Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

I have HAD it !!!!! Now that darn scale added 2 lbs. Could it be that my not exercising for almost a week had anything to do with it ?? I refuse to change my tracker, I will get back to that weight.

I've kicked the exercise into high gear this week so maybe next week I can have a loss.

Meowee: Sorry you are in a funk. Sometimes the weather seems to do that to us. You will get up and going real soon, at least you're not eating all that junk food, good for you, I always want comfort foods when I get down. Hugs to you to get back on track.

Slim: Take it easy till you get those shin splints better, don't want to make them worse.

Have to get going, time to walk on the treadmill for awhile then I want to get in some pilates.

Keep up the good work gang,talk to you later. DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #17  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Hi everyone~

Just checking in to confess that I've been really bad today.

We had dinner at an Italian restaurant and I was out of control. Vegetarian pasta dish in creamy sauce, vegetarian pizza, wine, Italian ice cream with chocolate sauce in huge portions! Why do Italians always serve big portions?
I wish all the restaurants were French~ they don't pile your plate with food. At least it's all veggies-right? wrong ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee
but too much of a good thing is still too much.
There you go. I've confessed. But why do I still feel guilty?

Good night everyone.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #18  

Hi everyone,

I've not checked in for a week or so. I'm glad you're all still here!

I had to do a little reading to catch up. Looks like we're all still determined to win this battle of the bulge, even though we may lose a little skirmish now and then.

I didn't go to WW this morning because I had something else I had to do today; so naturally knowing I wasn't going this morning, I went and ate too much last night! Lost that skirmish!!

Sometimes I'm so predictable. But I'm still going to keep on keeping on. I know I can do this, and so can we all! Right?!
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #19  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning, chichadees . . . the sun is still hiding but I'm feeling quite a bit brighter. Yesterday finished up pretty good, plan-wise, although the exercise consisted of only a little mall-crawling. I didn't sleep well last night and I am a little tired this morning, but all in all, I'm definitely in better humour.

Donna . . . it's probably just some weird-water-weight. That scale- can be so frustrating. Sometimes it's as simple as the way you are standing. With mine just an inch off centre can make a pound or so of difference. Keep doing the good stuff and you will be fine.

Elyn . . . get back in control, girl. This is another day and you know that we are in this for the long haul. Sometimes a little slip is good for us; it makes us more careful on the slippery slopes.

Gail . . . glad to see you are still with us. Also glad to see that you know a skirmish or two doesn't mean the weight-war has been lost. It isn't over until the fat-lady has stopped singing because she's not the fat lady anymore. Hang in there, girl.

Have a good day, gang. Keep fighting the good fight. We can all win the Bulge-Battle together. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #20  
Onward and Downward

Hey gang . . . it's Saturday . . . where are you hiding? Hope to heaare from everybody soon.

Cheryl . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY . . . wherever you are. Have a great day.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

It's Hy just stopping in to say hello

It's been crazy here with me and my cold/allergies/whatever the heck that all was and then one of my dogs having terrible back pain. Still not sure what caused that but hauling him around through the house in a kennel (crate rest) was NO fun for me. But I did it anyway - lol!

Anyway, we both are 100% better now

Also I had some major wierd deals happening with a couple message boards I own - the problem was with the site host service, not the members.

Foodwise I'm still on the Atkins diet but did try some of that brand's b'fast bars this week as I was rushed and having a hard time getting breakfast- I think I just have to forgo that stuff tho. I seem to be OK with NO sugar or NO sugar-substitutes of ANY kind...trust me, I've tried them all too. For my particular metabolism, they just seem to cause a stall. (BTW, I'm not boohooing about this, just telling it like it is )

I'm going to try a "pizza" recipe tonight from a low-carb forum...no crust and for me, instead of the tiny amount of tomato sauce the recipe call for, I'm gonna try just diced fresh tomatoes instead. I'll let you all know how it turns out and if it's worth the effort!

Have a good weekend all :-)

Hy

Last edited by hyacinth merry; 05-06-2006 at 02:50 PM.
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee
Cheryl . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY . . . wherever you are. Have a great day.

Oh Cheryl, a Very Happy Birthday to you also!!

You are for the day :-) Enjoy!

Hy
Old 05-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #23  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Have a great day Cheryl~

Meowee~It is nice to hear that you're in a better mood.
I'm back on track.

Hy~I'm glad that you and your furry friend are doing good again.

Our thread have really slowed down. Where is everybody?

