Old 05-06-2005, 08:43 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone! I didn't get to post last night because I had to go to bed really early. I had to go to a seminar that started at 7 am today and I am not a morning person so I was in bed at 8 last night. Needless to say, I've had a very long day. Welcome to Melody, this is a great group of ladies. They are all very motivated and have a wonderful sense of humor.

I think I need to explain my "not losing as fast as I would like" comment because Deerod said something about it. About 2 months ago, I started South Beach and lost 7 lbs my first 2 weeks. I then very cautiously added a couple items back to my diet but didn't lose any more weight, so after a couple weeks I got some advice from friends who have done well on low carb and they suggested I cut my carbs. So I cut my carbs, and cut my carbs, and cut my carbs until I basically ended up on an Atkins induction diet and still didn't lose any weight. Finally 6 weeks later I have lost 1 additional pound despite being in ketosis for weeks.(which brings my grand total to 8 pounds in over 2 months). And I haven't cheated even one time, honest to God. When I did weight watchers, I think I lost about 25 lbs in this same amount of time. So I think you can understand my frustration. Despite this, I haven't given up. I had my thyroid checked and now I am writing it all down and documenting my degree of ketosis so I can take it to my doctor to find out why I'm not losing. A couple of you have commented on impressive weight losses on Atkins, maybe you have some suggestions. I've eaten so much bacon and eggs it has become a comfort food to me. I drink plenty of water.

Oh, speaking of that. Someone said something about not liking diet soda. I consider myself somewhat of a a diet soda conneseur. Some of the better ones are: Diet vanilla cherry dr. pepper, diet a&w root beer, canada dry ginger ale (I actually can't tell the difference), sunkist orange, and diet rite cream soda.

My 90 lb labrador keeps trying to climb in my lap so I think I better go.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #122  

Hi Petra,
Maybe you should start your SB diet from the beginning see if you loose any more weight. When you start incorporating more carbs keep track of what they are and how much you loose as you start eating them again, that way you know what works for you and what doesn't.

just a thought

MoonRay
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:41 PM   #123  

Hey ladies - Thanks for all the support on my grandpa. He made it through surgery well and they think they got all the cancer .

workit5, 125, lookin2lose and deerod - Great job on the exercise!! You keep it up and we will all be string beans before you know it .

Deerod - Thanks for making me Diva of the day I'll take the title and wear it proudly

Melody - Welcome!!!

smiles - I think I have that same cereal in my cupboard but I have not tried it yet.

Jennie - you must feel great about the capri's. That is even better then seeing the pounds lost . You keep it up.

125 - I live in CA so I know what you mean about the heat .

workit - you must have felt so good inside when you were told you looked like you had lost weight. I'm proud of you

clipclop - Im in the same boat as you lose than gain it back lose than gain it back. It sucks and I will not let it happen again

Petra - if you had success with ww why are you doing the low carb thing? Is it something you think you can live with for the rest of your life? If not I would think about changing your plan.

Okay all my PIC friends - I went to curves this afternoon and weighed myself . The last time I weighed myself in the morning and this time it was in the afternoon so it's not 100% accurate but I lost 6 pound since the 22nd of April.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #124  

Moonray - I'm so proud of you for doing the challenge. Even though it was raining you found a way. You ROCK!!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:51 PM   #125  

Hello everyone, feels like I haven't been around for a week. Way to go on the walking challenge.
ashavison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #126  
SMILESAREPRICELESS

mom - Glad your grandpa came through surgery well.

Petra- I can understand that it must be frustrating when you are following the plan, but not losing weight. In the same amount of time you did southbeach/atkins I lost 36 lbs back in 03'. But i have found that the migraines i got everytime i was on it, and the bad mood it crazed me into weren't a long term solution for me... I hope you find what works best for you.

Clip Clop ( and everyone) -- I will be online in Germany too..so you shouldn't see me dissapear completely..I'll be traveling though this coming Wed. back to Germany..but aside from that and being on less due to more time with hubby, I'll still be here though.

I had a real good day in regards to my food intake..... I want to go to the park tomorrow and walk at least 30 min too.

Congrats to everyone who even did one thing well today on your plan. A pat on the back for you ALL
smilesarepriceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:37 AM   #127  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

hello everyone.. hope you all are doing well... my day went pretty good.. as you all know, I'm eating low fat low cal.. and I write down everything I eat and count my totals at the end of the day,.. well my totals for today were.. (drum roll please.. tttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) 12.5 - fat / 740 calories... I know, I know. these are too low..but not to fret,, I will make up for these missing calories on my cheat day (sunday).. I'm still gonna try to do good and eat all my veggies and salad first, and then I'm going after my fried chicken .. as for today, I had a 100 calorie pack of chips ahoy this morning, a lean cuisine lasagna lunch, and for dinner I had a white meat bar-b-q sandwich with a fruit salad.. I really wasnt hungry after all that and when I checked my totals I was in shock.. I had to re-do them like 3 times.. the b-day party went fine.. I wasnt even tempted (we went to eat right before we went thus the bar-b-q sandwich).. and then we walked about a mile.. i tried to go 2, but my body is so sore from that damn excersize tape I did yesterday.. eww.. by fat but was not made to do Yoga.. haha..

Melody: WELCOME!!! glad to have you here (by the way.. Melody is my real name.. but all my friends call me DEE.. they took off the Melo part.. ;-) )

looking2lose: good job on the walk.. keep it up..

smilesarepriceless: Great job on your decisions today.. I am very proud of you.. I think it is awesome that you are going to Germany and are going to get to spend time with your hubby.. have a good time.. and keep up the good work ..

jennie934: you can do it.. I know how hard it is to ignore a snack table.. put you should be really proud of yourself.. You're gonna have diva feet in no time..

ClipClop: sorry to hear your vacation is coming to and end.. and I always have those morning when I look into the mirror and think.. who the **** am I looking at.. I'm sorry you gained your weight back,, but it was fate.. cause if you we're skinny we never would've met you.. and all things happen for a reason.. this time we are all gonna get to our goals and stay there..

~workit~: good job!! I'm soo proud of you for excersizing and sticking to healthier eating.. (dun du da) .. you are the Pic Chick Diva of the day..

125by65: Awesome job..!! all it takes is a little effort.. most people wont make the commitment to walk around there apartment.. you go girl.. keep up the great job!!

petra65: I am totally not a morning person either.. I'm sure you will see results as soon as you find a diet that fits your life style.. i'm not knocking low carb, but it's not for me.. i love low cal low fat.. this way I don't have to restrict myself from eating certain things, I just have to eat a smaller portion so I don't go over my 30 gram of fat limit and my 1600 calorie limit per day.. I have complete confidence in you, and I know we will all do this together..

ashavison: Hi hon!! glad to have you back.. is everything ok in your neck of the woods??

Well my Pic Chicks.. I'm off to bed. it's been a long day.. I wish you all a good night, or good morning, or good day.. and I cant wait to hear from you all.. ttfn
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:47 AM   #128  
mom5kidz

I don't know if the talk about "walking around the apt." was meant for me, or about me, but it felt like it.

The main reason I didn't or don't walk about my house, is bcs it is entirely too tiny - when I say tiny I mean TINY! I would have to wear a ring in my carpet, in my, so called, living room, in order to get any kind of "credited" walking done - I totally enjoy getting out of this crackerbox to walk - so, when it is raining, I stay indoors - does that mean I'm not as dedicated to loosing weight like everyone else that does seem to walk, **** no! I AM dedicated - just bcs I don't walk, every single day, does not mean that I am less dedicated as the person that does walk every single day.

I'm sorry that I am comming off as snotty, but, for some reason, the little "comments" about "walking around your apt." or "good for you for walking in the rain" upset me. So I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Bye -
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:44 AM   #129  

Good Morning everybody, Sorry I missed a day yesterday, I spent the day with my mum and dad, shopping, lunch etc then last night I vegged out in front of the tv with my hubby and watched movies!! You all seem to have been really focused and I'm impressed with all the walking. I find it so hard to walk now I get puffed out really quickly and I walk really slowly so I have to get working on that but I'm sorry to say I hate walking now, I suppose because it's so hard. I will try though. Foodwise I did pretty good yesterday, I too am one of those people that find it hard to get back on track once I fall off, and I've fallen off so many times this year that I'm finding it really difficult to start a new plan but all my 'partners' out there are going to help me aren't you!!! We are all going to help each other!!

Smiles - where are you going in Germany? My husband is German, he's from Pforzheim which is in the Black Forest, not far from Stuttgart.

Well the sun is shining here for a change, the grass is starting to turn green and in a few more weeks there should be leaves on the trees it should be 10 or 12C today, lovely!!!
I have to work today so I must get cracking, I have to be extra good today because it's Mothers Day tomorrow which is my day for spoiling my poor old mum who is 82 and and blind through macular degeneration.

Well ladies, have a great day, I must get myself some brecky now, I shopped well yesterday, bought loads of fruit and salad stuff and lots of veggies and no JUNK - aren't I good!! Have a great day everyone.
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi girls,
happy saturday to you. I seem to do this every weekend right before my WI, last night I had a very busy hectic day at work so I didn't get to eat much then at around 10 when everything was done and I was ravenous we went out to eat dinner. I didnt' pig out but I ate much to late. I have to total my points today and see how much it was. I am again feeling bloated and gross. I think it was just from eating so late. I ussually am in bed by 9:30. I feel like i do so well all week then right before my WI, I blow it. I might switch my day to WEdnesday or something. My plan is to eat good healthy low sodium, high fiber food today and hopw for the best at WI.

I'm so busy today again but I am going to put my self to the 30 minute challange. and try and get a walk in.

Keep up the good work everyone. Glad to see all the progress eveyone is making. It keeps me going.....

Have a happy mothers day to all the moms out there and don't eat to much of the yummy deserts the kids make or bring or what ever...ahhhh how am i gonna handle that one?
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #131  

Dear Dear kclay - the comments we make when people exercise or walk are in no way a put down on you . It is just us encouraging those that exercised that day. We know that you are working hard and would never take that away from you my friend . Please don't feel like we are making jabs at you because that is NOT, NOT, NOT the case. We are only here to support one another
Old 05-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #132  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies.. hope everyone is doing well today.. I just finished doing a aerobics tape so I thought I'd come and check in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclay61
I don't know if the talk about "walking around the apt." was meant for me, or about me, but it felt like it.
Bye -
klcay61: hey honey.. calm down.. and actually.. NO.. those comments were not directed at you, if I had something to say to you or about you, you would know.. in retrospect.. I was just praising 125by65 because she deserved it.. when you work so hard and no one tells you how good your doing, most people tend to give up, and I dont want any of the PIC's to give up.. I've given up too many times by making excuses and not getting my butt up to do anything. Praising other people helps me motivate myself. I used to not do anything and be upset for being fat.. and now I have a friend that lives in an apartment and weighs over 330 lbs she says she wants to lose weight, but she cant afford it.. whats the deal with that, to lose weight you just have to lessen what you eat (even if it is the same fattening food you eat every day) and excersize.. she has work out tapes, but she would rather sit on her A$$ and watch soap operas and now shes decided to stop talking to me since me and my sister -n- law are exercizing 6 days a week and watching what we eat.. 125by65 deserves credit and praise for working so hard.. I'm sorry that you that I was poking at you.

well my fellow PIC's, I'm off to eat something,, (i'm starving).. I'll check back with ya'll in a little bit..

TTFN
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #133  
SMILESAREPRICELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzylizzy

Smiles - where are you going in Germany? My husband is German, he's from Pforzheim which is in the Black Forest, not far from Stuttgart.
Hi --we live in Wiesbaden --15 min from Frankfurt... The Black Forest is south of where i live.. I live in the Rhine River area..it is beautiful....
smilesarepriceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:40 PM   #134  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Yo Peeps !! Man it doesn't take long to get behind on posting... I usually try to post twice a day so that I can keep up. Last night I didn't even turn on the computer and yikes look at all the posts. It is awesome !!!

So first off let me say how all of you should go to the spa when you reach one of your goals.. ahhhh.. it was great. I had a massage, facial and pedicure. The massage was only long enough to be a teaser.. so next time I will definately go longer. I love pedicures and now I have nice bright pink toes.

Since xmas I have been carrying around a $100 bill in my wallet that I was going to use to buy myself something.. well yesterday was the day. I bought a brand new scale.. a funky digital one.. that weighs down to the 0.1.. I am getting serious about losing this weight... look out world here I come

WORKIT ~ Sounds like your hectic few days came to an end and you were able to get back to the gym. Good Job !! Bet you are still smiling about someone telling you you looked like you had lost weight. It is a great feeling

125BY65 ~ you did it girl.. you moved that body !!! 30 minutes is a great accomplishment...you're a superstar

PETRA ~ I wish I could not be a morning person at times.. just to sleep in a few times would be sooo nice. Hopefully you can find a program that works for you and it is nothing of a medical nature. Keep us posted on your progress.

MOMX3 ~ Yahoo... you great big loser !!! Glad that grandpa is doing well and happy mother's day to you.. enjoy YOUR day tomorrow.

SMILESAREPRICELESS ~ sounds like you are off to a great start with your program.. we should be hearing great weigh in results from you soon ! Glad to hear that we won't lose touch with you while you are in Germany !!

ASHAVISON ~ hope things are going well for you.. I have to ask.. what is the meaning behind your user id ?!?!

DEEROD ~ Glad that your party went well... but what is up with your calorie intake I am not going to lecture you as I know you know what I would say !! Keep up the good work with the exercise and make sure that you are fueling that body !

KCLAY ~ Hope you are doing well. Who's the sexy new guy on your avatar ? You have been changing them frequently.. who will be next ?!?!?

DIZZYLIZZY ~ the exercise will come... you can't expect to change everything overnight ! Get your eating on track and then start to slowly introduce exercise. As my hubby would say "some people are built for comfort, some are built for speed".. I am definately at the comfort stage right now.. but making progress towards speed and you will to... hang in there girl !!!

JENNIE ~ Sounds like you had a hectic day and made a bad choice.. but at least you recognize that and will learn from it and make a better choice next time Happy Mom's Day to you !

Phew.. I think that catches me up.. if i missed any mom's out there.. HAPPY MOM'S DAY !! @-->---- (my pathetic attempt at a rose..lol)

Hope you all have a great day/evening.. and until we meet again.. keep on keeping on
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:15 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone. Thanks to all of those who offereed welcomes. This is a really busy thread and I haven't had a chance to read many posts lately because I am a teacher and this in the end of the year, which is a super busy time for me. I am still staying on the WW Flex plan and have lost 13 pounds so far. I have even inspired some of my students. One of my 8th grade students is going to join weight watchers with me this summer and join my gym.

Dee - That's cool that we have the same name - I don't know very many other people named Melody, except my mom for whom I was named, but she uses her middle name Jean instead.

Talk to you all later.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote