Old 05-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #241  
Going Hard in the Paint!

S/C/G: 238/238/160

Height: 5'7"

I will be starting my own challenge on Monday, May 15, 2006. I actually have about three separate things that I would like to form into habits. So here goes...

1. Work out for at least 30-45 minutes daily
2. Drink at least 4 bottles of water daily (to meet recommended 64 oz.)
3. Take multivitamin
4. NO FAST FOOD!!
5. Blog/Journal

I will try everything in my power to stick to it!! As far as weight loss is concerned, I have fallen OFF the wagon more than I have been ON the wagon. I hope that I can get it together and get this weight off. It's about time!!
REDEFINITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:50 AM   #242  
Hoping for Healthy

Welcome, Redefinition! What level are you setting your challenges to?
teatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #243  
I restore Teeth.

Red, I haven't had the best of days- it was the last of finals and I'm also helping a friend move out at the same time. (as a result) I couldn't go back to my apartment where all the nutritious items were. I did resfrain fom eating cookies but I failed to get enough fiber for the past few days. I set my level at 1 and I intend to do that because setting it at 3 would allow rest days which would probably keep a bad habit running! SO I'm back at day 1......... I know, its bad isnt it?
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #244  
Hoping for Healthy

Oh darn it! I just used up my Pause day! Pause meal, as I think of it. I just nibbled on a piece of lettuce absently mindedly after lunch, and then realized that it was a leftover from the meal! Well, if I can keep on track from now on...

Veggie, congrats on the no cookie eating! That's definitely a plus.
teatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:20 PM   #245  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Ok, just a quick one to catch me up.

Donuts Fri - good day 16
Water Fri - good, day 15
Deficit Fri - good 972, day 4 (I believe)

Donuts Sat - good day 17
Water Sat - good day 16
Deficit Sat - good 913, day 5

Today, being Mother's Day, we went out to eat and I was good by having the salad bar, but I did add a few things that I normally wouldn't! Oh well, we only go out a few times a year, so I refuse to feel bad. Anyways, I have not counted calories and have no idea how many calories were in those extras that I ate. I decided to just not count today. I will consider it pause day on the deficit, therefore I am going to just start over. I'm pretty sure today did me in on my pause days for this challenge!

Hope all you moms had a good day and hope those who are not moms did too!

Talk at you Monday.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:34 PM   #246  

Hey all. Sorry for the lurking. Just hard to come on when I feel like I am floundering so badly mentally. I decided to restart my challenges tomorrow, but take a step back on following the menu. It seems like the mental issues started when I set a limit on the calories, even though I had been meeting that limit before it was part of the challenge. I will back up, then move forward. And see what my trainer has in mind tomorrow. . . .

So, starting tomorrow, my 3 challenges will be:
1) NO soda - level 3
2) Follow menu, and count calories - level 3
3) Do core work daily-level 1

Have a good night all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:18 AM   #247  

Hi everyone! Happy Mothers day to all the moms on the list. I finished day 1 of the water challenge, though the exercise challenge eludes me still. I am off to bed now, though, and planning to catch up on all the posts and try again for the exercise tomorrow.

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #248  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Red face

Good morning everyone, congrats to everyone who kept up with their challenges and everyone who had the courage to get back on the horse to start over again.

Anyway, Day 9 and doing ok. As an unofficial challenge going to try again work on building up my no carbs.

I was watching LL Cool J in an interview ( a rapper) talking about his career and how he dealt with some of the low points (he been around for aout 20 years which is ancient in rap world) and he said sometimes you have to have a party for yourself, get out a cupcake (or something healthy lol) stick a candle in it and celebrate yourself, pat yourself on your back. So I guess I am saying when you do something good, (i e. I manages to refran from a second piece of lasgana this weekend) pat yourself on the back.

Ok, off the soap box, everyone have a good day...
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Happy Monday, everyone.

Starting over fresh today with my water challenge. Here we go again, Day 1 . I had a bad weekend, the depression seems to be getting better little by little though.
This weather does not help. I forgot what the sun looks like. I`ve never seen so much rain in my life. Luckily my roof and basement have made it through. Everyone is just cranky and depressed and tired of it already....I think my cat is even depressed.

I hope you`re all doing well, and if not, join me in re-starting today.
Caro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #250  

Good morning all. I am slowly making my way back to the land of mindful eating. Slow but sure. . . I did meet my personal challenge for where I wanted to be at the end of the gym contest. I was going to buy a new outfit, but consider the new jeans I got count for that. I am setting my new goal as reaching 215 by June 19th (5 weeks). I will get a facial if I make that one.

Caro - I hear you on the depressing weather. A friend of mine is going to Florida, and I asked her to bring the sunshine back with her! I am restarting with you today. Here's to us!!

Obsidian, I like what you said. Soapbox away! I know I have to watch the tendency to get focused on how far I have to go, instead of celebrating how far I have come. I know I am trying to keep my goals small, and celebrate often, but it is hard. Keep on keeping on!

Everyone else, have a great day!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #251  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Good morning all!

Sorry to hear about your weather woes on the eastern side of the U.S. It does get very depressing when you don't see the sun for a while! For a while here in Idaho this spring, the rain and snow just wouldn't quit! We are finally having some sun and warm weather though. I've just started walking again a couple of weeks ago and it's been so nice to actually get out of the house. Hopefully those of you under the clouds will get some sun soon!

My challenges for Sunday went well.

Donuts - good day 18
Water - good day 17
Deficit - starting over today

Have a great day!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #252  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning,
Quick post. Will be back tonight all being well with the satellite and the connection.

Challenges going well. Done day 3 and on to day 4.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:30 PM   #253  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh all. I am feeling just awful.... Was out too late last night and couldn't go to see my horse this morning because I got in too late and then slept through the alarm. I have an interview this afternoon so I can't go now at all and that just makes me feel so bummed. I fell off my challenge yesterday as well and since I had no pause days left, am going to have to restart when I was almost there...it was Day 18....oh, darn, I feel so awful, really irritated with myself for doing things I didn't want to do....

Last edited by redballoon; 05-15-2006 at 08:45 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #254  

Hey all. Red, sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Sending happy thoughts your way :

All three challenges successfully met. But, having said that, I did have a binge today. Stressing out about some friendship things. Luckily, I had a presonal trainer session tonight, and I am pretty sure I sweated it all out. Tomorrow is another day.

Have a good one all. Keep up the good fight, and I will post more tomorrow
Old 05-16-2006, 07:20 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Day 2 here. Water challenge met yesterday, on to a new day.

Red- I`m sorry you`re feeling so bad. Don`t beat yourself up, and I wish you lots of luck on your interview. We all have bad days, and do things we know we shouldn`t or wish we wouldn`t have. Today is a new day.

Jolly- I`m so worried my friendship issues will turn to me binging, the only thing I know might help me is to keep coming here. I don`t want to fill this emptiness and hurt with food, and thats so like me. At least you had a great workout! I cant even get my butt off the couch... lol

Have a great day, I think I see the sun!!
Caro30 is offline   Reply With Quote