Old 08-23-2004, 02:22 PM   #106  

Hey Girls

Happy Monday!

Kempy glad to see you back too. I think you look great. I love the layers in your hair now, because I remember your past pics, I don't think you had shorter layers. It looks great and your are so tan! The beach looks like heaven. Wish I was there.

Summer great job on getting the appt. with the nutritionist. Let us know how it goes. No ds has not started yet. I still got my "baby" with me !

Angie I want to install some laminate flooring too. In heavy traffic areas. Was it hard to put down? Sounds like you have been busy at home!

Hi Noelle hope your Monday is not to crazy. Did you take Michael to the movie? Did you resist the popcorn ??

Hi Cal and Holly, everyone have a great day.

Well the kids are screaming for my attention. Its 1:30 and I have not even ate lunch yet, ugh....I need a VACATION !! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:27 PM   #107  

Btw, those Taco Bell commericals are killing me Angie. I am craving melted cheese. I might have to make something mexican with melted cheese. Yes I admit it I am a true cheesehead. Hey Kempy we beat ya guys in the pre-season game! Well I have to go, I am getting crabby from not eating and the kids wanting me to go watch their show with them.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:25 PM   #108  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls good to see some posts here. I am feeling so stuffed! and I should, I just drank a latte and ate a coffee cake from Starbucks. I don't know why I kept eating that darn cake because halfway through I was already full! Well,that should hold me through more than lunch time. I had a pretty good weekend, Saturday we went to see the Benji movie which was cute. Yesterday I went to a luau celebrating the grand opening of one of our local newspaper's new press facilities. That's the newspaper my sis and BIL work at. Yes Angie, there was that roast pig--several of them. You would've loved it. Good food, beautiful weather. Then we went home and I took a nap.

Kempy, welcome back from vacation! I agree with the girls, you look wonderful. THe water looks good too. Hmm, you naughty girl, how did you discover my secret of visiting Disney? OMG that was too much. I'm gonna go looking for that man!

Summer, your party sounded great. Chocolate + Kahlua+ Strawberries

Angie you could be our very own Debbie Travis, you are one handy lady. I don't think I would ever attempt redoing the floor myself--I thought painting the walls was difficult enough . I just sit back and point my finger and tell Rick what to do , oh wait, that's just a regular day here. I am VERY good at demolition though. Can't wait to see the end results, I'm sure your place will look awesome.

Cal, how did Ashley's sleep-over go? I can imagine a bunch of 6 year olds giggling into the night

Julie, no I didn't resist the popcorn . I did resist the chocolates though. How are the kiddos doing today?

Well, it's going to be a long day here I can feel it. Have a good one everyone.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:09 PM   #109  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, I havent laid it yet. We got the carpet all ripped up last night and in a few minutes we are going to attempt the laminate. Should be fun. It is pretty though. I could eat a ton of cheese today too. My breakfast was a garlic bagel with cream cheese from DUnkin Donuts. It was so good that I grabbed one on the way home for my lunch.

Noelle, I am so jealous. I would have loved to be there. haha. Where there is food I will follow.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:10 PM   #110  

Angie you and I are on the same wave length. We ordered flooring right b4 we left and we ripped up the carpet yesterday. I hate the way the house sounds right now. There is nothing to absorb the noise. There is a serious echo in here right now.

Noelle don't you love that pic? I wish I could have been there to party down with ya. I had a good time this past week with that though. Joe's b-day was last Wednesday so we had to go celebrate that and I think we did a pretty good job doing it.

Julie don't rub it in. I didn't get a chance to see it but it doens't surprise me. i swear I root for those guys every year and I have yet to be made a happy fan. I guess one year they will pull through.

I guess I have to get back to the putting away of clothes. That is the bad part of vacation, you have to put it all up again.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:06 AM   #111  

Crap, I am back at work. At least it is a short work week.

Angie you must be working on your floors today. We are going to do ours Saturday. hehe I get out of doing it too. I have to go to school. Although Joe has deceided that he wants to paint all of the base boards again since we have the flooring up. I am not really looking forward to that. He kills me with all of the things that he wants to do sometimes. I love him though.

What's up with you guys today? I really don't have much to do surprisinly. I think I will get a chacne to go back over the past posts to see what I missed. I'll check back to see who posted later.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #112  

Good Morning Girls

I am dreaming of cream cheese and rasberry stuffed french toast right now with lots of butter and syrup. I have pms so bad. And there is a darn fly right now flying around I have been trying to catch because the kids are scared of it. I can not get to it because it is in the vaulted part of our ceiling. I have a net, if anyone one saw me they would think I was crazy . I hate flys more than spiders!! They are such a pain to catch!! End of rant, sorry.

Kempy sounds like Joe is a really good handy man. Mine is pretty good. I don't think I would marry a guy unless he had some handy skills in him . Because I am just not into fixing things, or catching flies, lol. I was j/k about the football game . I hope you know I was joking with ya.

Noelle I would love a latte right now to get me going. Did you stop and get one yet? How about the coffee cake? You have tried kashi cereal right? I bought a box, how do you like it? I have not tried mine yet. But it is those darn carbs I am trying to watch right now too. I wish hus was off to make me a bacon and cheese stuffed omlette. Okay I know I am killing you guys with the food talk. I will shut up now.

Angie, how it going with you. Do you have alot of orders to fill this week, I bet you are or maybe not looking to fall for the tourist season, huh? Just think more bucks for your family trip. Are the kiddos all ready for school? Do they get nervous before they go or do they just want it to start up again? I always remember being so very nervous the night before. I could never sleep.

Summer how did the appt. go? I hoped she gave you some good info. And please share with the rest of us !

Cal how is school going this week? Don't work to hard. Btw is hubby home yet?

Holly come out where ever you are when you get a breath and sometime to type.

Check back later. Julie
Old 08-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #113  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi everyone. I am so SICK right now. My throat hurts and my stomach is all upset. YUCK!!! My mouth tastes like someone pooped in it.

Well, we got the living room floor laid last night and today we get to move everything into the livingroom to rip up the carpet in the diningroom to finish that room off. It was a lot easier than we thought it would be. I emailed you guys a pic of it. Now if I can get a new sofa I would be so happy. Our asofa is so comfy but it is worn and I dont like it anymore. I am so picky.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #114  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, What are you guys laying for floor?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:41 PM   #115  

Angie I hope you feel better. I will have to check my mail.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:47 PM   #116  

Angie we are putting down laminete (sp) it is by a compnay named Shaw and I love the way it looks. It has kind of deep grooves to make it look more like real wood. We got a really good deal on it b/c the girl quote us the wrong price. We went hom edid all the measurements and them went back with the total dollar amount that it was supposed to be. The owner said well since she told you that I am going to give it to you. It is supposed to be $3.49/sq. foot but we got it for $2.99. Much better price. Since he did that we are going to let him re-install the carpet in the bedrooms. That will be a little while though.

Julie did you catch the fly yet? I can't say they scare me but they do bother the heck out of me. The dogs try to catch them when they are in the house. We had a HUGE spider on the floor last night. I threw a magazine on top of him and I still got the heebies!
Old 08-24-2004, 03:42 PM   #117  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. *shudder* Kempy, spiders give me the heebies too . This morning I went into the other office to put some things away and as I grabbed the doorknob I felt something in my hand...then I look on the floor and there was a spider with some 3" legs *shudder*. Yuck! I'm still getting the shakes, it's sooooo gross. I know spiders are basically good with catching bugs and things, but I can't I believe I touched one with my hands, yuck!!!!! I loved Charlotte's Web though. I hate flying roaches too. I don't like much ants in the house either. Sorry to start this post off complaining about bugs

Angie, your floor looks great. You guys are so handy. Was that laminate the type you snap together w/out glue? It's really pretty.

Julie, yes I did have another latte this morning. No coffee cake though. I'm dreaming of lunch and it's only 9:30 here. I do eat Kashi cereal. I usually get the Go Lean Crunch (sort of like a cross between granola and sugar smacks ) or the Cinna-Raisin crunch. I'm really suprised but the high fiber content does keep me full til lunchtime--and that's actually eating a one-serving size of 3/4 -- 1 cup w/skim milk.

Cal, I will PM you when I remember to bring my itinerary to work w/me. Michael earned a free-dress day at school today since I took the time to go to the PTG meeting, he was really happy about that. It's weird seeing some kids in full uniform and the others wearing shorts and t-shirts.

Holly, how's your leg doing? Hope you're healing up quick.

Summer, you're lucky your hubby helps you clean up after a party. Mine's the one who makes the biggest mess. He can keep his workshop in tip-top shape but the house? Forget it. Gotta love 'em anyway though.

So is anyone watching the Olympics? I love watching the men's and women's (but mostly men's ) gymnastics. I sit on the couch with this orthopedic boot/splint thing on my foot at night to help my heel, and I'm amazed that anyone's body can take all the running and jumping and twisting... Well, gotta get back to work for now. Take it easy and have a great day.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:17 PM   #118  

Noelle that is all we watched when we were on vacation. As soon as we got into the condo the TV was on. I think the only night we missed was Wednesday night. Joe and I really get into it. We are yelling and hollering at the tv like they can hear us. I am sure the neighbors wold love it if they could hear us.

Anige I just read about your baby. I am sorry. I don't want to bring up bad feelings again but I know what you are going through. hugs!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #119  

Hi girls

Just sat down to take a breather....its lightly raining here. For some reason I think it looks pretty even though the skies are gloomy. I am just trying to think of what to make for supper. I am craving carbs big time, something like spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread,mmmm!!

Noelle last night I did watch some of the men's gymnastics. I can't believe the human body can move like that. The russian guy on the pole doing flips in the air looked like a model.

Kempy I got the darn fly out. They just freak me out. But I have to chill out bugs are a part of life.

Angie the floor looks beautiful. I was also wondering is it the snap kind or the glue kind?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:35 PM   #120  

I am watching Dr. Phil and he is such a smart guy. I wish I could have a session with him , no really he is a good therapist.