Old 02-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #466  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Tra La, Tra La It's Monday

Well it is sure good to be able to reach you all! It was only a couple of days, but they were long!! I love coming here to report to you all that I've made myself accountable to you too. Not being able to check in as much last week while mom was here, and then not at all this weekend, whooOO that was tough!

As for target I mentioned in the post above. It is now Monday morning and I haven't reached my 20lb goal (as a total since Jan.2, not a week! lol). But I am happy to report I did lose enough to make it a 19.5lb loss! I am really happy about that, it seems things have been going really slow these past two weeks, now I feel like some progress has made! I just have to keep believing slow and steady wins the race!

Robsia, I'm feeding off of your excitment. way to go, seems like the clouds are lifting around here! I know what you mean about AF leaving, I feel so good now, ready to let er' rip!

Meowee, have a wonderful day!!

Paula, good for you having the nerve to even step inside a gym. My husband says I should look into that too, but I say I'm scared of all the skinnies in spandex!

AndrewsMum, good to see you! I am awfully sorry to hear you had a bad week. And I'm awfully glad that you're not going to give up! You can do this, it is a slow, tedious, difficult challenge but with consistence it can be beat. Take it as slow as minute by minute if you have to. Each minute is a victory when you stay OP. I had to do that when I first started this. I didn't realize how much I grazed in the pantry, so keeping my hands outta there WAS a minute by minute victory! LOL You have done so well, and you are going to continue to do well. Hang in there!

Melody, a big welcome! You're off to an awesome start, I look forward to getting to know you.

Garnetfairy,
I hope you have an awesome day. Maybe give your son a quick phonecall, let him know you're glad he's there. Have fun with your new tapes!

Well I'm off to walk on the treadmill. I am going to give it my all this week, no more feeling tired and drained. I'm up and ready to fight this week. I am so grateful for the 19.5 pounds I've lost so far, sometimes I can hardly believe I did that. It's all due to you all, yeah, yeah...I DEDICATE MY FAT TO YOU GUYS!!! hahahaha

Have an awesome day girls, go gettem tigers!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #467  
Lois

Smile

Hey Ladies,

Melody, to the group and congrats on the weight loss so far

Tina, congrats on the weight loss! I agree that coming here everyday has been the biggest factor in me staying on track and motivated.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had an okay weekend. Took the weekend off from exercise, but am back on it. My eating has been good. I had my weigh in yesterday and I am pleased to report I am down another 2.5 lbs. :

I will check back later, have a good day everyone!

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #468  
Lori

Unhappy Not such a good day!

Hi all,
How are you all doing today? I pray losing weight.....exercising and making great choices!

For me.......well........not so good......I did great until we got pizza tonight (my huge downfall) and I blew it big time......had pizza and pepsi....way too many pieces too!
I have a relaspe on a cough and feeling real draggy......
but I'll get back on the band wagon tomorrow.....a new day!

hugs to all,
Wannabeskinnymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #469  

Evening Ladies,

Talk about withdrawl symptons, not being able to get into the site or post till tonight has drove me nuts. I still can't get into the site the regular way, have to go through the back door. But, I'm here now and so happy to hear from all of you.

Melody...Welcome. Sound like you have started on the right track. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Tina...19.5 pounds is awesome. You rock, girl

Garnet...Hang in there....You had some, and then got rid of it. Good for you.

I'm hoping for a loss on Wednesday, but I have had a couple of cheats over the weekend. Cookies and peanut M & M's But I was back on track this morning. Haven't exercised for the last couple of days. It has been so cold with the wind chill, that I could hardly move. Hopefully I will be able to do something tomorrow.

Have a good night my friends,

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #470  
determined to lose

Well, for the first time I made it through a 2 mile WATP! I am very excited about that!! I joined the RichardSimmons.com clubhouse and the Leslie Sansone.com clubhouse. There was a live forum with Richard tonight on being kind to yourself...it was totally cool, I really enjoyed it. The chat is much busier there than at other weight loss sites I have gone to.

Weigh in is tomorrow at the gym, I think i will stay and work out if I still feel like I do tonight. I think maybe this last dose of antibiotics is finally working.

Congrats to all the losers and maintainers!

Check your water and salt for those who gained and keep hanging in there!

I know peanut butter is kicking my ***. I was looking for something in the pantry for my mother and found a jar and it is all I can think about.
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #471  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Nova Scotia checking in . . . another fine day here in Atlantic Canada even though it is a little colder (right about the freezing mark).

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well, all things considered. I'm kind of on the run this morning. Why, oh why does time seem to pass more quickly as we get older? It really doesn't seem fair.

Have a great day, everybody. See you later (and I refuse to even think about peanut butter . . . oh, drool, drool)
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #472  
Working on 'Project Me'

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good morning ladies! Hope the day finds you well and fit! I just finished my first round on the treadmill. I tried spurts of running for a minute, but I'm not sure if I can keep up with that for long. The backs of my legs are ready to cave!

Lois, another 2.5lbs! That's great! You are doing wonderfully, you must be so proud of yourself. I sense a no nonsense attitude from you, it's so inspiring. You never seem to get down and just keep on truckin'! You are a rock girl! Thanks for being here.

Lori, is a favorite of mine too. Glad you're putting it behind you and climbing back on the wagon! We can't let slips get to us, we have to have them, or else we wouldn't be human! I read on here that someone enjoyed the lean cuisine pizzas, I tried it last friday, it was a great crave settler!

Cheryl, whatever door you used I'm glad you got here! Hope you have a wonderful day getting back into your exercise routine! Oh Lord, let spring break early!

Garnetfairy, awesome job with your exercise and good luck with your weigh in! It's good to see you on the mend!

Well girls I hope we all make the most of our day! We are not superwomen but we're giving it a superwoman effort!

Stay strong and powerful!
~Tina
Old 02-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #473  
Working on 'Project Me'

Default A little sumpthin, sumpthin

Hey gals, just popping in to share something funny. At least that's how I'm taking it for now, cause I could never believe it would happen.

Anyways, my hubby told me that when I reach my goal weight he'd take me on a vacation to hawaii!! With a $500 shopping spree for new clothes! Now is that motivation or what!?

LOL Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it!

It's awfully quiet these past 2 days. Where is everyone?

Later gators,
Tina
Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #474  
Lois

Lori, I know how you feel about the pizza... it's hard to resist but as long as you don't beat yourself up about it and get back on track you will be okay. I think it's better to have that "occasional" treat rather than be too strict and give up.

Cheryl, I felt a little lost with the board being down too. It helps to keep me focused and motivated. You all keep me going everyday. Despite the cheat let's cross our fingers for a good weigh in on Weds. :

garnetfairy, whoohoo on making through the 2 mile WATP that is great! The next time will be just as exciting! I used to be a member of the RS clubhouse years ago. I also had subscribed to their newsgroup, not sure if they still have that, but I think I enjoyed the newsgroup better, do they still have that?

Linda, I'm wondering too why time has to fly so fast!

Tina, glad to hear you got that first round in on the treadmill. Keep trying the running a little bit at a time and you'll get it! ..although I don't think my knees could take it. Hey if I were you, I'd hold hubby to that deal!

Thanks for the cheers. I don't know about being a rock... the last couple of days have been down days for me and if it were a couple of months ago, I would have crawled in the bed and stayed for a couple of days. I am just trying to have fun with the weight loss this go around, and not lose focus and fall back into those bad habits. Coming here helps. Thanks to you all

I had another okay day. I didn't have much of an appetite today so I did not get in enough calories. Tomorrow is another day and I plan to do better. I did get my 30 minutes of exercise this evening. I often times can not help hopping on the scale in the a.m. and this morning I was down another 1.5 lbs. since Sun. morning. : Not the usual week but I'll take it!

I hope everyone else has had a good day!

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #475  
Lori

Wink Howdy everyone!

Greetings everyone! Well I'm back on track again......thanks for all the encouragement.....it helps so much....!!!!

Tina.......wow......what an incentive! You go girl That's just so awesome! I'll have to hint that one to my hubby....LOL

Lois.....you are doing great and just keep on keeping on.....

and to everyone else......we can do this !!! We really can....one day at a time and sometimes one moment at a time.......!!!!

Hey maybe we all can meet Tina in Hawaii
LOL......

Have a happy face kinda day
Wannabeskinnymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #476  
Domestic Engineer

Hi everyone! Weighed in yesterday and was down another 3.4 to 227.6. Close to 10 lbs gone in 3 weeks!! YAY! The novelty is wearing off a bit and I'm realizing that this is going to be a long hard road and lots of work. I hope I can stay motivated to do it! I really want this to be "the year".

I'm sorry I don't have time to get personal, but I wanted to check in. I'll try to get back here tomorrow
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:41 PM   #477  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Heya girls ... mind if I join?

My name is Stacye (that's a given huh? )
I'm 37 - Married - We've been together for 8 yrs & married for 5 yrs
No bio-kids, but I do have a wonderful DSS who's 11 yrs old
We 2 furbabies - Cat 'Rudi' & Mini Dachshund 'Roxi'

Stats - HW = 330 / CW = 262 / GW = I'll know when I get there

My life 'snap' happened on August 6th, 2005 and to date I've lost 68 lbs (and counting)
and over 65 inches (and counting)!

I'm not really on a plan, per say - I'm using portion control, some counting of calories, no sugar, no cokes or diet cokes and I'm moving more - LOTS MORE.
My exercise consists of walking, 'h'elliptical (my DH got me one for Christmas), Biggest Loser DVD and just yesterday I bought a balance ball and a jump rope. Jump rope?? Yep, did ya know that you can burn upto 1000 calories an hour jumping rope? I can't do an hour - yet ... but, it's fun and I'm burning calories!

Never would I have thought that THIS would be the 'it' that works for me ... but it has and I couldn't be happier nor feel healthier!

Ok, well that's enough about me for now!

Congrats to all of you for your losses - you're doing FABULOUS - you're each a true inspiration and I look forward to getting to know you!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #478  
Working on 'Project Me'

Boy, since mom has been gone I have a lot of time check in. Can you tell I've been deprived! haha I just came in before I bunker down for the night. I had a great day foodwise, exercise and water. (A little footnote, water has suffered this past week.) I made a promise to drown myself with the stuff this week. I wanna flush those fat cells away, far away!!

Lois, congrats on another loss! However you're looking at this go around at losing is sure working for you! You Go girl! Don't worry I plan to hold hubby to his promise. Who couldn't!?

Lori, let me know how dropping the hint goes over with hubby! LOL Maybe strut and sing, "she wore an isty bitsy tweeny weeny yellow poka dot bikini!!"

Emily, nice to see you. Congrats on the loss! Yep, you're right, it's a long road, but it all comes down to baby steps. You're doing great! Keep it coming!

Stayce, you look awesome! What an inspiration, thanks for popping in. I like the idea of burning 1000 calories in an hour, but may the sweet Lord be with my knees if I ever did do that! hahaha They're already beginning to ache just at the thought. to our group, just jump on in and make yourself comfortable. I look forward to getting to know you.

Well, I guess I should call it a night. I think I'm going to go upstairs and wait for hubs to get home. I'm feeling a little snacky, and that's not gonna do.

Good night ladies, have an incredable rest!
~Tina
Old 02-08-2006, 02:32 AM   #479  

S/C/G: 240/219/135

Default Hi Guys!!!

Hi Guys! Everybodys mini goals are looking great ! I hate to say it but mine is wrong I have gained 3lbs back! I am just going to have to work harder and be ! I have figured out something I am very good at dieting at home! But when we go places on the weekend I just can't control myself! I understand the Pizza, M&M's, and Pepsi ! Food is just to easy to get to and you don't even have to make it! (just drive thru the drive thru)

Garnetfairy- I don't know how you keep up with Richard, I tried he was going one way and I was going the other ! I bid on a tape(EBAY) called Richard and the Silver Foxes (but I lost)! I thought I might be able to keep up with that tape!

Tina- Have you tried a body ball? I just got one (not very expensive $12) and I love it! Very low impact (for your knees) and it felt really good to stretch out on it! I have hardly been out of MS! Oh the beach! Wouldn't that be GREAT!

Stacye- I just wanted to say

Well hugs to all!
mama4dmkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #480  

Default It's hump day!

Hi Ladies,

Stacye... You have done awesome!! 68 pounds! I loved looking at your before and after pics. Gave me the motivation to keep on doing what I'm doing.

Lois and Emily...Way to go girls. I'm so happy for both of you.

Garnet....WhooHoo....2 mile WATP, I'm so proud of you. I did WATP yesterday morning, but I rather workout to Richard and the gang. More motivation if you know what I mean.

Paula...I still can't get through the whole Richard workout. I do what I can, and the next time I do a little more. It's taking baby steps. I'm working out to Sweating to the Oldies 1. I'm also like you Paula...do real good all week till we go out to eat and then blow it.

Today is my weigh in day at WW. I really don't think I will see a loss, too many cheats this week. It's back to really getting focus and melt this fat off. I'll try to check in later if I can get the computer away from DH or DD.
Have a good one.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote