Old 05-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #181  
weightgonnago

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Ok well I hit post before I proofed that and there is a zillion typos...sorry. lol
princessmtkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:26 AM   #182  
I restore Teeth.

may I join you gals? it looks fun here
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:29 AM   #183  
weightgonnago

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Hi Veggielover...ok course you can join us. Welcome. Red can explain the rules better but go back and read the first pages to see how we do the challenge...pick your challenge and post away with us. Welcome....
princessmtkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #184  
I restore Teeth.

Okee dokee- I guess I'll start mine at level 1 (no rush to compete with you guys!) I'm going to 1) not have any cookies (because NOT having any is easier than having just one!) and 2) have at least 50% of my daily recommended grams of fiber !! Hopefully this works out okay- I mean this isnt terribly hard but cookies are VERY tempting and I often forget about my fiber...
Old 05-08-2006, 02:45 AM   #185  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi veggie! You're very welcome to join! Actually, Level 1 is the hardest as that means you're only giving yourself one pause day. I think you want to start at Level 3.

princess -- good to see you! I'll read your post later as I'm at work now. But, you know you can hit the edit button and go back in and change things to your post. Later!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:15 AM   #186  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi all--I hope you all are doing great!!!!!

Red--Iīm in Bonn--I donīt think I would survive Bayern! Bonn is bad enough! I can hardly wait to move back home! Yeah, I know my husband needs to want it for himself, but sometimes I get fed up listening to him complain about his weight...he complains about his gut at least thrice a day...when Iīm in a bad mood, I just want to yell at him and ask him why he doesnīt do anything about it then!!!!!!!???????????? I try to help him concentrate on health, because itīs more important to me that heīs healthy...He doesnīt need to look like a male model, but I donīt want to end up like both of my grandmothers and be a widow for over 30 years either.........

Anywho, Iīm still going strong--got to lay off the chocolate my husband got as a gift--but at least the effects of AF are almost gone. I was 138 today, so 2/3 lbs are already gone after only 2 days...I hope Iīll be back to normal tomorrow or the day after.

Iīve been trying to get out more, because the weather is beautiful lately! I want to take my daughter on more walks in some nearby fields...

Oki doki...I guess thatīs all.....for now.............

--Katherine
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #187  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Day 7 on squats done (what, I've only been doing this for a week? ). And Day 15 on both exercise and eating plan done.

I ended up taking a pause day on my eating plan yesterday. I nibbled on quite a few grapes outside my meal times, and even though it was not a treat or anything sweet, or anything that this challenge doesn't allow onto my plate for that matter, I decided that I would be cheating if I made yesterday count. It was a snack after all. So pause day it was, but I'm proud to say that the grapes were the only extra/off plan food I had, and that I didn't give myself the freedom to enjoy whatever and anything just because it was a pause day.

Today I've been craving all sorts of things all day long, and towards the evening the cravings concentrated on one specific item. I was near to giving in and stopping at the supermarket on my way to yoga, but I found a better solution: a special day is coming up later this month, I'll have that as part of the celebrations!

One thing I'll need to do is to change my menu for this week a bit, to have really light breakfasts on my running days. Right now it's the other way around, the light breakfast falls on days when I'm not running! Everything stays the same but the order changes, and hopefully that'll avert another awful stitch. I won't let another stitch destroy another great run, just as happened this morning!

Ok, I'm off... zzzz... ZZZzzzzz...
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:05 AM   #188  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool Day 13 done...

Hi everybody! Just wrapping up the day here trying to get a tape transcribed. Two more stories due now!

Sushi -- I hear you on the "what!? only a week?!?!" Well, as for your pause day, that's really strict! Wow! But, good for you for sticking to your plan! Congrats on the days notched! Stitches suck, don't they? I find that if I keep running but press my side where it hurts it often goes away after a while, either that or stop, start, stop, start helps. Someone on TV said that if you do sidebends as you're running it helps as it sends more blood to that area. Not real sidebends but bringing your arm over your head and bending to the side as you keep moving...or not.

kt -- Bonn, ok. What can't you take about Bavaria? I loved it there, though the dialect was tough in the beginning. The scenery, the food, the BREW! it was great. I hope you can take Germany a bit longer. Where are you from originally? As long as your husband is complaining about his state, then that's great. I still think the role model will be good for him. Or maybe he won't mind some structure if you set it up and force it on him.

veggie -- hi there. Just reading your post and first of all I'm wondering, what are you doing on a weight-loss site at 110 lbs, size 0-1!?!?!? Are you maintaining? Did you lose weight before? Not that you aren't welcome to join us in any case. I'm just curious. I hope you're not anorexic! I can't imagine being 110 lbs! But, heh, good luck! And, heh, what's with the $10 a week! I wish I could do that. Wow, what are you going to eat?

princess -- Glad to see you again. Don't take me wrong, by the way, about the editing thing. You don't have to fix anything if you don't want to. I was just saying there was the capability to do it on the site if you wanted. So, things are tough for you, eh? I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, for me, as well. Let's just hang in there and hope things will get better. It's not far off for you now as you have that other job lined up. In any case, I hope it all goes well.

sweet pea -- How's it going? I hope well. Like I said on IM, just make the best of what you've been dealt for now. You'll be the stronger for it! And strength means more opportunities will open for you.

tea -- How are you? And thank you for liking my colorful posts! Knuckle-cracking? Oh, gross! God, I hate that. Don't mind me. Ok, I guess. The challenges are supposed to be somewhat weight loss or healthy related but we'll allow the stretch!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #189  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon

veggie -- hi there. Just reading your post and first of all I'm wondering, what are you doing on a weight-loss site at 110 lbs, size 0-1!?!?!? Are you maintaining? Did you lose weight before? Not that you aren't welcome to join us in any case. I'm just curious. I hope you're not anorexic! I can't imagine being 110 lbs! But, heh, good luck! And, heh, what's with the $10 a week! I wish I could do that. Wow, what are you going to eat?

HAHAHAHA!!!ANOREXIC??? NO WAY!!! I have NO INTENTION OF LOSING ANY MORE WEIGHT (I lost 10 lbs from 120 "accidentally" after I first joined 3FC. I decided not to stuff myself past full til it hurts! And I LOST WEIGHT just by doing that!) because I'm perfectly happy with my size, before I lost the 10 lbs, after I lost it (really, I didn't see it too be bad, but I had BAD eating habits!)
But I still need to learn to give up depending on snacks ("cookies calling my name!") So I must learn the right way to snacking! I guess I can start at level 1 because I dont want any pause days! I need to stop eating 10 cookies in a sitting RIGHT NOW!! Hopefully this will help me lol!!!

YOU DO NOT WANT THE $10 / week budget!!! It's my budget for the summer because my rent and utilities are SOOO high, I need to decrease my spending on my food! I only have $10 to spend each week for food, so I'm going to have a LOT of oatmeal! (hey! it adds to my daily fiber!!!) I plan to have oatmeal AT LEAST for breakfast everyday because oatmeal is like $3 per bucket!!!! I hope I can get cheap veggies (veggies are never on sale where I'm at!) and have a good 2000 calorie meal. It just seems impossible though with $10 /week!!!

Last edited by veggielover; 05-08-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #190  
I restore Teeth.

actually you know what, red? NOw that you brought up the topic...(teehee!)
I get a lot of emails from young girls here on 3FC (they never post, they just PM you and stuff) asking me for my high, weight and "how to get skinny" techniques. NO one take this personally but- I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT WHEN THEY DO THAT!!! I want younger women to appreciate their bodies, especially for those that are in their teens, and it P*SSES ME OFF when they want to go from a size 3 to a size 0. (I have never been large because in my family, our bones are very very small and even when I ate a lot I was small!) I hate it when girls who are already thin and healthy want to be EVEN THINNER! But yet I still get those crazy emails. One girl decided to CHANGE her goal weight just because she wanted MY WEIGHT. I said "are you crazy? Youre already thin!" but I dont know- I guess if they ate around 2000 calories and did it in a healthy way I wouldn't mind but I bet once their bodies stop losing weight because its no longer healthy, they'll forget their health and be a bit desperate.... I just wished the younger generation would see this, but you see, my generation of the 90s obviously didn't set a good example!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:08 AM   #191  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Why is it that when you're tired you want to eat? I know it's common, I've read lots of posts with others complaining about the same thing, but it's still so frustrating! Yes, I'm tired, and yes, I wanted to eat so I blew it and tore an old fashioned donut in half this morning at work and ate it. Pause day 2 today on donuts. Good news is that yesterday I met all 3 challenges. Day 12 good on water and donuts. Day 3 on my deficit was 754 which isn't bad considering I don't work out usually on Sundays.

Welcome veggielover! Glad to hear you're trying to eat right! Whether you need to lose or not, eating right is the best thing you can do for yourself!

Princess - glad to see you're back, but sorry to hear you're having a rough time right now. Hope that good things are coming soon!

Red - you sound soooo busy!

Congrats to all who are doing well on their challenges! For those struggling I think I need some of that too!

Have a good day!

Joyce
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:14 AM   #192  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

Height: 5'3"

Hey Red--The scenery in Bavaria is about the only thing I like about it.....the accent, while strange, doesn´t phase me......but the people, the food, the brew as you say. All of that just doesn´t make for the kind of atmosphere that I want to raise my daughter in.

It´s hard to describe Germany without offending people...but the people here are the least tolerant that I have ever had the misfortune to meet in my life...if you´re a minority of Germany, you had better "integrate" fast--and that means speaking perfect German without an accent, wearing less clothing than you would think proper, giving up your religion for atheism or agnosticism, and forgetting your culture the minute you walk out your front door. Germany is great................as long as you´re German.......

As a person of German descent, I liked Germany at first. I speak fluent German and I loved traveling around and seeing what there was to see. Especially when I was here just as a visitor...and then as a student, it was still okay..........but after living here for a couple years, it´s starting to drive me nuts. The hypocrisy of the German government. The widespread intolerance. Ugh.

Thank God there are only a few months left until I move home--I hope...

--Katherine
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #193  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstorey
so I blew it and tore an old fashioned donut in half this morning at work and ate it.
lol joyce occasionally i get the urge to have a krispy kreme but I tell myself that 80 cents for something that cant possibly fill me up isnt worth it!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #194  
prepare for the BEST time

I repaired the pod-holder for my fancy coffee-pot...seems like a little coffee grind caused the entire fall-out...............it was enough to work ME into the froth that belongs on top of my coffee.........

I've stopped chewing my fur off for the moment, I can control my own behavior!

hope everyone is doing well, I was rewarded for my 3hrs. & 45 mins. of hard cardio last week, the scale has moved another lb.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #195  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Yesterday was hard but the crunches finally got done. I'm on day 8. These 14 hour days are taking their toll.

I will be back to chat.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote