Old 05-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

I had seen somewhere on one of the groups a mention of a series by Leslie Sansone called "Walk Away the Pounds" so I reserved a copy at my local library. (I'd never heard of her before)

I just got a chance to sit down and actually WATCH it yesterday, the first session, and I think I'm gonna try!! The first session is titled "Get Up and Get Started" timed at 18 mins and during the session, you do a mile.

I'm sure someone here has probably already tried this system and all - just mentioning tho. I really like DVD/tapes that are realistic when it comes to time committments. Yes, I could be all wonderful and spend two hours a day working out, but I don't, so sue me!! Just kidding!

Maybe I can't/won't commit to 2 hours, but I can certainly commit to 18 minutes

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Hy: I have her tape "Walk Away the Pounds" 2 mile walk. I love it. It is so easy to do at home and it really isn't that hard. I found that I lost pretty good with it,but then my vcr went on the fritz and haven't gotten a different one. You will enjoy her. Good luck.
DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #33  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I've got a couple of WATP tapes . . . Leslie is a delight and I totally agree with you Hy and Donna . . . it's nice to be able to watch something that does seem made with 'real' people in mind.

My day is ticking along. Busy, busy again . . . but it does keep me off the streets . . . unfortunately it also keeps me from doing a lot of fun stuff. Doing great on the food and water parts, but about the only things getting much exercise are my fingers and brain.

Have a great moving and shaking evening, gang. See you tomorrow.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #34  

I did the Walk Away the pounds - 1 mile walk - late this morning and what a great program - heck, like I said, I can fit 18 mins into my schedule!!

The library copy is being requested by someone else so I can't keep for long, but I think I may just go ahead an buy my own copy. I really liked what I did today.

This is just me, but I am not interested in standing in front of the TV for an hour doing ANY exercise. A half-hour is managable and do-able. I have a yoga CD that is like 20 mins and that too is one I do all the time. If the shorter sessions make it realistic for me to committ to then so be it!

Has anyone used the weight balls or whatever she calls them (hopefully not "blue balls" ) The lightest home weights I have are 3 lbs, just wondering if those would be comparable.

Hy
Old 05-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #35  

Hi Gang,

I've been down in the dumps the last couple of days, feel like having a good cry would make me feel tons better. Very discouraged with the scales. I weighed myself with clothes yesterday and I was 338.4. Left for WW and I weighed 342.3 I've decided for my own peace of mind to go by what my scales says and forget WW. I have also decided to attend WW for 2 more months and then I'm going to quit and get my support here and put the $11.00 weekly aside for something special I want/or need.

Hy...I work out sometimes to Leslie's WATP for older adults. In it, she uses glove hand weights. I'm thinking of picking up a pair this weekend while in Fargo. I have 2lb hand weight, but I think the gloves would be eaiser to use.

Donna...I live in rural North dakota and love all the wildlife around us. I love March when the geese and ducks start returning and spend the night in the field behind us or any puddle big enough to swim in. May is when the Pelicans return to Meadow Lake, which is only 2 miles from us, plus the other water fowl that call this area home. A month ago, I saw my first pair of bald eagels in our area. After being on the endanger species list, they are starting to come back. Now we are getting woke up at 4:30 am by the meadowlarks, morning doves, chickadees, golden finches, robins and wrens that sing so beautifully.

Linda...Hope that scales is starting to be nice to you!

Hope you all have a good day.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #36  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . Another busy one . . . but I think it will slow down for a couple of weeks now, maybe, I hope. Weather is a little overcase but pretty good over all.

Hy . . . in one of the WATP tapes I've got she uses glove-weights. I've used my little 2 lb hand weights. I imagine the gloves would be easier since you wouldn't have to think about them very much. But, hey, whatever works for you would probably be fine.

Cheryl . . . sorry you are down in the dumps. (so glad that never happens to me, oh ya.). I think that's a great idea to save your meeting fees for a special treat for yourself.

See you soon, gang . . . Keep it moving and shaking until then.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
I've been down in the dumps the last couple of days, feel like having a good cry would make me feel tons better. Very discouraged with the scales. I weighed myself with clothes yesterday and I was 338.4. Left for WW and I weighed 342.3 I've decided for my own peace of mind to go by what my scales says and forget WW. I have also decided to attend WW for 2 more months and then I'm going to quit and get my support here and put the $11.00 weekly aside for something special I want/or need.

Cheryl

Cheryl, doesn't this simply suck when this happens?? I hear you girl!!

Here's a sympathy hug:

It's disappointing yes, but I like that you have taken it as a sign that perhaps you need to reassess your program with WW. I just believe that kind of thinking is a healthy and a positive thing. And hopefully you know I'm in NO WAY trashing WW's. It's just that every single person is different and a wonderful program that works for many...well, it just might not be the right one for you. That's something only you can determine.

Thanks for the info on the hand weights I was asking about re the WOTP DVD :-) Right now I'm doing NO weights just to get familiar with the routine.

Hy
Old 05-12-2006, 11:05 AM   #38  

Hi everyone!

I love this thread and I'm sorry I've been so neglectful lately in checking in. You all are so friendly and supportive; wouldn't it be great if we could just get together for a lunch date?

I've been on a plateau for the last couple of weeks; but finally yesterday, I lost 2 pounds!! I hadn't moved my weight tracker down for a while so I got to move it 4 pounds lower. And best of all, at a family reunion Sunday, someone observed that I looked like I was losing weight. That is a motivator, because although I am getting back into some of my smaller size clothes, I don't look any skinner to myself.

I am envious of those of you who have been enjoying nature! A couple of years ago, I started getting interested in bird watching and I would love to see all those you were mentioning, Cheryl. I don't actually go on bird watching jaunts, just have a bunch of bird feeders in my back yard, and I drive a little slower now sometimes, and even take the country route, just to be on the look out for birds. I have seen birds I never noticed before; especially the little red and brown house finches, which are really common, but I had never remembered seeing.

Cheryl, I've noticed that we seem to have a lot in common. I have been a foster parent also; but now I am fortunate that I am able to "foster parent" my own daughter who is multiply handicapped. That way she gets to stay home with me, and I get paid to take care of her.

Kudos to those of you who are keeping up consistently with the exercise; one of my many weak areas.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are!
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . I've been having something of a funny day. Haven't done much of anything but it's been exhausting just the same. Our weather is gorgeous . . . mid 60's and nice and sunny . . . wish it could stay just this way all the time.

Congratultions on the SV and the NSV, Gail. A good weigh-in and a nice compliment help so much to keep us heading in the right direction. I think it absolutely wonderful that you are able to be a foster-parent for your own child. Stories like yours renew my faith that 'the system' actually can work.

Hope you are still having fun with Leslie, Hy.

See you later, gang. Keep moving and shaking.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #40  

Hi gals, just had a few minutes.I'm at my daughter's and she is busy
making,of all things, a cherry cheesecake for dessert tonight.Guess we are having a cookout so we can meet the boyfriends parents. Had her son's pre-school graduation last night.BIG WEEKEND!!!

Meowee
thanks for all the hugs and support,the water weight or whatever it was has finally gone bye-bye. My tracker is right now.
Hope that I don't blow all of it this weekend. So far I have done really good.
Will let you know Monday.

The weather here in northeastern Colorado is beautiful today. I went out early this morning and cut a big bouquet of lilacs for the table.DD has a huge windbreak of them.The smell is almost overwhelming.

Hope all of you are enjoying your Mother's Day weekend. DONNA
Old 05-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #41  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . beautiful day again. However, I'm not doing as well. Sort of had a piggish lunch that lasted until supper time. If I can just keep slugging in the water, I should be OK for the day. Right now I'm so full of it, I gurgle when I move.

Oh, Donna, I just love the scent of lilacs. Can hardly wait until our pop out. Should be soon.

Have a great weekend. See you all really soon.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #42  

Happy Mother's Day Ladies,

Gail...Don't it make you feel good when people notice you are lossing weight. Just gives you that extra boost to stay on program. Congrats on the loss as well.

Donna...Hope you are having a great day. How was your Cherry cheesecake? I made a Rhubarb Cheesecake a couple of days ago, low fat though. It was yummy!!

Linda...Glad to hear you are having nicer weather. It was cool and rainy here yesterday, but suppose to be 70 today. It's really going to have to work hard to get there!

I'm out of my funk and had a pretty good day yesterday. Went to Fargo for my sewing class and also did some shopping and out to lunch with my hubby. I did pretty good at the buffet place. Had a salad, chicken breast, small serving of mashed potatoes/gravy, small cup of chicken nooldle soup and two small BBQ ribs. Since I had lunch at 2PM, I didn't eat dinner and wasn't hungry so skipped that meal. My hubby and I went to the movies lastnight and no snacks for me!! Have a great day!

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:22 PM   #43  
Onward and Downward

And a very good Mother's Day afternoon to everybody . . . another nice sunny and relatively cool day for us. Hope they continue this way for a long time to come.

Glad to hear you've pulled out of your funk, Cheryl. And glad to hear you had success at the buffet restaurant. They can be so hard . . . all those great sights and smells.

Nothing too exciting going on around here. Miss my kids on Mother's Day. They are so far away . . and no amount of telephone visiting quite gives you the same feeling as a real get together. Oh well.

Have a great evening, gang. See you soon. In the meantime, just keep doing all the good stuff and the rewards will come along in due course.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:50 PM   #44  

Hi everyone, just a quick check in to say Happy Mothers Day to all. I am off to spend the evening with my daughter and son-in-law.
Hope all are doing well with their weight loss journey. It's a difficult one to make but with the support offered here it makes it more enjoyable I think.

Huggs to all.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #45  

Oh boy, it is Monday morning again. Why do the weekends go by so

fast? It was a great one though.

Meowee The lilacs got so overwhelming, we had to move them out to

the entry porch!! On our way home yesterday we stopped by a Lilac Farm.

What a beautiful sight,lilacs of every color,have no idea how many bushes.

I'm sorry your kids are too far from you to see you on Mother's Day. It

is hard to just visit with them on the phone. My eldest called in the morning.

How many kids do you have and where do they live?

Cheryl The cherry cheesecake was yummy and so was the

rhubarb cobbler and the spaghetti salad and the yea it was wonderful

Carla Hope you enjoyed your evening with dd and sil.

Gotta run (should do that) time to get to work. Have a great day!!!

DONNA