Good night everyone.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #24  

Hello Ladies,

Thought I'd better check in with you all. Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes. My hubby took me out for lunch at a Mexican place before he had to go to work. I had a small chicken tamale, small shredded beef burrito and a shredded chicken taco. Also a small serving of beans and rice. No chips or salsa. I stayed within my points. Also got some walking in today and went to the movies with my friend. Went and saw Mission Impossible 3, it was very good.

Got the last sawtooth boarder on my quilt this morning, now I'm ready to start sewing on the kids.

Hope you all have a great weekend and the weather is nice where you are at.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #25  

Good Evening,

It has not been a good day. I burnt the roof of my mouth at lunch with a piece of carrot and it hurts like Already loss some skin the size of a half dollar. Can't believe some of the stupid things I do at times.

We had beautiful weather today, almost 80, but now we are under a sever thunderstorm watch. Just so no tornado's decide to pay me a visit, I'll be just fine.

Cleaned house after church so I can spend tomorrow and sew. Nothing wrong with me!

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #26  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . is it ever quiet around here this weekend. I was wondering exactly the same thing, Elyn.

Glad everybody is well again at your house, Hy. Having a sick pet is just as bad as having a sick child. Maybe even more so because they can't explain where it hurts.

Glad you did well at your birthday lunch, Cheryl. I know how you feel, I either burn my mouth or bite my cheek with regularity. Look on the bright side, you won't be craving food for a few days.

It was nice and sunny, but fairly cool in Atlantic Canada today. I got a fair bit done on my quilted clothing projects. Good thing since tomorrow will probably be all tied up with the infamous work-project again.

Keep moving and shaking, gang. See you all tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Cheryl: I'm sorry I missed your birthday.Sounds like you had a good day
sure sorry about burning your mouth. Why do we do those things?
I have to brag about my weekend I didn't eat nearly enough and got
lots of exercise. Hubby and I went wild turkey hunting. Lots of walking up
and down hills. I actually got to shoot my own turkey this year. Talk about
being some place that is totally relaxing. Out in the canyons among all the
cedar trees and all you can hear are the wild birds and a plane fly over once in awhile. Had a hen duck fly into a pond we were near and watched her for nearly a half hour just splashing and diving. Well maybe we are a
little crazy, but God sure created a beautiful world that many don't ever see or get to enjoy.
I told you last week that I put my exercises on a calendar,different ones for each day. I'm happy to report I did all of them each day.Will try that little
trick again this week.
MON: Walk 2 miles
TUE: 15 minutes of stability ball---15 minutes weights
WED: 15 minutes treadmill---15 minutes Nu-step
THUR: 30 minutes pilates
FRI: Walk 2 miles
WEEKEND: As much movement as possible !!!

Thanks gals for all of your support, I truly need it and appreciate it.
Hope all of you can get outside this week and enjoy the great outdoors

DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #28  

I read something this weekend that really struck a chord with me:

"When you were willing to say what you really wanted, something just might help you along" - from "The Year of Pleasures" by Elizabeth Berg

The important phrase for me being "really wanted" - not just some general thing, but making myself examine specifically what I'm looking for...hmmm.

Gonna try it!

Hope it's a good week for all :-)

Hy
Old 05-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Sorry I missed you yesterday, gang, but I see it has been quiet in here anyway. I had a very busy Monday and today has been even busier although in some ways more pleasant.

Started out really rotten. the bad old scale- decided I had gained more than 4 pounds this week. I was a little overly indulgent with the salt last night but I din't think it was worthy of 4 pounds. Anyway, I know it's not real, but it's depressing none the less. And I refuse to move my ticker to the left. so there!

Spent most of the day in a another town about 50 miles away. First a periodontist appointment (never fun), followed by lunch and shopping with a friend (definitely more enjoyable). However, I made a very bad lunch choice (fish and chips) but then I only ate half of the order (my system just can't handle the grease anymore since I've been feeding it better).

Good for you with the exercise routine, Donna. It's sure to bring great rewards.

Definitely good 'food for thought' there, Hy. That;s the best kind of food (and the least fattening, too).

Looks like tomorrw will be a busy work-project day since I kind of got behind today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to drop in here, though. Keep on moving and shaking in the right direction, gang. See you soon.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #30  

Well this is actually kind of exciting as I took the quote from the book to heart and have been praying for MYSELF!!!!

This is not something I normally do and it admittedly feels a little odd - lol!!

But guess what, the past couple days have seemed to go more smoothly - I feel a little more at peace with my Atkins program and the thyroid deal and what the scales will say next Monday when I weigh in again!!! Kind of cool, huh?

Hy