Old 04-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #271  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Thumbs up Made Some Headway

AFTER A GOOD CRY THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES. I WENT FOOD SHOPPING. WILLY AND JIMMY HELPED ME WITH STUFF ALL MORNING. THE MAINT. SUPERVISOR IS ON VACATION. BEFORE I LEFT I PUT IN CALLS FOR THE OB/GYN DEPARTMENT. ANY NUMBER I COULD FIND, I CALLED. LEFT MESSAGES EVERYWHERE. AFTER LUNCH WAS OVER A NURSE CALLED ME. WE DISCUSSED MY LAST 6 YEARS AND IT'S ALL CONFIRMED IN MY RECORD ON THE COMPUTER. EVERYTHING IS DOCUMENTED THERE. SHE PRINTED IT OFF AND PUT ME ON HOLD....FOREVER!!! THEN I SPOKE TO A DR ON A 3-WAY AND I HAVE AGREED TO STAY OFF THE MEDS, LET THE "PROBLEM" GROW IN INTENSITY SO THEY CAN TAKE BIOPSIES, SCRAPINGS AND ANOTHER PAP SMEAR. ANOTHERWORDS, START FROM SQUARE ONE. THE APPT IS SET FOR MAY 15. GOD HELP ME I HOPE I CAN HOLD ON THAT LONG. BUT I NEED TO BE OFF THE MEDS FOR ALMOST A MONTH. FUNNY THING IS, I SUGGESTED THIS A HUNDRED TIMES IN THE LAST FEW YEARS AND NO ONE ELSE LISTENED. I LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS NEW DOCTOR. SHE ACTUALLY LISTENS AND IS DETERMINED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS....NO PUN INTENDED SEEMS LIKE I SPENT THE ENTIRE DAY ON THE PHONE AND I AM EXHAUSTED. PUTTING THE "GRANDSON" TO SLEEP AND GOING TO LIE DOWN WITH A MAGAZINE AND MY BRITISH SITCOMS.
SENDING LOVE AND TO EVERYONE TONITE AND WILL READ TOMORROW! HOPE WE ALL HAVE GREAT WEEKENDS.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #272  
Radiate self!

Wonderful news Mel, finally something good, progress! I'm so happy for you

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Oh yeah
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #273  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

WHAT A WONDERFUL SMELLIE YOU!!!

I am VERY excited about the new doc and the most intelligent nurse!!

I need fireworks here!!!! --->
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #274  

Yeah Mel!!!!

Today started with minor drama. DH is hard of hearing. DD crawls into bed and asks if she can hold her guinea pig, DH hears, the guinea pig is out. He says , WHERE are the cats??. She starts to cry. He yells. I roll over and put the pillow over my head.

The same type of thing happens with DS. I woke to both kids in their rooms crying.Life is smoother when he gets up and leaves for work at 6:30.

I forgot to feed the pets last night. I went to bed at 9 to try and get over this head cold.
They were very happy to see me this morning.

I have read the newspaper online. Drank 2 coffees.

We finally had some rain. The dryness is scary. Our ground was parched and cracked. In APRIL!! They have 6 ft cedar trees on sale at walmart for $25. I will get one for in front of the deck, in front of my swing so I can sit out without an audience.

The house across the road sold! New neighbours. Hoping for kids.There are only 6 houses here. 3 are retirees. (Nice retirees!!)

Trying hard to take the Leadership with Avon to the next level.

My weight is on the back burner as a priority but I am not going wild. I found I was only feeling like a failure and it was spilling over into my thoughts about other parts of my life.
I have mostly been purging around the house and getting it streamlined and it has WORKED. it only takes about a half hour to tidy the main floor then I can dust and vacuum. It used to take 4 hours just to put stuff away. The kids have been more on the ball too. Watching favourite toys get tossed in the garbage works!

The Battle Axe Brigade was fairly well behaved on Sunday. They ARE obsessed with their appearances but it is easy to ignore because they dont comment on mine any more. Very afraid! LOL!!!!!!!!!

The evil aunt looked like death warmed over.

We have NO plans or church this weekend!!!!!

HUGS!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:16 AM   #275  
Happy September

Talking Saturday, Saturday Saturday

A LITTLE ELTON JOHN TO GET THE WEEKEND ROLLING
NEVER SO GLAD TO SEE A WEEK END! OR A WEEKEND AS THE CASE MAY BE LOTS OF LOVELY CLOUDS AND RAIN SHOULD KEEP THE SENIORS FROM GOING OUTSIDE, FALLING AND NEEDING RESCUING!! tHE LIBRARY DELIVERED SOME DVDS OF UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS. I HAVE YET TO FINISH ALL THE SEASONS OF THAT SHOW!! IT JUST KEEPS GOING ON AND ON.............
THIS WEEKEND WILL INVOLVE SHREDDING TONS OF PAPERS IF THE MOOD STRIKES ME! LOL GOING TO STEP OUT OF THE MEDICAL FIELD AND GET LIFE BACK ON TRACK. WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS AT LEAST I KNOW I HAVE MY SISTERS OF THE WORLD BESIDE ME. I AM OFF TO FEED THE BIRD AND WAKE HIS LAZY *** UP

MEADOW~ I SING THAT SONG A LOT!!! IT WAS GOOD TO BE REMINDED OF IT FIRST THING THIS MORNING!!! I WILL DANCE AND SING MYSELF INTO THE KITCHEN!!! HOPE YOU AND THE FAMILY ARE ENJOYING THE GARDEN?! IT MUST BE SPROUTING ALL OVER THE PLACE BY NOW?!

HOLLY~ MAYBE WE CAN GET HUBBY A WEEKEND JOB AS WELL!!

TIG~ WOW!!! YOU ACTUALLY POPPED IN!?! HOPE YOU AND THE MEDS ARE STILL WORKING WELLL TOGETHER!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #276  
Happy September

Hear Ye, Hear Ye
Some Birthdays are coming up soon!!

Old 04-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #277  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Yes, I understand there's one on Tuesday if I'm not mistaken. And to get it right, we have to wish her a happy, happy on Monday. **hint, hint***

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #278  

OOOOOOOOOOOOO...a party on Tuesday. Something to look farward to.

DS is making tomato sandwiches for himself and his sister. He is sooo grown up.

I am less dizzy. Did some reading in bed. A little "Jamie Fraser" fix. I wouldn't go so far as to say I am functional.

The kitchen floor has enough food scraps on it to feed an army. My goal for the next portion of my day is to sweep it.

I will also challenge myself to complete 1 load of wash.

DH is off ot the city for a car part. He told me we didn't have $25 for a shrub. I asked if he bought a 6 pack of beer last night................end of convo. He spends $20 a week on beer. ( i dont mind that) To keep life balanced I allow $20 a week for me and the kids for "treats". thing is we hardly spend it so every so I often I buy something, either for the kids or me. Like our porch swing or shrubbery or rodents.
The deal is when he gives up beer I will not spend on the rest of us.

When the kids were babes I NEVER spent on us for anything and it was depressing.We did not eat out or get take out once in 3 years etc.I never bought any new clothes for any of us.......
You gotta live a little.

AAAAWWWWWWWW....the kids just presented me with my very own tomato sandwich.
Very proud little monkeys.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #279  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all

And yes it is Sunday and yes I am at work. I have a class to train tomorrow that I know nothing about. ABSOLUTEY nothing. The learning curve for both me and the students will be vertical. We will get there.

Had a lovely day in the sun yesterday. Went out for a walk with my new camera and took some photos of the 'Gong to share when I go home next week - always hoping my computer will be fixed. I haven't actually heard anything yet - maybe DS has forgotten. Anyway after walking around some of the places of interest and photographing the foreshore, the rock pools, the trees, birds and hills, I hopped in the car and went for a drive. Ended up on the cliffs at Stanwell near the Royal State Forest. It was pretty and interesting. Came back, did some shopping, went back to bed with a book for an hour or so and then prepared dinner for a couple of friends. We had Armenian lamb, pilaf, green salad with a lemon coriander dressing. Lots of fresh coriander in the salad as well. I love coriander. Cilantro to our American friends. Oh yes and we had rhubarb crumble and ice cream to finish. Not particularly diet friendly but we enjoyed it, along with a couple of bottles of wine and good chat. A nice relaxing day.

Mel - so sorry to hear of all the crap going on in the medical field. But it maybe a blessing in disguise to get all the drugs out of the system and start afresh. Sometimes I think the drugs produce the imbalance and not our bodies. Hang in there my friend. Times are a changing.

Ceejay - I fully understand your frustration and problems. However I don't think you should go away from us like this. I haven't been following any strict diet for quite some time, I'm saying I am maintaining. When the motivation to loose again comes back I will be here and ready to go! Just join in and cheer on those who are trying so hard.

Meadow as always wonderful graphics. Love the singing sunflowers. That song I think has been an inspiration to many, many people. To me, it brings back memories not only of Satchmo, but of times with friends who are no longer with us. The fun we had when I was young, the carefree times and the good times, the naughty bits, the absolute joy of being alive, withi t, and of course absolutely right about everything under the sun. How little we actually knew.

Tig - whooshing in and out again. How are you? How went the Easter visit? How do the job interview go?

Holly, sounds like you are getting yourself into a place of your own. Gotta love the kids and a tomato sandwich. Congratulate both of them for me. There is skill in creating a perfect tomato sandwich.

We not only have a birthday on Tuesday - we have another in the week. We can start to celebrate Tuesday Oz time and finish Thursday American time. That could be 4 days of cyber cake (no calories) feasts from the bbq, the odd bottle etc. (not tomato sauce) etc.

Okay - I had better go and get on with trying to understand the joys of scheduling, capacity planning, and settlement rules. Now doesn't that sound like absolute bliss for a Sunday morning.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad--Thank you for the kick in the pants. I'm just tired of the ho hum and not loosing anything. Did stop by the GNC store today in Jonesboro and got some kelp, virgin coconut oil and 5HTP. The 5HTP which is a three one dietary supplement to enchance mood and controls the appetite.

Mel--Hang in there.

My aunt and uncle had not yet received the exercise bike so I called Walmart.com. Now I'm not sure as to handle this situation.

I'd mentioned earlier that I wanted to tour the damage done by the tornado that happened not long ago north of Paragould. Man what devestation and no one was killed.

Hi to all the rest
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #281  
Choose your hard

Howdy chickies,

It was a gorgeous sunny day today. DH was thinking of opening the pool this weekend. While it will probably be another month before the water actually gets warm enough for me, the blue sparkling water does look pretty. We found a great bike trail / walking path when our visitors were here last week. DH just took the bikes in to the shop for a tune up. Apparently they got thrown around a bit in the moving truck and are in need of some repairs. We should be riding by next weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

The roses are in bloom and the hummingbirds are back. Sad news on the little wren front. We had 4 little babies in the nest on the porch. Last Saturday (of course when I was out grocery shopping) the parents decided it was time for the babies to leave the nest. One by one they pushed them out and then called to them to fly up in the tree. It was immediately apparent that 2 of them were too weak to fly properly. I came home as the 2 weaker ones were flopping about (DH, SIL and BIL were keeping an eye on the cats).

The weakest of them made it's way to the garden and sat there with it's eyes closed. Looked like the effort to move 6 feet was monumental and more than it could take. It eventually crawled off into a little cranny in the rocks where we assumed it would die. At least it was safe from the cats. The other little cheeper was sitting by the recycling bin. I thought it was safe wedged in the back next to the wall. I went inside to make dinner and at one point heard quite a commotion. Our cat had found the bird and was chasing it across the patio. I shooed the cat off and tried to catch the bird. We were equally afraid of one another. Poor thing was peeping and pleading for it's parents but by this time it was dark and they were long gone. I got it back to the bin area and it flopped to the bottom. Slowly I pulled out empty plastic water bottles and cans until there was only the chick in the bin. I didn't know what to do. Everyone was telling me that this was nature and not all in the clutch would live. I said so be it but being chased around by a cat with sharp teeth and meeting your end being chewed alive was NOT going to happen on my watch. We put the box with the nest into the bin, I covered it with a towel and put in into the garage for the night. In the morning we found the chick huddled in the nest in the box. We set the box on the patio and let the chick come out on it's own. It was quite weak and hungry. It did squeek for it's mama but it was a meer little peep. The parents came back fed the chick only once and again tried to coax it up to safety. The poor chick could not fly more than 1 foot high. I chased him and put him up in the azalea bed thinking that with more cover, perhaps the parents would come back. They did but refused to feed him and eventually flew off. As the day wore on the poor thing stopped cheeping and got weaker and weaker. DH tried to shove a seed in it's mouth but it wouldn't budge. It was apparent that it would die too. BIL and I kept a watch to keep the cats away. At one point it flopped on its side taking heaving last breaths. It was very sad. I wrapped it in a soft flowered paper towel and laid it to rest. Yes, I know it was just a lttle bird and yes I know I am just a bleeding heart but that's who I am.

Nae, I could not get the eagle cam to load properly. Not sure if there's too many hits on the site.

Ceejay - glad you are back. I had taped the news the day of the tornadoes and was watching it yesterday. You are right - such devistation but it's a miracle no one was killed.

Shad - your outing sounds very nice. We look forward to the pictures. Too bad it was only one day. Sorry to hear that you are working on Sunday. Good luck with the class, kind of scary isn't it that they have you teaching something you know nothing about. Business today.

Mel, hope you have luck with the new doc. Sounds like the seniors are keeping you hopping.

So how is the weekend progressing for the rest of you? Anyone seen or heard from Linus or Teel?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #282  

I did sweep and WASH the kitchen floor, napped, did 1 load of wash, napped made stew for supper, napped.........

I woke up this morning, which is always a blessing. Kids are outside already( before 8 am).

I will go to Grandma's and shrub hunting this aft. They were sold out where DH went.

I think I am feeling better. A nice bath will be the clincher.

(((Ceejay))) It can be very discouraging at times. Nice to see you.
Hi Happy, Shad! Mel~ are you relaxing?

Meadow~ Is there a good link for your chammomile lawn? I am intrigued.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #283  
Happy September

SHAD~ THANKS FOR ALL THE HUGS I NEEDED THEM!!! I COULD REALLY FEEL THEM TOO. YOUR OUTING SOUNDED WONDERFUL AND WISH I WAS THERE. I LIKED YOUR POST TO CEEJAY. DITTO FOR ME ALSO. GOING TO TRY LIVING FOR AWHILE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!LOL

HAPPY~ WHAT DRAMA!!! OMG THE POOR LITTLE THINGS. I HAD FINCHES AND THAT'S HOW I FELT AS EACH PASSED AWAY INTO BIRDIE HEAVEN. SEND THE UP HERE. 3 DAYS OF COLDER WEATHER AND NOW 2 DAYS OF RAIN AND WIND. YOU'D THINK IT WAS FALL! BUT MY SINUSES ARE LOVING THAT THE TREES IN BLOOM ARE GETTING THEIR FLOWERS KNOCKED OFF AND DROWNED ON THE GROUND ALONG WITH THEIR NASYT POLLEN! HAVE FUN WITH BIKES AND POOL AND STAY SAFE.

HOLLY~ THIS MAY SOUN D STRANGE BUT EACH DAY I READ YOUR POSTS, I AM GLAD I'M 59!!! IT HELPS ME APPRECIATE ALL I HAVE BEEN THROUGH AND STILL MADE IT TO THE "OTHER SIDE" OF THE TUNNEL. JUST STAY STRONG. SEND A MATER SAMMIE TO ME TOO!!! I LOVE THEM SMEARED WITH HELLMAN'S!!

CEEJAY~ THE DESTRUCTION MUST BE A REAL HORROR IN PERSON. ON TV IT'S BAD ENOUGH BUT TO SEE IT UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL MUST BE QUITE A SHOCK. I KEEP THINKING OF THE BOY THAT GOT SUCKED UP IN THE TORNADO AND SPIT OUT AND LIVED TO TELL THE TALE THE OTHER WEEK. SHOCKING. HOPE THE BIKE GETS THERE!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH WALMART????

I NEED MY BREAKFAST AND AM TOO LAZY TO GO GET IT...AND I'M ON WHEELS!! IT'S JUST SO DARK AND WINDY THAT YOU JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO BED. ZZZZZZZZZ I ALREADY CLEANED AND FED THE BIRD SO ONE OF US IS FED. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY. STAY WELL.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #284  
Happy September

she snuck in again....glad you feel better and happy shrub hunting Holly.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #285  
Choose your hard

For you Mel -

Tho I suppose there is a blessing in disguise in the rain washing the pollen away. It's been a tough year on the sinuses and coughing from the resultant drip in the throat and the sneezies.

SIL lives in Conneticut and they were lapping up the 80 degree weather here last week. Said they got rain and SNOW one morning. Which means you must be getting similar weather. So I went outside this morning and flapped some heat and sun up your way. Be patient, warmth takes longer to travel than sound or light

Hi Holly, hope you find a tree. This time of year stuff gets carted off as soon as they put it out. You have to jump fast on bargains and the prettiest of the stuff.

I have tomatoes growing. I paid a little more and got bigger plants this year to get a jump start now that I know the prime growing season ends about July when it gets really hot. Each of the 3 plants had flowers when I bought them and now I have at least 7 little tomato buds. I agree with you all - tomato sandwiches on toast with Hellman's ummm ummm ummm ummm ummm

Time to go get busy. Sunday's always fly by.