Old 08-18-2004, 11:20 AM   #76  

I am so sorry to hear about shadow
big hug to you and Jay
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:25 AM   #77  

Angie I am so sorry for your loss. Thats sad, because they are part of the family. Great big HUG from me to you . How old was he? Poor little thing. I am proud of you for skipping McDonalds last night. Great job. Baby steps right? About the popcorn, forget about it, hopefully all the fiber in it will soak it up and not get absorbed into your system. Wow I can't believe she was hiding it that long. What a independent young lady. But I know I want to know when my dd gets hers. Maybe have a becoming a woman party ! Well I hope you feel better, I know you are going to be sad but my thoughts are with you. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #78  

Angie you know I thought Kempy was going to be here yet this week, but I guess not. I don't know the exact day she was leaving ? Julie
Old 08-18-2004, 11:34 AM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks guys. The land we bought to put our house on had a trailer on it and one of my dads friends took the trailer for him and his girlfriend. Well about a week after they moved it they could hear meowing and there was some kittens up under the trailer in the insulation. They kept them but after we had finally got the land all set up and we were out in the feild one evening we saw a gray kitten but he wouldnt let us touch him. I put food out for him and everything. I tried for weeks to coax him onto the deck so I could grab him and get him inside. Well I got him and kept him in for a few days so he could get used to us and then we let him start to come and go in and out and he took off again. One morning I saw him and tried to pet him but he wouldnt and he was sick. Come to find out there were 2 of them. We kept them both and they were almost 6. His sis is outside sleeping in the patio chairs.

I think kittens come to us in 2's. I feel really bad he died but I know he had the best possible life he could have ever wanted.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:01 PM   #80  

Oh Angie that is a sweet story. You gave him a good life.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:38 PM   #81  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angie, I'm sorry about Shadow . Like you said he had a good life with a happy family who loved him.

Julie, if I could plan my own becoming a woman party I'd have lots of chocolate and salty peanuts .

I don't know how or why, but I screwed up my foot. I was having a bit of a twinge of in the lower arch of my left foot for a while (months), then all of a sudden the pain moved right into the middle of my heel. It hurts like a s.o.b. when I first wake up and get out of bed--the tile floor is killing me--but if I walk on a plush carpet, no problem. Surfing the net I have come to the self-diagnosed conclusion of plantar fasciitis. The causes could be from overwork (too much walking? , highly unlikely), or being overweight, . Anyway, the "cures" are to lose weight! OK, if I can't walk on it too much, I'm not losing weight anytime fast...oh wait, that was my excuse for the past 2 years . Anyway, I'm done whining about it for now. Just suck it up and hobble forward. Gosh am I feeling my age or what?

Hello to Kempy, Holly, Summer, Cal and all . Gotta get some work done, I'll be back later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:47 PM   #82  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, I have the same problem. It does go away when I lose weight but we all see how long that lasts. Mine has been killing me for a while now too. Mine is only on my right foot but that is the leg that I usually put all of my weight on while I work and stuff.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:55 PM   #83  

You can also get it relieved by getting it taped a certain way (Athlete's get it alot) or getting an arch support which causes the plantar (the layer between muscle and skin) not to be so tight. Weight loss also can help alot

Used to be an Athletic Trainer in a previous life.
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:12 PM   #84  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ladies, saves me a trip to the doctor. I was always leary of podiatrists anyway, something about the actual word "podiatrist" , weird I know. Well, if this isn't the kick in the pants that I need to get my @ss in gear BEFORE my disney vacation I don't know what is. I will get out my log book once again and record my food points. I don't know about trekking up that monster hill I used to frequent though. I think I'll go buy me a new pair of walking shoes. If it doesn't get better by my trip, Cal will be looking for me with a cane... sorry, bad joke.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:34 PM   #85  

Good Evening Girls

Noelle, I don't know if I have the same thing, Summer you might know what this is, but the bone like under your toes, mine constantly cracks in the middle, it actually feels like a stress fracture? Me, you, and Angie need to sit on the beach with one leg up in the air and a hand holding a drink , sound like a plan ? No though really I hope it feels better for you. I attribute mine to walking in the house with socks on all day and no support? I agree too, how can you excercise when your foot hurts like ****? Mine gets better when I don't walk on it as much, which is darn near impossible with the kiddos, or wearing good shoes. Go out and get yourself a good pair of comfy shoes girl!

Angie, how are you feeling? I know those animals are like kids to ya, okay I don't want to make you cry here! I was totally a pig at supper tonight. We had mexican again , I had like three tacos and tortilla chips. Okay now I am going to make myself cry thinking about all the melted cheese and fat I ate !!

Well I should go, the series finale of Newlyweds is on tonight so I think I will watch that I guess. They re-aired the first Trading Moms last night and I still cannot believe how that Tammy acted. But I just love that Nanna. I wish I had someone like her in my life. Someone that listens, and is just so supportive. Can you tell I have not been getting along with my mom lately? Oh well I don't want to bring anyone down with that bunch of garbage stories. Have a great night everyone. Luv ya all. Julie
Old 08-18-2004, 07:36 PM   #86  

Forgot to say hi to everyone, Summer, Kempy, Cal and Holly come out to play !
Old 08-18-2004, 10:34 PM   #87  

Am still getting back into the school thing. I've been so exhausted lately that I'm usually in bed before 9pm every night.

Noelle: If you're using a cane, it might make it easy to find you. We'll have to pick a meeting place.

Angie: I'm sorry to hear about your kittie. Lots of hugs to you. What grade is your daughter in? I'm guessing about 5th or 6th? I remember when I taught 5th grade there was one girl who had started, but she didn't tell her mom; she told me and asked me not to tell anyone because she was so embarrassed. She was a really sweet girl, but she said that she could talk to her mom about everthing except THAT!! Just do your best to keep the lines of communication open and she'll confide in you.

Hello to everyone: Kempy, Summer, Holly, Julie

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:03 AM   #88  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cal, Brit is actually going into the 7th grade next week. I have talked with Alicia(one of the twins) and she will be going into 6th grade this year and she has promised to tell me.

Thanks for the concern for shadow guys. I really appreciate it. it is sad for me but I also kinda expect it with the cats because they are outside cats too. I have lost a few cats over the years to Fox or cars but I am one who doesnt like to keep them inside either. We live in a rural area and have always let our cats come and go as they please. I know they have all the best vet care,love,and Food that they would ever want so it makes it alot easier. I know he was a happy loved boy. The kids are going to paint him a headstone when they finally come home. So that is sweet and helps them to remember him.

Julie, Dont feel bad for pigging out. I made scrambled eggs with what else but eggs,bacon and CHEESE with toast for supper last night. It was awesome. I watched the Newlyweds too. Doesnt she just lipsync like Brittney Spears too?

Kempy, I guess you are on vacation so I hope you are having an awesome time girl. If you arent on vacation and you are down in the dumps then please come back to us and we can all talk. You are always there for me.

Noelle, Do you notice that your heel is worse if you have been sitting and get up then you hobble? Mine is always worse especially when I take my shoes off.

Cal, My kids start school on Thursday. I cant wait. Plus my wedding anniversary is on Wednesday. 14 years with my great guy!!! Gotta love him.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:44 PM   #89  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

SO LONELY.......................................
Old 08-19-2004, 04:47 PM   #90  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!