Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #406  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Wink Thank God It's Over For 4 More Years!!!

THE BEST THING ABOUT YESTERDAY IS THAT IT'S OVER. WE HAVE OUR MAYOR FOR 4 MORE YEARS AND IT WAS A SHOE IN ANYWAY.....NO COMPETITION!
FOOD CHOICES WERE TERRIBLE AND I ENDED UP FEELING SICK AFTER 13 HOURS. SERVED ME RIGHT TODAY WILL BE VERY BLAND FOOD AND A BE GENTLE TO THE TUMMY KIND OF DAY.
REMIND ME NOT TO GO TO THE MALL AND THEN WORK THE NEXT DAY. WAY TOOO MUCH. SIGH.
I READ EVERYONE'S POSTS AND VERY GLAD TO SEE SUZI AND MEADOW AER FEELING BETTER.
SORRY HAPPY'S FOOD ISN'T WORKING OUT. I THINK MINE IS BOTHERING MY FACE. ANOTHER SIGH.
SHAD IS GOING TO NEVERLAND AGAIN WONDER IF CAPTAIN HOOK AND PETER PAN WILL INTRODUCE THEMSELVES NOW SHE ALREADY FOUND THE CROC IS THERE
WHEN TEEL SAID SAINSBURYS, I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF "ARE YOU BEING SERVED". WHERE MRS SLOCOMBE'S HUSBAND GOES OUT FOR A POUND OF LIGHTLY SALTED BUTTER AND NEVER RETURNS I AM VERY HAPPY MYSELF TO HEAR MOM DID SO WELL.
HOPE CEEJAY'S BIKE COMES SOON SO WE CAN SEE HER RACK UP THE MILEAGE.
HOLLY IS DANCING AROUND IN DEEEEEEVINE SANDALS.

WELL GIRLS, I MUST LEAVE YOU...GOT TO RECOUP THE ENERGY SOMEHOW. FOOD SHOPPING IS TOMORROW.
LOTS OF REST AND RELAXATION FOR MELLIE TODAY
HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #407  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WELL THE VERDICT IS IN....ONE DR HAS OFFICIALLY ASKED ME TO GET OFF THE NS FOOD. HE SAID THE SOONER THE BETTER. GOOD THING I DIDN'T ORDER THE NEST BATCH!!! HE AND THE EYE AND SKIN DRS LOOKED OVER EVERYTHING AND FEEL THE FOOD IS CAUSING THE ROSACEA TO BE OUT OF CONTROL AND IT IS IN MY LOWER LIDS OF BOTH EYES. BEING AS I CANNOT TAKE THE ANTIBIOTICS FOR FEAR OF STARTING OFF THE OTHER PROBLEMS, THE DIET IS THE ONLY MEANS OF TREATMENT AND CONTROL. SIGH. THEY TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO THE OTHER PLAN CAUSE THAT'S WHERE I LOST THE 30 LBS I REALLY KNEW THIS SO IT'S NO GREAT SURPRISE TO ME.
OK THEN....I AM OFF TO DIG OUT MY OTHER STUFF AND MAKE OUT A SHOPPING LIST!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Poor Mel--NS is not good for her. Feel better soon.

It was another stormy morning but the sun is shining now.

Thinking about getting my hair trimmed and frosted again this week end.

Dr. Phil is coming on and this is one show that I like to watch.

According to an email my bike has been shipped.

What's happened to the home page and where are the journals.

Last edited by ceejay52; 05-10-2006 at 06:14 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #409  

HI all. I read posts with a tea this aft. HUGS!!!
I am actually doing better wityh my food intake. Very busy in general.

Just relaxing and looking for White pine pics for Meadow.

I love how soft the needles are. I planted two wee ones but they grow 10 feet wide and 30 feet tall.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #410  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hello all,
I'm in the land of the living. Had a light dinner and a drink with a couple of friends last night and then hit the hay very early. Slept around the clock.

Apparently the head training honchos up here put pressure on the project to send me back and I will be here for nearly 3 weeks, which means I miss Mothers Day - Boo hoo. We will have to have another one later on.

Not much to report here. I have found the pics of the crocodile patrolling the beach but need to resize it before I can show you all.

Happy I am sorry that this system is becoming difficult. Still it has given you a start and you can now move forward with that. Check out LindaT's recipes. I'm sure she will give you some ideas. Otherwise eat normally and cut the portions right back and keep on with the exercise. It can be quite successfully done that way as well.

Mel, sorry to hear things are not moving in the right direction. Some times we just have to experiment to see what happens. Darn and drat for you.

Ceejay. Hope everything is okay there. We are sort of starved for news here. It took two days for me to find out that those miners had been released in Tassie.

Better go sort out the next lesson. They are almost here already - well, they are due anyway, and some will show.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:25 AM   #411  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Shad, I am sorry to hear that you have been whisked away and will miss Mother's Day. Wasn't DS2 going to make you a fabulous meal? Or am I getting it confused with the son and GF doing all that work around the house for you? Apparently the good folks of Groote have discovered that there is no other woman in all of Oz who will train as well as you. Please take care with those 14 hour days and NOT ENOUGH SLEEP. Eventually your get up and go will got up and went. We can't have you being sick on us. I hope the company appreciates you.

The back of our yard is surrounded by white pines - white = 5 letters, white pines have 5 needles to a stem. Red = 3 letters, red pines have 3 needles to a stem. DH taught me that. And long white pine needles seem to gather everywhere but they are very pretty to look at and the birds love them. And southern white pine makes the best paper (nooooo don't beat me - 15 years working at paper companies taught me that ) But those white pines grow very fast. That looks like a lovely stretch of road to take a peaceful walk Holly. good for you on passing up the bagels.

Ceejay - it must be that time of year for the haircut and frostings - been thinking about that myself - just have to make an appointment. Hopefully the storms are finished for a week and we should be due for some dry weather. Bet you can't wait for your bike to arrive. Hopefully it's tomorrow (Thursday). Happy pedalling!

Mel, I am very sorry to hear you have to give up the NS plan. Too much soy protein, huh? It's hard to get away from that stuff. So it's back to Michael Thurmond? Which letter are you? I'll be cheering for you - it will be more work with the planning and cooking but you can do it. I'm sure we aren't the same letter - otherwise we could swap flash frozen meals Little by little I hope they get you back to being fabulous Mel

Well if anyone is interested in why I'm calling it quits on the diet plan, read on - otherwise skip to the next post.

Here's the bad parts - it's expensive and I feel guilty about spending that much money for a long period of time. I'm not too fond of the texture of the meat. The chicken isn't bad but the beef is horrid (tho in fairness most diet meal beef is bad). I wasn't impressed with the pork - the meats seem to have a weird chewy texture like they have been over marinated. I haven't had a fish entree yet but there's a Tilapia with Hollandaise sauce in this week's plan I'm looking forward to trying. Most of the entrees come with packets of mixed veggies. Since you get 2 veggies per meal, sometimes you get 2 packets of 2 different kinds of mixed vegetables. There is no seasoning on them so it's like frozen mixed vegetables cooked in water. Blah. Getting to be so very boring after the 4th day. On the other hand, there is a serving of grilled pineapple with 2 meals and tho I am not a big huge fan of pineapple - it was good and did compliment the meal nicely. One meal had green peas with pearl onions. Tonight's dinner was turkey with green beans almondine (good) and a packet of orange squash. It should be illegal for new moms to serve their little babies squash when they are too young to voice their opinion. I like yellow summer squash but this other stuff was not good. Oh and there was one meal that had fire roasted corn kernels that was quite good. I'd rate them 50/50 on the vegetables. You get a hot chocolate every day for breakfast which isn't bad. 3 days you get a fruit high protein drink - just add water to the powder in the bottle and shake well. I tried it with ice and water - it was ok but had a bit of a protein powder taste to it. I think it would have been really good in a blender with crushed ice and water like a slushie. But I wasn't about to haul my blender in to work.

On the good side: The breakfast bagels are fantastic and at only 9 carb gram instead of the typical 46 grams for regular bagels - they almost warrant their own wonder of the world. The protein snack bars are also very good. The protein cookies are not bad - they will never put home made out of business but then again, homemade can't compete with the nutrition in these. I liked the fact that everything is portioned and measured and laid out for you - less chance to cheat, easier to stay within the caloric guidelines. Most of all, I proved out what I was thinking all along. Sugar for me, makes me sick. And I am a sugarholic. The more I get, the more I want. I have alot of aches and pains. Alot has to do with lack of exercise and being overweight. Sometimes it's crippling pain. Hard to work out hard when you can barely walk. That aside, I had been doing some reading and there are people who preach that refined sugar is poison to your body. I started this low carb, low sugar diet on Thursday. By Saturday morning I noticed my knee and feet didn't hurt the way they usually do. I had my "free meal" Saturday night - chicken and pasta at an Italian restaurant. Pasta is high carb. I also had a Coca Cola. And I finished off those leftovers on Sunday evening and had a Coke too. Monday morning I was feeling awful again. No denying the relation between sugar and no sugar. So even after only one week, this meal plan has shown me some clear cut things I need to follow.

I think I'd rather grill up some extra chicken and vegetables and package it for lunches during the week. We can eat grilled fish twice a week - no problem. Fresh fruit and fresh or grilled vegetables round the meal out. One of my favorite desserts is low fat vanilla yogurt with fresh berries. I can do this. But it will take discipline which is not my strong point. So feel free to when I look like I'm slipping. Although I've always said the only one you really cheat is yourself when you fall off the wagon.

I do have one full week of meals that came today. But after the 17th I'm on my own. Oh and I did lose 2 pounds this week. But I am very good at losing 2 pounds and then finding them again. I'll wait and be thrilled next week if those 2 stay off and take 2 of their friends with them. I didn't do much bike riding this week, it stormed most every day. Now it's sleepy time. Sorry for the long post, it's more to keep me mindful of the goal.

Oh and thanks for the LindaT suggestion Shad. You can't argue the success she has had. However, I don't really care that much for Mediterranean food. I bought the Sonoma diet book and regretted it after the first chapter. Lots of stuff in there I just didn't like.

Last edited by happy2bme; 05-11-2006 at 01:31 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:34 AM   #412  

The news from here.
  • I colored my hair so it is not battle ship gray post-chemo.
  • ]It is curly like a poodle... When it's long enough I'm going to frost it back to blonde and reddish.
  • DS graduated from IU with a M.Ed last weekend.
  • He got engaged!!
  • I don't want to be the fat one at the wedding.
  • I had chest pains week before last.
  • EKG said no heart attack.
  • Blood tests say my blood sugar is 105, cholesterols are ***-backwards (good vs. bad).... SO

I didn't go back and read tons... but Hi to all. Mel... what was the NS plan that isn't working?

Shad-- It means alot that you and Linda and some of the "old" timers are so faithful. Thanks!

CeeJay & Meadow... hope you didn't get horrible weather.... The tornadoes in Anna, TX were only about 10 miles from here... but WE didn't even get any rain.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:47 PM.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:49 AM   #413  
Suzi in Auz

Hi Painter woman!!!! wow LTNS !!! you have had so much going on so understandable.
I am writing this when I should be doing stuff around home but TOO bad!
It's been a funny kinda week. I am semi planning a trip to the US...going to Orlando with family in July...I think. It's all dependent on $$$ we hope to get a bonus for hubby's work but if we don't we can't go. Hopefully bonus will be good! fingers crossed. I was wondering HAPPY if you have any suggestions with going to orlando in regard to Disney passes etc. it's all a little daunting and I just want to know whether it's better to pre purchase or not. I know that July is very busy season but DH has a conference there which means less accom cost and of course his fare is paid for.

SHAD... up North to you. Are you going to be Ok for 3 weeks up there? wow it's a long time. I can't wait to see this CROC, what a shame you are going to miss MOTHERS day. I am sure they will make up for it on your return
Ceejay wow those storms sound like something else!!! I hope you are safe...you will be in no time.
Holly glad the food is better, the pics were so nice of the pines, ty for those. I think you are a saint not eating that bagel, i love them, esp with cream cheese!!!
MEL, oh pooh about the plan, well hopefully they can get to the bottom of your rosasia probls. I know how painful it can be. My sister in law is on quite strong drugs for her outbreaks but can't remember name. I will find out, mind you best to keep it natural.
hi to everyone else, Hi teel was thinking of you. My 77 year old Mum has a pace maker too and makes a fuss about it, i know the feeling. Hope all is well now with new battery.
I better fly as DS12 is chomping to get to guitar!
Talk tomorrow.
Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #414  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme
Oh and thanks for the LindaT suggestion Shad. You can't argue the success she has had. However, I don't really care that much for Mediterranean food. I bought the Sonoma diet book and regretted it after the first chapter. Lots of stuff in there I just didn't like.

Hurmph.. Miss Happy Girl. You have the wrong impression about Sonoma. It isn't all eggplant and weird grains and goat cheese. I don't make a lot of "traditional" med food because I'd get bored real fast. What I do is alter my regular recipes to make them more med friendly. It's very easy once you keep the "Linda rules" in mind ... lean meats, only added fats are olive and canola oils, as many veggies as you can stuff down, 1-2 servings of fruit a day, whole grains only, a little dairy - cheese are tofu or almond mostly, except for string cheese. I eat Med Chinese, Med Italian, Med American.. heck I can med almost any cusine!! So yeah what Shad said.. take a gander at some of the recipes I have. Theyaren't weird.. well not most of 'em Shad was dead on right.. portion control is key.

Hi Miss Shad.. world traveler extraordinaire! Get some more good sleep. You deserve that!! Not fattening and it's good for you!

Teel - so glad Mom 's replacement went well. It's sure scary when they get older.

Hi Holly. This is your daily reminder to exercise. Remember you DID ask me to

Ceejay - everything should be back in place now. The links for the journals were missing for a bit since Suzanne was doing an upgrade of the main page.. as well as a few other changes.

Mel- sorry the rosacea is giving you fits. Mine is a bit flared recently due to stress but I know it will pass. I pray yours is better soon. Now since you've been NS banned.. come back to Sonoma. We miss you!!

Painterwoman. How nice to see you back. My hair has taken the curly turn and I don't much like it. Congrats about DS. Now will you please listen to those chest pains and what the doctor said? We care about you and want you to be around a long long time. It was a borderline choles report that motivated me, even when looking huge didn't.

Hi Suz. Oh Disney!! Lucky you. I've never been to Dworld, but I've been to Dland lots of times. I am so jealous!!

And now I have to toddle off into the sunset and work. Ugh.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #415  

A very quick heelo to all whilst the pooter is on. I have a very bad headache this afternoon so all I'm going to do is... !
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #416  
Radiate self!

Sour dough toast with strawberry jam and a cup of tea, I feel gentile

Mel-sorry about your NS being a trigger, I suspect you will be getting very creative with your menu. Just mind those spices

Holly-wonderful pics, our pines out here are huge and not delicate at all. Yours remind me of Tamaracs, I brought one out here from New Brunswick as a wee sprog and now it is 15 feet high but loses its needles in the fall. It has sweet little acorns on it.

Shad-are you a bit pleased to be so sought after? You will just have to tell your kids that Mother's Day has not been missed but merely post poned till the end of the month Can't allow your children to miss the chance to show you how much you are dearly cared about. Did I tell you your pics of the peace mile made me tear up? I just thought it was such a beautiful thing to do, whoever planned that was really thinking, it is beautiful.

Ceejay-any sign of your bike? How far was it coming? So you are a frost and tip gal huh? Low lights and high lights in tones always looks like fun on the makeover shows. Hopefully your storms have abated a bit and you can enjoy the outside spring air for awhile with out ducking and covering

Happy-Oh no! You have brought Linda out to waggle her mediterranean finger of healthy eating at you Barbecue season is soon decending, you can roast lots of peppers and chicken and put away for another day. I hear you on the squash, blech! Although I have had spahgetti squash and that was pretty good.

PainterWoman- Hi, congratulations on your son's graduation and engagement! Are you going to the hairdresser for suggestions? Perhaps your chest pains were stress related? Are you breathing deeply?

Suzi-Wow, big trip ahead. How long does it take to get from your side to the USA? Must be like 12 hours or more. I've heard that staying in one of the Disney hotels is a good option, especially when you have kids. They let you in an hour earlier than the crowds. I hope you week stays funny in a light, happy sort of way

Teel-Hello to you How many colours have you used today? What cards are you working on? Have you gotten more ideas for the male cards? Trains, planes, automobiles

Linda-good to see you! How is the Sonoma group treating you? Lots of good energy I hope.

I see you peeking Carla, Linus, Tig, Rose, Lisa, Madcat, Honeydipped, RavenToy, Jennifer, Ruth

drink water, drown your fat cells!

Last edited by Meadow; 05-11-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:54 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My new bike came yesterday. Mary signed for it. I put it together this morning and have ridden 32 minutes, burned 504 calories and rode 10.4. This was done at 21 mph. I feel like I've had a work out. At this rate I could probably increase my calorie limit to 1700 calories but I'm going to stay with in the 1500 - 1800 calories. I may ride again this afternoon. I

I also bought another pedometer last night at Walmart to help me keep up with some more calories burned.

Today I want to accomplish the laundry and dust and vacuum the living room. Today is suppose to be my rest day. I also need to write pop a note and tell him that I won't be there until early Saturday afternoon.

It's nice outside today so I have the windows up to let in some fresh air.

Hi LindaT. your egg light is aglow. Yep the journals are back today.

Painter Woman--So nice of you to visit. Wish it were more often.

Hello to the rest. I'm not taking any chances on this disappearing.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #418  
Smackin' into a Wall

Darlings!!! Just a quick post from the lounge in the B&B in London. Wedding was terrific - everything we could have wished for (as friend described it as funny, sweet and short). Food was terrific and everyone had a great time a(DH and I included) and enough to eat (except maybe Dh and I). I have pictures that I will post when we get back!

Better run off. This English keyboard is hard to get used to.

Love you all and will talk soon.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #419  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat
Darlings!!! Just a quick post from the lounge in the B&B in London. Wedding was terrific - everything we could have wished for (as friend described it as funny, sweet and short). Food was terrific and everyone had a great time a(DH and I included) and enough to eat (except maybe Dh and I). I have pictures that I will post when we get back!

Better run off. This English keyboard is hard to get used to.

Love you all and will talk soon.

Look at THAT!! She said DH!! Awwwww too cute!!! Glad you are having a wonderful time
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #420  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

ceejay ~ I understand your computer frustration...I'm trying to post a quick note and it took FOREVER to come up. grumpph. glad the bike appeared. ROLL ON!!!

I ADORE MEDITERREANEAN.. <-please correct my spelling here That's how I lost 60 lb and Slim lost 120+ lb. Olive oil, garlic, fresh veggies, whole grains, fish, poultry. Small portions.... yummmmm

REPEATING... MADCAT SAID DH!!!! HEE HEE HEE HEE

BUT.... the whole point of this post:

Suzi ~ I live ONE HOUR FROM DW. The package deals Hotel, tickets, etc. for families are definitely the best way to go. There are bargains. So I definitely advise getting your tickets etc. before you leave home. and I repeat that I live ONE HOUR FROM DW.

I've been working a lot of overtime and have been very exhausted. Hopefully I can get a run in tomorrow before going to work.

Later all!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote