Old 05-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #511  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning chicks! Yesterday evening was a bear for me. Food was screaming my name, I was cranky, it was ugly. I'm sure I'm going through a myriad of withdrawals, but I held strong, survived, and today I'm down to 189. What a thrill that is!!

One of the things that bugged me was I lost time. I got involved in answering e-mails (hoofcare, yaknow), cleaning, playing with my horses and dogs, blah blah - and didn't treadmill. Not the ultimate disaster. Really, I needed to give my body a day off anyway. But I think what bugs me is that it wasn't a decision I made, it just happened. Ah well. Today I have a written list. Treadmilling is on it. Right now I feel very good about the path I'm on. My job is so physical that I don't need to worry about adding in weight lifting. I would like to start back with the pilates at some point, because it is just SO darn good for all those core muscles - like all those poor little back muscles I tore to bits. But for right now, I'm just really happy with my plan of action. Water, food, and for the most part exercise, are all really good.

Shad - OMG I LOVE that shirt! So I'm beginning to get the idea that you're only with this twit fellow (unless he gets hit by a piece of moving heavy equipment) for a week or so? Job related and all that. I hope you can resist drowning him, as I'd really miss you on the board if you went to jail.

Rose - If it makes you feel any better (which it probably doesn't) my truck is going on a wing and a prayer, too. One of these days I'll be able to afford a new (or late model, anyway) truck, but till then... especially on the long trips, I swear I hold my breath the whole way.

Ceejay - A friend lost 3 horses to lightning a year ago in her pasture. Another person (friend of a friend) lost three in the barn from lightning last year. This year already a neighbor of a client lost a horse from lightning. I just wish my horses were on MY land (which I don't own yet, but that's beside the point, right?), where I could keep a close eye on them. As it is, after a storm I drive to the barn, which is fortunately close, and check on them. They are, of course, barefoot - and that helps. But still... *shudder*

Mel - You need to come visit me to encourage me to sort and toss. I'm hitting my bedroom today. Maybe I'll get some junk out of there for a change!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #512  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello to all,

Had insomnia last night. Does tossing and turning count as exercise? he he

I weighed this morning and I'm down three pounds. I hope it stays this way.

Got an e-mail from the sister in Dallas and she and her hubby have set dates for us to come to their house. I may have to go a few day's early--it will depend on the gyn appointment.

Madcat--I thought about you last night on America's funniest video's Did you happen to have a bee in you vail. This couple looked like you and your dh.

hope everyone has a great week end.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #513  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Glad you enjoyed the tee-shirt. Yes I am only living in the same house and working with the twit for one more week - actually now only 5 days. There are serpents in Paradise. Better news yet was that another project consultant will be here from Tuesday to Friday so that will help. Tim and I get on really well. So life will improve. The twit is missing out on both breakfast and lunch today since he hasn't got up in time to get to the Mess. In fact as far as I know he hasn't got up yet. He went to bed when we got back from the mine (3.30pm) and when I went down to the club to watch the football at 5.45pm he was still asleep. He was out when I got back at 8.00pm and wasn't home when I went to bed at 10. Makes life easier if we are not joined at the hip.

So today being such a glorious day, I will get off here in a minute and go for a long walk along a beach or two and hope I don't get to see too many of these.

That's the croc from the safety notice a couple of weeks ago. I have some other pics but need to resize them.

I'll leave you with that. Need to go back to the house, grab some coffee and think about where I can go for my walk. There aren't a lot of areas unfortunately.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:57 PM   #514  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Arrow Happy Birthday Lindat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!!!!!

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY BIRTHDAY!!! ENJOY!!

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #515  
Happy September

Question Holy Water Ripples Batman

GEEZ SHAD!!! WHEN THEY SAY DON'T GO NEAR THE WATER I THOUGHT IT MEANT THE TITLE OF AN OLD MOVIE!! :FAINT: CRIPES!!! HE'S A BIG BOY!!
NOW AS TO THE SERPENTS IN PARADISE....DON'T TAKE ANY BITES OUT OF ANY OFFERED APPLES!!! I DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT YOU ENDED UP NAKED AND WEARING FIG LEAVES.....DO THEY HAVE FIG TREES THERE?? BETTER CARRY A TOWEL AROUND WITH YOU IF THEY DON'T

RAVEN~ HAVE CHAIR WILL TRAVEL.....I'LL COME AND SORT!!! 189!!!! WOO HOO!! GOOD FOR YOU. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE THE PC SUCKS THE TIME RIGHT OUT OF MY LIFE!!! ONE DAY I TURNED IT ON AND THERE WERE 52 PIECES OF E-MAIL!!! I HIT "DELETE" A LOT!!

CJ~IF YOU WERE SWEATING WHILE TOSSING AND TURNING THEN WE'LL COUNT IT AS EXERCISE!
HAVE YOU HEARD ANY FURTHER NEWS WITH THE GYN???
I GUESS THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THE NEXT APPT. HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS GREAT TOO!

A CHILLY, WINDY 54 TODAY AND WINDOWS ARE CLOSED. BEFORE I EVEN ATE, I GOT OUT THE SINUS STUFF :
THE KIDS AND I NEVER SPENT SO MUCH TIME TOGETHER,,,,BUT THINGS ARE GETTING DONE AND I WILL ASK ONE OF THE MAINT. MEN TO SHAMPOO MY CARPETS NOW THAT THE FLOOR SPACE IS CLEARED UP.
MIGHT EVEN HELP THE SINUS
TOMORROW IS WALMART SHOPPING. I WOULD LOVE TO BOYCOTT THAT STORE BUT THE MEDS ARE SO MUCH CHEAPER THER FOR JEN AND I THAT I CANNOT AFFORD TO RIGHT NOW. I JUST DON'T LIKE THEIR "STEPFORD WIVES" APPROACH TO THEIR HELP. I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MANY UNHAPPY LOOKING BUT AFRAID SALESPEOPLE.
SIGH.
WELL GIRLS, IM OFF AND HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #516  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Shad ~ I LOVE the t-shirt!! Just a quick note - I've been out of town for a week and just got back last night. DD and cutiepie DGD are all moved in and we're unpacking today.

I've kept up with the at least 20 minutes of walking/running every day and no sugar. When is our 21 days up? I forgot to count it out!!!!!!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:59 AM   #517  
Happy September

sore throat and fever. be back soon. have a great week!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #518  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Sorry to hear you're sick Mel rest up and hope you feel better soon. I made a nice pot of tea for you - decaf of course!

Great T-shirt Shad but even more I was amazed at that croc picture. That was incredible! In fact, I think I'll print a copy of it for display if you don't mind.

Happy belated birthday LindaT - hope you had fun.

Good going on the weight loss Ceejay and Raven!!!!

I did complete a very important personal challenge this weekend. I got organized. My food was planned and portioned out. I know what clothes I am wearing all week long and most of my TV shows are over so no more couch potato. I have a long list of things to do and will - will, not try - do a few each night. The summer heat is upon us - in the 90's with a chance of storms each day. Either ride the bike for a while when I get home or treadmill. I also got my eyes checked this weekend - was having problems focusing. New glasses are ordered. The pool has been opened - should be in swimmable condition (if not still freezing cold) by next weekend which is a long, 3 day holiday weekend

And the wrens are making a nest on the porch again. We had a 12 pack Coca Cola box with only 3 cans of soda left on the shelf and they thought it was the perfect place for a new condo. Even the threat of massive cans of Coke rolling on them didn't deter them. We debated about tossing the box - can we go through this trauma again with the babies? In the end DH removed the remaining cans and put the box on the highest shelf out of harm's (cats) way. Lots of baby birdies in the area cheeping away with their high pitched squeeks. We enjoyed watching them having coffee on the patio this weekend - we had the coffee, not them

Gotta get running now. To those I missed - Carla, Meadow, Linus, Holly, Madcat, Suzi, Java and Rose - a big hello, will catch up tonight. Oops Tig, didn't mean to forget you either...

Last edited by happy2bme; 05-22-2006 at 01:45 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:45 AM   #519  

Default Hello My Friends

Well, I survived the bike ride without any ill effects and it was amazing to be alongside that roaring river...almost at flood stage in many places. This old woman can do 15 miles on her old schwin...I am sure I had one of the oldest bikes there.
I have a pair of robins who arenot making much progress because of the places they keep chosing to build their nest... poor things will just be building and rebuilding all summer with no babies I am afraid.
Shad that was an amazing photo of the croc.... man he is something else. The shirt was so funny tell us if you wear it around the twit!!!!
The weather has cooled off a bit but the wind has been bad. I am trying to do a few things each day too and will try to do my treadmill all week. I might have company coming for the weekend so that would be fun.
Mel sorry to hear you are having a sore throat...not fun! Get well! Hope everyone has a great week and yeah a long weekend to do as we please......
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:38 AM   #520  
Radiate self!

Couldn't sleep so I'm up early 6am, nothing much going on in my little corner of the world. Had a visit with my sister-in-law from over the mountains yesterday (long weekend here in Canada) she is doing Jenny Craig (she has a lifetime membership) and was all gung ho about slimming down. I'm drinking coffee and contemplating my navel.

Mel-oh dear, sore throats hurt. Do you have ginger in the house? can you make yourself a soothing concoction? I have come to the conclusion that it is a wonder drug after it pushed me through my bought of ill earlier this month. Dr. Weil was saying 1 gram, or two pills taken with a meal is a good anti-inflammatory too, so don't just take my word for it This too shall pass, be kind to yourself, rest up, shut off the ringer on the phone, don't answer the door...well only if to firemen

Rose-wonderful 15km bike ride! The rivers here are all cresting too, worries about flooding and people getting too close to the banks. Warnings on every news program to keep kids/animals/yourself well clear.

Happy-organized?! that is one of those rare happenings that seldom happen to me congratulations, I bet it feels very liberating to know everything is sorted and you don't have to worry about what to eat or wear I hope the wrens have better success this time, they must really like your bakers rack, honeymoon hotel for critters, that is your patio

Tig-well done on hiding from the no sugar! and the exercise!

Shad-wow, that is a scary big animal! Nobody goes swimming with things like that lurking in the water do they? Holy smokes You eat in a mess hall? Sounds very military, why isn't the twit being kicked out of bed and made to join everyone? I'm sure you have better digestion without his presence. Do they have decent food choices for you? Is it all macaroni and cheese with jello chasers?

Ceejay-exercising in your sleep? I should try that Well done on the lose, you will keep it off

Madcat-sniff, your honeymoon pictures are so wonderful! Beautiful wedding, that Timbits tier was perfect. How wonderful, did you serve TimHorton's coffee at the reception too? Did Holly gate crash? She is almost as bad as me about the coffee you know

RavenToy-food screaming your name? EEK! Glad you were able to tune them out and see a happy scale number to make you smile

Linus- Your family! Glad you got a moment to peek in, we miss you and think about you often.

Holly-what did you do this weekend? How goes it? You barbecuing yet? did the rain stop? The sun is shining here

Carla-I feel so sorry for P and H. It can't be easy trying to be together with everyone ripping you apart in the press. I hope they stay civil for their daughter's sake. Horrible stuff, so sad.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Linda! Many happy returns
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #521  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

mel--get well soon

Happy--Organization is the key word.

lindaT Happy belated birthday

Shad--Don't let that croc follow you home. What some awesome pictures!

to all the rest Hello

It was a very busy day yesterday and therefore didn't have time to sit down.
I was sick most of the week end, due to the IBS. Don't think it was a stomach virus because of the symptoms. Therefore, not much of anything was done. Got home yesterday and decided it was time to change the a.c. filter but the silly thing was running over. Had to turn it off and call the landlord this morning.

I'm still not 100% up to par.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #522  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Same Croc, now swimming up the creek to catch the unsuspecting birdies. I'll spare you the pics of the deathroll.

Better work on that some more, it is still too big.

Very busy, don't have time to reply to all unfortunately but apart from Mel, sounds like you have all been doing well. Happy especially.

Happy Birthday to LindaT belately. Hope your day went well.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #523  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning...

I took advantage of being in my office at the towers yesterday and did 15 flights of stairs. Not all at once but several times I got up and moved along. Got 2 loads of laundry done and the floors vacumned and washed after I got home from work. We had grilled hamburgers with fresh cut up raw vegetables and some delicious fresh pineapple, grapes and strawberries for dinner. Tonight is grilled chicken.

One of my coworkers claims to have lost 180 pounds in 180 days. That's a pound a day. And he said he wasn't on any diet - just cut back on portions and started using an eliptical. Oh and he got divorced. He did lose a huge amount of weight but I just can't buy the 180 pounds in 6 months thing. Even gastric bypass people don't lose that much that fast.

I want to pack a small gym bag and use the fitness center at the other office today so I should get moving. Keep on truckin' ladies...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #524  

Hello to all...
I cannot believe it! Here we are in supposedly the sunny month of May and I am at home having SOUP for lunch!! Dear me...and I thought the world was meant to be getting warmer!! Ha ha, not here it isn't!!!

I have my summer holiday sorted...well almost. I am going to the New Forest with Richard and Mary (the couple from church) andanother lady who is single. We are going for a week from the 31st July. I really hope the weather is nice and sunny. We are staying in a village a couple of miles from the seaside resort of Lymington. It will certainly bring back loads of memories from my childhood.

Like the t-shirt, Shad!!!

Keep away from those croc- infested beaches!! That one is a whopper...

Mum is ok...86 years old yesterday. She still feels a bit breathless but says it seems to be easing. I think she feels more confident with her new pacer...I think she is trying to get her century!!

Nice to see Linus managed to pop in...I cannot wait till Christopher gets a lot older..like 20 would be good.

Mel I hope you are feeling better by now..summer colds and flu are not helpful at any time of year.
CJ I hope you are feeling better now too. I have a friend who has IBS and she has some terrible times.

Happy...15 flights of stairs!! Coo..well done you!!

Ah well..must go for now...byeeeeeeee
Love from Teel
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #525  

No time to read. I will catch up later with my afternoon tea.
We had a very low key peaceful holiday weekend!

Today is my Monday...

I just remembered some bad news. Hubby’s Mom called late last night to tell us an Uncle had died of a heart attack. He was the second youngest of DFIL brothers. DFIL is the oldest of 6 boys and he is only 70. The funeral will be early this week. Just waiting for the details. Very sad.

Later.....Home from the breakfast meeting. 3 little people here playing well.

I think Uncle A’s death is still sinking in. It was a shocker.

I have much to do but mostly Avon. My final order to go in to see if I make Presidents Club goes in on Wed eve. I have about 2 millons follow up calls to make.

I am not feeling great.I have kids off with a sore throat and my throat is scratchy.

I will start with some calls.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote