Old 05-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #76  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning PIC !!
Well I am up and at it early again today. One of these days maybe I will sleep in... NOT.. after 8 hours in bed, parts of me just don't move like they are suppose to

Well today is the day that I must go look for some clothes. The weather here is starting to get a little to warm for slacks and sweaters, and it seems that all of the spring/summer clothes have shrunk... man I hate that !

I do not like shopping at the best of times; however, when I have to buy a size that makes me cringe I like it even less. Oh well it must be done, so I will suck it up and go see what I can find.

SMILESAREPRICELSS ~ Glad that you found us ! Sounds like you have a great plan set for yourself for the next 12 months. Just imagine the look on your husband's face when he sees you... VAVAVAVOOM !!! Lean on us as much as you like, you have found a great place for support.

LOOKING2LOSE ~ you have got me laughing this morning Sounds like we work in similar offices. Let me know how the mobile works out.. I can just imagine the look on your co-workers faces..LOL

Well, I am off to start the day. I will check in later and let you all know how my adventures at the mall went *ARGGG*. Until then keep on keeping on !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #77  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello my PIC angels.. how is everyone doing today? I'm doing good.. a little worried, because I'm going to meet some friends for lunch and the place they chose to go to does not have a nutritional guide.. I called the resteraunts corporate office, but they only could suggest to send a portion of my food to a lab. .. well maybe I can just get a salad.. we are going to a seafood place called Sea Island... I would suggest to go somewhere else, but I havent seen my friends in months and they are really anxious to go there.. so hopefully I wont go over on my totals today.. and I'm sooo hungry, I was running late to work this morning, so i skipped breakfast.. today is not going to be a good day ..

well enough about me

kclay61: I'm trying to weigh myself only once a month because if I weigh myself everyday and If it were to show a gain of .5 of a pound I would loose hope and give up.. even though I know certain times of the month can affect the outcome.. I'm weak.. and if I loose 5 lbs, i'm like.. wooo hoo.. i can eat dessert today.. I know.. i'm crazy

petra65: I use to do low-carb and I lost a lot of weight the first time I did it.. but when I tried to get back to it, I never got the same outcome.. It turns out I was getting too many carbs in my vegetable.. and nuts... I'm a big veggie and fruit person so I had to give low-carb up..

Moonray: welcome.. glad to have you here..

ashavison: how did the weigh in go?? I work out every other night and walk at least a mile 6 days a week.. I'm also doing low calorie/ low fat diet.. that way I can still eat something bad but just part of it as long as I dont go over my limit..

smilesarepriceless: welcome.. congrats on your baby.. and I'm sorry to hear you are going to be without your hubby for a year... thats soo sad, but you can give him a huge suprise when he gets back.. i saw this one show were a girl hadnt seen her man in about a year (military as well) and while he was gone she lost like 100 lbs.. and it was such a pretty reunion...

looking2lose: you are soo funny...

jennie934: good job on doing your pilates this morning.. I would love to be able to wake up early and get some excersize in... but.. i AM NOT a morning person..

clipclop: have fun shopping.. but just think that in a couple of months you're gonna look at the clothes you bought today and be like.. ha ha.. these fall right off of me..
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:09 PM   #78  

I am also a big reality fan. My husband HATES them and will not watch them with me but I can't miss them. I don't watch american idol though. My favorite is Big Brother and I loved Paradise Hotel I wish they would do it again.

Jennie - Good for you on the pilates this morning . It's not will power that stops me from weighing myself it's fear . I'm so scared to step on the scale and find out I weigh the same or worse more. I have been working so hard it may break me .

looking2lose - at my job we call your "string beans" the
"skinny bih's and I want to be one of them in the worst way .

smilesarepriceless - Sorry about your husband leaving . That must be hard on both of you especially with the baby being so young. I have a 20 month old daughter and she is also my motivation. I want to be able to play with her on the floor and still breathe at the same time .

Take care my friends and have a GREAT DAY!!!
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #79  
mom5kidz

Hello everyone Today is a, um, I guess, a fair day. It really hasn't started for me, yet. I'm fixing to get in my car, go p/u the girls from school, then get on the Interstate and travel an hour to my son's apt. Pick him up and, God knows what, from there.

As for reality shows - I only watch two of them - American Idol and, this year, The Bachelor(and that's only because of the bachelor himself). Other than those two I don't care. And, in all honesty, the reality theme is getting a little rediculous.

I prefer real crime type shows - CSI, Crossing Jordon, Without A Trace, oh, and HOUSE, it's a medical show - there are very few sitcoms out that I like, anymore - I do watch JOEY and Will & Grace, but not all the time. I guess I'm a prude, when it comes to TV.

As for exercise - HA - what's that? I do walk, but not everyday, like I should. In order for me to walk, I have to get in the car and drive to a walking spot. Which is the dam. They have a special place to walk - and it's lovely - but I just hate having to drive in order to get there. (i know, excuses, excuses)
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #80  

kclay - I also like all of the crime shows, house, er etc. You know maybe TV is part of my problem . What do you think? Is that precious baby still holding on for dear life? I think it's time you gave him a pep talk about the world not being such a bad place .
Old 05-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #81  
mom5kidz

I used to watch ER but it got rediculous, and it isn't the same w/o George or Anthony anymore. Even tho I do like Noah.

Yes he is still hanging by a thread. Poor momma is miserable. Her little body and his big body. She has only gained like 12lbs and it's all baby
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #82  
I deserve it!

Good afternoon gals. Gotta get this off my chest (rear, thighs, tummy) what have you....I ate an m&m cookie. Against my better judgment. I just had to tell someone. There, I feel a little better.

It's not like I am going to having a sign over my head that says 'No cookie zone,' although not a bad idea. I am sure the string beans would love that (while they are all still in a cloud thinking that 8 little smidgens of danish do not equal a whole one) Apparently morale encouragement comes in the form of baked goods today in the cubefarm. I guess it could be worse. M&Ms are my serious downfall and I could have eaten that huge bag sittin' over there next to the cookies (you know the one, the 3-pounder). But, I opted to delve in, eat a cookie and be done with it. Hence, my evening stroll is even more important.

Thanks for the ears gals. Have a good afternoon.

looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:21 PM   #83  
SMILESAREPRICELESS

you ladies are really wonderful you know that - people here make personal replies and actually read the posts what a feeling!

Clip Clop and all the gals who greeted me ----- Thanks ----

Ok - this is so lame.. i just have a hard time deciding what plan to do..in one part of my brain i'm leaning towards southbeach, etc..so i feel guilty when i eat anything with carbs....then the other part of me wants to do weight watchers...and eat what i want...sensibly.

So, my food choices for today - HONESTY --
breakfast
1 chick-fil-a biscuit
1 butter biscuit
1 med sweet tea

lunch -
2 fish filet sandwiches from mcdonalds -( i was proud i didn't do fries but i knew one sandwich wouldn't fill me up)
12 oz. Mtn Dew -

I'm embaressed that even had the nerve to write this on here...

I DO want to be amazingly different in one year and would LOVE to surprise my husband with a buff body..but i feel so weak in my food decision making choices...
smilesarepriceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #84  
I deserve it!

SMILES - I am very proud of you. Honesty of what you are eating is very hard. I am learning to do this everyday. Just started to journal yesterday. I was totally freaked out. Please remember, you never have to be embarrased here. We are all on the same team, and are here for each other, not just on the 'shout from the rooftopI lost a pound' days, but also the 'whoever invented the scale should have been shot before the patent' days.

If there is one thing that I have learned very quickly with this group of gals is that I am not on my own...and you aren't either. Grab your hopes & dreams by their tails, tie a knot and hang in there!!

looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #85  

smilesarepriceless - believe me when I say I have tried them all. I have been successful with losing alot of weight in a small amount of time on some of them but let me tell you that when I start eating normal again I put all the weight back on . Please pick something that you can live with for the rest of your life so you don't go through the same rollercoaster ride. If you think you can do without carbs do that but if you like them count calories do weight watcher or something. I truly believe you will be healthier and more successful. Also don't beat yourself up when you fall we will be here to catch you .
Old 05-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #86  

lookintolose - You are fast becoming the "PIC Clown" . I don't think I have read one of your posts that have not had me cracking up . Keep it up!!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:55 PM   #87  

[QUOTE=momX3]I have never in my life met a group of gals as welcoming, inspiring, and supportive as I have here (where I call home). Especially to finally find a forum such as this where I feel so incredibly comfortable here, and am learning that I am not alone.QUOTE]

Thank you for making me feel welcomed I have to agree with Lookins2Loose. I think this forum is exactly what I needed

MoonRay
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #88  

Hello All-
I feel guilty I have not been to the YMCA at all this week. I have been watching other proples kids this week and I can't take them with me to the nursery. On eating done ok not great but ok. But I have lost 2 more pounds so at 11 total now. I do journal everyday before I eat. This way I have to write it down before I put it into my mouth. I added a program to my PDA that way I can take it with me every where. Also I drink about a gallon of water every day. I'm wanting to try Yoga does anyone have any tips on this? I did get a cool yoga mat holder for $3 at Target the other day. No I don't have a Yoga mat but I'm ready to get one!! Just have to find one at a great price. Well better go start dinner for the gang.
TS
~workit~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi guys. Welcome to the newcomers. Smilesarepricless: What momX3 says is so true. People treat diets like they are amusement rides that you get on and get off. You need to choose an eating plan that you can stick to for life because that is the only way you will be able to take it off and keep it off. I lost 50 lbs on weight watchers only to gain 30 back because I couldn't stick with the plan. Now I'm trying something different and so far I've been sticking with it but the pounds aren't coming off as fast as I would like.

I made one of those weight trackers but I can't figue out how to get it into my signature.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #90  

Workit, Have you tried Goodwill? I went to one in Vegas and found a Yoga Mat, Balance Ball and some work out video all VERY CHEAP new and from Target, the boxes were damaged so just make sure everything is in there. I thought it was an awesome deal and that way if I end up hating the balance ball it's ok cause I didn't spend too much on it

MoonRay
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote