Old 04-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #556  

Default Hello, my friends!

Hope this finds everyone doing well. I'm sorry it's been a while since posting but it's been crazy here, let me tell ya! Things are settling down, though and our routine is starting to kick back in. My DD's were w/their dad last week for spring break so DH and I got some good quality time. We always enjoy down time and time alone but we were ready for our babies to come home on Sunday. All in all, the girls had a good trip and definitely enjoyed the time w/their younger sibs.

It sounds like everyone is doing well and getting or staying on track.

TOF-I'm glad to read that you're starting to feel better. Depression is not an easy thing to deal w/but you sound like you're doing positive things to overcome. Hang in there. We're always here for you. Balance is something that's hard to achieve but it's well worth it. I had to learn to balance things by learning how to say "no" and how to realize that I can't please everyone. I'm very proud of you for not giving up! Where are you going for vacation?

Marie-how's it going? Congrats on your weight loss! Woo-hoo! You go girl. I haven't weighed for about a week due to TOM but I will weigh in Monday, 04/18 and let you guys know how it went. I did measure my chest, hips, waist and thighs and discovered that I've lost 13.5 inches of me since 06/04! Yeah. It was a good non-weight related way to see how far I've come. Anyone else measured lately? P. S. I love my gazelle, too!

Choc-congrats on your weight loss! Who needs genies? You're doing great! Keep up the good work.

Splashes-you're so much fun. You always give good advise and you seem to always be on an even keel. How's it going for you today?

well, my DH surprised me w/a night out last week. We tried out a new restaurant and it was very good. Food was great and service was excellent! Then we went to the mall and he asked me for ideas for my birthday/mother's day. We had a great time.

Exercise and eating has been going well. I've started going to the circuit room at the Y three times a week in addition to doing my 20 miles a week for my walking club. I finally caught up on the miles I missed while I was sick about a month ago. I've walked 281 miles so far.

DH GOT A JOB! He'll be working at a national park site here in KY. It's temporary-until the end of August but we're praying and hoping that it turns out to be something more permanent. We have set down and agreed on the things that we're going to do w/the money from his job. We're going to build up our emergency fund, do maintenance on vehicles-nothing big just upkeep-pay off some little bills and then adjust our budget. We just don't want to do anything dumb again. I'm so thrilled that we waited for just the right job. YEAH.
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #557  

Hi all,

Great news Skinny about your dh's job! Sounds like a nice job for the summer. I hope it works out beyond that too. Great job exercising. Thanks for the good advice.

My mom is giving my dh and I a night out this weekend - a welcome gift. I'm not sure where we are going but it will be someplace near the ocean - I crave the ocean. I'm so excited about having this night - I need it so, so, so bad. I have to start fitting in adult time more often so I don't collapse like I did this weekend.

Fairly good eating day today. I'm going to correct lots and lots of papers tonight since I'm feeling better, then get back onto exercising tomorrow I hope.

Take care all.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:23 PM   #558  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Congrats on the job and the 281 miles Skinny!! hello to everyone!! Things are nice here in Canada..got chilly again today but didn't have to wear my winter coat. Keep on track everyone!!! Life is good..there is always someone worse off somewhere in the world!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #559  

Default Good morning, my friends!

How's everyone doing this fine day? Things here on this hump day Weds are good. I'm tired as I stayed up too late w/family watching a movie but other than that it's a good day. I've even had my cappuccino this morning and I"m still tired. Hmm...maybe I should get another capp!

I did 30 minutes in the circuit room yesterday and met my water goal. I didn't get in any walking time yesterday as we had dinner w/friends last night. I'll just have to have 5 more miles before Friday so I should be able to manage that w/no problem. I certainly don't want to fall behind again!

TOF-thanks for the congrats on DH job. We are looking forward to it and how it will help to stabalize our financial situation. You know, God surely is good to us. DH has been out of work since 11/04 but we've never gone w/o anything we needed. Yep, God is good! Let us know how you're night out w/your DH goes. I hope you have tons of fun and how nice of your mom!!

Splashes- I couldn't agree more! Life is good! If everyone would look at how good life is and how blessed they are, there would be lots less complaining in this world and more selflessness. Yep, life is good. Hope things are well w/you.

The movie we watched last night was the original version of Ocean's 11. It had the Rat Pack-Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr. Joey Bishop. Also, Peter Lawford, Norman Fell, Cesar Romero and Angie Dickinson. It was packed w/star power! It was totally awesome. Different than the new one, of course, but good, good, good. The ending was surprising and hilarious! My youngest DD was happy b/c she got to hear Dean Martin sing. She loves Dean Martin and has a couple of his cd's. Anyway, worth renting if you like the oldies but goodies.

If a movie is a remake, we generally always watch the original and the remake. Also, if it's based on a book, I read the book as well. I know-I'm a little odd but hey-it makes life interesting! Another movie that we'ver recently watched the original and the remake is the Italian Job. Both were good but I liked the new one better. There are two "bad" cuss words at the very end of the movie that I definitely could have done w/o. Other than that, excellent movie.

Well, kinda got off subject there but oh, well!

TTYL. Have a great day!!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:13 PM   #560  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi TOF, Skinny and Hots, it's so nice seeing everybody posting again. I definitely think that winter was difficult for more than just me. Skinny, congrats DH for me. He will definitely feel better about himself now that an outside source finds him "worthwhile" to emply. That's a great boost to anyone's self esteem. TOF, enjoy your night out. It definitely sounds like you could use a diversion. Hots, no doubt we are lucky. Sometimes it's easy to forget, but a good reminder never hurts.

I was on plan yesterday and I'm starting to feel better about my eating and weight gain. I've chalked it up to winter and my aversion to it. So I start off in a place better than last year. I'm okay with the 10 pound gain now. But 1 pound has now been lost (I hope I never find it again). So 9 to go and that'll take a little while.

Tonight is exercise night and I don't know what I'll make for dinner. I did have a bigger breakfast and I'm not as munchie at work today. If a bigger breakfast makes the morning munchies easier to deal with I'll have to revamp my calorie schedule.

Talk with you all later. Did I mention that I'm glad everyone's back? Yes, I think I did.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:06 PM   #561  

Hi Marie, Hots and Skinny, wow, am I happy to be back (emotionally and on this site). Next time the warning signs of a "fall" come I just have to heed them. I started getting the symptoms about one month ago, that's when I should have taken a day or two off work, had a weekend away, hired a house cleaning service or something just to take the edge off. Like all of you, I work really hard. I tend to use up every ounce of energy that I have because I have so many things I want and like to do. Sometimes that leaves me flattened. I just can't afford that anymore - balance is a goal.

Just thinking about last year is motivating. Just think last year at this time I weighed 210 lbs and was wearing a size 20. Thanks to all of your help, inspiration, listening and being there I was able to shed 30-40 lbs (not sure of current weight - I'm getting the courage to weigh in again). Now that the good weather is here and everyone is back on I think we can all meet our next goal whatever that may be. How can I help you?

I can help myself by fitting exercise in on a regular basis, eating healthy and making time to do what's important. Usually an image or prize of some sort helps me on this journey. Right now the image I'm holding onto is running into the waves at the ocean during my summer vacation (about 12 weeks away) at 160 lbs feeling better than I've felt at the beach in a long time (about 15 years!!!!). What I like best about sticking to this journey is how good it feels to wear clothes that aren't too tight, to walk without too much trouble and to not face the put downs that you face when you're overweight.

Enough of my speech. I'm wondering what's motivating all of you to stick to the journey. Is it an image? A prize or "carrot" of some kind?

Thanks again for being here. I am so lucky to have you.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:58 AM   #562  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

just popping to say helloooooooo to everyone!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #563  

Default Good morning, ladies

Hope this day finds everyone doing great. Things here areo good. I did 30 minutes on the gazelle yesterday and 30 minutes in the circuit room at the Y this morning. We'll probably go for a walk later this evening as well. At least I'm hoping so. It's a pretty day here and I want to take advantage of the good weather.

Motivation-I have several motivators for me. First, I just want to be healthy. I believe I've talked about my mom on this thread before. Next month will be five years since she passed away. BTW-please say a prayer for me and send me good thoughts around 05/06. Mom passed away three days after my bday and the weekend before mother's day so this time of year is hard for me. I've really been having it rough this year. I don't know if it's b/c it's such a big anniversary or what but I'm very emotional and very much missing my mom. So, some good thoughts/prayers would be appreciated.

Anyway-I watched my mom struggle for years w/her weight and watched her miss a lot of things b/c her weight kept her from being active like she wanted. Her extra weight also caused health problems that wouldn't have been there otherwise. So, just having the quality of life I want is my biggest motivation. I do have these images in my head, though, of certain outfits I can wear and certain activities I can try after I reach my goal. For instance, I would like to try hang gliding! I also have a picture of me in a wedding dress in two years. DH and I are hoping to go to Gatlingburg for our 5th ann. and renew our vows w/our kids there. When we married two years ago, we just went to church and got married. Just us and two witnesses. So, we'd like to go and have pix made w/the kids, etc. Also, I keep the image of the look on DH face when I present him w/the glamour shots I plan to have done after I lose my weight. Oh, la la!

TOF-congrats on striving for balance in your life. It's very important and very hard to do! You sound like you've got a good start, though so just hang in there. We're here for ya.

Marie-sounds like you did well yesterday. Good for you! I'm glad you're getting back on track. I'm definitely w/you on the breakfast train. I've been eating some of my DD's froot loops for breakfast some this week and I'm famished by 9:00 a.m.! So, back to my oatmeal and cream of wheat. They fill me up much more than cereal.

Hots-how's it going? Stop in when you've got a few minutes and fill us in.

Thanks to everyone on the job congrats for DH. Poor guy is still a little paranoid. I don't think he's told anyone except a couple people about his job! He's definitely looking forward to it, though. I'm very glad for him.

Well, gotta run. TTYL. Thanks for being here! You're all very special to me.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:18 AM   #564  

Hi all. Skinny, it's always great to hear your words of wisdom. I liked hearing what motivates you. The glamour shots sound super. I also like your dream of a wedding. Dreams are so important. Vacation starts in eight hours and I can't wait to be there. I'll check in later. Take care all.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:22 AM   #565  

Default Good morning, all

How's it going for everyone? Things here are good. I stayed up too late last night. We're going to my brother's this weekend to celebrate my sis-in-love's bday and my brother and I had our wires crossed. He thought it was Sunday; I though it was Saturday so he planned something else for Saturday. So, we're having it tonight which means I had to stay up last night to make the cake. But, she's worth it. She ordered a homemade deep dark chocolate cake w/chocolate buttercream frosting. Yum. And ladies, I'll just tell you now that I plan to eat some cake, especially after staying up late last night to make it! I promise to be good, though-one small piece of cake and one small scoop of ice cream.

I'm doing pretty good w/eating/exercise/water. I did 30 minutes in the circuit room at the Y yesterday morning and a 4.5 mile walk w/DD's last night. Also did 30 minutes on the gazelle this morning. I'm feeling pretty good about it all right now.

TOF-Enjoy your vacation? Where are you going or did you already tell us and I missed it? At any rate, ENJOY!!

That's it for me for now. TTYL. Have a great day!!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:31 PM   #566  

Hi all, just checking in for motivation to begin again. Fairly good days, but not back to the old momentum yet. I'm TIRED but the vacation is here so I'm ready to take off tomorrow afternoon with my dh somewhere. Haven't decided where yet, but a place with plenty of natural beauty - nature fills me up! Hoping to weigh in and exercise tomorrow as a start. I'll check in to let you know that I DID IT!!! Enjoy the cake Skinny - a little cake doesn't hurt - it only hurts when you eat it everyday as we all know. Take care.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:23 AM   #567  

Hi, I'm off to Maine to replenish by the ocean - just the sound of the waves bring me peace. We're bringing our bikes so we can get some real exercise (and lots of warm clothes because it is still cold up there). I hope everyone has a good weekend.

I just tried on some clothes that fit three weeks ago and the clothes are too tight! I expected that. I threw out all my "fat" clothes as Dr. Phil suggests in his books, so there's no where to go but down again. Here's hoping this is the start of another really successful leg of the journey. Thanks for being here everyone.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #568  

Default Good morning, my friends!

Hope this day finds you doing well. Things here are good. I had a good weekend and YES, I did eat some cake and ice cream! And it was worth every flex point I had to use! Other than that, I was good this weekend. Did well w/exercise, eating and water intake. Feeling pretty good about how everything is going. I'm finding myself addicted to exercise, though. I can't go a day w/o exercising in some fashion, even if it's just to go for a short walk. I just feel so much better when I have some exercise and part of it is b/c that's MY time. It's something that I do only for me. I did 30 minutes on the gazelle Friday, walked four miles Sat. walked 2 miles yesterday and did 30 minutes in the circuit room at the Y.

TOF-I hope you're having a great time! Relax and enjoy yourself. Like you, nature is one of my biggest calmers. I like to just walk around outside and enjoy this beautiful world we're living in. We're going to try to build a deck on the back of the house this summer. I can hardly wait! We can grill out-our favorite way to eat. And I have already placed an order for a glider swing so we can just sit out there and chill. Ahhh, I'm relaxing already!

Hots and Marie-hope things are going well w/you. Pop in soon to let us know how it's going. TTYL.

Have a great day!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:30 PM   #569  

Hi all. Skinny, I think it is great that you are addicted to exercise. I'm hoping to gain that addiction. Maine was beautiful. We spent a lot of time biking up and down the coast. I'm finally ready - mentally and physically to be back on track. The weather really helps too. Have a good day.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:31 PM   #570  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

hi ToF and Skinny, I'm glad you both are doing good. I'm still struggling to stay on track. Just the slightest nudge and I fall off the wagon. I know what you mean ToF when you said that you just don't have the same motivation. I'm in that boat too. So I dusted myself off again and am ready to start again. I think if spring ever gets to the Pacific Northwest, I will be in a lot better frame of mind to ignore the nudges. Last year at this time, we had our pool open (not for swimming but for heating and the winter tarp put away). This year, it's still snowing out. I hate winter and it won't leave this year. I keep looking at the weather.com and hope the 10 day forecast will give me hope, but it continually doesn't. I think I put my lightbox away too early. But on the spring side, my tulips and daffadils are blooming in spite of the weather. And my tomatoes have germinated. I July when I complain that it is 100 degrees you can all remind me how I was begging for spring to arrive...

Kodiak, my dear Siberian Husky, got into my abuterol (asthma med) and got a whole container full this weekend. He had to go to doggie hospital and be taken care of for the toxic levels. I got to bring him home today, but he's still a little out of it. I'm just thankful he dind't die. He was definitely at risk. I was so worried and stressed. Put those two together and you can probably guess why I fell off the wagon.

That's it for now. TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote