Old 05-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #136  

Hello! It's great to hear from Shad! And Fish Woman! Missed you guys and I am looking forward to hearing from you on a regular basis again!
I lost my bet with DH. TOM arrived yesterday and it was then I realized even if I had been close the scale would have taken a turn for the worse. I'm really getting sick of making goals for myself and then not meeting them. It's really starting to piss me off!!!!
Speaking of goals....I did take a pause day on exercise so I'm on day 9 I think...as for chocolate, I keep forgetting that I'm not supposed to be eating it. I'm not eating big HUNKS of it or anything, but a little nibble of something and OOPS! I know I didn't have any yesterday so I'll say today is day 2......
Last month I "won" a month's membership to Butterfly Life (similar to Curves)in a silent aution fundraiser for my son's preschool. So now that DH will be home for a while I am going to start going. Maybe that will get things started. It's hot here and none of my warm-weather pants fit.

I have been feeling crummy about my laziness about EVERYTHING in my life. I am beginning to realize that I have become an incredibly LAZY person. Must STOP. I was thinking this post would become a whiney complaining mess, but I am going to keep positive and move forward. While the scale, of course, moves backward.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #137  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Well, day 6 went well with both water and donuts. Today is day 7 and I met the donut challenge again, but it was a tough one! I don't know why but I was so hungry this morning! Luckily I had a 65 calorie granola bar in my car so I managed to ignore the donuts. The best news for me is that the scale, after being stuck at 192 for over 2 weeks now, has finally moved in the right direction. I think I might not have been eating enough since I started doing Tae Bo most days of the week. It seems to burn more calories than I had expected. Guess I'll have to start watching my deficits rather than just counting my calories.

Sweet pea - so glad the whole house thing is going well! Sounds like your challenges are too. Good job!

Sushi & Fish - try to get some sleep!

Red - sure hope you get your troubles worked out. Sounds so stressful. Get that lawyer to help you and take a deep breath

Jolly & Vanessa - good job on your challenges yesterday!

Hope you all have a great day.

Joyce
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #138  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

Height: 5'3"

Oh well........I´ll be back to day one tomorrow...

I was sick today and I started everything off badly. Didn´t eat breakfast until about noon, which means that all of my meals were pushed back and I ate after 7 p.m..........and I didn´t exercise, because other than getting up now and then to take care of my daughter, I spent most of the day in bed.............I got in about 3.5 liters of water, but I didn´t get in 4 liters.......yeah...anywho.....there are a whole lot of excuses there, but the good thing is that I can start over.

On the upside, I lost another pound...which could just be water, because I´m sick. My measurements are better, too, except my thighs...they just don´t seem to be getting any smaller....I´ve lost a ton off my waist and hips and bust, but my legs and my arms just seem to resist shedding anything and have been that way for about a month now.

So anyway, I still want to be positive. I´ll restart tomorrow with day one. My goals are the same: 4 L water daily, 30 minutes activity daily, freezing leftovers before dinner even begins, and nothing but fruit and veggies after 7 p.m.

I did pretty good for a week and I think that getting out and walking more has helped me move past my plateau......if I don´t hit too many more plateaus, I hope to reach my goal by Fall...It seems like every five pounds now is harder than the last, which is why I keep my goals small these days......

I hope that everybody did better than I did today! I´m sure that if we just keep working at it, we´ll eventually make our goals into habits that will last and help us achieve our desired results!

--Katherine
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #139  
weightgonnago

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Hi ladies...sorry I have been absent...I went and got sick and work has been kicking my booty. My boss had been a real pice of work lately and today was not pretty..there is good and bad to the story...bad...after our last conversation turn bad...i turned to food. The good was I turned to huge salad...So, yes, i still still turned my emtions to food but atleast it was a healthy one...I have been sick so the excerise will start all over on day one tomorrow. The calories and water intake have been good but only by default since I have been sick. So, I will start them at day one too just to be fair...well I am sorry i have not responded to your imputs yet...i will...i promise...i have to get to bed and i wanted to post my status. i will catch up on you ladies tomorrow...stay strong....
princessmtkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #140  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya everybody.
I'm on day 2 of the challenge - trucking along. Don'[t know whether I mentioned it or not but I am working on Groote Eylandt at the top of Australia and not far from Papua New Guinea and the equator. It's nice and warm.

There was a notice on the board today to miss the beach (which is fenced off anyway) because there is a 4 metre crocodile patrolling the beach. No one will get me near the beach now.

We can get a drink after our meal at a place called the ARC (the rest of the island is dry). Can't spell the name of the town so will spare you the difficulties. Walked home with the other contractors in the dark and we saw a lovely owl sitting on a pole. I got a photo. Haven't had much time to look at anything much yet. Got in late, got sorted out with accommodation, went to the mess for dinner and went to bed - stuffed. It took 10 hours to get here by plane.

Tonight I hope to go on a long walk to see what is around the joint. Funny little township - and we are not allowed into the reserves unless we have a pass - but it is definitely not tropical paradise island like Tahiti or Fiji. Although some of the folks here just love it.

Time to get on with it. I'm training in and learning about the Real Estate module today.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #141  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Well, I didn't end up getting much sleep last night again... very tired today, extremely tired after I got home from the agency interview (went well, I just hope they'll have a job offer for me FAST!). I nearly fell asleep, but then remembered about the challenges... and did 45 minutes on the stationary bike while reading a Bond book. So that's Day 10 on exercise.

And just when I loaded our thread, I realized I had forgotten to do the squats, so I got up, and just did them. So that's Day 2 on that. And Day 11 on the food plan, and gosh, how I can't wait to be done with it... very very limiting. I don't know whether I'll go for 3 whole weeks and or stop at 2 weeks and finish off the challenge with a different meal plan, which I'll prepare for myself based on the foods I like and want. And no, it won't be a cheat, I did think of this option when starting. I'll see in a few day's time, I guess.
I recently discovered that fruit supply in Australia is very different to what I'm used to... I'm used to getting nearly any fruit I want at nearly any time of the year. It might cost more, but it'll be there. And if not, then there will be plenty others. In Aus it turns out to be very seasonal... no peaches or nectarines anymore. Bananas in very short supply and at an insane price with Larry having wiped out 80% of the crops. And they're saying that grapes will be gone from the stores very very soon. There is tons of apples, but I'm not a fan. So I'd like to eat what fruit I can while it's there (while applying portion control) and on this eating plan, I can't. There is some fruit, but not much, and only on some days.

Alright, that'll be it for tonight. Nice to see our old regulars - Shad, FishWoman... Good luck to everyone who needs to re-start, you can do it!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:50 AM   #142  

hi everyone
i have completely lost track of what day it is and what i'm doing i will have to go back and see what day i am on for the journalling. i think i have done day 9 + i had 1 pause day.

my eating has been crappy the last couple of days and i am feeling it. very tired. and like fish i am having trouble sleeping. nightmares and broken sleep. not much fun.

i like the comments people have been making about keeping positive. i will do that too and write properly tmrw when i'm a bit more awake. nite all
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #143  

Hey all. Real quick post today. Sorry. Was having computer issues last night (people WILL INSIST on sending me huge emails that jam up my system.)

Anyway. I had to take a pause on the soda yesterday. I went to my first bicycle club meeting, and it was at a bar. I figured overall, one 12oz diet soda would be better than a drink. The funny thing was, the bar started having folk music, and I had a hard time not giggling - I was waiting to hear Phoebe start singing "smelly cat." I crack myself up. Other challenges went well.

Have a good day all. I will post more tonight.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #144  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day 2 done

Here are my challenges:
1. Limit my calories to 1500 or less each day (level 2) - day 2 at 1363
2. Exercise (cardio or yoga) at least 30 minutes every day (level 2) - day 2 at 30 minutes on elliptical
3. No alcohol (level 3) - day 2 at no booze

I got more sleep last night, but was still tired this morning. I had to attend a congressional hearing on investor protection this morning (have to give a presentation of the testimony and Q&A at our next 40 Act meeting) - that did not help to make me less tired!

Apple - congratulations on winning the month-long membership, you should have fun with that.

Shad - I'm guessing that a place named Groot Eylandt was originally owned by the Dutch? The weather sounds great, but definitely stay away from the crocodiles!

I hope everyone is having a good day today!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #145  

I finally have a few spare minutes! Day 7 went well, no donuts, drank lots of water!

I have a new challenge that I am trying out and have started it today. I figure 21 days should give me a good idea how well it is working for me. I keep running into times when the scale just won't move, yes, I know it's normal to stall out sometimes, but lately it happens way too often . The stall usually ends when I bump up my calories a little. Guess I have a bad habit of letting things go too far! I wouldn't call these stalls a plateau since they only last a couple of weeks but I know I should be doing better than I am. My challenge therefore is to keep my calorie deficits in line. I'm going to try to keep the deficit no lower than 500 and no higher than 1000 for each day. The 500 calorie deficit should only happen for me on one day of the weekend since I always take one day off from working out. The 1000 should keep me from losing more than I should and hopefully keep me from stalling out every couple of weeks.

Anyways, I might have to tweak fitday a little to get things totally in line with my weight loss but I'm hoping this will help me to keep my calories within a better range.

Hope you are all having a good day and doing well on challenges!

Joyce
Old 05-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #146  

Forgot to say my challenge is a level 2!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #147  

Hey all. Sorry not more time to post. Things have been crazy!

I am going to count all three challenges as met for today. Question mark is due to a work meeting luncheon. Couldn't count calories for certain, but due to the amount I ate, I will say I passed.

Hope everyone hada good day. See you later
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:21 AM   #148  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi all. No time to post again these days, but I wanted to come in to say I am still on my challenge, must be day 9 now I'm on. Yes, that's right.

Wishing all you who've fallen off track the guts to pull yourself back on, and yes, that's what's it's about most of the time, real pull yourself up by the bootstraps kind of stuff!

Offering my congratulations to all who have stayed on their challenge! Keep up this great effort!

Later, all, I hope I'll be able to make some time for everyone!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:11 AM   #149  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

So that's Day 11 on exercise, Day 12 on food and Day 3 on squats all done.

And why do I feel like yet another challenge...? Maybe I think of increasing the difficulty of the squat challenge instead...
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #150  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

Height: 5'3"

I´ve done great today! I don´t need to make dinner so there´s nothing to freeze...water´s okay...it´s 6:30 and I´m just about done for the day...may have a glass of milk yet...other than that, things are good...

I´m kind of confused...It´s ironic that I hadn´t checked this in the past, but my husband´s scale (in kg) tells me that I weigh less than my own scale (in pounds)...............I did the conversion and on my scale, I´m 137...and according to my husband´s I´m 134 (60.9 kg)...I´m going to go by my scale, but seeing that I might weigh less made my day today, hehe...

--Katherine
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote