Old 05-05-2005, 04:07 PM   #106  

Go for it! count me in too!
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #107  
mom5kidz

Can't do it here, it's raining
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #108  

I did it 30 minutes on the treadmill . I have to tell you guys though I did'nt work as hard as I usually would have because I don't feel good. My stomach is bothering me and I think it's my body trying to get used to the healthy eating. It wants to know where are.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:48 PM   #109  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclay61
Can't do it here, it's raining

you CAN... you can walk in place.. ... I double dog dirty dare you..!!!!
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #110  

I did it!! it's raining here too but I have one of those Lateral Thigh Trainers and I hopped on there for 32 min.... I really wanted to do 45 but I'm just starting and don't want to hurt myself.

MoonRay
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #111  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Howdy Rowdies !!

Okay, I have not done 30 minutes of exercise today... and I ain't gonna lol I know what a lazy butt !! Next week I am back to walking to and from work and that is 4k each way, so I will more than make up for it.

MOMX3 ~ hope you are feeling better and hope ll goes well for your grandfather, our thoughts are with you.

LOOKING2LOSE ~ Sounds like you are having a good day with your food choices and water. I see you changed your avatar... your peep is cool !! I also changed mine, as much as i loved my little monkey, Marlin looks so determined and that is my focus !

DEEROD ~ Hope you had a good day and thanks for the challenge. We should definately have more challenges to keep us all interested... and lets face it when people are competing against one another the gloves come off and it may push some of us to do something that we wouldn't normally do.

Good job to all of you who did your 30 minutes... i stand and cheer for you all

Well my friends, I am off to watch mindless TV.. tomorrow is spa day.. YAHOO.. so I will check in with you all later tomorrow.

Until then keep on keeping on !!!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #112  
mom5kidz

Nope, no walking in place, I walk enough in the house, doing laundry, etc. When I walk I want to go out and do it - sorry
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:18 AM   #113  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

well Alrighty then...
Hooray for momx3 and moonray!!. I am soo very very proud of you both....

looking2lose: I'm still waiting to hear how you did??

MOMX3: you are such a motivation for me.. you took 30 minutes out of your day, even though you are not feeling well and walked .. We all need to follow your example.. I officially crown you Pic Chick Diva of the Day (dun du da)

well.. incase anyone is wondering,, my day was pretty good.. I did a 50 minute aerobic tape (that kicked by big booty).. and then walked for about 1 hour..
my totals for today are
fat=27
calories=1064

My cheat day is Sunday, and I can hardly wait.. I'm gonna eat me a piece of fried chicken .. ha ha ha
tomorrow is going to be tough because it is my husbands sisters 6th b-day and we are going to her pizza party tomorrow.. I plan to eat dinner before I go.. so wish me luck.. I'll let you know how I did tomorrow..

well my lovely ladies.. I'm off to take a shower, since I sweated like a sumo wrestler sitting in a sona eating jalapenos.. I hope you all have a great night and day..

ttfn...
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:33 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Can I join, too?

Hi. I would like to join your group!

name: Melody
sex: Female
marital status: Married
highest weight: 260
current weight (last weigh in): 247
goal weight: 1st Goal - get under 200, Final Goal - about 125-135
current clothing size: 22/24
goal clothing size: 8/10
kids: R.J. 3 years old
pets: 1 Cat
diet: Started Weight Watchers Flex Plan 3 weeks ago and down 13 so far

I look forward to getting to know you all!
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:42 AM   #115  
I deserve it!

Good Morning Queens of Crime.
My girlfriend and I got 45 minutes of walking (I figure I pay taxes to the city to keep our parks nice, I might as well walk to it and through it and enjoy it). It was beautiful weather, and I was feeling really pumped I must be feeling better because it is taking me a little longer before I start sweating like a pig!

Congrats to the PICs that took up the challenge...To the rest of friends...don't fret, I feel Deerod brewing up more challenges...

momx3 hope you are feeling better (i got some water gutrot here), so i hear you. A little for grandpa, we're pulling for him.

kclay - are you doing okay, you seem so down. If there's anything we can do, just holler, whisper, email, message, post, ok? here's a for you.

moon - Excellent for you, 32 minutes for just starting out is awesome. Just pay attention to what your body is tellin you, alright, you want to stay safe.

All else, gotta get to work. TTYS. Have a good day all....and Deerod, enjoy your friend chicken!

Mantra for today "water is my friend...water is my friend....water is my friend..."
looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #116  
SMILESAREPRICELESS

MelodyAM75 - Welcome. Congrats on your success so far on WW and i hope you continue STRONG and know this is a great thread for wonderful support!!!

Well today is a fresh new day. I woke up real hungry, and was proud of myself i started off on a GOOD NOTE and had some new WW cereal i bought at the store (* real good by the way) with sliced bananas and water to drink.

I'm currently in SC but leave WED. to go back to Germany for one month. I'll get to see my husband b/c he gets home from a field exercise on May 13th ---and he doesn't leave for IRAQ until early June. So......since i haven't seen him in a month ( we all came on vacation to the states..but he had to go back early b/c of a work obligation out of town....) i can't wait to get back and see him. My daughter and I will then return to SC in June to stay for the year he is gone, and I'm gonna bust a move on my eating plan and exercise so when i see him again i can be a sexy mama

Well, let me clarify - I am already a sexy mama -- I'll just be a thinner, in better shape, sexy mama!

Ok, off to a good day of eating well and drinking WATER
smilesarepriceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies,
couldn't get the challenge in, I was running around all day but no actual activity walking fo r30 mins. I was so busy. I work with HiGh School students and we had their big all city art show awards last night, it was packed and there was food. My first goal of 20 pounds will be rewarded with a pedicure so I wore a skirt and sandels so I could see my busted toes any time I wanted to eat and remember I won't get my pedicure if I eat this junk. It worked, I only had some punch and I just talked to people the whole time. Its weird because a lot of my teachers from high school are now my peers. But its good to catch up with them.

My reason for my rededication/motivation is that I couldn't fit into my summer clothes when the weather fist started getting warm. I havn't really begun to notice a differnce in my size yet but yesterday I was like oh let me see if those capri pants will fit and I could get them on and zipped! they are still a llittle to tight to wear out and not be obsene but I think in another week or two they will be fine. last summer, I weighed around 217-220 so I'm not that far off now. After that I think I'll set my new mini goal for 199. I will be danceing in the streets when I go below 200! I can't even rember when I was under 200.

So anyway, I'm feeling very good today. I'm planning on having a good weekend, no cheating, no bad stuff. I really do feel better when I stay on point. I don't know why I turn to food when I get stress or depressed, it just makes things worse. If only I can remeber this all the time.

Have a good one.

Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #118  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning Chickadees !

My last day of vacation and I was up at 6:30.. i must be out of my mind. So sitting at the kitchen table enjoying a hot cup of and starting my day by talking to a great support group

Do you ever get those days where you look in the mirror and think how did I allow myself to get like this... I had one of those this morning and now I am much more determined to get this weight off once and for all. What I hate even more is that these lbs are ones that I have lost twice before... that irritates me

DEEROD ~ thanks for the motivation.. I think the challenges will really keep us moving. I give you loads of credit for being able to have a cheat day, I know if I allowed myself the same it would be my undoing.. good for you, enjoy your chicken. Hope the bday party goes well !

MELODY ~ Welcome, you have found a great place for support. Come on in take your shoes off, have a seat and share with us. We are all here for the same reason and are determined to succeed.

LOOKING2LOSE ~ so proud of you for getting out and moving..just think another few months and you will be doing the stairs with the stringbeans Enjoy that H2O !!

SMILESAREPRICELESS ~ sounds like you are doing great, just the tone of your post shows how happy you are So I presume that while you are away we won't be hearing from you ?!?!? We will definately keep your seat warm though, as we all want to see you succeed and be that thinner sexy mama.

JENNIE ~ sounds like you had a busy Thursday and successfully stayed on program... congrats ! I definately know that "the clothes don't fit feeling".. unfortunately mine were too far from fitting so had to go buy new ones... oh well my goal is to have them falling off me by end of summer ! I think you are so smart to have mini goals. Looking long term can seem so overwhelming but having mini goals to make keeps us focused, and the reward at the end is awesome. A pedicure.. great choice !

Hope you all have a great day.. keep on keeping on.. and I will TTYS!

Last edited by Louie; 05-06-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #119  

hello all-

Sounds as if everyone is doing well. That is great!!
I was not able to get online to get on the challenge. I was every which way but here yesterday. But today I got back to the Y did 20 mins on treadmill and 30 mins on the ellic. A total of 400 cal burned. While I was there I had a lady come up to that has not seen me in about a month and said that she could tell that I have lost weight. Plus I did 100 sit ups. Then after getting home I walked the neighbor putting Avon books out. So I got another hour of walking with pulling 2 kids in the wagon. So not to bad!!
Eating:
Breakfast bar (slim fast)
Lunch WW frozen meal 4pts w/ a salad.
Tonight we are going out for a girls night (kids) To libby Lu's and then meet up for dinner with the boys. So I have been trying to be good to beable to eat something good- Maybe French Onion Soup!!!

Well better get ready to go to my back appt.
~workit~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerod
I'm stealing this idea from a friend of mine whom originally posted "I challenge you"... I hope she doesnt mind, but I think its a great idea.. I think we should dare eachother to do thing that will help us get healthy.. so I'll go first...

I dare all of you PIC CHICKS.. to dedicate 30 minutes to walking today.. it can be around the block, around your house, or locking yourself in the bathroom and walking in place.. but you CAN NOT count grocery shopping or time you are already walking (ex: it took me 2 minutes to walk to my car ) you have to actually say.. I am going to do my 30 minutes of walking right now..

Who's in???
Deerod,
I must have received your post about the 30 minute walking challenge subliminally. This morning I finally got up to 30 minutes for the first time this go round. I started at 10 minutes 2 weeks ago and gradually urged myself to do more. I live in a large fenced apartment complex so I just walk around and around in the parking lot staying in the shade. I'm in Houston so the temperatures are starting to warm up. I'll gradually walk earlier and earlier in the morning. My positive way to respond to our heat in humidity is that some unlucky souls have to pay to go to a sauna!
125by65 is offline   Reply With Quote