Old 04-24-2006, 04:03 AM   #31  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi princess! Welcome to our thread. Yes, we'll help you out. Just come in and post as often as you can, or when you feel the need, and that INCLUDES the bad times! The levels are just something you decide for yourself. I implemented the concept as a way to make the challenge more palatable (pun intended! ) to people. If what you're doing feels very hard to you and that you may slip up sometimes over the next 21 days, then give yourself "pause days." That way, if you have a slipup one day, you just start counting from where you left off, not from Day 1 again. You decide if you think you may need just one day, or three (the max.) It's just a psychological help in some ways as well. A lot of people don't feel committed unless they have NO pause days, others probably feel that having to restart would discourage them too much, so they prefer to take a pause day. Well, good luck! Also, are you going to do three challenges at the same time, or everything all together? The latter means, if you miss one of your goals, even if you were ok on the other two, you'll have to take a pause day or start over. If you do them separate you may be on different days for different challenges. I know it's a bit confusing. Look back at some of the old threads and you'll get the idea if you'll not clear on things.

Last edited by redballoon; 04-24-2006 at 04:09 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 AM   #32  

hi princess and welcome to our challenge

i'm going to change mine it was waaaaaaaaaay too ambitious. so instead i am going to set a goal to journal daily so i can get to the bottom of my emotional eating. i'm going to do a 7 day BF challenge in another thread. i think 7 days will be plenty big enough goal for me at this stage...
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:57 AM   #33  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Just signing up for the new thread.

I'm wrapping up Day 2 of a new challenge (very structured eating plan, basically a weekly menu with 3 meals/day, no sweets/treats or anything). I decided for that because I felt that my eating was going downhill.

I'll do an exercise challenge as well, as soon as I decide whether it'll be to run every day, or to run every other day and do some other exercise on the other days.

Hope everyone is doing great, gotta run!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:04 AM   #34  

sushi. congrats glad your challenge is going well
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #35  

Height: 5' 8.5"

New here! Hoping a challenge will help me out, along with having to be accountable to someone other than myself. I did really well losing the first 50 pounds, the next 30 I have really fought for and looking at the next 30 feels really hard for some reason.

Anyways, I have a few things I should change in my new lifestyle but I'm just going for 2 right now. Little at a time!

1. Drink more water! I'm really bad about this one. Level 3
2. No donuts. I work in a donut shop 5 days a week and am usually good about only eating a donut hole or a broken piece of a donut a couple times a week and every couple of weeks I'll let myself have a whole one but I know it's still too much! Level 3

Hope you are all doing well with your own challenges!

Joyce
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #36  

Good morning all, and welcome to our newest posters. JOyce, you should feel very proud of hte work you have done so far. You are off to an awesome start! Keep building on what you have done.

I am now an official member of the "all soda is evil" club. I gained 4 pounds this week. Now, while I had 2 days of bad eating, I also had 2 days where I did double workouts. It should have balanced out to at least a stay the same, and no way to a FOUR POUND GAIN But I was drinking soda every day, even if it was diet. No good. Hopefully all will improve once I am drinking more water again.

Sweet Pea - what is a "BF challenge" I am confused and intrigued. "Boy Free?" "Balance Forward?" "Beat France?" "Buy Ford?" Let me know if I get close.

Everyone else - have a super day, and I will check in later.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #37  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

Height: 5'3"

Jollygirl--I think BF is "binge free" right?????.....................and maybe the 4 lbs came from something other than food--like auntie flo??? I always get between 5-8 lbs extra during that time and a couple days before...

Hope everybody is doing well!

I´m only on my second day, but yesterday went well and for today, I´ve already gotten 2 L down (2 to go) and I´ve exercised today...I´m not making dinner tonight, so I won´t be challenged there (salad!!!)...and yesterday, I think I did a good job on limiting my portions--despite my husband grilling out and making my favorite...

--Katherine
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #38  
prepare for the BEST time

"all soda is evil"? I think I'm one of the few that just don't LIKE soda....once ior twice a week I might have 1/2 can of diet ginger-ale...but mostly it is to settle my ever-growing stomach lurchings....(its the stress...makes me nauseated)....but i don't think I could look a diet coke in the face without remembering how SICK I was last week!

welcome Princess (and if I missed anyone else). If i can do it, YOU can do it!

Day #5.....AM workout, 25 mins. of cardio and wts.....planning to hit the gym after work to put in some more cardio time.

RB....uh how long would it take me to get from NJ to Tokyo to your house to clean out your fridge and cupboards?.....LISTEN TO ME.....as I tell Carla, I am the voice of conscious...(like the ghost of Christmas future)...and I am the voice of LARGER PANTS SIZES TO COME .....if you keep using PMS as an excuse to eat junk!

I wonder what CARLA is eating this week????
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/187/135

Default New member - May I join your challenge?

Hi!

I am new here and would like to join your 21 day challenge. I think I understand your rules. I set a goal (in my case to journal my food everyday). If I skip a day, I can either "pause" the challenge and pick up where I left off adding the days paused to the end or I can start over. The purpose of the challenge is to build new and healthy habits. I have been journaling for over a week now and so I consider this a low-level challenge. Would that make it a level 1 or 3?

Anyway looking forward to joining you all.
StephanieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Default Day 8 for eating.... Day 1 elliptical!!!

Good Morning! I`m still hangin' in there, Red. Busy weekend that`s all. I think I`m on Day 8 today (will backtrack to make sure), been very good with my eating and the exercise is slowly improving as well. Just my emotional ups and downs, but I`m working on that. Broke down and called the Doc today, I`m tired of feeling angry and sad for no damn reason (PMS was last week!). Could be why I`m doing so well with eating, I`m the type who doesn`t eat when I feel blue, when I feel hurt by others I do, but not this kinda depression... The weekend alcohol consumption isn`t helping (dehydration maybe? although I`m doing great with water now). Maybe it`s the weather, very dark and gloomy lately. Bleh...

I found a way to combat the Soprano munchies....I did my upper body weights and some crunches and stretching while the boys were on. It felt great... and I just bought a few sexy tank tops for summer so these flabby arms need help starting NOW. I only wear the sleveless styles with "a cover up" and I`m just done with that! I want so badly to get on the machine and I`m ready to start challenge #2 today....at least 20 minutes a day on the elliptical. I`m trying to target my 2 big prob areas, flabby arms and belly, but as I`ve learned spot training goes hand in hand with cardio. The results are a combo of both. And I know my mental well being always improves with cardio .

princess- welcome! I hope we can all help you, and I`m sure you`ll help us as well! Don`t look at it as a ton of weight to lose, go for ten pounds or any kind of small goal that seems less scary. I started losing around 230 and it was a lot to think of how much I had to lose. I see the pic, and it horrifies me. I cant even bring myself to post before and "getting there" pics. I was lost inside that body, screaming to get out is right! I hope to see you here and glad to have you aboard! Red is the heart of this operation ,and the first one I came to for a kick in the butt so I DON`T turn into that person I never want to be ever again. One week back with my girl (and of course the inspiration of everyone here!) and I tell ya, they`re contagious!!!

Jolly- You sound lots better You CAN do this, girl!! I just smiled (and it`s taking a lot to make me smile lately) to see those words. I`m glad you had a nice time at the wedding. I should join the evil soda group! lol I`m doing better, more water so thats a start. But still too much soda, and I think I`m making up for it by counting those calories and eating less. OH so bad, I know. Do you watch your sodium? Thats a biggie for me, a high sodium day and the scale goes in the upsetting direction.

Weclome to Stephanie, any other newbies I missed! Nice to see so many challengers.

Have a great start to the week Ladies. Lets kick

Last edited by Caro30; 04-24-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Caro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #41  

Caro, don't forget those "kitchen-counter push-ups" for your tri-ceps & chest. (a bit harder than wall-push-ups).

loved last night's episode, Arty hasn't sown that much backbone in a long time, and you know where that rabbit meat came from....what's that thing on Christopher's eyebrow?
Old 04-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #42  
weightgonnago

S/C/G: 230/230/150

ok ladies...here go...thanks for all of the welcomes...I cant wait till I learn you all better so I can be an encourager too.

I am going to try all three...it may be too much but we will see. Journaling is great too. I use to do that alot. I will do that too but not as a goal...I have enough to focus on...

here we go day one...i will let you know tonight how it goes... good luck ladies and stay focused.
princessmtkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #43  

Hey all. Just a real quick vent, here before I get back to work. I was doing so well, with the THOUGHTFUL eating. Really paying attention to how I felt physically, before eating. Now, after last week, I seem to be tossing that all out the window. I am not paying attention to hunger vs emotions. I just want to toss stuff in. And, I have no energy, so want to eat more. And I don't want to go see my pony. . .

all right. Enough of this. Everyone else, do better than me. That's an order
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #44  

Jolly, stand still while I smack you.....

RB, I read through your vent....about * Princesses*....now i *assure* you that a Princess has her own set of issues.... there is an extreme amount of pressure that you don't realize....there is an image to maintain...... let me explain; you can't go out if your nails aren't done, (people will gossip) If you don't have your hair colored, your roots show, you are "letting yourself go",people expect a very high standard for your looks!

and then there is the fact that once hubby is out of the picture...(because you had a damn good lawyer and got everything ) you have the PRESSURE of finding a replacement! and start all over again.....it's exhausting! to try to maintain the Princess image and you still have to pay taxes and find good domestic help.....
(some Princesses actually do work for a living....like me)
Old 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #45  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygirl
Sweet Pea - what is a "BF challenge" I am confused and intrigued. "Boy Free?" "Balance Forward?" "Beat France?" "Buy Ford?" Let me know if I get close.
Jolly~ I think it means Beef Fat.
Seriously, I hope you start to feel better again, you've been doing so good. Just look at what you've achieved so far. We all have to deal with some setbacks every now and then, that is inevitable~ we try to go forward. You can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys
RB....uh how long would it take me to get from NJ to Tokyo to your house to clean out your fridge and cupboards?.....LISTEN TO ME.....as I tell Carla, I am the voice of conscious...(like the ghost of Christmas future)...and I am the voice of LARGER PANTS SIZES TO COME .....if you keep using PMS as an excuse to eat junk!
Marble~ That was hilarious Like Jolly used to say~ I just burned a lot of calories laughing...

to all the newbies~ I'm not so good at remembering names and I don't want to miss anyone, so welcome to everybody. we're so glad you've joined us.

Good night everyone.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 04-25-2006 at 03:33 AM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote