Old 11-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #61  

Hi girls, whew it took me awhile to read all the posts!

Angie, I just showed dh the nutz, LOL....I have never saw those before. Shepards pie, mmmm sounds so good. We had steaks and twice baked potatoes tonight. I tried to go light on the cheese but you know me I love cheese on everything. Less is better I guess. Oh my god! I couldn't believe that lady last night. I was scared for her kids and husband. I had to laugh my butt off when she was kicking everyone out and the camera girl look so scared.

Noelle I hope you had a fun time with your girlfriend at lunch today. I am sure you will do just wonderful at your weigh in. Btw I was watching Dog last night and it looks like Beth has lost some weight. She is so cool, I just love her. I think we will have an early Thanksgiving dinner next week because my brother is coming in. And on Thanksgiving Day will have another one. At least they are spread out though. I can't wait to eat pumpkin pie!

Kempy I wish I could come on down for your party. Sorry about the co-workers. I hope you get a good number of people.

Dips hope your cold is getting better. Stay warm!

Today I was at ds's school today. I felt so bad he cried when I left . He loves his mom . I am going to start helping out in the class here and there. Other than that call me weird but I am liking writing down the food I eat. It is making me feel responsible for what goes into my mouth. So far this week not one bowl of ice cream after dinner . And I have my favorite mint chocolate chip in the freezer. I have really got to start getting some lists made for my family members for christmas, I am such a last minute shopper. Gotta scoot dh wants the computer! Check back soon. Bye sweethearts!
Hug for Cherie. Hi to Cal, Holly and Red!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #62  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey again. I just got home and onto the computer. I just saw something weird--my last post was 10 minutes after Kempy's, but her post just did not show up on my work computer. I noticed you guys were responding to her but i didn't quite follow...now I know why. Kempy, I feel like such a clod. I'm sorry about your co-workers too. I know the feeling, the same thing used to happen to me with my PartyLite candle parties. Everybody would be gung-ho when you're with them but when the actual day came around, maybe one or two would show. Maybe you can at least get them to buy stuff off a catalog if they can't make it to the party? That way you would still make the sale? I would come over too. I would love to learn how to put on makeup properly! Knock 'em dead!

Hi Red...yeah, the posts come and go in waves. So you're heading to Hong Kong soon? I've never been there but I know you can buy a lot of cool stuff there, like Korea and Thailand. My sis and mom did a tour of China and HK a while ago and they came back with tons of bargains.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #63  
so close, yet so far...

Julie, awww your sweet little boy.
Hey, you're not weird for enjoying writing down your food intake--at least it's a healthy thing to do and if it empowers you, then great! It's a major thing when you can resist ice cream in the freezer, esp. if it's one of your fav flavors. Bravo!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #64  

Thanks Noelle.

I am watching Paula Dean's Thanksgiving. That woman is so awesome. I would love to spend a day with her. She is so bubbly I think I would be bouncing off the walls. Okay time to get ready for bed soon. Have a great Friday tomorrow!
GoodNight
Old 11-11-2005, 08:14 AM   #65  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls! I guess I have been PMSing all week and I still managed to get back on track. That feels good.

Julie, I love watching Paula Dean too. She makes food like I like to cook. Loaded with fat and love. I love the food channel at Thanksgiving and Christmas time....they make so many nice things.Wow, You rock...I couldnt resist anything good too eat in the house right now. You go girl!

Noelle, My computer only gives me half the notices when someone posts. That is so annoying.

My plan for today is the same as yesterday. I plan to have left over shepherds pie for supper tonight.

I gotta go grocery shopping but will check back later
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

It is so nice to come back here and see everyone back on track and really working again! Like Noelle said in an earlier post, the energy on here is just amazing. Well, I am hoping to add to that.

Things have been so busy since coming back from the cruise. The girls have had something going on every single night, gymastics, brownies, daisies, parent teacher conferences and I was having a very rough time with some feelings I was having with Alan. I was almost ready to walk away from the relationship, but I think we are back at a truce right now. He will stay in my life, but this week, I have made some major commitments and set some major goals for myself. Instead of focusing on him, I am switching everything to focus on my girls and their activites and on me.

You are going to think I am crazy.... Insane... I know I am.. but this week, I committed and registered to run in the Little Rock Marathon, doing the half Marathon with my friend Tim. He is a lawyer in Arkansas that I've been friends with forever. The most I have ever ran straight was 7 miles, and that was before I got pregnant with Megan. So, it's been awhile. However, I have gotten excited about it, and I have been on my treadmill for the past three nights. I have downloaded a Novice's guide for Training for a Half Marathon, so I am going to work with that and just do it! In addition to all that.. I went and joined the YMCA this week too. That way, I will have a place to do my strength training and my crosstraining, and they have a track so I can run someplace other than my treadmill. Since I've gotten back from the cruise, I have lost 4 pounds. I'm not going to concentrate so much on my diet and trying to lose weight, rather I am going to concentrate on my training and making healthy choices of food and let the weight just come off on it's own.

I am doing this because I got so wrapped up with my relationship with Alan... and some other stuff that I just started using it as excuses not to eat healthy or to exercise. What a week can make in attitude. :-)

Hannah's Birthday was a week ago today, so she is now 8 years old. She had a great weekend last weekend, and I took pictures of them on Halloween and last weekend since I missed their official school photos. I just can't believe they are growing up so fast.

OK... I better get back to work.. or pretend to work. I am actually making out a calendar for the next month for when I can hit the Y between the girls activities and day care.

I just want to say to everyone.. thank you so much for being here for me. Its been a tough year. I am thankful for each of you. And I am SOOO excited there is so much posititve energy going on here regarding our health!!!

YEAH!!!

OK.. I'll check in later!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #67  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Cherie, It is great to see your spirits are lifted. I have been thinking of you. Wow, a marathon? You rock!! I think it is a great way to get into better shape and do something you love at the same time. Good for you. Tell Hanna I said Happy Birthday! I hope she got everything she wanted and had a blast. And yes they do grow up so quick. Me and Jay were talking about that last night. I said we will be able to enjoy the grandkids (when we have them. )more because now we know how fast it flies by and not to waste it.

I went grocery shopping today and I bought LOTS of veggies and fruits and all healthy stuff. We have some great meals planned out for the week. My legs hurt so bad so I am not sure I can even do the treadmill today. I wished they would loosen up a bit.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #68  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello, everyone. 4:30 a.m. here and I'm running late already. Glad to see everyone is sounding up and energetic. photogirl, hello. Good luck on the marathon. At first you scared me when I read your post and I thought it said you were running this week! But I read it again and saw you had decided this week! mele, yeah, HK for the races. I think the shopping was good when it was still U.K-governed but since reverting to China, not so. I will probably have to work so it's not really a vacation. I just do it for the great hotel and a bit of a break. I love taking the ferry across the harbor, especially that time of year when all the buildings have Christmas lights in them. Beats Japan. angie, you always mention TV programs and I don't know any of them. I am culturally (U.S) ******ed! jbbm, Kempy, hello! Well, gotta run! Thought something was better than nothing. Take care all. Ciao!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #69  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey girls I just ordered your Christmas gifts and I think they may get to you all early so I wanted to give you the heads up. I hope you all like them and I thought it would be good for us.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:48 PM   #70  

Hi girls just popping on for a second. Both my kids woke up this morning with pinkeye, my ds couldn't hardly even open his eyes! So he stayed home from school and I called the doctor and got eye drops from the pharmacy. I have never had pinkeye before and it is bad. I can't hardly keep my dd from rubbing her eyes. I guess a girl in my son's class had it earlier in the week. Ugh!!!!! Oh well its life

Cherie, it is so nice to see you back. I love the idea you are not trying to lose weight or diet, just get healthy. The pounds will come off that way. I don't think you are crazy about the marathon, I think it is awesome. What a great goal.

Angie good job staying on track with pms. My pms comes next week but I think I am feeling the effects all ready....I better just keep my focus. I will keep my eye out.

Red you are up bright and early. Have a great day.

Hi Noelle, Kempy, Cal, Dips and Holly.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #71  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh Julie I have had pink eye before and it sucks. Poor little babies. I hope the drops make it go away quickly for them. It feels like you have insulation on your eyeball and it just itches and burns. You have just begun the fun of childhood germs huh? My kids have had it a couple of times when they were small. I never caught it when they had it but I did get it when I was 21. I put tea bags on my eyes to help soothe them.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:02 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Julie.. I'm sorry about your kiddos. How awful. I hope they fill better soon, and that you and your hubby stay healthy.

Red.. good to see you again. I haven't done the 21 day challenge in a while. I hope you have a nice trip to HK... my company is based out of Japan. Weathernews. Office is in Tokyo. One of these days, I would love to go over there to visit.

Angie.. just do some stretching. Before and after your treadmill work. It will really help. I can find some examples if you need them.

Well, one more hour and then I can leave this place for the weekend. I am ready. It's been a really long week, and I am hoping to have a fun weekend, and get in some good workouts.

Hi Noelle, Kempy, Dips, Cal and Holly..... It really feels good to be back :-)

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:46 PM   #73  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi people. Just jumping in here at work. jbbm, yes, early is me! Got to ride my horse, then in to work. Busy, busy. Cherie, you're sounding good. Glad to hear that. Weathernews..hmm..sounds familiar, we may use it here at the paper. I'll look into it. You really should come over sometime. I would show you around. Been here 23 years now! angie, you really mustn't get me anything!!! Dips, how's the cold? I hope you're feeling better. I tend to use the total immersion method. I try to come in contact with anything and everything. You know, if it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger. I'm not dead yet. Hello to all others!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:03 AM   #74  
so close, yet so far...

Woo-Hoo girls I just got back from my walk and I conquered that hill :. I'm resting my legs now and just relaxing, trying to decide what dinner will be. I did a little shopping today and found some cool deals on Xmas stuff like gift boxes (which my house never seems to have enough of) and gift tags. OOh, and I bought a new digital scale. The one I bought a couple of years back just up and disappeared--i was so pissed. Even when I thought I gave up and didn't diet I would still weigh myself twice a month or so just to keep me in check. This scale is nothing fancy and can keep the history of 2 people and will tell you how much you have lost or gained since the last time you stepped on....this could either be a major pain or a godsend.

Cherie, good for you! Little Rock as in AR? That's where I was born You're not crazy, you're WOMAN and you can do whatever you set your mind to. I love your frame of mind--take care of you and your girls and the rest is just icing on the cake.

Julie, pink eye is terrible, such a goopy mess when you have to put those drops or ointment in. Michael had it once and I caught it once while in Vegas, it was itchy and my eye turned all red. I had to throw away all my makeup and not wear contacts for over a week. I hope for their speedy recovery and for you or DH not to catch it

Angie, you are so sweet and so prepared for Xmas already. I'm still trying to figure out what I can pick up for you guys. I always try to get something with a little island feel to it without resorting to food. I gotta go put my elf hat on.

Hi Red, it's cool to see you pop on even with your busy schedule.

Kempy, how'd your MK open house do? I hope you got a lot of business.

Cal, any plans for the weekend?

Well it's raining now and I still have to go have dinner before it gets too late. Have a good night all, chat tomorrow!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:25 AM   #75  

I am finally getting some rest. This is a long weekend for me as there was no school yesterday. One of the teachers said that we were given 2 Saturdays this week. I'm just working on organizing my lesson plans and then I'll be done with them for the rest of the quarter!! It's great teaching the same subject and grade every year; I'm starting to be a little more organized by just reusing my plans and just modifying them for each new class.

Julie: I've never had pink eye and neither has Ashley (hope she doesn't get it ) I hope your little ones get better soon.

Cherie: A marathon. That's great. I'm lucky if I find the time and energy to walk Tucker every evening. I try to walk for 30 minutes every night. Sometimes it's hard because I'm so wiped out by the time I get home.

Noelle: Congrats on conquering that hill. We got a little rain yesterday, but mostly it was sunny and almost cold. The high got up to about 75 and actually I don't think it got that high.

Angie: I have something for you as well. I will be sending everything out in a couple of weeks. My legs feel great when I go walking, it's my hip that gives me problems. In fact, yesterday I had an MRI to try to find out what it going on. I love walking though. It's one of the things I really enjoy about going to Europe; it's so easy to walk and not even think about it being exercise.

Dips: Hope you're feeling better. Stay warm. We're thinking of you.

Red: Are you in Tokyo? Our school has a sister school in Japan and 8 7th graders from our district went last year for 2 weeks on an exchange program. We were really excited because 6 of those kids were from our school.

Kempy: Hope everything went well for your party. I love going to stuff like that; it's one of the few times I actually get to be around adults. Of course, my husband doesn't like it when I go because I always buy something.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote