience in this troubled world.

Donna . . . good to hear you did so well. No place to go but down, and that's a good thing.

Hy . . . congratulations for getting the exercise in so early. Bet you feel great to know you've done it.

Have a great day, everybody . . . keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction. See you all soon.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #161  

Hi Girls! Things seem to be calming down here, I'm not so stressed, but I do have a very busy week. I'm getting to the point I can't wait for school to start!
Doing good with my eating and I did get some walking in today.

Donna...Glad to hear you could hear our voices in your ear. You did great Lady!!

Hy...Way to go on getting your exercising in. We have to find time to put ourselves first. Not always easy when we have families.

Linda...It's not easy being a foster parent and we would like to quit. Have been doing it for almost 6 1/2 years. Don't know if I have it in me to do another 4 years. Teenage girls are alot harder than boys.

WW tomorrow, so will let you know how I do.

Cheryl
Old 06-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #162  
Onward and Downward

Morning all . . . weather doesn't know what it wants to be today . . . sunny or cloudy. . . it is sure about warm and humid.

The fairy-fat-mother made a visit and took away .6 of a pound. Guess she'd already picked up a heavy load elsewhere in her travels and just didn't have room for any more of mine. That's OK, anything that keeps things going in the great downward direction makes me happy, happy, happy.

Glad things are calming down for you, Cheryl And I really hope the F-F-M has room for lots of your pounds to take away with her this morning. Hang in there, and keep on doing all the good stuff.

Well time to get about my business. Have a good day. Keep moving and shaking, everybody . . . see you all later.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:41 PM   #163  

Evening All... Beautiful, but very windy here today. Hard to believe it is the first day of summer and we start loosing a couple of minutes of daylight each day.
The fairy fat mother did not make it to my house, I'm up .3 lbs. But, I look on the bright side of things, it could of been 10lbs if I had buckled under the stress and ate every thing in sight.

Linda...So happy that fairy fat mother had room and took away .6lbs for you. Every little bit helps.

Leaving you with some thoughts we should be saying to ourselves each day.

Empowering Beliefs:
I am a winner
There is nothing I can't handle
Be free of guilt today
My possibilites are endless
My family will benefit from my healthy choices

Possitive Self-Talk:
I am the best friend I have
I am a capable human being
I love myself for who I am
I deserve to be fit
I am able to handle any problems I face
I WILL REACH MY GOAL

Affirmations
I have accomplished harder choices than this before
I have the ability to reach my own goals
I am responisible for my own feelings
Belief in myself is a step towards personal growth

Cheryl
Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #164  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody . . . wherever you are hiding . . . come on out and play, please.

Cheryl . . . so sorry the FFM missed your house, but, under the circumstances, i think you can count that little, tiny, burp as an NSV. I'm sure things will be very different next week and you'll be marching along the downward road again. Just keep up the positive thinking.

See you soon, kiddies.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #165  

Cheryl you are AWESOME`for standing up for yourself and not using food to make yourself feel better under very difficult circumstances. This really tests your mettle, to be able to stay on track when things are so stressful. I'm really proud of you!!! I hope things will be resolved in your family situation and you can feel great again here REAL soon!

Loved the affrimations and quotes and thanks for sharing.

Meowee WooHoo on the loss at the scales - hey, what's that saying, Rome wasn't built in a day? You are taking the HEALTHY route to good health and weight loss. I'm proud of you too! All those little weight loss numbers when added together DO count!

I'm hoping I can FINALLY change my ticker or whatever you call those little things to a new number next Monday. I'm doing the yoga faithfully every morning as soon as I get up - well M-F that is. And I've been swimming. Still haven't got the WATP routine figured out. That will come tho

My GP appointment went really well. And I have all those "fun" tests scheduled now for this and next week -PAP, bone density and mammo. I hate the mammo's as they have always hurt, I mean REALLY hurt. I called around and found that where I'm going has something called a MammoPad that helps cushion the ribs a bit better (the exact place where it hurts me) and just makes the experience a bit more comfortable...

...and that's all I ask, that they TRY...I've had more experiences where the tech's really weren't good and obviously did not care what I was feeling. I know there is a certain amount of compression that is usually needed, but as I said my biggest pain was from the metal plate jabbing into my sensitive ribs - one time I actually had my knees buckle.

Well it's this a pleasant post!! Sorry! I guess what I'm trying to say is that I deliberately looked for a facility that would put my well-being and comfort FIRST (for a change! Man, these places treat their patients like lab rats anymore) Hopefully now that my biopsies came back OK and the other doctors feel I should have NEVER had them in the first place, well I feel like I can join the living again and start "catching up" on things I've let go for quite awhile.

Hope it's a great day for all

Hot here as is usual for a desert!

Hy