Old 05-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #481  
Suzi in Auz

Just a quickee here, had to post quickly as I see your light is all aglow meadow!!! hope you are having a lovely day.
Ohhh You look smashing Mrs Madcat!!! What an adorable couple. Your pics made me envious!!!! I will peek again later for a closer look . I your cake!!!!
Ceejay!...how funny about the days ...well to put your mind at ease it IS Thursday here!
Shad sounds good!!!
Carla hi to you
mel hello too You sound so good today
Rose oh you poor thing on the finger!!! 4lbs!!! wow Go Nae!!!!
Holly sweating smeating .... i know the feeling, i get all grossed out when it starts falling into my eyes!
have wonderful days everyone. I'm off to get Mum and Dad form the airport in a few minutes. I feel Great. Made dinner, made cookies ( for them) and spruced house so it looks divine!
...page 33 wow!
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:20 PM   #482  

Madcat, you looked bee-yoo-ti-full at your wedding. And so happy (both of you). I'm so jealous of the Timbit cake. I don't plan to EVER marry again, but IF, I would go for a Timbit cake. Brilliant idea. I SO wish I had found the energy to crash the nuptials.

Ladies, one of the reasons I stopped posting was that I stopped being funny/entertaining. But some of you get a laugh out of my dire posts, so there's hope yet. Maybe I'll have to stop lurking altogether and post all the time. After all, you are all such lovely ladies, how can I resist?

Meadow! Had Madcat not made things clear, I would never have realized you're a swinger!!! We're just so innocent here in the capital with our blown-out tulips and lunatic right-wing government (with apologies to those who LIKE our government...)

Look what you've done to me. I'm a lurker, damnit, and here you've got me posting at length. Then again, maybe I should blame a first-time foray into scotch whiskey... yumm...

So, do you all think Sir Paul McC will let his hair go grey again now he and his young wife have separated?? Please? He looked so much better!

Yikes. Gotta go.

Last edited by carla49; 05-18-2006 at 07:48 PM.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #483  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Atta girl Carla. I knew something would drag you back into the fold. You don't have to be funny/ entertaining here. You can whinge too. At least one of us may find it funny as well!

DO NOT STOP POSTING - OKAY????
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:27 AM   #484  

My reply post flew into the ether. But I appreciate the appreciation. Then again it may be my new love affair with scotch. My new motto: you can't kill me, I'm already dead. Only partially funny... given my lousy genes I have at most a few more years of this.
Are you SURE you want me to stay out of fat lurker mode?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:16 AM   #485  
Radiate self!

Yep, I keep trying to lose weight but the sneaky stuff keeps finding me

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:10 AM   #486  

Of course we want you out of lurker mode. Maybe the laughter will ease the tears and fears or maybe eke out the years. Shite I'm a poet now.

Slow day today. Didn't find anyone to take me fishing although I fished enough. Don't need to have the twit playing puppy dog all weekend tho'. It's a dilemma. Even worse dilemma is the fact that I will miss the rugby Super 14 semi finals. Hurricanes and Crusaders both in the top 4. Please, please mr rugby god, make the Hurricanes beat the Waratahs on Saturday (again). Can't see the Bulls from SA upsetting my Crusaders but hey. Anything could happen.

Went out to dinner tonight at the A.R.C. The twit opted to eat at the mess. I have this suspicion that he has a great big debt somewhere, somehow. He doesn't like to spend money much. If it is free, it is good enough.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:24 AM   #487  

Posted quick reply instead of going advanced - silly me. Blame it on the wine for dinner.

Speaking of which, today has been a pause day. I've not exercised and have eaten a couple of things I shouldn't. So today is number one day off.

Linus so good to have you back even if for a short while. Love to catch up and glad that Connor is getting out and about with the friends. He's growing up. Let's hope he doesn't get brought home by the cops.

Raven and Turtle - . Hello, welcome back. Please don't stay away too long.

Painter - ditto.

Suzi - to you too. We must organise to meet before I go back to the Sunshine state.

Holly - all power to you.

Ceejay - move that tush. It is so amazing how much better we feel when we stop riding the bike. Maybe it is because we have stopped riding the bike!

Mel - long may the euphoria last. May the gynae problems be a thing of the past and hears hoping the rosacea goes along for the ride.

It's back to the routine tomorrow. More Pilate, more running, more non refined sugar. The food today wasn't bad but there was little or no exercise at all. Soooooooooo................. only about 15 days to go - actually 16. We will get there and soon. See ya.

Does anyone know why my balless mouse will not work on a glass table??
Old 05-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #488  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD THE POOR BALL-LESS MOUSE IS PROBABLY IN AGONY AND WON'T WORK ANYWHERE!!!
GLASS IS REFLECTIVE!!! HENCE THE WORKLESSNESS.
OOPS DOORBELL BRB............

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-18-2006 at 08:42 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:50 AM   #489  
Smackin' into a Wall

Maybe the mouse won't work becuz, really, without balls what is the point???

Umm, Mel is correct, it is probably because the table is transparent and reflective and it is confusing the laser. Try a mouse pad or a peice of paper.

I love it here.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:09 AM   #490  

You are a goddess Mrs Mad!!!! He does clean up well!!! I missed a lot yesterday here!! So happy to see everyone in!!!

I vote for Russia or the Hebredes. No place warm. It will be gross here soon enough..............

A not so busy day. I am taming the paper tiger and filing and tossing as needed.

Doing Grandma's perm tonight.

HUGS!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #491  

The Isle of Skye.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #492  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THIS DAY IS STARTING OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT. TOO MANY INTERRUPTIONS ALREADY. IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO BE NEEDED BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
I REALLY NEED TO CLEAN THIS HOUSE. WHAT A PIG PEN IT'S BECOMING AND MOUNTAINS OF WASH TO BOOT.
THERE ARE NO DRS APPTS TILL JUNE 22 AND JULY 5 SO I HAVE PLENTY OF TIME AND NO EXCUSES!
I SIT HERE DRINKING MY SPIRU-TEIN PROTEIN DRINK. A POWDER THAT ONE OF THE DRS SAID WOULD BE OK. HE SAYS IT WILL REPLACE THE SOY IN THE FOODS AS I GET OFF NS. I CAN ALSO MIX THE DAILY LAXATIVE IN IT. IT'S DISGUISED....LOL THE POWDER ARRIVED YESTERDAY. I HAD TO ORDER IT.
TASTES PRETTY GOOD AS FAR AS THOSE SHAKES GO.
I AM NOT EVEN DRESSED YET!! MAYBE I'LL JUST STAY THIS WAY AND CLEAN.
HAPPY THURSDAY!

MEADOW~ I SEE A LOT OF HELLOS TO EVERYONE BUT NO INFO ON HOW YOU FEEL!!! :jug:

HOLLY IS SWEATING...TO THE OLDIES?????

CEEJAY~ I CRACKED UP ABOUT THE MIX UP. I DID THAT A FEW MONTHS BACK. THOUGHT IT WAS FRIDAY AND GOT READY TO GO SHOPPING.....GOOD THING THEY GO ON THURSDAY TOO!!! HOPE THE DRS APPT GOES WELL!!

LINUS~ OMG NOW I AM REALLY GOING TO FALL OUT OF THE CHAIR!!! SO NICE TO SEE YOU HERE AND TO HEAR ABOUT THE FAMILY!! MY DEAR EASTERN FRIEND. KISS THEM ALL FROM AUNT FANNIE!!

CARLA~ (AKA CLARA ) I DON'T KNOW WHY I ALWAYS CALL YOU CLARA. THER IS ONE THAT LIVES HERE IT'S BETTER TO BE HERE AND LET SOMEONE KNOW HOW YOU REALLY FEEL INSTEAD OF HIDING IT ALL INSIDE. I KNOW CAUSE I AM THE COMEDIENNE MYSELF(SP) BEING ALONE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS CAN MAKE THEM EVEN DARKER...SO LET THEM OUT IN THE LAND OF CHICKLETTE SUNSHINE!! WITH US THEN YOU'LL HAVE NO NEED OF THE SCOTCH!
SENDING SOME TO YOU.

SUZI~ COME AND SPRUCE UP MY HOUSE TOO!!!

HAPPY~ IS THE POOL READY??? GET OUT THOSE TINY LITTLE UMBRELLAS FOR OUR DRINKS!!! IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!! TELL DH I LIKE MY STEAKS MEDIUM RARE!!! I LIKE TO CHASE MY BEEF AROUND THE PLATE!!

SHAD~ THE THOUGHT OF YOU LEAVING UNDIES AROUND THE HOUSE CRACKED ME UP BUT CARLA HAD GREAT IDEAS! THIS GUY SOUNDS A RIGHT PIP. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE ANYWAY. SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO KEEP OUR SHAD OCCUPIED!!!

MADCAT~ I WRITE THIS LAST BECAUSE THE SIGHT OF YOUR PICS BROUGHT HAPPY TEARS TO MY EYES. YOU BOTH LOOKED BEAUTIFUL ......BE HAPPY MY FRIEND. HE IS A REAL KEEPER!! OOOH LA LA HUNKY!
I LOVED THE DRESS. YOU MADE A GORGEOUS BRIDE.
THINGS ARE A BIT BEHIND SCHEDULE HERE IN THE STATES SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN SOMETHING GETS SHIPPED OUT. IT REALLY WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK.

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #493  
Student of the Hoof

*hugs everyone*

MC - Ok, I admit, I'm an emotional twit. Those pictures put a tear in my eye. I remember when you posted that you'd actually set a date and all. Seriously that made my jaw drop. And there you are! All in a white dress and married and everything! Wow. Maybe if I ever get my **** together, ye olde BF and I will do the same thing.

Mel! I have missed you! Your house cannot begin to compare to mine, so don't fret. Long story - but new rescue dog, new ex-brood ***** combined with irresponsible son - carpet equals absolutely disgusting. I wish that were it. Slowly I'm starting to get a handle on the house again. And when I say slowly, I do mean s-l-o-w-l-y! But hey, progress is progress. So if you mope about your house being dirty, beware - I may just have to send you pictures of mine to make you feel better. Have you ever thought of trying Apple Cider Vinegar in your diet?

