3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 04-19-2005, 09:08 AM   #571

Hi Marie, it's good to hear that you share my struggle. The winter really did me in this year. Luckily spring has come to these parts. I'm sure you'll see the sunshine soon. Is there any chance that you can get away for a night somewhere south just to soak up a little sunshine - if not, maybe a great movie or "summer" like experience will help. My problem was I just didn't give into my overwhelming need for a break early enough and let myself sink.

I'm floating again - Thank God and I'm ready for this journey again. I'm not looking back - I'm looking forward. I hope you don't mind if I strategize for today here. I'm heading into Boston with the boys for the day. Here's the plan.
Take the train in, stop for a healthy lunch at a sit down lunch spot. I'll have a salad or healthy sandwich with a large glass of water. If I get hungry later I'll choose fruit. Lots of walking and sugarless gum when I can't resist the urge. I'll check in later to let you know how it goes. I really want to focus on the boys today since I've been emotionally unavailable for a couple of months. Take care. Have a good day.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:34 PM   #572

Default Hello, my friends!

Hope this day finds you all doing well. Things here are good. My brain is a little fried right now. I've been working on one case all morning and decided it was time for a break! Ugh. I still don't have the problem figured out but will be talking w/my ofc. mgr. in a little bit so maybe, between us, we can conquer it! I hope so.

I did well w/food yesterday. I was exactly on point. I did my stretching video in the morning and a 3.5 mile walk last night. The walk was very nice. We ran into my sister-in-love while we were there and my family ran me off. I know they were planning for my bday, 05/03 and mother's day. Yeah! Then my oldest DD came and walked w/me and we had a good talk. She's sending out feelers about different careers and it's fun to listen and watch. I can't believe she'll be 16 this year! I just keep looking at her wondering if I've told her everything she needs to know. *sigh* They grow up so fast!

Marie-I was sorry to hear about your pet. I'm glad he's getting back to normal. What a fright! As for spring, is there anyway you could grill out some chicken or steaK or something? To me, that's the real sign that spring is here: folks on their back porch grilling their food! Might help you hang in there until spring actually arrives. Also, maybe you need to drag out your lamp for a little while longer. Hang in there. It will get better! Sending you good thoughts and hugs and warm fuzzies!

TOF-sounds like you're definitely enjoying your time off. I'm so glad you managed to relax and get away from everything. Your strategy for today sounds solid to me. Glad to hear you're back. Remember, we've come a long way together and we'll see each other through to the finish line! We're in this thing together.

Splashes-where are you? Let us know how you're doing!

Come on, girls. Let's stay motivated and continue to lift each other up! We will succeed!!

Last edited by skinny_butt; 04-19-2005 at 02:43 PM.
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #573
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi ToF and Skinny, things went pretty good today. I stayed on plan and didn't deviate. Kodiak is doing a little better but still isn't himself. I think he's a little freaked out with his near death experience. I haven't exercised and don't plan to tonight. I'm going to watch American Idol once I get a couple more sentences down here. That's why this is so choppy. TOF, I'm glad to hear you're floating again. I'm going to say I'mt reading water until a week or two passes and I don't fall off track again. Skinny, you are a wonder on the exercise. Will you do some for me too? Pretty please???? At least I drank all my water today. That and staying on plan were a victory. Talk to you later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #574

Hi all. Marie, I'm sorry about Kodiak, I hope he feels like himself soon. Thanks for reminding me about water. Skinny, yes the exercise is awesome. I bet you notice it with the way your clothes fit and body feels.

I went shopping last night - a wonderful reminder about getting on track. The 10 lbs I've gained really showed in the clothes I was trying on. Rather than get super down and eating everything in sight, I reminded myself that I was still down several sizes from last spring.

I'm going to try a veggie/fruit/non fat yogurt only diet for one week to jump start. I think I need that kind of strict regulation to get me back on track. Calorie counting just isn't working. I'm also going to try exercising outside by running, walking or biking rather than the gym for variety. I'm the kind of person who needs/loves variety. I get tired very quickly of the same old, same old. As you can see I keep trying to get back on and keep missing the mark. I'm hoping this one-week restricted diet will help as I won't have to think about food choices since I only have three and I can focus on some other areas of life which need focus.

We had a great day walking all over Boston yesterday. Great people watching and a beautiful day. Lots of marathoners limping the streets with proud smiles on their faces. Today I'm doing chores then taking the kids to a local farm for a visit and hike. It's so nice to have time (it is school vacation week), energy and patience (thanks to the getaway). It's the way I like to be. I have to really try to keep this energy going - I think balancing my life better will help.

I wish all of you a great day. Thanks so much for being here. I really need you and appreciate your support. Take care.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #575

Default Good morning, my friends!

Well, the exercise queen overslept this morning! So, no exercise this morning. I'll try to squeeze in 30 minutes on the gazelle tonight.I did 30 minutes in the circuit room and a 2 mile walk w/DD's last night. DH didn't walk w/us as he'd walked 8 miles yesterday at work! So, he napped while we walked and then we watched a movie together. Just a nice lazy family night.

things here are good. I'm sleep today but I think it's b/c I overslept. Or maybe I just need some coffee! At any rate, it's almost lunch time and I'm still yawning up a storm.

TOF-You sound like you're truly getting back on track. You handled the snug clothes thing very, very well! Your food plan sounds pretty solid as well. Good for you. I'm glad you're able to relax and enjoy yourself. I like to people watch as well. And I'll bet you're getting a lot of it w/all the walking you're doing.

Marie-Good for you on your water and staying w/your diet. I'm sure you're exercise will come into line soon as spring has sprung for your corner of the world. Just hang in there. I was also glad to hear Kodiak is doing better. Keep us updated.

Splashes-where are you? We miss you. Check in soon.

Ladies, take care. Thanks so much for being here. I don't think I could do it w/o you!

Old 04-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #576

afternoon all!!!!

did my exercise for today. 20 min weights/30 min aerobics and 15 min pilates.

have had 4 glasses of water so far..my problem? getting enuff veggies and fruits in..ill have a serving of fruit for breakfast and a serving or two of veggies for dinner but that's it..blech

MINI GOAL

ULTIMATE GOAL
chocolatecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:30 PM   #577

Hi all! Chocolate, the one good thing so far about my veggie/fruit jump start is that I'm focusing on those two foods - the variety available and the different ways to prepare them. I never get enough either.

Skinny, thanks for the encouragement. I've read that walking is the best exercise. I think the low impact nature of it is great. One reason for my recent health journey "collapse" I think might have been that I literally ran myself into the ground. I was exercising so much and so fast that my body just got exhuasted (one of many exhaustion reasons). Walking is a good amount of exercise while not overtaxing the body. I've got a lot to learn about balancing exercise and diet. I'll be listening to all your posts. Keep up the great work - just think you're so close to the 200 mark. WE CAN DO IT! WE CAN DO IT! When is our one-year mark. We should be close to our goal then. Thanks for all the good words and encouragement.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:44 PM   #578

Hey-chocolate-good to see you! We've been missing you. I don't mind my my fruit/veggies but I definitely like this time of year when there is more variety of fresh fruit/veggies. I much prefer fresh over frozen but like frozen better than canned. Anyway, you sound like you're doing well. Keep up the good work w/your exercise and water!

TOF-I love to walk, especially this time of year. I love to watch spring unfold before my eyes and to see the beauty of this world we're in. It inspires me. I know what you mean about wearing out your body w/exercise. That was always my problem before, I'd jump in head first and then be worn out and burned out in a few weeks. So this time, slow and steady was my mantra. I started w/15 minutes on the elliptical and I'm up to 60 minutes now. Slow and steady is always better when you're talking about lifestyle changes.

Take care, ladies. Be kind. Stay focused. We can do it!

Oh, I'm going to look back to see when we started this thread and I'll let you know when our year mark will be!

Old 04-20-2005, 04:48 PM   #579

It's me again. This thread was started on 08/19/2004 so we're a little over four months away from our first "anniversary". I'm betting we'll all be much healthier and slimmer at that time, wouldn't you?

Old 04-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #580

Hi all - just four months away - a celebration to look forward to! I'm so glad to be back. Thanks for telling about your walking. I did take a walk today with the boys at a nearby farm. It was very beautiful as you say "watching spring unfold." There were lots of little lambs running around. I let my four year old be the boss and lead me all around. It was great fun to let him be in charge and not to be rushing. Tonight we rode our bikes to a local pub for dinner. I had already eaten my veggie chili so I just had a diet coke and let them order burgers. I was so psyched that I resisted all temptation - first time in a long time, but I remember that every positive resistance or decision is a step forward on this journey. It's all those little steps together that make this life change. Thanks for being here.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #581
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Choc, Tof and Skinny. I love that that the thread is active again. I participate in a few other threads but this is my favorite. You gals are my friends and I share more with you. ToF, I too get burned out by exercise and I don't know what the happy medium is between too much and too little. I have good intentions and follow through for several weeks. Then I blow it away with eating and no exercise. My thoughts lately have been that I will just keep getting back on the exercise/diet wagon no matter how many times it takes. That every day that I'm living healthy, it's one less of being sluggish. So we can do this together. Eat healthy, drink water and exercise in moderation. Tomorrow I promise I will exercise. Too many hours at work have made me exhausted.

Skinny, I love watching spring unfold. I think that's why our weather has been so depressing. The flowers and trees are doing their thing in spite of the weather but when you're outside and a strong wind is blowing the north pacific on you, it loses some of it's ambiance. I did just now kill my first mosquito of the year.

So tomorrow I exercise. 30 minutes on the gazelle or the exercycle. I promise. I'm bringing Kodiak to the vet tomorrow so I have to leave work a little early. I can't see my going back just for some extra non-paid hours (salaried, not hourly). Nope, I will have energy and I'll exercise.

Today I was good on the food. I added up my calories and was at about 1550. I've always dieted at 1700 calories and lost weight, so I'm aiming between 1500 - 1700 calorie range. Since DH is gone for 2 weeks, it is easy to stay within the calorie range. I don't blame him, but I don't make dinner when I'm by myself. I have eggs and a slice of toast (homemade cinnamon raisin bread that is 200 cal per slice). When DH is here, he's partial to having dinners, not breakfast.

Well, it's about time for DH to call, so I'd better stop now. Thanks for being my friends.
Marie
Old 04-21-2005, 10:34 AM   #582

Default Good morning, my friends.

Hope this day finds you doing well. Things here are good. I did 30 minutes at the circuit room today and will walk w/my family tonight. I didn't do any exercise yesterday except a short walk to the library during lunch hour. AND I ate M&M's yesterday! hee, hee-I'm so bad. They were soooo good! Even w/the M&M's, I was still within my points for the day so I'm not going to worry about it. Gotta relax sometimes!

Oh, Bill (DH) told me last night that we are going to grill out at the lake for my birthday! Yeah! Plus, my sister-in-love's mom will be here as well and she is a dear, precious family friend so that will double my blessings! I'm already looking forward to it!

TOF-A four year old boss, aye? That sounds like fun. They definitely look at the world through different eyes than us jaded adults, don't they? congrats on your will power in resising those burgers. You're doing great!!

Marie-YEAH! Your first mosquito! That's a sure sign that spring is headed your way. congrats on your calorie intake. Sounds like things for are going well for you. Good look w/your exercise tonight. Be sure to let us know. Also, let us know how Kodiak is doing.

Ladies, thank you so much for being her and being my friends. I look forward to continuing to get to know you better. Take care!!

Old 04-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #583

Hi all.

Skinny, good for you exercising. The birthday celebration sounds like great fun. What day is your actual birthday? I hope you have wonderful weather. Do you think he'll grill a lot of tasty veggies along with everything else.

Marie, good to hear from you. Like you, it's much easier for me to diet when I'm just thinking of my own eating needs. I get hungry at different times than others in my family, by dinner time I can easily go for something small. My hungriest time is 4pm - that's when I'm ravenous.

Good day so far. I'm still trying my veggie/fruit jump start. I went crazy eating veggie chili last night and it still didn't add up to many cals. I slept so well. I'm beginning to think that sugar has a real negative affect on me. I noticed last fall when I wasn't eating any sugar that I felt better and that my moods were much more even. Many people, in fact, commented on it. I have my energy back and I'm cleaning a lot - it feels so good to get the house back in some kind of shape.

Have a good day.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:17 PM   #584
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, Kodiak came threw with flying colors. Today was the first day he seemed normal and the blood work came back ďawesomeĒ according to the vet. So there might not be any long term damage. I even had to yell at him since he took tomorrowís lunch off the counter and was chowing down it. Yep, my baby boy is much better.

Skinny, congrats on having something yummy and staying in your points. Thatís the only way I can diet is to incorporate goodies into the diet plan. Your birthday celebration sounds like fun. Also, how is DH and his new job? Is he liking it? I bet thatís helping with the depression side of bipolar. Itís amazing what a boost in self-esteem will do.

ToF, maybe Iíll need to try your vege chili and the vege/fruit/yogurt jump start. I can see that getting rid of sugar would be a good thing. The one time I failed at Adkins, I was in much better moods and felt so good. The failure came from hating meat. Meatless and Adkins just donít go together very good. Then there was the fact my breath stunk and I was starving since I wouldnít eat.

I exercised tonight. If I hadnít made the promise to you both last night, I think I would have skipped it, but I followed through. So tomorrow I already promised my 3 doggies that Iíd take them running (they run, I walk) on Hamaker Mountain. So I will be exercising tomorrow too. Heavens, perhaps thereís hope for me.

I ate about 1350 calories and drank my water too. I did good. Yeah!!!! And tomorrow is my very favorite day of the week. Friday is the longest away from Monday for weekends and Iím taking Monday off, so itís even more of a break. I donít know if that made sense but itís my warped thinking. I love Fridays. Even more than Saturday or Sunday. Call me weird.

Thatís about it. Talk to you all tomorrow and take care of yourselves.
Marie
Old 04-22-2005, 08:01 PM   #585

Hi all. Marie, I'm still sticking to the veggie/fruit plan for the most part. I did have a bit of pepper steak with my stir fried onions/peppers tonight. Otherwise I stuck to yogurt, nonfat milk, veggies and fruits. I slept really well last night. I went shopping again today as I do not have enough spring clothes that fit for work. Believe it or not the clothes fit better today than three days ago and it felt good. I also tried on a few things that I'd like to wear in a couple of months - those styles will be on sale then. I should shop for clothes once a week just to keep motivated. I really like fashion and design and for the first time in a long, long time I can actually wear a few styles that I like.

Marie, I'm glad that Kodiak is back to his old self. That must feel good. I hope you had a good run with your dogs. I really enjoy hiking to the top of mountains. Your area sounds beautiful.

Take care and have a good night.