Old 05-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #391  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking

I AM WRITING THIS IN TEXT SO I DON'T LOSE IT.
SHAD~ I SPENT THE MORNING LISTENING TO MY DVD AND WATCHING YOUR WEBSHOT SLIDESHOWS!!!
THE DAHLIAS AND FIELDS OF COSMOS WERE UNBELIEVABLE. ALSO LOVED THE AUTUMN COLORS AND THE FLOATING POOL.
WAS NICE TO SEE YOU AND CHRIS.
NIKA AND THE LORAKEETS AND SOME OTHER "LADY" LOOKED CUTE TOO( ROFLMAO) I KNOW IT WAS YOU!
I ADORE LIGHTHOUSES AND THINK I MIGHT HAVE BEEN ONE IN A FORMER LIFE.
THE FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND WAS CUTE TOO! LOL
FOR THE SALTWATER POOLS THEY SHOULD HAVE SIGNS THAT SAY "NO CROCS ALLOWED"!!!!!!
THE BOMBO ROCKS WERE STRANGE AND NICE TO LOOK AT. GIVES ONE THAT "ANCIENT" FEELING.
I REALIZED I HADN'T SEEN TAMBORINE EITHER. LOL
THANKS FOR A LOVELY MORNING. I HAD A GREAT TIME AND WONDERED HOW I HAD FORGOTTEN HOW MUCH I ENJOY MY "TRAVELS"!!!!
HOPE YOUR WEEK IS OF TO A GREAT START
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

To make this as brief as possible, it's Sunday and I'm at work. One lady called to check on her account. She thought it was Monday. You could tell she was half asleep. The only good thing is that I'm on the computer playing.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #393  
Radiate self!

I am getting over my sick. Those were some awful days.

I guess Madcat is a married lady and blissfully enjoying her honeymoon

Good to hear that Mel has some reliable wheels again, with a spare

Shad your pictures are awesome, what colours!

Holly-what kind of shrubs? Roses or evergreens? Good luck with today's schedule. My kids are off school tomorrow so we have to "do" something away from home or they are going to tie me up and grab the keys and go alone

Happy-did the food fit in your freezer? So have the tomato plants perked up? I hope so, it is such a heartbreak when you nurture them and they take a turn for the worse. Fingers crossed.

So Ceejay is getting a new exercise bike, get a map and try and catch Mel on her way around the world

Teel-how great to hear you are busy and looking forward to lots of new card ideas and requests. Best of good luck to you, it sounds like a wonderful creative outlet for you.

Waves back happily at Tig as she zooms by

Carla I can see you :P

Hello WonderWoman, good to have you with us.

Hello world
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:27 AM   #394  
Suzi in Auz

Good evening chicks!!!!
You have all been so busy!!!
I have had a lovely puruse over Miss Shad's photos. Thank you so much for sharing those with us. They are delightful. I loved them. It's a great idea uploading pics to the webshots site. i may try it myself. You have a real eye for things. I loved the way you captured Wollongong. The morning light was beautiful and created some wonderful shadows. I loved the footprint one too.
Well now I also feel I have had a glimpse at Groote! Wow, what an experience, like a mini sub culture there. Hmmm...I wonder how it would be bringing children up there....they would have an interesting life, sheltered, no worries ..hmmm.
Love to hear that MEL is all spruced up with new wheels to boot! Enjoy. You do sound up today. It is good to capture a little of someone elses special memories. Also lovely to see old friends.
Ceejay....fantastic, it looks like you are up and running, the bike sounds good. I would love to hear progress.

Meadow...i am so glad you are feeling better .... I had a little of the bot this weekend too.

Happy ....hello.
The plan sounds interesting. I read yours and Suzannes review, very different. but good to get an opposing position. It does sound expensive and like you say if you are super organised you could do this yourself...but, it's a matter of whether or not you want the luxury of someone else doing it for you...it sounds as though you could make these meals yourself or an least suppliment ...keep us posted.

Holly and hope you managed to squeeze in all you needed to today....always thinking of you. I think all you do is amazing and can so relate to parts of your world.

tig , WW nice to met you!
Hope you all had wonderful weekends, will post about mine tomorrow.
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:00 AM   #395  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Another weekend flow by. Where did it go?

I really enjoyed your pictures Shad. Looks like Berry is quite a charming town. Is that really a signpost with what looks like 20 street signs on it? The blues of the sky by the lighthouse and the water on the coast were just incredible. I'd love to take morning walks there. Are you finished with your stint at Groote Eylant?

Morning Suzi, sorry to hear you were under the weather. Did that mean no biking?

Meadow - glad to hear you are on the mend again. Yes, I did cram everything in the freezer - just duck and pull your feet away fast when you open the door I sprayed the tomatoes but haven't had a chance to check them yet.

Ceejay and Holly. Holly I ordered Avon online - I have worn their Odyssey cologne since it first came out a zillion years ago. It is my signature scent. It couldn't have been easier to order and I admit, going in for only what I needed rather than browsing a catalog saved me money. I've been spending too much lately.

Mel, glad to hear that your chairs are back and in good working order. Are you going to be working at the voting center for the elections? I can picture you manning the lighthouse in a former life. It sounds so adventuresome until you find out what it was really like I'd love to tour the lighthouses of the state of Maine sometime.

Well Tig, have you broken in the new bike yet? Isn't it more comfortable?

Wonderwoman - that Technical Writing course sounds great. Good to hear they are supporting it by pushing some work your way.

Hello Teel, glad you popped in between decorating cards. How's mum doing?

The weekend went by so fast I don't even know how I spent it - oh yeah, Saturday DH and I went out to look for tile for the kitchen, got sidetracked and went to a few other places picking up things here and there. It consumed the entire day. He watched a movie in the evening and I caught up with my reading for the book club. Yesterday we walked down the street to an open house for one of the homes in the neighborhood. It's a grand house on the hill. It's vacant and has been sitting on the market for a few months now. They've reduced the price once already and we both felt that given the work that needed to be done in it, it was overpriced. By alot. There are always alot of houses for sale - we have several large companies here - the World Headquarters of Federal Express is just down the road from me. So people are always coming into town, staying a while and getting transferred. It's a buyers market if you have patience. Afterwards I went shopping for stock up stuff - paper goods, personal care items, groceries. I got a couple of pairs of shorts and some light t-shirts so I am good to go for the warm weather - must be why it's turned cold lately and staying like that. I was gone for 3 and a half hours. Got home, finished up the laundry and put everything away from the shopping trip. I got caught up in alot of flitting about the house here and the clock turned at lightning speed. It was 1am before I crawled into bed and my mind was racing so I tossed and turned for a while. Needless to say, I am bleery eyed this morning. I could really use 3 day weekends. Too much to do.

Time to dig out my frozen lunch and get things ready for work. The diet place charged me for this week's food but did not give me the credit for the 2 meals they messed up last week. I am and if they don't fix it fast, everyone's going to hear about it.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #396  

Hi ALL!!!!

Meadow~ glad you are better. I got 2 white pines, 1 dwarf blue juniper,1 emerald cedar and some ornamental grass to grow and a pravacy screen( varigated).
Happy~ glad to see you using Avon*wink*.

I accomplished much yesterday and with a good attitude to boot. We all seem to be healthy today!!

I am giving you all permission to give me.......a swift kick every single day. Please help me be accountable.

I am officially too fat. My summer pants are snug but worse is that my t shirt dont cover my huge belly. sigh.
I spent over 2 years consciously watching my weight and exercizing and only ever lost 15 lbs. I got tired of feeling like a failure so put it on the back burner the last couple of months. I DID need to get my house and life in order. That stuff is better.

I feel puffy, uncomfortable and gross. Not a nice way to feel.
Time to schedule this into my already overly busy life.
No more toasted sandwiches for every meal and snack is a start.

Help! and hugs!!

PS I am wearing the new beaded thong sandal from Avon, brown leather with turquoise and copper beading......devine!!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:29 PM   #397  
Radiate self!

Suzi - So sorry you were ill, when Mom's go down the world collapses I hope your spell wasn't too debilitating. Mine was horrible, had to take the kids out of school one day because I was unfit to be behind the wheel of a vehicle

Holly-you new thongs sound very jazzy. I bet you are a wonderful advertisement for the Avon stuff, do you carry your cards with you when you are out and about so you can network when someone asks you where you got your wonderful things? I don't think I know what a white pine looks like, is it an Eastern tree? Blue junipers are so pretty, you are really going to have a nice landscape with the grasses too, are they the ones that get the white plume on them? You look lovely to me, good luck with the bread, I know, it calls to me too.

Happy-OH, one of my favourite things to do is poke around open houses don't you just adore looking at other people's decorating styles and what they put on display? Different tastes abound! I hope the diet suppliers get you sorted out soon. You sound like you are ready to rumble
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #398  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Gotta run. No time for chat today - well maybe tonight. Glad you liked the pics - I'll post some more of Groote and Gove and Arnheim land next weekend.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #399  

News flash

Cyclone Shad has been uplifted from Wollongong and transported to Groote for nearly 2 weeks. I've only just found out so I am on my way home in a minute to repack the case and get on with the job.

I may not be able to get back here for a couple of days. Mel, I will still do what is necessary at the PO in Groote. It just won't be as soon as I promised. Sorry - but that is why they pay me the big bucks.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:10 AM   #400  

So is Groote any better than Woolongon?, I find myself asking! Wherever, go safely Miss Shad and we will look forward to hearing from you.

Mum is fin and has had her pacemaker replaced so another new battery should last 10 years...I wonder who will lose the will to live first! She will be 86 on the 22nd May. The hospital stay went very uneventfully after all the worry. She went down at 09:00hrs and was discharged in the late afternoon, despite her being advised she may have to stay in for 3 nights. Unfortunately a new pacemaker will do nothing to alleviate her breathlessness so this still neeeds sorted.

I must get on and wrap and post father's birthday pressie today. His is on Saturday.

And today I have a Sainsburys to you delivery between 11 a.m. and 12a.m. so my entire afternoon will be taken up sorting it all out and finding it a place to live for the next few weeks!!

So I had better get on with my day...I hope you are all enjoying yours! Take care all.
Love from me.
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:14 AM   #401  
Choose your hard

Good morning all.

Went to Lowe's Home Improvement store yesterday for a water filter for the refrigerator and some extra dirt for the garden. Of course I hang in the garden section while DH is browsing. We picked up some coral colored impatiens for the front of the house on one side where there's too much green. I found a gorgeous pink tea rose plant - tho it says shrub rose. I saw a purple verigated rose that first caught my eye but I liked the tea rose better. DH came over and was immediately drawn to the purple rose. It's a red violet color. We have one spot to fill in by the rose garden. "Purple Tiger" won out. My tea rose will go along a fence. We went after I got home from work so by the time we got back it was getting late. Hurried up and grilled some chicken for DH for supper - actually he cooked his own dinner. I warmed mine - a tough sirloin fillet - but then again most beef in diet foods is yucky I've found. Was not a good food day. I had a veggie burger for lunch and I warmed it in the usual fashion in the microwave. When the timer went off I pulled out a bag of hot green mush. It was then I looked at the directions which said to cook the burger separate from the rest of the meal. Good thing I had a low carb mini pizza in the freezer at work. Eating less sugar on this diet makes me feel better - less aches and pains. I ate a couple of regular meals on the weekend and I'm sure feeling it yesterday and today. Gotta detox.

Enjoy your day...
Old 05-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #402  

I rock.
I gave an Avon business presentation at 8am this morning! It went very well. Got some major leads.Lots of great feedback!!
I am way pooped tho. Iwas up til 12:45 am prepping and then awake at 5:45 to get the house and kids ready. I had a sitter come for 7:30 and she has to get DS on the bus and be here for the other arrivals. It went fine.

I am planning a quiet rest of the day. Yesterday was huge. I have a book to read outside while kids play. No plans tonight!
Last night driving home from the city at 10:30 pm I passed 6 Tim Hortons and I did NOT stop and get a cheddar herb bagel with spinach feta cream cheese. I was a bit hungry but it was more a reward mentality. It was a hard won victory too. I came home and had an apple and 1 oz of cheese. sigh............it is soooooo hard.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Wow what a storm we had today! Happy, hope you are okay.

Checked on the biked but it is still being processed. I hope it is delivered while I'm off Thursday or Friday.

Hello to every one.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #404  
Choose your hard

Ceejay, I had walked across the office campus to meet with some friends at lunch. It was sunny and warm when I walked over. When I walked back it was all gray and cloudy and people in my building were talking about bad weather. I looked on the radar and saw this blast of red and orange headed towards us. The skies opened up within 20 minutes. Heavy rains and winds and frequent lightning. Within an hour it was sunny again. there's another doozer heading towards us via Arkansas overnight. Take care yourself and drive safely.

Well after only 1 week I am pretty much done with this diet plan. Because you have to order/cancel/change by Friday for Monday's shipping - you pretty much are committed to 2 weeks on the plan since you get food on Wednesday and after 2 days don't have much of a chance to make up your mind in order to call in by Friday's deadline. I'm pretty sure I won't be renewing past this week. I will cover more in detail tomorrow. Right now I have to get to bed. I'm getting sleep deprived and I promised myself it was earlier to bed tonight. I'm 45 minutes overdue. Night all.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:57 AM   #405  

Me too, I'm knackered. I've had less than 10 hours sleep in the last 48.

Good night, good night, make sure the crocodiles don't bite.