Old 08-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #136  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys, We almost have the floor all done. I will be glad to get it done so I can clean all the dust out of my kitchen. Kempy, Are you and Joe laying your floor yourselves or having someone do it?

Jays cousin passed away today from cancer. She had breast cancer like 10 years ago and they thought they got it all so she was okay and then it came back like 3 years ago. At that time they gave her a few months to live and she lived for 3 more years. It is so sad. She has 2 grown kids and one 8 year old son. His birthday is in a few weeks. She is only a couple years older than us. At least she isnt in any more pain. I didnt know her very well. I had only met her a couple of times but I still am so sad for her kids and husband. Her Dad is in bad shape and the family thinks this will kill him.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:10 PM   #137  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Just enough time for a quickie...

Angie, congrats to you and Jay and your happy 14 years together! Hmmm, was there a Freudian slip in there about getting laid on the floor? Just kidding. I'm so sorry to hear about Jay's cousin. Man, she's gone too soon. Hugs and prayers will be sent for you and her family.

Kempy, all along when I was plotting to leave my previous employer (notice I said "plotting"? ) I kept dropping not so subtle hints about quitting. THen one day I typed up a resignation letter and sat down and had a little chat with him. I did what Summer said about thanking him for allowing me the opportunity to learn and grow and but in the end I said I had to go and do what was in my best interest. It was sad, but exhilirating at the same time. We both cried, how corny is that? He didn't even look at me or say anything for the longest time, it was kind of uncomfortable, like I betrayed him or something? WTF? Anyway, just be up front about your needs and I'm sure he'll get over it. They always hate losing the GOOD employees.

Summer, wow that's cool that you can swim and dive. Me? I hate the sound of water rushing into my ears . Isn't it great when you go to a doctor visit and they don't crush your ego with stuff like, you need to lose weight and you should stop doing this and that... you sound like you're on a good path and that should go hand in hand w/all that exercising you're already doing. GOod job girl, I like the positive vibes coming from you.

Hey Julie and Holly and Cal Hope you guys are having a good evening. I gotta run and get out of this office. See you all tomorrow.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #138  

Howdie Girls

So sorry Angie to hear about Jay's cousin. Gosh, how sad, I feel so bad for her kids. I think if anything would ever happen like that to me I would just literally mourn for my children. Hugs, it really makes you think that life is short so enjoy it, savor it, and fill it with people you love. So how quiet is your house today ? How did the kids get off to school, were they nervous? Can you believe how fast the summer went by. The weather here has been terrible this summer. Cold, and it has been raining all week, oh well. Thats WI for ya. Well I bet you can get more work done with the kiddos being in school now. Don't work to hard though. How are the new floors working out, are you going to get some area rugs? I think they are beautiful. I want to show hus the pics, because I want some of that flooring in here. Easy clean up, carpeting if the kids spill which they do all the time is a mess. And that floor you could just mop right up. Do you have to use a special cleaner on it?

Bye Kempy, I hope you get a chance to check in this weekend. I miss ya every weekend. But I know you are going to be busy with school and home renovations this weekend. So have a good one. Maybe make it a little party for you and Joe with margaritas or something, or maybe not huh, things may take longer .

Noelle I meet my ds preschool teacher soon, I will let you know how that goes. I am so nervous. God, I wish I could control my nerves and not get worked up .
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:31 AM   #139  

Forgot to say Hi to everyone Holly, Cal, Summer have a good one. Okay I have got to get some kind of food in me, I am starving. Btw, did you guys see Entertainment Tonight last night? There was a woman on there that weighs 356lbs, and want to weigh at least 600lbs!! Isn't that crazy, she won't even be able to walk. She eats 14,000 calories a day and a drink before bed that has 3500 calories in it. I couldn't believe it. And all of us work so hard to maintain or lose. Julie
Old 08-26-2004, 11:38 AM   #140  

Its me again, lol. I want to go blackberry picking in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have any ideas on how to use them? I think if I make a pie with them in may be to runny? Thanks girls. Maybe I will look up recipes on the web. Julie
Old 08-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #141  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning/afternoon ladies. Hey Julie I didn't catch that segment on ET, I think I was watching the Olympics or helping Michael w/his homework. That's totally crazy to want to weigh that much on purpose. I wonder if she'll ever reach that goal or she'll probably die trying to get there. I have no ideas about blackberries. They don't grow here, that I know of. I am so not that domestic, I did make an apple pie once, with a lattice crust. It took me forever and it wasn't even that good . I love the smell of baking goodies though.

I have a PMS headache right about now. My foot is starting to feel better after wearing that brace thing at night, I hope it improves 100% before I go on vacation . Anyway, it's a busy morning here so I better get going. Be back later. Hello to all!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #142  
so close, yet so far...

Ugh I almost forgot... Rick's brother managed to come home(?) last night. (Does it count as coming home if you don't have one? ) I guess his dad had to pay his airfare to get him to leave or else he would've been mooching off of them for who knows how long. I'm rotten I know. He shows up here at the shop this morning to go digging through his meager possessions that are stored here, but what I really think he wanted was to raid my refrigerator and to cockroach some company shirts. I think Rick gave him a couple of more shirts. What does he think? Those things are free?!? Oh well, I managed to bite my tongue about it while he was here, so I'm sorry I gotta b*tch about it here Gawd! 38 freakin' years old and such a loser! OK, end of rant.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:04 PM   #143  
so close, yet so far...

Wait! Not quite end of rant. Did I tell you guys that Rick's sister was crying to him about her electricity being turned off? So here she is with her own rental apartment and she finally gets custody of her 2 kids back from the state, then she can't get any utilities in her own name due to bad credit. The resident manager or landlord agreed to help her out the first month or two by keeping the utilities on in at the building's expense, and she was paying the manager directly. Well, the 2 months are up and the manager went and canceled the service assuming she had gotten things lined up in her own name. But did she? no. How typical! Now she's calling Rick screaming about the manager and what he did to her, etc etc and can Rick pay for her electric hookup? Why is it that these lame people always portray themselves as the victim??? Ugh, I can't stand my in-laws, yuck yuck yuck. I can understand if you guys get tired of listening to me complain and want to kick me off this thread . OK, for real, I'll stop now. Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:05 PM   #144  
so close, yet so far...

Did I mention I'm PMS'ing?
Old 08-26-2004, 03:34 PM   #145  

Noelle don't ever worry about ranting here. Remember we understand and that is what we are here for! Brothers and Sisters can be a pain. I don't have any sisters only brothers. I hope they get their situations worked out!! Anyway, I still hate my hair, I can't believe I asked for a trim and she chopped it. Grow, please hair grow!! Sorry here I go ! Well I think its going to be frozen pizza or hot dogs tonight. NOT healthy I know but we need a break sometimes.

Hi everyone! Julie, miss ya all!!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #146  

Noelle, I feel for you too, I am pms'ing like crazy. TOM is not due until Sunday. How am I going to make it. Plus hus baked chocolate chip cookies last night. But I have not had one yet . Lets try to stay on track even though we have to go through this terrible time every month. Some women are so lucky they don't get any symptoms. I wish Julie
Old 08-27-2004, 03:56 PM   #147  

Hi everyone!

Tgif. I hope everyone is having a nice Friday. Pretty slow here today, everyone must be busy as a bee. I did pretty good staying OP this week. All I have had today is a banana. I have an upset stomach and a darn migraine. I feel better after eating the banana though. Anyway....I hope everyone has a nice weekend. We might go to a party I am not sure which day I have to ask hus, we'll see. It will probally get rained out ! We have been having alot of rain here this week. Last night I was laying in bed until 2am listening to the thunder. It felt like the whole house was shaking. So I did not get much sleep but hus is off today so he let me sleep in, what a sweetie, I really needed it today.

Noelle last night was ds parent orientation for p-k. I just feel so sad he is growing so fast. But the teachers seemed pretty nice. Next week is orientation with him. So we will see how he reacts. Are you and Rick going to get anytime together this weekend? You poor things have been so busy. I hope you get to relax a bit. Put your feet up so they can heal and have a tropical drink for me!

Kempy I hope your floors turn out beautiful for you this weekend. Don't work to hard.

Angie are you guys going to Jay's cousins funeral. Boy that is going to be a sad one. I bet there won't be a dry eye there. Take care. I hope you can post with me this weekend. Miss ya.

Summer how is the new plan going? Isn't hard to remember everything you need from the grocery store? We did our shopping today and forgot like 3 or 4 things. Oh well just get my butt or hubby's back there.

Cal I hope you had a nice week at school. How is Ashley liking first grade. I bet she feels like a big girl now, huh?

Holly hi out there! Are you going back to work or babysitting yet? I hope everything is going well with you.

Well gotta run girls. I will check back later to see if anyone popped in. Julie
Old 08-27-2004, 04:33 PM   #148  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Julie, I guess it's you and me to keep this board alive . I read your post about your son's orientation. I totally understand about being sad that your baby is growing so fast. I can laugh about myself now, about how I got teary-eyed on the second day of preschool when Michael cried--he realized that we were leaving him there alone, again! The first day I don't think he knew what was going on yet and he just let us leave without throwing a fit. They adjust just fine though. They'll love the new experience and all the "new" toys and books to look at. Would you believe that I was getting teary-eyed at the PTG meeting last week, when the entire school was singing a fun song, a song that Michael loves to sing while at home. I don't know I get so emotional about stuff like that, it's silly . But I just wanted you to know I understand . Good job on staying OP this week, I had some Pizza hut pizza last night , got home late and Rick called the delivery man... oh well.

That PMS headache I had yesterday all day (that wouldn't go away even with 2 doses of Advil) was finally relieved when TOM arrived. Right on schedule . It's good to be regular at something, I guess. Sorry if TMI.
We're like sisters here after all. Speaking of sisters, I ran into this old girlfriend of mine from high school at the grocery store yesterday. She was actually my sister's classmate but she and I and another friend used to be in a heavy metal band together I know, you can laugh if you can imagine it. She and I used to play our electric guitars, my other GF played bass and we had this guy classmate that was a really good drummer that we used to practice with--but we wouldn't actually let him be in our "band" since we wanted to be an all-girl band. Oh man, she and I were reminiscing about the good old days and laughing our heads off--all outside the local grocery store .

Well I gotta get back to work. Hello to everyone out there. Come out and post! This means you Angie, Kempy, Cal, Holly and Summer
Old 08-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #149  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sorry I havent been here. I havent gotten any emails saying there were posts so i figured noone posted. OOPS!!

Lorrie's funeral is tomorrow morning. I went and bought a new shirt to wear today. Man I am going to feel so stupid bawling at a funeral for someone I dont even know that well. But I always do. I think about if it were me or Jay and there I go.

The floor is all laid. Now I need to get the doorjams and it is totally done. the dogs are sliding all over the place so I dont think they like it too much.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:58 PM   #150  
so close, yet so far...

I AM HAVING A HORRENDOUS AFTERNOON...I JUSTHAD TO COME HERE AND SCREAM!!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRGGGGGGHGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Thank you, I feel better now.