Old 05-25-2005, 05:00 AM   #631  

I know what you mean Marie, however the book "Thin for Life" says that the scale is important in keeping a good weight throughout life. I'm looking forward to hopping on the scale - it probably won't be until the weekend after school ends - June 18th. That's when I'll be able to face it again. I haven't been too off, but I haven't been as on as I was with this health journey. I'm trying to do a really good job tying up the school year so I can focus on body, health and family this summer. Take care. I'm looking forward to journeying in earnest soon. Thanks for sticking to this site.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #632  

Hi all. Hope you are well. The sun has been missing for days. At least I've completed a lot of work - no warm weather distractions. Take care. Skinny, I miss you.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #633  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi ToF, I understand not being as good as you used to be. That's me completely - but I'm a lot happier without being obsessed. At this point I just don't want to gain. I'm making good food choices and losing weight seems to be really hard for my body at this point. Every pound is five times as hard as it was when I was younger. So I'm trying not to be obsessed, but trying to make a life style change of smaller portions and healthy choices. I know that I could lose weight at 1200 calories and eating diet everything, but I won't do that for life so I'm trying this.
Talk to you later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:17 PM   #634  

Hi Marie, balance is the key and feeling good is a great goal. We finally had some sunshine this weekend and I was able to get out and bike a couple of days - I loved it! The sunshine and the beautiful green scenery (thanks and no thanks to all that rain) made it a great experience. I'm still struggling with the eating, but I suspect that will become easier as my work load begins to diminish. Our house is full of lots and lots of healthy alternatives and that's what I've been eating mainly - so still a bit too much, but most of it very healthy. This summer the goal will be to get strong so that I can keep a better balance once the school year begins again in September.

It's good to hear your thoughts. Take care.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:38 AM   #635  

Hi Marie and all, I'm feeling the energy to begin again. I think I can do it this time - I'm back on. Thanks for being here. Skinny, how are you?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #636  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi ToF, I'm still struggling a bit. Food at work is my downfall. My co-workers bring in my favorite stuff and buy me starbucks. So I eat and drink - then I pay with weight gain. I shouldn't have breakfast at home and that would take care of the problem, but then those would be days that they don't bring something in. I don't keep food at work because I have no willpower while I work so then I'd be stuck. It's definitely a problem but I will continue to work at. I'm glad that you're back on track. We can do this together.
Marie
Old 06-02-2005, 06:33 PM   #637  

I know the problem Marie. In the fall I gave up all food at school that I didn't bring - that was great! Once I started eating the school snacks again I started gaining the weight. The only way for me is to say NO to school snacks which I didn't do today and ate the lousy muffin and two tiny Twix bars. School junk food - NO MORE!!!!

As far as Starbucks go the cafe latte vente nofat is not too bad on cals and very, very tasty plus you're getting a bit of calcium. That's what I get every so often and I love it. They probably have a low cal ice coffee as well.

I also ate lots of carrots, broccoli, salad, watermelon and a banana today. Those little carrots make a great low cal crunchy snack. Watermelon is so yummy. The sun is out today here. When I see the sun I eat half as much - interesting.

Take care - yes, we can do this. Think how good it will feel to one day be posting at our desired weights - what's your goal by the way. Take care.

sw210
cw 180 (I did step on a scale over the weekend - too tempting)
gw 150
Old 06-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #638  
Lifelong Journey Member

It's funny, ToF. You asked what my goal and my initial answer is to lose any weight. I've been stuck for so long, any loss would make me happy. But overall, I want to get to 140, about 60 pounds from where I am now. I forgot to have hubby give me the scale back so I didn't weigh in. I did step on a scale at work and wasn't very pleased. I usually weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. This one was before the bathroom and after eating and drinking. So I wasn't too worried. I will weigh in on Tuesday. I figure I have the weekend and Monday off, and I'd hate to ruin those days. Ruining a work day mood isn't too bad.

You'd have been proud. My co-worker asked what I wanted from Starbucks and I said nothing, that I was full from breakfast. Yeah!!! I did have two chocolate chip cookies, but at least I'm trying and saying no. I will be better from this point on. My promise to you. We can do this and I sure can do better than I have been.

Take care and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Marie
Old 06-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #639  

Hi Marie,

Does your school get crazy at the end of the year. I get so sensitive and there are so many "bumps in the road" because everyone is tired and trying to finish up. Today was one of those really tough school days. It's so hard to do a good job and meet all the needs. I guess it's actually impossible, but I try.

Anyways, I didn't sucumb to junk food - that's the good news. In fact, for the first time in a long time, I dumped a handful of chocolates on the teachers' room table that someone gave me. That little act gave me strength for the rest of the day. I remember that when we all started this thread we would tell about the foods we skipped - like your starbucks. That makes us strong. I'm ready Marie to work on this in earnest again. Thanks for staying faithful to the thread. I hope Skinny comes back too. I'm sure her life is simply very, very busy. Take care.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #640  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi ToF,

I'm very proud of you for not eating the chocolates. Isn't amazing that one act of being good can carry you through the rest of the day? Last Friday I said no to Starbucks and it made me feel good about myself.

Today has gone good food wise. Of, course, it's only 12:20 in the afternoon but so far it's been okay. I did get a coffee but that wasn't too bad. I need to be really good about lunch and then it'll be a successful day.

I just went out to DH's workshop and retrieved my scale. Tomorrow I'm going to weigh in and get totally back on track. Exercise, water and diet. I'm ready. It should be too difficult to get on track since I didn't fall too far off. So I'm ready to work in earnest too. Starting now.

TTYL.
Marie
Old 06-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #641  

Yes, we can do it. I'm not in balance when I'm teaching - there's so much to do. That's going to be my big challenge for the fall of 2005 - getting a better balance. For now I'm just trying to get through the end of the year with a job well done then exercise and health will be the main focus in addition to family. Thanks for being here.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #642  
Lifelong Journey Member

Well this is my last day off until July. I have to work the rest of the month. It should go by quickly. I weighed in yesterday and I didn't lose anything over the month without the scale, but I didn't gain anything either. To be honest, I took that as a victory. Without a doubt, my little experiment did not work for losing weight. Tomorrow I go to the dr. and I'm going to talk about my weight problem. I'm thinking of trying Xenical again. I've been using my old prescription the last two weeks and I'm pretty sure that's why I didn't gain. Today I'm going to work out with weights and hopefully I'll get motivated to work out on the gazelle.

Well, I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Marie
Old 06-08-2005, 06:09 PM   #643  

Hi Marie. I'm glad you didn't gain. I've got about a week and a half left of school. Every day is so so full of activities - minute to minute. This morning I was so tired that I could hardly walk - I get this way now and then. I'm on survival mode for the next few days - trying to keep my cool, do a good job and be nice. Health will have to wait a week and a half for now. I'll keep posting though to get myself ready for a better lifestyle. Take care.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #644  
Lifelong Journey Member

I understand exhaustion from a job - I used to have a high pressure job. I made a lot but it wasn't worth it. It aggravated my bipolar and I wasn't doing well. Now I have a basically stress free job, time off during the summer and I work with a great group of people. What grade do you teach? Have you ever thought of changing to a different age group? I worry about you. I'm glad you're through for a while in a week and a half.
Marie
Old 06-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #645  

Hi Marie. Thanks for your thoughts. My life is so full - so intensely busy. It's hard to know what the best decision is. I'm going to seek some guidance this summer about this subject so your worries are warranted.

I'm good at my job. I have high expectations. I can see so much but I tire and can't live up to my vision. This has always been my issue since my earliest days - I can see so much. I'm so idealistic, but then reality comes my way. Like you, I'm creative too. I love to draw and write. That's why I enjoy your entries so much. I think about how you balance it all.

On a good note. I went to a dreaded family event and it turned out to be so loving and wonderful. My relative who we were celebrating was so so so happy to be celebrated. That alone was worth the visit, time and energy. It was wonderful. Very interesting how life moves. Take care. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I appreciate it.