Carla - I don't know you, but it sounds like we have some things in common. Years and years of intense moods. Very intense. But! I have found something that really helps. It sucks, but it helps. (Well, other than having horses, that is.) Exercise. Regular, consistent exercise. Maybe you're already doing that - if so, my apologies. But more than anything else, getting moving got my head turned around. It took a few years (uhm... ok, several years) but it worked. I'm stilly moody and antisocial and a cranky old ***** - but I'm no longer (most of the time) homicidal or suicidal. Always a plus. Remember, you're not here to provide entertainment. You're here to process crap in your head. It isn't always pretty. Stay. Post. You aren't alone.

Jeez Louise you guys post a lot when a girl is gone for a day!

I was 2 hours south of home yesterday trimming pretty much all day. Not a whole lot of horses, only 9 total. But the drive between barns sucks up so much time. But I was GOOD! This is a huge success for me. No stops at Sonic (omg cranberry limeade! *swoon*), no ice cream, junk food, nothing. Water, lots and lots of water. Yogurt, banana. I was gone a lot longer than I thought I would be, and found myself way light on food and drink. Next time I'll know better. Got home and though it was healthy, over ate. No harm, no foul - no weight gained. Drank lots of water when I got home.

Who was it that said they didn't like to break a sweat? I literally run sweat when I'm working. First time in my life without, like, being on a treadmill for an hour. I can feel it run down my arms, run down my face... it's actually kind of cool. But lordy I need to drink a lot.

Shad! It's always fun to read your posts. I know I could read back, but... yeah ok I'm lazy. I'm not sure who the twit is, but he sounds like he could do with a good wake up about how to win friends and influence people.

Hollyhock - Woah! What a gorgeous pic!

Ok, so I'm not exactly sure what's on the program for me today. I have some trimming this afternoon, need to leave around 3 or so to get there. It's only three horses, two of which are cake, the third is a lovely Clydesdale mare with serious 'tude who really doesn't want to hold her feet for me. She swings those front ones out so far when she's pulling away that she's already nailed her owner once in the groin when he was holding her for me. I *told* him to stay on the other side. So yep, she's a workout for me.

I really want to get on the treadmill today for at least a 30 minute walk. It will do me good after yesterday. My arthritis is definitely worse, trimming takes it's toll. But I love it so much that the pain is more just an inconvenience than anything else. And the walking really helps. Gets the blood flowing, and circulation is a big healer. Ok, I'm rambling. Time to do the dishes (if I can find the kitchen) and toss a load of laundry in, and convince myself to get on the treadmill.

It's so good to be back! I missed you all so much!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Did not go to Jonesboro today. Got out to the car and had a low tire so had to have that fixed before I went anywhere. And these are new tires. I think this one is going to be a lemon. My next dr's appointment is June 29--Think I'll scratch that one and use my regular doctor.

Holly--I do like that picture.

Raven--Proud that you didn't stop by Sonic, which is one of my favorite places to stop.

Mel--I have to eat at least 30 grams of fiber to stay regulated. By doing this I about have the IBS cleared up also. I also have "fiber" tea which was a big hit at the weight loss center I went to last year.

Madcat--You wedding gown was as beautiful as the bride. I loved the pictures. Glad you are back home.

Hello- to all the rest. I've been on here to long and it may not post.

It did post but signed me out, better be gratful it didn't vanish into cyber space.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #495  

Thank you all for your warm support. To my enormous surprise, I woke up this morning without the little black cloud that's been hanging over me for so long. (And speaking of hangovers, scotch is off the menu around here forever.) I do know I don't have to be entertaining. But when I have nothing funny or sarcastic to say it's a clear sign all is not well in Clara-land.

Also, apologies for a little freudian slip I discovered in my post from last night. I've corrected, but was very surprised to find I had referred to Paul McCartney's wife as his "twinkie"! I must have been dwelling on the little predator my husband replaced me with. I have nothing against poor Heather and did not intend to malign her.

Raven, you're quite right that exercise would fix me up. I've been very slothful for some time now, partly because of foot problems but mainly because of the blues. Hard to believe now, but as recently as 2.5 years ago I was still doing a lot of distance running and hiking. My most recent excuses have been work, business trips and bad weather. Starting tomorrow the inactivity will end. (Still a little too post-scotch fragile to start tonight...) I also intend to make an effort to stop avoiding social situations before I lose all the friends I've been avoiding.

Mel, you're such a dear to send me hugs. They made me feel all warm and fuzzy. And you can call me Clara anytime.

Shad, I've thought of various ways of tormenting the twit so he keeps his distance, but since this is a polite site... if I think of anything both legal and postable I'll let you know. I do think draping bits of non-sexy undies on furniture in common areas will freak him out. Of course your own sexy lingerie might actually turn him on, so save those thongs and lacy push-up bras for someone more deserving... Sorry to hear you'll miss the footie.

Ta-ta ladies. Gotta eat something.