Old 08-28-2004, 05:59 PM   #151  

Wink Cukoo

Hey Ladies

Angie I did not get any e-mail saying there were any posts either...huh wonder why. How is Jay and your family? My condolences for such a loss.

Noelle I am sorry to hear about the inlaw troubles. I would be pissed too. Very Cool about the band...I am picturing big hair, wild make up and guitars. LOVE IT! I hope your day is getting better.

Julie no such thing as slow in my world. I hope your son enjoys orientation. I bet he's smart like his mommy.

Kempy did you talk to your boss? How did it go? I have been saying little prayers for you.

The program is okay. I am taking one day a week to eat what I want though as long as I am good for the week. If I forget food at the grocery store I just go to the farmer's market or the whole foods shop down the street.

I am actually working because I just got 8 new bank systems as clients and I want to make sure I know them as wellas possible by Monday...oi! I am going to the Irish festival tonight!

be well ladies.

Quote:
"My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk until I faint" - Erma Bombeck

Summer

Last edited by GEMonster; 08-28-2004 at 06:01 PM.
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #152  

Hi Everyone,

I have been really busy this week. We are getting ready to send out progress reports next week. I can't believe that the first quarter is half over already. We've been having soooo many meetings; it's really tiring. Ashley is finally getting settle into 1st grade. She complains about the work, but her teacher said that she's one of the best in the class.

Ashley's sleepover last weekend was fun. They were asleep before 9pm. They really had fun.

I've been feeling so tired lately. I get up around 5:30 every morning and I'm falling asleep on the sofa by 8pm. I'm thinking I may have to see my doctor because I've been feeling so tired for about 2 weeks now. Also, when I wake up my eyes are always swollen and this morning not only were my eyes swollen, but my whole face was swollen. It lasted about 2 hours. I don't know if it's allergies or what. I tried to call my sister, who's a registered nurse, but she's out of town until tomorrow. I guess I'll have to wait to find out what's going on. I also haven't had TOM since June; sorry if that's TMI. No chance that I'm pregnant, either. I told my husband that maybe it's my age. I will be 46 in December. I do get hot easily and in Phoenix in summer that's not too hard to do.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #153  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning.

The funeral was so SAD!!! Oh my god, I have never cried so much in my life. The only funeral I have ever been to was my grandmas but she was cremated so we just had her buried. There wasnt half the stuff that this funeral did. I lost it wehn we got inside. Her son wrote I love you mom on the inside of her casket lid. Then the songs they played were heart wrenching. The kids played a song that said Tell Lori I love her. The last song they played was from her husband to her and he got up and knelt by her casket during the whole song. I think everyone in the church cried during that. It is tragic.

My eyes were so screwed up for the rest of the day. I had to keep taking my contacts out and rinsing them just to be able to see clearly.

Not much going on here. How was everyone elses weekend.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #154  

Angie I am so sad for her family, it must just have been heart breaking to see her son and husband. God I it really think sometimes what "if" it was me or hus. The HARDEST part for me would be leaving my kids. You must be emotionally exhausted from yesterday. Hugs to you and your family. I just hate funerals. Hubby's uncle died so we have a funeral this week. I really did not know him well but still funerals are so hard for me.

Cal I hope you feel better. Maybe you should call the doctor?

Noelle I am with Summer, I can imagine the 80's big hair, which I had ! If we all meet up, girl I am bringing you an electric guitar so we all can get down. Maybe we will even tease our hair up and go out! Haha. I hope ya recovered from your terrible afternoon! Rest up.

Summer thanks for the compliment, you are a honey!! This morning I had a somewhat of a healthy breakfast, maybe you would be interested in the recipe and you could make some up and freeze them to take to work with ya? It was a whole wheat wrap with a scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. You could use lowfat items? But it was really good. I hope you had fun at the irish festival and had an irish beer for me!

Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:57 AM   #155  

Kempy I hope those floors are coming along for you guys!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:42 PM   #156  

I don't have time to post but I wanted to show you a pic of the floor. I will be back on in the morning to catch up on what I missed and the chat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rug3.JPG (46.3 KB, 18 views)
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:50 PM   #157  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, I love it. It looks like a wide pine floor. It came out great. Did you and Joe do it yourself? Your cat looks kinda nervous.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:58 PM   #158  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh yeah you guys I figured out the 2 songs at the funeral. The one from the kids was called Tell Lorrie I love her by Keith Whitley and the one from her husband was Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. If you go to itunes.com they will let you listen to bits of the songs.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:24 PM   #159  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hellooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:27 PM   #160  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

It is so hot and muggy here. I cant stand it. I dont want to be in the hot bakery!!! YUCK!!!

Saturday it was in the 90's and so muggy you couldnt breathe. This is Maine people what the ????? I am ready for fall. Yep, I said it!! Remind me of this when I am crying because it is too cold okay?

Whats everbuddy up to today. My parents went and bought laminate flooring to dso their bedroom,Hallway and livingroom and kitchen. This should be funny I bet me and Jay are at their house on Saturday helping.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:44 PM   #161  

I am here but I am having a bad day. I am very PMSy and alot of Sh#% it happening around here. I wish I could just walk out right now. I will explain later.

Angie Joe and his dad laid the floor. Our cat was inthe process of a turn so it looked kind of funny in the pic. The rug is going back to Lowe's today b/c it was to small. I hate having to buy all of this stuff.

I gotta run I will be back in a littel bit.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:10 PM   #162  

OK, I guess I have caught up with all of you guys in regards to PMS. My boss better be gald that he wasn't in town today b/c he would have gotten an ear full.

(Begin Rant)
I got here this morning and the first thing the girls says is htat we had a power surge and the tv's went crazy. So, I go to the back to try to fix them a notice that the cable is out. I call the company and they tell me that they can't even place a work order until the PAST DUE (key words here) amount is paid. Well, this place has to have the TV's. We have 12 of them and poeple hate doing cardio without them. So, I call the big man and tell him that he needs to pay the bill whic he then tells me that he paid. WHAT???? I don't think you have b/c they wouldn't say that you had a past due amount, now would they? I had to write a check and bring it to the company. Then the phone compnay calls and they want money too! What the **** is going on here? Now I can't wait to tell him I am leaving. I should not have to deal with this kind of s*#t. Let me rephrase that, I am not going to deal with this.
(End rant)

Other than that my day is going pretty good. Of course, notihing else has been going on. That seemed to consume my day.

Anybody have any good news?
Old 08-30-2004, 02:41 PM   #163  

Hi girls

Don't have much time right now, today is crazy for me! Phone calls, appts. and kiddos.

Kempy sorry you are having a tough time, I can relate to the pms thing, TOM came early on Saturday. Gosh, I hope it gets better for ya.

Angie, I want to do my hallway now! I think you got everyone started !! Good luck to your parents getting it down.

Sorry so short, check back later girlies. Julie
Hi everyone else out there!!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:47 PM   #164  

Hey Girls

Angie I got your e-mail and sent you one. I hope you got it. I forgot to tell you I love that song by Savage Garden. It is such a beautiful love song. No dry eyes there i bet. It has been pretty slow lately here. I hope the heat has passed for ya. It must be so darn hard to cook like you do while it is hot. Hang in there. And drink lots of ice water.

Kempy, did your day get any better? I was hoping to hear from ya. Take care and feel better.

Noelle, Summer, Cal, Holly Hello girls.

Well, gonna try and relax from somewhat of a stressful day today. My hus and I are fighting about which pre-k to send my son to. He is just so stuck in his ways sometimes, well all of the time and always thinks he makes the best decisions for the family. Ugh, I could go on but I don't want to bring anyone down with me. I shed some tears over it. And I am just going to have to come up with something, but he is like talking to a darn wall! Sorry for the rant. Hopefully everyone will have a less stressful day tomorrow. Well we have a funeral so I don't know. I feel like I have to slap some cold water on my face and go to bed. If only I could sleep ! Well take care everyone. Talk tomorrow to ya all. Julie
Old 08-31-2004, 11:02 AM   #165  

Man, I can't believe I am the first one here today and it is almost 10. I have been catalog shopping for Christmas. I am trying to get it done early this year so we are scrabbeling at the last minute. I figured that this is the best time since the big man isn't here. He just called and I hate to say this but I don't really like to hear his voice anymore. I know that is mean and it may just be the PMS.

Julie are the pre-k's really that different up there? I don't think we have options down here. I could be wrong though. I don't have kids so I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff.

Angie did the dogs have a hard time on the new floor? Echo doesn't like it and she makes me laugh when she is trying to walk on it. Rhea on the other hand figured it out really quick. SHe was prancing down the hall while I was trying to walk Echo down it really slow. Echo gets really low to the ground, her legs spread and her toes spread. She just can't seem to get the hang of it. She got mad at me and stood by the front door on the tile and wouldn't move. Poor thing, but she made me laugh and I needed it.

Noelle, Summer, Holly and Cal where are you guys?