Old 11-18-2005, 05:17 AM   #2101  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Tgif!

if anyone is bored today.... heres a link to my photographs & some graphics i did

http://community.webshots.com/user/curly_locks

Last edited by curlylocks; 11-18-2005 at 06:24 AM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:57 AM   #2102  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone. Just when I thought my week couldn't get any worse. I had the absolute day from **** yesterday. I think it was not pure coincidence. One of my collegues has a little too much on her plate right now, and I think she decided she was overloaded and my lap looked like a good place to unload. Unfortunately, she didn't ask my permission first so I'm still pretty angry about the whole thing. On Wednesday she had actually asked me for a favor, which I did because she was overloaded. There may be an explosion at our meeting on Monday because I think the office staff participated in this and even lied to me about what was going on. The office staff seems to be playing favorites and that has to stop. I didn't get home until 8:00 last night. I just took care of the dogs, had a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese and went to bed. I was actually trying to rearrange my schedule to be helpful today but I'm not doing anyone any more favors right now until they start treating me a little better.

Enough of that rant. Congrats to everyone on their losses. I lost 2 more this week despite going over my carbs several days and not exercising very much. Doesn't exactly encourage me to change my ways, does it? Curly-thanks for the heads up on the sale at GNC. I may have to go check that out. I think I want to get some chocolate protein powder and try making some protein bars. I have a bunch of recipes for protein shakes (actually they are Dana Carpender's recipes). They are yummy. I drink them all the time. I do have a recipe for a fake graham cracker crust. I'll look it up for you when I get time Curly.

Dee-check out Four Corners, honestly. It is low carb, limited saturated fat. Your cholesterol should not go up. It was pretty much designed for people like you. Right Curly? Just don't get too compulsive about following the numbers exactly.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #2103  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies,
busy week. I'm so glad its friday. Yesterday I had to substitute teach kickboxing. I havn't had much time to work out this week because I've been unpacking and moving and all that so this was pretty much my first work out of the week. I'm so sore. I was nervous but it went OK.
I am really getting anxious becuase I dont' have a scale at home(its packed in a box that has yet to be unearthed). I have no idea how I"m doing. I'm staying on my foods list but since I havn't been doing my ussual excersise, it could be anything.

I hope every one has a good friday.
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #2104  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hey my fellow PIC chicks!!!

All I can say is TGIF!!! What a week. Dh has been away all week and every night we've had something to do with the boys. Glad to see this week done and put to bed!! LOL....Since he was away for my bday on Wednesday, we are planning all the festivities for Saturday. My youngest son (now a brand spanking new Wolf in cub scouts) has hinted that he now knows how to cook scrambled eggs. hmmm, what are the chances of breakfast in bed? Dinner out is my choice, so I decided on seafood. Either way....broiled or grilled, I think it will be a good healthy choice. My MIL shipped me the new book by Dianna Galbadon.... WOOHOO ....can't wait, this is the latest in her series about my Scottish hero, Jamie. ** sigh** Love a man with an accent. Glad to read about some losers here, GOOD JOB!!! and I mean that in a good way!!! Have a great day,

ps....best bday gift was someone at the gym telling me how great I look and wanted to know how much I had lost!! woohoo...makes those killer circuit workouts all the worthwhile.

Last edited by angel-eyes; 11-18-2005 at 12:44 PM.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #2105  

You guys won't believe this. I get to work today, and before I even get into the hospital, my pager goes off. Call the consult office, right away. One of the docs is the ER with chest pain and he was supposed to be on for this weekend! Can you believe this! Just when I said I wasn't going to help out anymore. I ended having to cancel all my cancer patients for the day to do consults. Just got home at 7:30. I think I need to find a new job. Other people are covering for the rest of the weekend, thank goodness. I may not get out of bed all day tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #2106  
Project Down-Sizing !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGEL-EYES

Sorry that we missed your birthday

My day was better today and I didn't feel the need to yell at anyone

I have school all weekend (Tax on Saturday and Human Resources on Sunday) so I think I will just take life easy tonight. DH and I just got back from picking up a few groceries, so I am going to have sushi for dinner

Curly - love all your pictures. What program do you use to make the avatars

Petra - I hope you have a relaxing weekend, you certainly deserve it

Jennie - well done on instructing the kickboxing class, I am sure you did great Are you still going to WW, or are you doing things on your own these days ?

Dee - thanks for the . It helps to know that I can come on here and rant and rave and that you will all listen and support

Okay, where are all those MIA PICs come back we miss you all !!

Well I am off to find something to do beside studying Have a great evening and a restful Saturday.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:01 PM   #2107  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hey PIC's,

Curley~ Great photos. I especially love the animals. Chai is sweet looking and the kitties- awwwwww such cuties! Thanks for sharing.

Petra~ Wow, sounds like a rough week. Hey, they were looking for a new Doc for the clinic here. Think ya could handle living on the coast in N. Cali? hehehe. Thanks for the re-suggestion on the Four Corners... I think it's been long enuf since the new car purchase that I can ask to splurge on the cost of the book. I need some kind of guidance. As seems more and more obvious to me, I can't work it my own way. I did run into my nutritionist today and she always has a pat on the back for me to make me feel better. I wish I could afford weekley sessions with her. She's awesome.

Val~ You really seem to like the WATP videos. They are great huh... I can only do the one mile walk so far.... the 2 mile starts to just kill my hips ... but it makes me sweat so much better lol... *hugs* to my Sister In Sweat lol.

Jennie~ A sub kickbox teacher?? How cool!!!! Don't stress over that scale GF, just keep doing the best you can do.

AngelEyes~ HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY...... and manyyy moorrrrrre I hope all your birthday wishes come true

TEB~ NP with listening to rants... sheesh I think we all need to just scream at the top of our lungs sometimes and having someone listen makes it feel a lot louder (and a lot more effective)lol... Glad to hear your day was better. I hope your evening was just as nice.

So happy Saturday to everyone! Here's to us all having a good day. Relax if ya can, and if not, then just stop for a sec every once in a while and take a deep breath. Oohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:23 AM   #2108  

Happy Weekend everyone!

Angel eyes happy birthday!
Curly great pics! I especially love the kitty ones!

Dee I do love the WATP but my heel has been hurting more since I started doing it. I probably need some orthopedic shoes or something. I must be getting old.

Petra congrats on your loss!

We watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tonight. It was funny! I love Johnny Deep! Has anyone seen the Corpse Bride?
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 07:29 AM   #2109  

Default Happy Saturday

Good morning everyone. As you can see, I did get out of bed. I had to feed the boys.

Happy Belated Birthday Angel. Hope you had a good time, whatever you did.

Great pictures Curly. I especially like the one of the kitty drinking out of the glass.

Dee-Here's my plug for Four Corners again. It's low carb but pretty livable (50 grams a day). They actually mention in the book that they know they are being overly conservative on the saturated fat issue but they know a few people have problems with their cholesterol on low carb so that is why they did it. (50% of fat from monounsaturated sources), 25 grams of fiber every day so you definately will be eating plenty of veggies and even some fruit and won't get constipated. They also recommend 1 cup of cultured milk products daily (yogurt, buttermilk or kefir) just because they have such great nutritional benefits. I actually try to do this anyway. The book is written so someone with a high school education could understand it and at the end of every chapter they have a special page for people with diabetes. You could drive yourself crazy trying to follow the 50% monounsaturated fat thing exactly, but as long as you try to make good fat choices whenever possible I think you would do fine.

Val-keep up the good work on your exercise and diet. You are making great progress.

Teri-all work and now play makes everyone a dull person. Make sure you find some time for yourself in there. (look whose giving that advice )

Jennie-enjoy the new house. Maybe it is a blessing to not be able to find the scale. Sometimes I wish I couldn't find mine for a few days.

Mom-good luck with your Body for LIfe stuff. Tell us how it goes.

And here is your fake graham cracker crust recipe, courtesy of Dana Carpender, the goddess of low carb cooking.

1 1/4 cup almonds
2 tbsp wheat germ
2 tbsp wheat bran
3 tbsp splenda
1 pinch salt
6 tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325.

Put your almonds in your food processor and run it until they are ground to the texture of corn meal. Add the wheat germ, wheat bran, splenda, and salt and pulse to combine. Now, turn on the processor and pour the melted butter through the tube, running the processor until everything is well combined. You may need to stop the processor and run a knife around the edge to make sure all the dry ingredients come in contact with the butter.

Turn this mixture into an 8" springform pan you've sprayed with nonstick spray. Press firmly into place. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden around the edges. Cool completely before filling.

12 servings, each with 144 calories, 14 g fat, 3 g protein, 4 g carb, 2 g fiber.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #2110  

I'm trying out a low carb pecan pie recipe today. I got it off of the protein power board. I love pecan pie and it is one of my holiday favorites. It is my first experiment baking with sugar alcohols. I'm a little nervous about how it is going to turn out. Obviously, you can only eat this in small quantities or you will be sorry. It is also loaded with fat, so those of you who watch your fat consumption won't be interested in this recipe if it turns out well.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #2111  

Sorry I keep disappearing on you guys but trying to plan and coordinate everything to do Body for Life seems to be taking alot of time. I can't wait until I get settled into it a little more. I started it on Thursday morning. I have to get up at 5:30 because he wants you to get your exercise in before you eat and the baby gets up at 6:30 usually. Anyways it's going good so far and I was'nt nearly as sore as I thought I was going to be. Today I did my lower half so we will see tomorrow how sore I will be there.

Petra - I LOVE pecan pie!! I don't know if I could use your recipe on South Beach though. Congratulations on 2 more pounds.

Valerie - I have not watched Charlie yet because everyone keeps saying it was'nt any good. Maybe I will try it. I have to take ds to see Corpse Bride. He has the Nightmare Before Christmas on DVD and watches it almost everyday. How's your back feeling?

iwmonn - I did'nt know you worked at a natural food store. I hope you can find something that works for you.

TLB - I'm glad you had a better day yesterday.

Angel - I'm sorry I missed your Birthday. I hope you had a GREAT one!!
I am a huge Diana Gabaldan fan. I adore Jamie and wish my dh was more like him! My mom has the new book and when she is done with it I will borrow it from her.

Jennie - teach kickboxing??

Curly - Those are some great pictures!! I love the water scenes. Sorry to hear about your furnace but glad you know your way around a dinnerknife . It's been in the 70's here.

TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #2112  

Pecan pie turned out good. I give it an A-. It has a stick and a half of butter in it, 6 eggs, and 2 cups of pecans. It also has some "specialty" low carb ingredients that most people don't have around the house. I'll post it if people want it.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:50 PM   #2113  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

thanks for the info again Petra... If I hear it enough it really helps lol... ok so I was checking out the whey protein at work today. I've heard enough to know soy is not the way to go... but what about Rice Protein? I don't know enough about the way the ingredients work with each other, but the numbers on the rice looked better??? cals, carbs, etc... See here I go off to add another program that I don't know anything about to my mix of the low cal, low fat, low carb, low everything and high whatever's leftover kinda diet I'm working now.(unsuccesfully I may add) hehehe...

Curly~ OK Lady.. i tried the new dessert and it is freakin' wonderful.. the changes I did because of lack of items were- I didn't use any coolwhip or chocolate powder at all... just the yogurt, pudding and a full block of nufatchel crm cheese. I also added a little splenda, but I think it was actually better before I added it. Can't wait to try it with the 'crust' from petra. I gave some to my boss and she liked it. Im seriously going to take it to the Christmas Potluck.

Mom~ keep up the good work with your new program!

Val~ getting old!?!?! Bite your tongue Young Lady. hehehe... if you're getting old, what's that make me??? Eeeekkkk never mind don't answer that.. huggggssssssss to ya!
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:32 AM   #2114  

Dee-the only thing I've seen people use rice protein for is to cook/bake with. I don't think it tastes good enough to use as a regular food item but you can ask around. On the protein power board, the people who can't tolerate the whey protein for some reason seem to go to egg white protein, not rice. Some people are not big on using these powders anyway because they aren't "real" food. They certainly aren't a requirement.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:44 AM   #2115  

Dee-I posted a question on the protein power board about rice protein. I'll let you know if anyone has any experience with it. Someone was asking about eggwhites already--they put it in their coffee. Who would have thought of that?