Old 11-03-2005, 11:46 PM   #16  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Oh My Gossshhhh!!! Redballoon Is Back!!!

YAY Welcome back Red. I missed you so much! Glad you are back with us. How has everything been??? You almost gave me a heart attack thinking you were over 700 pounds. Most of us are in the US, no metric system over here

J- Are you feeling any better?? I hope so. I am all about the weekly challenge. It will be so hard to get the water I need when it gets cold out here but I'll give it my best shot. What do you want our first goal to be??

Cherie- Your vacation looked like so much fun! I'm with J, you look so good in that dress. Don't stress yourself about your weight. I'm just proud of you for always trying to stay on track. You will do it, I have faith in you. BTW, your girls look like such Angels! Hey, Hannah and I have the same B-day How cool is that. She can eat al the cake for the both of us.

Angie- How's it going? Are those in-laws still getting on your nerves??!!

Kempy- How are the pups?

Aloha Noelle- What's good on the island?? Can you send some of that warmth my way?

Well, gotta stay up and study for my last midterm of the semester. TTYL
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:53 AM   #17  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey there Red! Welcome back. Of course we remember you. Genki desu ka It seems you are doing great. With you and Dips back online here maybe you can get some motivational vibes going for the rest of us in a slump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red balloon.jpg (4.5 KB, 18 views)
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:08 AM   #18  
so close, yet so far...

Well, I just booked a complimentary 2 night stay the the Rio Hotel in Sin City for next month... we already have a room downtown at the Fremont but I figured since the Rio was free I might as well take advantage of it. I am going to indulge in their Seafood Buffet while I'm there. Don't worry, I'm selective and go for the steamed lobster tails and stay away from all that deep fried stuff. Then we're back at the Fremont Street Experience for the New Year's eve celebration

Cherie, you have got two beauties on your hands. They are so adorable, you can just see the young ladies they will become. Watch out for them boys! And you lady, are stunning! Alan is a lucky man to have you dressing up his arm. You guys look great together. I love those inner tube pics, was that a cave??! I am such a chicken in the water...Beautiful scenery all over. Sorry about the sand mites, those sound horrible.

Julie, do the docs know what's going on w/your smile? Steroids huh? Now would be a good time to start lifting weights Just playing with ya. I know it sucks to be in pain. Hope you feel better soon. So your little bros coming to visit again? That's so cool. I know you guys are close. I think he'll enjoy the cooler weather. I'm up for a challenge. I need to get my water in as well. I'll shoot for 4 bottles while I'm at work and 3 large glasses (30+ oz glass) while I'm at home.

Angie, you know I feel for you. I try to stay as far away from mine as possible...yuck, speaking of which, I was on my way to the grocery store and i saw my SIL and BIL driving in the other direction. Just seeing them gave me the heebie jeebies I know I am rotten to the core

Kempy how are your little babies doing? They must be getting mobile?

Cal, Friday's on it's way! Anything new and exciting happening in your classroom?

Dips, have fun on your birthday and don't do anything I wouldn't do. (don't worry, there's lots of leeway there).

Holly, hope you're doing good out there. How was your halloween?

Well, I've got to clear some things off my bed before I can hop in it. Talk with you all tomorrow. Nighty night.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:43 AM   #19  

Just a quick post here; I've been home sick for two days. Of course, this is like a vacation for me because I can truely rest with Ashley and Alberto gone for the day. I'm feeling a little better today, but I'm still going to the docter. I'll take care of the mess in my room when I go back on Monday. I know the kids will have really been trying for the sub.

Dips: Good luck on the midterms. Enjoy your birthday celebration; you deserve it.

Noelle: I just can't get the pics of Ashley to post. If I email them to you could you try? Otherwise, I'll post them on the photobucket site.

Angie: I don't have any problems with my inlaws (of course they are over 6000 miles away) Hang in there. I read that Maine wants to be changed over to the Atlantic time zone. Just curious, how do you feel about that?

Julie: I hope everything works out well and the pain goes away for you.

Kempy: The puppies were sooooo cute! Ashley saw the pics and asked if she could have one. I had to show her on a map how far away you were and that we couldn't just drive over and get one. I told her it would take too long to drive and she said "Not drive, mom. We can take a plane!" Oh the things kids say. By the way, could you PM me your address? I thought I still had it, but I can't find it.

Cherie: What beautiful princesses you have. You will have to watch out for the boys. You are a beauty as well. It's easy to see where the girls get their looks from. It looks like you had a great time on your cruise. Lucky!!

Red: Welcome back. I also remember you.

Take care everyone. I'm off to the doctor.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:06 PM   #20  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Friday ladies!!! I'm kind of just watching the clock waiting for quitting time (not for another 4 hours for me )... Anyway, just wanted to say hey.

Cal, I resized the pics of Ashley and her cousin at Halloween. TOO CUTE!!! I can't believe how much older she looks these days. She's quite the young lady. And I declare! I love that hat on Alyssa.

Pic 1: Ashley as Princess Jasmine with her cousin Alyssa the Southern Belle
Pic 2: Ashley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ashley in costume.jpg (23.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Ashley as princess Jasmine.jpg (31.5 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 11-04-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #21  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile hi there!

Hello, everyone. Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad some of you remembered me. Hmmm. I wonder what kind of an impression I left to have you do that... I hope it was a good one! Well, it's Saturday morning and I'm getting a late start but have to get out to work. Whereas normally I'm in bed by 9 p.m., last night it was beers and a midnight hitting of the hay. I just realized that this expression is closer to the truth for me than most, since tatami mats under my futon ARE indeed made of straw. Oh well....gosh..is the coffee kicking in already?!?! Let's hope so. I feel pretty ill....ugh....

I was out with a colleague trying to figure out the best way to spring a coworker from the police. Seems he got himself in a tussle with a barowner 4 a.m. the other night and did some damage, got arrested and is sitting in the tank now. They can hold you here with no charges for 70 days! He should have thrown himself on the ground and groveled out an apology but since he didn't remember a thing, he can't believe it was him they're talking about. However, (talking to the U.K. Embassy people yesterday) I learn that not remembering is equal to denying and grounds for deportation. Anyhow, we are trying to think of a way to grovel to the barowner and get him to call off the dogs. The company is doing nothing...little wimps. The kid is a nice kid and we foreigners gotta stick together..he's not allowed to speak English and his Japanese isn't that good. ..I'm going to try to help where I can...ah, such is life...gotta watch out for the young 'uns.

Dips -- How goes it!!? You had me laughing as I thought of you being shocked into thinking I was 700 pounds!! I have a kilogram scale so that's what I use and I don't like to convert it 'cause it's such a fractional number. Well, it's fraction in kgs too, but I think it sounds better to be 70 than 160 anyhow. Ah, to be 70 would be nice. I'm close though, but damn, I have been close for months and months now. Oh well, gotta kick some A! Speaking of big As, are you still in the Apple? And is that the way you look in that avatar pic, you fox!

jbbm -- Hi there and thanks.

mele -- Noelle, hello! Thanks so much for the red balloon photo. Yup, genki desu yo!! Okane ga nai kedo.....broke as ever and digging the hole deeper but....I carry on in my headstrong, stupid way! So, what's this about you all being in a slump?! Oh, no! We can't have that, can we? Actually I don't believe you, you all sound as hopping as ever! Love all the pictures and the kiddies are the cutest. Is Sin City, btw, Vegas? Not sure about these things....

calnative -- Thanks! Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you get better real soon. I've been sick for about two weeks now, with some lung infection or something. A lot of it going around here this time of year and with the crowds, things really spread.

Well, hello to any others, I see there are some other names I remember, of course, Angie, and Kempy and Cherie. Any others, hope to get to know you real soon. Well, gotta run. Ciao a presto!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:32 PM   #22  
Never give up

Talking Happy Birthday Dips!!!!

Dips, I just realized yesterday was your birthday!!!
Well, still your today!! So, have a great one!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-04-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:11 AM   #23  
Pending Email Confirmation

Happy Birthday from me also!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:15 AM   #24  
Never give up

Hello!?!?! What's this? Does everyone take weekends off around here? I hope not. Weekends, weekdays, they're all work for me and work means urges to distract myself from it, which means I want to read posts! Come on, isn't someone out there up for a rant or rave or in some way long rambling post?
Old 11-06-2005, 07:01 AM   #25  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default What a weekend!!

Hello girlz!!

Whew! Did I wear myself out on friday. I was at the club till 5, went to IHOP and got in at 7:30am on saturday. I slept til about 4 and got up feeling sore like I worked out or something, well I guess I sorta did I was too tired to do anything saturday and I have to work today so pray for me.

Red- How's it going, lady. We usually don't take weekends off but it was a task getting my energy back up. I'm still not there yet. Thank you for the ery festive B-day post. I love it. Yes that's me in my avatar about 2 years ago but I don't look exactly like that today. Take off a good 10-15 pounds and that's what you'd be looking at today. I'll be posting my b-day picks so you can get a better idea.

Mazarin- Thank you also. How very sweet of you to post to me.

Cal- How's it going? Your little lady looks adorable, as does her cousin. Let me find out you got some brown folks in the family, Holla! Anyways they looked like they had a blast.

A big hello to everyone else. I am still recovering from the weekend. (And I don't even drink) I guess I'm getting old. TTYL
Old 11-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #26  
Never give up

Smile yo...

Hello people. How are you? Where are you? Glad we at least heard from Dips. I had a great day yesterday. Felt stronger after being sick for about two weeks and got to the gym after riding. Walked the 50 mins there in the rain and did some weights and jogging. I haven't done weights in a long time. I don't know. I was thinking, the muscle was doing funny stuff under my skin, like making me look huge. It could be the fat though. I don't know. I guess I shouldn't get scared off the weights. It's just that I always tend to hit them hard. Really am going to have to push myself to go longer, not heavier.

I would love to get in shape in a month but wonder how plausible that is. I will probably be going to Hong Kong in early December and, not that it matters much, but I would like to feel tight and fit, instead of sloppy like I do. I suppose if I whipped this bod every day I could see some results in the four weeks that I have but I always seem to get busy and let the exercise fall to the wayside, or sleep in when I could be getting up and doing something. Yesterday, these days, I would have blown off the gym because I'd already ridden, but didn't. If I could just keep that mindset going, it'd be great. I really, really, need some emotional boost! Well, hate to bore you all.....

Dips -- Hi there! Wow, sounds like you had a great birthday. What's IHOP, by the way? I take it it's some club, no? "Pray for you" That bad, huh? Or should I say, that good? But, if you don't drink, you can't be that bad off, no? Just what kind of contortions do you get in to? I picture you like yoga dancing or something. Well, glad you had fun. Hope this year is a great one for you!

Old 11-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #27  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hi My Gurlzz

Red, You are so funny!! First of all, IHOP is the International House of Pancakes. It's basically a 24-hour diner where you can have breakfast for dinner or vice versa. I love it it's great. Good place to grab a bite to eat after the club or whenever. At any rate, I think what got to me was the smokers in the restrooms. I have a bad reaction to cigarrette smoke. I have flemin my throat and my throat is a little sore but I'm sucking down lemon juice and tea so I should be fine by morning.

How's itgoing with that kid who got in trouble?? Any luck getting him off the hook?

BTW you can totaly shape yourself up by december. Go for it!!You're right about the weights, more reps and less weight is the way to go to get lean and not bulky.

Where is everybody else. Must be a busy weekend. Anyways, talk to you later. Saionara (did I spell that right??)
Old 11-07-2005, 06:55 AM   #28  
Never give up

Red face busy, busy....

Hi all....all??!!? There is no "all." Ah, well, Dips is here with me....
No real exercise today. This is what happens. And now work has come in and there will be no time to get to the gym tomorrow. I need something I can do at home. I have an exerciser but no room to set it up. Oh well, I will get some exercise in tomorrow, just not the gym. Just will watch the food intake!

Dips -- You give me hope! Maybe I can make a dent in this bod of thickness. The time flies though and I can pack in the food so easily. How did you ever get so thin?!? Then again, I remember, back when you were in Germany you were like starving yourself with about the same amount of calories my cats eat, each one of them!

I hope you're feeling better. Where is there a pancake place in NY? I remember them from when I was a kid but we just called it the Pancake House and I never knew the real name, or never thought of it.

The wayward coworker is still sitting in the slammer. It's just so, so ridiculous for what he did. We're hoping we can spring him in 6 days after his initial 10 are up that he got for not immediately getting down on his hands and knees and begging forgiveness (I kid you not!). It was hard for him to do that because he didn't remember a thing. I've helped with writing letters in Japanese and English as he can't have anything in English alone. I wrote something in super simple Japanese too with no Chinese characters. They (his girl's parents) were able to show him that through the glass today (I mean, "through the glass?!?!?!" like he was some kind of psycho serial killer or something). All he did was kick in a little plastic sign and push the bar owner a bit. We at the office were going to send him some books but he's not even allowed English books and his Japanese is at the beginner level. In any case, we hope he can get out in 6 days. We are thinking of placing bets on the desk as to the actual number of days he'll have to spend in there....we are an evil bunch! We had another guy at work get in trouble with the powers that be and he sat for three months with no charges... and then they deported him. Well, I better stop. You must all think I work with a bunch of criminals by now.

Last edited by redballoon; 11-07-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:03 PM   #29  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy Monday all!!! I am trying to do a little housecleaning. I HATE clutter!!! I dont like my elliptical or exercise bike so I put them in the local paper to try to get rid of them and for now they are out in my shed. I brought out my treadmill and have it all set up and all I have to do is get my obese *** on it.

I am trying to sell the new livingroom set I bought too because I dont like it. I went for fluffy furniture and now I know I dont like fluffy furniture. I want a sectional again so maybe I can get rid of this and start over. I am so picky. haha

Dips, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I am sorry I didnt get a chance to wish you a good one beforehand. It sounds like you had quite the night though. I am glad you had fun. Maybe some year we can all get together and take that time to celebrate all of our birthdays together.

Red, Hey girl!! It is nice to hear from you again. I thought you had left us for good. Geesh, I hope you can get your friend out. It doesnt sound very American friendly over there.

Julie, I hope you got some help for your mouth pain. Does anyone have any idea on what is causing it?

Noelle, How was your weekend?

Cherie, Did you get back in the groove after your cruise? Your pics were awesome and your girls costumes were great.

Kempy, How are those puppies doing? I cant wait to see some updated pics.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #30  
Never give up

Red face gotta get through it....

Good morning, people. It's the start of another day, Tuesday here. Still dark out but I am often up and out before dawn. It's going to be a long and busy day and I couldn't get much sleep. Too many things on my mind, both of yesterday and the day to come. I hate that, not being able to sleep when you really need it, like before a trip, the night before the actual traveling day.

These are the times that try women's souls...or similar to that. These are the times when I reach for food in a sorry attempt to quiet my nerves. What I really need is sleep but that's not to be had. Even my usual dozing on the train will have to be foregone because I have to be doing the initial pondering of some translation work I have to do. Oh well, no time to ramble. Up and at 'em!

angie -- Hello! I was wondering where you'd been. I start back and then there's like no posts! Thank God, Dips was in. But now you're here and I'm sure there will be a right slew of posts to follow! It's good to be clearing things out, isn't it? Better than having the unused and unwanted things sitting around. I hope you get use out of that treadmill! And you'll have that posterior whittled down in no time! What exactly is "fluffy furniture?" I'm picturing a soft easy chair of goose down that you sink into and have trouble getting back up out of, no?

Yes, thanks for the wishes for my co-worker. That was one of the things on my mind keeping me awake, that and the fact that I had emailed a manager at work who kind of screwed me over last year and who hasn't exchanged a word with me all year! I emailed him because he was helping out with a character reference letter for this kid, but he hasn't even bothered to reply to my email and it is ticking me right bad. Okay, okay, he may not have seen it, but I doubt that. Still....I will withhold judgment...nah, what the heck, I'll just stop thinking about it. Once a loser, always a loser! I go to see the young guy today and will have to totally control myself and smile at the cops and all and do all this bowing and scraping probably and have them checking my "alien registration card" and stuff. And then I'll have to interpret for myself and...ugh!!...I can only see the guy for 15 mins! And it's like an hour and a half away or more. Japan is not NOT American friendly. It's foreigner unfriendly, period, always has been, probably always will be. Island mentality and all that I guess....

Well, hope you and everyone else (if they ever show up!!) have a great day!