Old 05-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #346  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

AND GOD SAID LET THERE BE INTERNET AND SHAD APPEARED!!
WE'LL BE LUCKY IF YOU DON'T GET A PICTURE OF THE 4 FOOTER EATING THE OWL!!! LET'S HOPE THE CROC DOESN'T TAKE TO WALKING IN THE TOWNSHIP ALSO!!!
MY LIFE IS INTERESTING BECAUSE OF YOUR JAUNTS!! GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE THIS MORNING.

SUZI~ CROCS AND BREAKFAST....STRANGE COMBO NO? GOOD FOR YOU AND THE BIKE RIDING. I DO LOVE THAT FEELING. ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, GO!!!! I AM READY TO RACE!

HOLLY~ HOPE YOU ARE ALL BETTER NOW AND THE DD CAN LEARN TO MAIL HER DELIGHTS!!! FROZEN OF COURSE!

HELLO MISS HAPPY......I DON'T SEE ANYONE'S LIGHT AS USUAL

MEADOW???? NAE????? CEEJAY?????? PAINTER????? TURTLE GIRL????? TIG WAS JUST HERE. LINUS????? TEEL?????? CARLA?????
WE SEEM TO HAVE A LOT OF MIAS!!

IT IS COLD OUTSIDE NOT SURE WHAT THE TEMP IS BUT COLD, DAMP AND GREY! I WILL FIND SOMETHING WARM TO DO INSIDE. THE MIND IS NOT FUNCTIONING THIS MORNING SO I'LL BE BACK TOMORROW!
HAPPY TUESDAY!

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:03 AM   #347  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Mel, who says you never catch anyone with their light on
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:14 AM   #348  
Choose your hard

"Don't miss the beach". See, I would totally misinterpret that as make sure you don't MISS (walking) on the beach and would probably come face to face with that humongous croc. EEEKK. Well Shad, you've been to some lovely and maybe rather average places, but this sounds like one of the most unusual and interesting. Way cool to see Mr. Owl. I look forward to more stories.

Thank you Mel for giving us an update earlier. Would have missed and been worried if our Shad had joined the MIAs.

I know some folks don't post everyday but don't tell me Meadow has joined that team too.

I have received an email - my food is packed an on it's way. Should arrive tomorrow. Freezer is being cleaned out. Yesterday I took the bike out for a spin. I knew I was weak but whoa. I barely managed 15 minutes. DH was out pulling weeds and said "I'll go with you". I said no, I can't keep up with you -will take me at least a week of "practice" before I can go for even what he considers a minimal ride. We have gentle rolling rises around here - wouldn't call them hills but there's enough "hills" around my neighborhood to give you a good workout - even if you do have 10 gears. It's May 1, I promised to try harder this month. Will go out each night and push for a little more.

I was crusing down a hill with the wind blowing through my hair and I did think as Suzi mentioned - what a GREAT feeling. Then I rounded the corner and had to pump up hill again

That's enough for now. Be back tonight. Have a good one all.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #349  

Default Hey Everyone

I have missed somuch on here...birthday celebrations, wedding plans, travelling all over, new discoveries...wow you gals are busy. Best Wishes to all of you no matter what is happening in your worlds. My mom came to visit and I got to see her hand for the first time and it is very changed but she is lucky in many ways. During her stay I gave her 4 treatments and she was thrilled with the progress she made in that short time. It was fun to spend time with my mom and her new hubby.
My computer time is just off these days and no time I guess, have been obessed with watching the mated pair of eagles off Hornby island but it appears the eggs are not viable for hatching.... so the world watching is mourning. Nature is difficult at times.
I will be leaving for a short and whirlwind car trip this week to see my son and then over to see ex-inlaws and a dance recital of my sis inlaws..... always wanted to see it so I just made the plunge. Trying to do a few things like that on my new years lists.
Well, I do hope this finds all well and enjoying all the moments in life. I think of you all often and sorry for being MIA for a while. Iwill try to catch up upon my return home.
Blessings to each of you and your families....
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #350  

Love the WORLDLY CHICKS!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #351  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Nae ~ your egg is LIT!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #352  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Whew ~ a quick post that was.

Happy ~ I am very interested to hear how you like your new diet. It does sound very interesting. There are some that have the personal chef and this does sound like the alternative. Just like Mel's NS!

nae ~ the dance recital of the Sisinlaw sounds like a lot of fun. what kind of dance? the girl in the office next to me is a dancer. I need to go to one of her shows one of these times. Sometimes I catch her dancing in the halls. What fun! makes me grin.

We received an email at work reminding us that it is alligator mating season and an alligator was spotted at a pond near one of the buildings at the office. I didn't think much of it. It's just that time of year. Look under your car before approaching time of year. I forgot that it might not be normal in the rest of the world. hmmm. Until I read Shad's post about the croc at the beach and said, oh. Right. Well, when we encroach on the animals' habitat... we really shouldn't be surprised that the animal is there. That's why we don't let the dogs outside of the fence when they bark at night to go investigate. Sometimes it's an armadillo. Sometimes it's a snake. But it might be something else. I'm not going to go check and they aren't allow to either - much as they would like to. Boy, I sure got on MY soap box, didn't I? Didn't mean to. Sorry. Just consider it an alternate point of view.

Tomorrow is New Motorcycle Day. I'll bet Slim doesn't sleep tonight. Christmas Eve in May!

More later!!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #353  
Choose your hard

Tig - your egg is lit!

Slim, waiting for the Harley dealership to open

Last edited by happy2bme; 05-02-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:05 AM   #354  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Busy day, can't chat as I need to pack up and go catch the bus back to town. Nothing exciting here. I can still intimidate the miners!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #355  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TRYING TO AVOID 5 POP UPS JUST TO GET ON AND THEN ANOTHER ONE JUST TO POST!! THEY ALMOST FREEZE MY SCREEN WITH MY DIAL-UP!! OK THAT WAS A 1/2 MINUTE RANT.

TIG~ I MUST BE CHOPPED CHICKEN LIVER. NOT EVEN A FOR OLD MELLIE.

NAE~ POOR MOM. GLAD YOU BOTH HAD SOME TIME TOGETHER AND HOPE SHE CONTINUES TO IMPROVE. ENJOY THE TIME WITH DS AND THE INLAWS. THANK GOD MINE MOVED BACK TO CANADA. MY PC HAS YET TO LOAD THAT EAGLE SIGHT. I TRY ALL THE TIME BUT IT STAYS BLANK. BUT THEN IT'S GETTIN 3 MILLION HITS!! KEEP ME POSTED. THEY'RE WATCHING IT ON THE NS WEBSITE ALSO. HAVE A SAFE TRIP

HAPPY~ CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RIDING! HOPE THE HILLS GET EASIER WITH TIME.
I ALWAYS HATED HILLS TILL I GOT MOTORIZED! NOW I JUST ZIP UP AND DOWN THEM!!! MAYBE I SHOULD SEND YOU A MOTOR!!!! YOU MUST BE GETTING EXCITED ABOUT THE IMPENDING FOOD DELIVERY!! I AM!!! LOL LET ME KNOW ALL THE DETAILS! INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS.

STILL EXERCISING AND TRYING FOR THE GOLD MEDAL IN 100% DAYS THIS MONTH. NOT SURE WHAT IS WRONG BUT MY FEET SWELLED UP FOR 2 DAYS NOW AND THEY HURT. TODAY IS BETTER. I THINK IT WAS THE CALORIE FREE ICE TEA AS THAT WAS THE ONLY THING CHANGED. BUT THAT'S OK CAUSE MY STOMACH DIDN'T LIKE IT ANYWAY AND I WASN'T CRAZY OVER THE TASTE.
BACK TO WATER! I GOT THE WORD AND THE 2 CHAIRS ARE COMING HOME FRIDAY. HOPE THEY'RE FIXED RIGHT!
OK THE LAUNDRY ROOM IS CALLING. CIAO FOR NOW!!
HAPPY HUMP DAY!

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #356  
Choose your hard

Morning ladies,

We're getting a little sparse around here. Well, sometimes that happens.
Hi Mel, I see you're on now. Nose is sniffling today - will the sinuses ever clear????

I did the bicycle yesterday after I got home. Whew, what a challenge but I did add a few more minutes over Monday's ride. We're eating to clean out the freezer which I don't really like. Can't find much in there that sounds interesting, in fact some things are in the "I can't eat THAT" category for taste and caloric content. So they got pitched into the trash. My diet food should arrive today, if so I will start the program tomorrow right from breakfast. Will let you know how it progresses. One of the benefits of this program is that I am supposed to be tracking everything - fats and carbs and calories. It appears that everything is labeled on the foods and since you hardly eat anything off program, that should make tracking easier. They say you can have a small glass of lowfat milk per day and I have already decided that I will have a small serving of low sugar fruit once a day as a supplement. You don't get fruit on this plan for some reason and if I don't get enough fruits, vegetables and water, I will not be a happy person. And I will cut back to one small cup of coffee in the morning. Not sure I could totally give up coffee completely. And it's off the Coca Cola again.

With that and exercise every day that darn scale had BETTER move!!!!

There goes Shad, the mad trainer of Groote

Tig, hope your weather is lovely, go enjoy that new bike. Good point about us adapting to the local wildlife as we encroach on THEIR territory.

Mel, it looks like a little bit of better weather is headed your way, at least for a day or two. Get out and enjoy it.

Hi Nae and Holly and the rest of the crew. Off to work now...
Old 05-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #357  

Hi girls!
Yes it is I...posting at last!
It is a beautiful day here in England with a lovely warm sunshine and blue sky. I cannot believe we are in to May already...next month it is my birthday month!!
I haven't any particular news but thought I had better look in and post after getting a beating from Shad on the phone the other evening for being MIA for so long...so here I am !!
The new hobby of card making is still going strong...I have done nearly half of 50 Easter cards ordered for next year so I have been really busy...keeps me out of mischief.
Mum is going into hospital this coming Sunday to have replacement batteries in her pacemaker. I really hope she doesn't get all panic-stricken like she normally does whilst in hospital. As this is a planned admission I am hoping she will be cool, calm and collected. Because of the Warfarin she has been advised she may have to stay in for three nights.I am hoping for a miracle and she will be out after 1 night on the evening of the operation.

Well I think that is all for now...hello to all...take care everyone....
Love from Teel xx
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #358  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Hello to My Dear Darling SWEETIE CHOPPED LIVER

Hey Teel!

I got "thank you for the motorcycle" flowers at work today. Lots of people came to ask me what the occasion was. I said "Oh, I bought my husband a motorcycle today." You'da LOVED seeing the jaws drop! heh heh Happy, I showed Slim his waiting-for-the-dealership and he said the was there only 15 minutes early.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #359  
Radiate self!

Hello chicks of the world,

I'm sick. Throwing up, cramps, coming through it now thanks to some ginger tea and my mother-in-law dropping off some ginger ale to keep me going. I'm all whoozy and have no energy. I will post to you all when I can focus better
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:28 AM   #360  
Smackin' into a Wall

I believe I just had my first official wedding stress dream. Dreamed that the guitarist didn't show and I ended up having to get married to funeral music. Yeah, nothing Freudian about that, is there? Wedding is under control though. Mostly I just want it to happen. I think the waiting makes me crazy. I am out of work at 1:45 this afternoon and then officially on vacation - if contractors can be said to be having vacation instead of "unemployment". The auditors tried to convince me it was VITAL I come to some meeting on a document I wrote, but I am holding firm.

WOW… chatty bunch.

Holly~ Poor girl. I hope you and the rest of yoru family are feeling better. Don't panic about the footcare class. You'll be terrific. Sounds as if you may have had your own Beltane fire. My vote is always to go out in the garden. Spring here is so brief and so magical. Hey, do you guys get hit with the blackflies?

Tig~ I love hearing how excited Slim is about his new toy. The part about having to come up with excuses to go visit made me laugh out loud. Can completely understand it. I hope you both have a huge amount of fun with it.

Happy~ How scary about the armed robbery. Makes you think how random acts can happen when you least expect it. The hard part is trying not to let it spook us. Frightening though. I agree with your comment to Mel. I think dieting would be so much easier if someone just told us what to eat for a while. Let us know how the program goes. Good work on the biking. You will be amazed how quickly you process. You might even get addicted.

And yes, shoes are broken in (or it might be my feet that are broken in). The honeymoon is a week in London – and not the one Holly lives near, but the big one in England. Have I not mentioned that before? Goofy me.

Mel ~ I love the idea of you tooting along to the mall with the wind in your hair, though. Re pop-ups. You should maybe think about installing the Google toolbar? It manages to block most pop-ups for me. Are you still using AOL? 'cuz I'm not sure how it would (or if it would) work with that, but it might be worth a try.

Suzi ~ you'll get wedding details, don't worry! As for the honeymoon comment, hey STBDH (soon-to-be-Dear-Husband) and I have lived together for 4 years. How frightening can they be?? Ok, maybe you don't want to know. Honestly, at this very moment I am mostly looking forward to some extra sleep Hmm, I doubt we'll need sunscreen in London – but I am taking an umbrella. Ok, yes, I'll pack sunscreen too. Last time I was there, there was some sort of record heat wave and I didn't have the right clothing with me. Of course, I had just had my luggage stolen off a train – so my wardrobe was somewhat limited… You make me wish I had my bike out. Put a few K in for me, will you?

Shad~ Funny but I assumed the 4 metre beauty was a Shark. A croc, huh? That is pretty cool. 4 metres though? Holy crud! That is a lot of potential handbag. Hope the job is going along well. Pictures would be really cool.

Teel~ Wishing good luck to your mom. Hope it is not too bad for her.

Rosebush ~ I heard a man being interviewed on CBC the other day and he said there was some hope the last egg might be viable. I hope so. It would be sad if it isn't. Apparently the website has some real fans out there.

Meadow ~ get well soon! Poor dear. Drink fluids.

Anyway, the cats are tearing around like mad things (madcats, get it??) and the alarm will be going off soon. Guess I should head off. I'll try to get back in to post again before tomorrow. I'll probably need something to do tomorrow before the running around starts.

Take care all! Have a wonderful day whatever you are doing.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote