Old 05-24-2006, 06:24 AM   #526  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Still on track with no sugar and 20+ minutes of running a day. Am I doing this by myself?
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #527  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Tig,

No, you're not alone. I'm right there with you. I think Shad is too, just busy as can be. I did walking yesterday. It's getting downright hot now, good thing there's stairs to do in one building and inside walking at the long buildings at the other campus.

Yesterday I got home from work and washed the car - outside and in but forgot to vacumn the interior before I got the driveway all wet so that will have to wait. Cleaned out 4 flowerpots worth of old weedy growth from last year - another trip to the garden center for the weekend (===> this is hubby ====> this is me ) I also helped DH haul bags of yardwaste from the pool area down to the curb, grilled chicken, made potato salad, got 2 loads of laundry done and cleaned and dusted one room. It felt good to get some things done and not feel the guilt of spending the evening as a couch potato. Oh and I probably made 100 trips outside to chase away the blackbirds from the feeders. They are most annoying - the come in gangs, terrorize the other birds and empty 2 feeders in as many days. I told DH to fill the bigger feeder with safflower seeds which they won't eat. They can't get on the other feeder because it's weighted and closes when they land on it. The wrens are going to town in their Coca Cola condo box. The pool temp was 75 degrees yesterday, a few more days in the 90's and I hope it will be near 80 by the weekend. That's still kind of cold for me - we have shade around the pool which keeps it cooler - I'm trying to convince DH to get a solar pool cover AND a hammock for the deck

Time to get rolling, later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #528  

Well...it seems it is going to be one of those weeks...........

Woke up with a sore throat, pounding head and aching ears. Came down and our bunny was dead. The cat puked everywhere and i hadn't had a coffee yet.
Making arrangements to get to DUncles funeral.................
I have 4 kids here once DS leaves for school. 2 may come but were off sick yesterday.
I will do the bare minimum today ie-tidy kitchen and then do tons of Avon calls and ordering.

I will take some meds, have a nice breaky and hope the day brightens up.
It IS beautiful outside.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #529  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Ladies! Been MIA partly due to slothful long weekend and partly due to complete digestive system breakdown that hit Monday. Not sure if it was food poisoning or stomach flu, just know it was NOT pretty. I will spare you further details.

Onwards and upwards ~

Raven ~ I know what you mean completely when you talk about time slipping away. Same thing happened to me on the weekend. I intended to get my bike out and the next thing I knew the sun was setting in the west. I think this is why I am such a fan of early morning workouts. Get it over with before the slippage hits.

Ceejay~ Congrats on your loss. And no bee in my veil… though I did spill chocolate on myself at midnight. And I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy until you do.

Shad~ I also loved the t-shirt! Man, that is one long croc. I think what is so scary is how prehistoric they look. Should we start a countdown of the days until you are twit free?? Ok, so an “ethical hack” is when a company hires a third party to attempt to break into their network. In the perfect world, they won’t be able to do anything that threatens security. If they do manage to break in, the hackers submit a report of all the bad things they could have been able to do, if they were not so darn “ethical”. I suspect, these are the kinds of companies that real computer geeks get jobs with. This is something banks do for fun!

Mel~ Walmart’s stepford approach to help?? LMAO!!! That is great. I hear they are not the best employees to work for. There was one Walmart in Quebec that had a union vote … strangely enough the head office shut that Walmart down due to “lack of sales” shortly after. Feel better, Melly-mel!!!

Tig~ Good going on the 21 day thing. You keep going!

Happy ~ I love the story of the wren’s coke condo. Excellent work on the stairs. They say every little bit helps. Good going!

Rose ~ Good work on the bike ride. It sounds lovely. Dependable old bikes are sometimes the best.

Meadow ~ nope no Tim’s coffee at the wedding. A friend of mine (who was a wedding guest) told her local Tim’s Manager about the cake and she wants us to send pictures into the head office. This could be one of those heart-warming commercials. Heck, we should have asked them to sponsor us!

Tell~ Your planned vacation sounds lovely.

Holly~ So sorry about your uncle. It’s sad when things happen so suddenly. Hang in there. Feel better soon.

OK, I better get back to work. Yikes! I need to get my life in order. Get back on track with the eating. Keep doing the gym. Get organized. Write thank you cards. Get by bike on the road (with my fat butt on it). Now that the “dread wedding” is over, I no longer have that excuse. What am I waiting for?

Life is passing by, 'Cat. Don't let it.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #530  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Sorry, Happy and Tig, I have fallen off the challenge. And even worse I started letting the twit get to me. I have now changed my ways, but I won't go back to the challenge until I get back to the 'Gong on Saturday. I was begining to wonder who would lend me bail money on Sunday. Fortunately Tim is now here to intercede and keep the peace (and he is good at it - a Kiwi with his head properly screwed on). I won't bore you with tales of the twit, suffice to say that he has blotted his copybook in a couple of areas and then went merrily out on a drive into an area which requires a pass/ permit - which of course he did not have. Since my name is on the car hire, I was 'approached' about the problem. It seems he was also climbing on a sacred site. Then he brought the car home almost empty of fuel and we had words as to who was to pay for the next lot of fuel.

Anyway, I am out of here tomorrow, on the red-eye special Saturday morning, and back in Wollongong by Saturday afternoon. I'm told they like me up here and will ask to have me sent back. I have requested that I don't have to live with the twit in future visits but other than that I would be happy to come back.

Meantime DS2 has been busy in the house. He tells me he has put the bathroom cabinet in the wall and is installing the wooden top to the vanity. Yesterday he was thinking about putting in the basin in the vanity. I look forward to seeing the results when I get home the weekend after next.

I'd better go sort out the class. My next lot should be here in about 10 minutes.

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #531  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Shad ~ I am having extra rough days at work. I'll gladly take on twit for you - send him this way. I'll put him to work and feed him to our users... he'll never know what hit him! They're hungry piranhas looking for someone new - they've pretty much worn down most of my team! Oh yeah, I love my job.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:17 PM   #532  

I made PC. I am gauranteed 45% earning on everything I order for 12 months and I get an award and gift etc........there are other bonuses.

I can breathe a little. At least i could if my nose wasn't plugged up.

HUGS dear friends!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:11 PM   #533  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Tig and Shad--It must be in the stars because it seems like everyone is having a bad day at work. Me included, but tonight I left work on a perfect note from the boss.

Holly--Congratulations. You have worked hard and deserve that 45 % earning.

Happy--Glad the little birds are enjoying their coke cola condo.

Rose--Hello

I like Tig's quote that the average person is overweight. Striving to be skinny. I'd be happy just to loose 10 pounds.

Will be getting organized tomorrow to get back on the wagon Friday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:15 AM   #534  
Choose your hard

Congrats on your Avon successes Holly. Sorry to hear about your losses tho.

Tig, I had a job like yours once. Where the end users just loved to chew those of us who supported them to bits - and were enthusiastically encouraged to do so. It was brutal and I'm glad it's a dim memory. The hardest part was keeping the spirits of the team up each day. No wonder you are a runner

Shad, not only will I send you bail money but I will also provide you with an airtight alibi. That twit is just amazing. I don't know how you kept your composure. He should be fed to your friend at beach side. And how DARE he take the car and not fill up the gas tank It's good that you are recognized for your training abilities. Or is it that you make things appear from nothing and work 18 hour days that they like? I think I would enjoy sitting in on one of your classes.

Madcat, sorry to hear you were sitting on the "I'm not feeling well" side of the fence. So, for those of us not lucky enough to have a Tim Hortons, I take it that your wedding cake was made up of Tim's doughnut holes or something like that? Get your bike out, I'm peddling my way to you - just not very quickly -- huff, huff

I'm hoping that I can get everything I need to done tomorrow so I can take Friday off and have a 4 day weekend. There are so many projects I want to get started on - and finished. Tired of thinking about them and never getting rolling on them. Finishing all my work tomorrow is also a lofty goal.

I need a haircut too. My hair is too long and I pull too much out when I wash and dry it. Of course I say this AFTER I bought barettes and hair thingies for longer hair.

Hello Teel, nice of you to check in. How are Mel, Ceejay and Meadow doing - feeling better? Raven and Painter, get back in here. You too Carla. Whatever became of the eagles Rose - did they lose all the eggs?

Ok, I'm going to bed now to try and get an earlier start tomorrow. Night all...
Old 05-25-2006, 08:41 AM   #535  

Default morning all

Greetings to everyone today and soon a weekend with a holiday thrown in...yipppeeee. Brownie has left me high and dry again last night so I will have to walk down the hill to work. Even though it is my day off I have so many undone things to do there as well as home. Toby will be 1 on June 2nd and his hair was just out of control so he got a shave yesterday and looks so different but I can tell he is liking the cool feeling. It was more tramatic for me than him I am sure.
I am sort of panicky about having company coming this weekend because I feel so unprepared on several levels but oh well...... my place is really starting to overwhelm me especially since I haven't been able to even mow my lawn.... yes it looks horrible.
Thanks for asking about the eagles Happy ....the former nest has been abandoned because both eggs were lost due to factors we will never know for sure but the thinking that the mated pair of eagles might be too old to provide viable eggs. The owner knows that they have successfully breed 19 times with healthy babies but have been failing the past two years. It was a world wide painfull sense of loss. The man who is provided the intimate look into a nest went on a search with the help of a tv station in vancover and used their helicopter to find anest with fledgings already hatched. So the web site if back up and running on anew nest with two off spring...it is so fun to watch them. Here is the linkhttp://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/default.asp
Well, my weight remained the same this week so I will try to do more treadmill this week and keep at it....
I have hummingbirds already at my feeders and I just love them so much. Wish you could all come over and take a hke and just enjoy the view from my deck....
Take care everyone and blessings
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:07 AM   #536  

Avon has a scale out that measures bone mass, weight, body fat and hydration level. I ordered one. I am actually feeling like i can focus on me more. I have been doing the body sculpt dvd. I am definitely eating less and not snacking at night.
It feels good to have acheived a major goal with Avon.

Kids launched. Having a poached egg with ham and cheese on toast. YUM!!! Food hasn’t tasted like anything for 3 days! Need sometihng to stick to my ribs. The cold is moving along quickly.I need to dig a hole this aft. The kids want to bury Cotton after school. Visitation for Uncle A tonight.Funeral tomorrow.

Beaucoup cleaning and tidying to do!!!!

I am glad Taylor won Idol but Bucky rocks my gypsy heart!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:00 AM   #537  

Happy----Hello I see your egglight is on
Old 05-25-2006, 11:27 AM   #538  

Just lost another post. I'm getting a little aggravated.

I'm starting the south beach diet today and have ridden the bike for 4 miles.

More later
Old 05-25-2006, 12:46 PM   #539  
Choose your hard

Hi Ceejay -
I've noticed it keeps dropping my log in lately too. Good luck with the South Beach diet - I really like their prepackaged frozen pizzas and morning breakfast wraps. Convienient to pack with lunches - just add a salad or some veggies and you get a healthy, low carb meal. And you get to eat peanut butter and apples on South Beach - yum!!!!

You have encouraged me to get on the bike again - but I'll have to get up early and go because it's sure getting warm out there!

Wow Nae, it never occurred to me that as birds age their eggs could/would get more fragile. I thought it was more environmental things (ie. pollution) that affected the eggs.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #540  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

I think our new motto is Airtight Alibis Are Provided As Needed. I am really looking forward to the upcoming holiday. I'm working tomorrow, but only us techies are working so makes it bearable. I'm still keeping up with 20 minutes plus of running a day. I did allow myself honey today. I declared the one pause day since we started. Does anyone remember when we started and when we're supposed to stop? Oh, bother...details is not my strong suit...