Old 06-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #106  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, It's another beautiful sunny day here in Michigan. Not quite as hot as the weekend, but a little too warm for my taste. I love balmy days in the 70, low 80's. I hope it cools off tonight before my grandsons ball game. I hate sitting out in the heat! complain, complain....

Cheryl, Oh no, your poor quilt! But you will fix it and no one will be the wiser and it will have an added touch! I need to get an appointment to get my little doggie's teeth cleaned too. I had his blood work done when I took him in for his annual and it lasts 6 months. Got to get him in before it runs out. Time does fly and I don't want to have to pay for the blood work again!

Meow, Congrats on the weight loss! Everything counts! Tha is that much less you have to carry around and that is gone forever!

Take care everyone, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #107  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Cheryl . . . Oh my, I love most forms of embroidery but for some reason I absolutely hate doing french knots. . . that little tidbit makes your quilt even more impressive to me.

Freda . . . Our weather has been fairly cool but overcast. Hope you get a nice evening for the game. Have fun.

My day has been all upside down. Took the car in for some normal maintenance stuff and was there over four hours. Was so hungry and so funked out by the time I got home I ended up having a nap and now I'm even further behind.

See you tomorrow, gang. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:50 PM   #108  

Freda...Hope it cooled off a little for you before the baseball game. I know what you mean, I HATE the heat and don't do well in it. We were 88 today, way too hot for me. Only going to be 70 for a low tonight. I prefer about 50.

Linda...I was gone all day today, it really puts a wrench in my day, when I can't eat at a regular time, then I'm starving when I do get to eat and don't take my time. I eat like it's my last meal I will ever have. I did stay within my points and have points left for a snack, but I won't need it. Got my hair cut and permed this morning. Now to wait a couple of weeks and color it again.

Hy...Took Ozzy to the Vet this afternoon and he has an infection in his mouth. I feel terrible!! I'm not a very good Mommy to him. He is on antibotics and will go in Monday to have his teeth cleaned/pulled.

Off to the big city to do shopping tomorrow, check back with you chickies later on tomorrow.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

GOOD MORNING! Gosh I have missed you gals. I have tried to get caught up on what you have been up to. Sounds like everyone is going to the vet.
Sorry your babies need to go it is harder on us I think. I have an 8 year old puppy,she weighs about 10 lbs.,she is schnauzer and chihauha(spelling) cross.Spoiled rotten!!Got her when she was 10 weeks old.

I'm not going to address you individually as it would take me all morning.

It is going to be in the upper 80's again today and a promise of mid-90's this weekend.The old air conditioner will hum today.

Got our clinic moved over the long Holiday.Now to get all of the bugs worked out.Can't get our fax to receive from our other clinics in other towns. Great !!

I did terrible over the weekend with my eating and drinking.It was HOT and had a few too many brews.DD and family were here and we had a wonderful time but seemed like all we did was EAT. The stress of having company and
moving are over now so hopefully I will get back on track. Looking for a lot of support from my friends here. Will accept all of these I can get,
cause believe me I deserve everyone of them!!!

Look forward to visiting with all of you again and get caught up on what's going on with all of you. Have a great weekend.
DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #110  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . it's rather humid in Nova Scotia this morning . . . but temperature is pleasant and it's sunny. Sorry the rest of you are having it so hot. I know my whining time will be coming soon.

Cheryl . . . Look at it this way, poor little Ozzy has been suffering and will be so much better after the tooth problems are taken care of.

Donna . . . hey your mind-set is in the right place, girl. Now just turn it into action and you'll be back on track in no time.

Well, my day is definitely going more smoothly than yesterday . . . at least, so far. Hope it continues. Have a great day of moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction, everybody. See you again soon.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #111  

Hi Everyone!

Donna...I hear you...It's hot here as well. Got the air going and it feels wonderful. Went to the big city to do my shopping today, and I couldn't wait to get home and take my shoes off and put on something that was cooler to wear. We are suppose to be warmer tomorrow as well.

Linda...Your turn will come for the hot weather,of course I'm always happy to see October arrive and cooler temps.

Bought a new mower today, so you know what my exercise will be tomorrow. Going to be out early and get started before the heat of the day arrives. Tonight I pulled my rhubarb, so plan on making a rhubarb peach crisp...Low fat of course for dinner tomorrow night.
Stepped on the scales this morning and the fat fairy paid me a visit, I'm down a pound. NSV for me are my new walking shoes. I use to wear 6 1/2 EEEE, now I'm in 6 WW. Boy did they feel great! Last night I made a really good stir fry, thought I'd share the recipe with you gals.

Polynesian Pineapple Chicken
Serves 4

1/2 cup Ketchup
3 TB reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 TB sugar
2 TB rice vinegar
1 TB cornstarch
3 tsp canola oil
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2 in cubes
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 TB minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 (8oz) can water chestnuts, drained
1(8oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained

Whisk together ketchup soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside.

Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.

Heat remaining 1 tsp of oil in the skillet. Add the carrots and ginger; cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in the snow peas, almonds, water chestnuts, pineapple and the chicken. Cook stirring frequently, until the snow peas are crisp tender, 3-4 minutes. Add ketchup mixture; bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thicken, about 1 minute.

Per serving (about 1 3/4 cup): 363 cal, 10 g fat, 6 g fiber. Points: 7

This is sooooo good. Had it for dinner last night and tonight.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
Hy...Took Ozzy to the Vet this afternoon and he has an infection in his mouth. I feel terrible!! I'm not a very good Mommy to him. He is on antibotics and will go in Monday to have his teeth cleaned/pulled.

Cheryl, you did NOT drop the ball with Ozzy - this stuff happens (SO easily) and I know he is VERY well taken care of!!! I'm just glad that they figured out he had an infection and needed the antibiotics in his system * before * he had the dental...

Sending lots of good thoughts on Monday for Ozzy's procedure

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #113  

I'm LOLing about the weather reports here

I live in PHX and yesterday was like 108 F and it's predicted to be even hotter this weekend...Oh Goody!!

But what can you expect if you live in the desert?

I've been watering all my plants, trying to help those that can make it. Maybe a little boost to get through the transition from hot to VERY HOT weather?! We got some discouraging medical news about my DH so just a lot of stuff going on...

I did make my low-carb flax muffins and those have really come in handy when I haven't had time to make an omlet. I guess the scales will let me know if this is gonna be an option or not!

Was a little down in the latter part of this week, but feel better today. I just know it's important not to give up but also OK to honor your feelings too. Sometime life really DOES suck, but you must make yourself search for the good stuff... OK Reverend Hy - step away from the from the pulpit with your hands up - lol!!

Hope it's a good weekend for all the Chickies here - Meowee I forgot to mention that I love your picture - is that you? Cutie!!!

Hy
Old 06-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #114  
Onward and Downward

Hi Everybody . . . been having a terrible computer day . . . my internet connection has been going up and down like the proverbial toilet seat . . . the weather is crappy, too . . . rainy and windy and fairly cold.

Cheryl . . . congratulations on the loss and on the much narrower shoes. Wow, you've got tiny feet . . . I wear an 8,1/2; always figured I'd be a lot taller if so much of me wasn't folded under. As always, the recipe sounds great.

Hy . . . but your weather is dry, right? Don't know which I'd rather have . . . unbearably hot and hideously humid or just hideously, unbearably hot. Boy what a choice. Yep, that's me. Thanks for the sweet comment.

Well I'd better get off to the next cyber place while I've still got a functioning computer. Have a great evening. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction. See you soon (I hope).
Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #115  

Hy...Thank you for your very kind word about Ozzy. He is pretty chipper today, so I know he is feeling better. I would much rather have your 108 dry heat than the 90 with humidity. We use to live in 29 Palms, California and the dry heat was never a problem for me, but this humidity I just can't take. Hope things go well for your hubby.

Linda...I would give anything to wear a size 7 shoe. I have a real hard time finding shoes to fit my short, fat foot, and I refuse to cram them into shoes that don't fit right. I hope by the time I get to my goal weight, that I'm back into a
6W. Sorry you are having crappy weather today, send it my way. Could use a cool off.

Went out and push mowed for 1 1/2 hours today. That was my exercise, and I was sweating buckets. Got my house cleaned also and made a Strawberry Pie for dessert tonight. The pie was low fat/sugar and very good. It was made with surgar free strawberry jello and only had 2TB of sugar in it. I will make it next time with Splenda and see how it turns out. Leaving early in the morning for Devils Lake,ND for a car show. We were hoping to have our car done, but it won't happen this year. Next year, show be the year.
Have a good evening and I'll try to check in tomrrow.

Cheryl
Old 06-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #116  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . wherever you are . . .

Hope you had a great time at the car show, Cheryl. See you when you get back.

Keep on moving and shaking everybody and hopefully we'll see you tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:11 AM   #117  

Default Monday weigh-in

I had lost another 1/2 lb this morning when I weighed myself. That was encouraging as last week I decided to move on from my Atkins Induction phase to the next step. (Hadn't lost anything for like a month even tho I was adhering to it strictly) Soooo, added a daily portion of berries AND low-carb, homemade flaxseed muffins.

I started Atkins with the Induction Phase of that program on Feb 01 of this year. I got going real well, then had an ultrasound that showed something was up with my thyroid. In order to do all the various diagnostic tests, I've had to be off my thyroid meds for almost FOUR months now. That's been rough - my energy level is "slug" as a result. LOL! Well, actually not all that funny, but you can't let it get you down...

Hopefully once my tests are done (again) this coming Thurs. I can get back on my meds and start feeling some energy again too. Anyway, the half pound loss was something I needed to kind of give me an emotional boost!

Have a good week all

Hy
Old 06-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good Monday morning, it is raining here,thunder and lightening,it's a
beautiful day!!!! We are so dry here you can hear the ants running through the grass

Had another fun family food weekend.BUT I really watched what I ate. Had
Chinese on Saturday at lunch. Settled for beef and snow peas. Supper was
a ham sandwich and watermelon. Sunday we did a big breakfast and at noon we were at DH's fathers 85th birthday party. Fried chicken and lots of salads. Had a small piece of chicken then loaded up on salad. FIL is diabetic so everything was pretty safe to eat. Of course I had a piece of cake, I'm not that stupid !LOL.

Cheryl: Hugs for Ozzy today and for you,know it is hard,but he is loved.
Congrats on your shoe size,we will take a size change wherever
we can get it. Think I'm coming to your house, always making
something good to eat. Thanks for the recipe, it sounds wonderful
You are right about the humidity, you can't ever get dry when it is
humid

HY: Sorry to hear DH got some bad medical news. Hope all goes well. It is
ok to preach, it is good for the soul.

Linda: Did you get your computer to working right? nothing more maddening
than when they get minds of their own. Looks like the camera is working

Hope all are having a good day. Keep up the good work!!!

DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #119  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, chickadees . . .

Another cool and rainy day for Nova Scotia. Weather forecast says we will see a little sun later this afternoon, which would be a nice change. Nothing too exciting going on in my life, I'm chugging along in cross-stitch mode right now.

Hy . . . congratulations on the loss, girl. It's truly amazing how uplifting it can be after a little stall. Good luck with finally getting the tests over with.

Donna . . . good for you. Making those wise choices will pay off in the long run, kiddo.

Have a good day of moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction. See you really soon.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #120  

Hy...Congrats on the 1/2 pound loss. I kow you have waited a long time to see the scales move. Hope your test come back OK, so you can start back on your thyroid meds.

Donna...Sounds like you made some good choices over the weekend. I was doing great till we went out of town yesrterday and today. It's back on program tomorrow and up early to mow the lawn.

Linda...Hope you got your computer working OK. Did the sun pay you a visit this afternoon? We had a very good time at the car show. Lots of beautiful car, and the weather was great. Can't wait for our car to be done.

Well gals, Ozzy had his day at the dentist and he is home recuperating. My poor baby had 8 teeth pulled. He had his bottom 4 front teeth pulled, 3 front top teeth and a molar. He came home with antibotics and pain medication for a week. Getting lots of TLC from me, but he gets that anyway.

It's been a long couple of days and it's back to my regular routine tomorrow, so I'll see you then.

Cheryl