Old 08-24-2004, 04:46 PM   #121  

I am scared of him Julie. I think he would just tell me to get over it! I wish I could. (Dad issues and all)

I was juts surfing the web and found a site for the endless pool and now I want one. It doesn't take up much space and you can swim in it forever. I requested some info. I bet it is really exspensive. Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:54 PM   #122  

Kempy, honey, I don't believe in that saying get over it. You know some of my issues too, and sometimes you can't ever get over things. You just have to accept your feelings and learn to manage your way through life the best you can. Hugs Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:54 PM   #123  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks kempy, He was my fat meatball. He weighed over 14 pounds.

Julie, It is the kind that just snaps together and is a floating floor. It looks nice so now I hope it can stand up to the kids and animals.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #124  

Btw I love those pools too, on that show Trading Mom's the rich Japenese man had one. They are beautiful.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:00 PM   #125  

Thanks Julie.

I guess that means they are costly. Oh well, a woman can dream.

Anige my fat cat is 16-18 pounds. He is one big cat. And he likes to sit on you so you know how fat he really is.

I am out of here for the day so I will chat with you tomorrow.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:54 AM   #126  

Where is everyone today? I have been trying to clean up my office but I am not doing a very good job. I keep getting sidetracked.

I have got to think of what to tell my boss. I want to tell him next Wed. that I am leaving but I have never had to do that for a place that needed me as much as they do here. Plus, I am not really certain how he is going to react to the news. Do any of you have any sugestions?
Old 08-25-2004, 12:11 PM   #127  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

He knows you have been going to school right? He must be expecting it if he knows I would think. Good luck though. I have never had to quit anywhere before because the only job I have ever had is with Jay. Let me know how it works out.

Today is me and Jays 14th wedding anniversary. We are laying floor, fun fun. It is what I wanted though. Brit bought us some candy and a card this morning. That was sweet of her.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. The kids are so excited. i think they have had enough of us.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:26 PM   #128  

He knows that I am in school but he seems to think that I am going to work out of here. I never told him that I would he just took it upon himself to think that. I am just really nervous and I don't know why.

Wow congrates Anige! We didn't even do anything for our aniversary. At least you are doing things to your house. Are you kicking the kids out tonight?

The kids here went back last week. I forgot what it was like to have buses everywhere in the morning. I have to go back to avoiding the roads with buses. It never fails when I am late I end up behind one that stops every 2 feet.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:56 PM   #129  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I dont blame you for being nervous, I would be too. When are you getting done anyway? You must be excited too.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:22 PM   #130  

Take it from somebody who has left jobs before -
Say thank you for the opportunity but there is something you cannot pass up
Give at least two weeks notice or look at your contract to see what the stipulations are. Offer to be a part of training the new hire or whoever takes your place.
It's good not to burn bridges. Good luck - saying a quick prayer for you :luck:
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:06 PM   #131  

Trust me I don't want to burn bridges. This town is too small to do that. Everybody knows everything about everybody. I am planning on giving him until the end of Sept. and I will train someone. That isn't a problem. The only thing that I am worried about is if he starts to talk about me. He has been known to do that with past employees. Like calling them losers b/c they left or trying to make them out to be the bad one. I don't want that to happen to me.

I just ordered the new Billy Blanks DVD's. Have any of you guys tried any of his stuff. I never got on the bandwagon but I think I need to get a few videos. I mean, I wont be working in a gym much longer so I wont have free access. Not that I use it!

What is going on with all of you guys today?
Old 08-25-2004, 04:24 PM   #132  

Wink Hi!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Computer stuff will be ongoing all week so I am posting while I have a chance.

I went to the nutrionist on Monday and it was good. She said I was eating pretty healthy but not good enough (obviously). She was surprised that I needed someone to talk to because I don't look overweight but after weighing myself and looking at my diet she assessed me and my habits. She said with my body shape (when I gain it all goes to the middle) and my height 5'2" that I should lower my carb intake and increase my veggies and protein. This is not eliminate carbs like Atkins are go on strict 2 week phase like south beach just lower the carb intake to 75- 100g/ day - 75 preferably...I was easily doing twice that and she told me to get chelated calcium magnesium supplements to go along with my multi-vitamin and add some falx seed oil (tastes awful!) as well. I go back for a check up in two weeks. So I feel better that it is not full elimination - just a cut back. She also recommended trying pilates more often along with the exercise that I am doing

Kempy don't worry about the things you cannot control. If people know you they will know better than to listen to him. You can't stay just because you are wondering if he will say anything.

Noelle I like the gymnastics and I love the swimming and diving because I used to that for 16 years. The Beach volley ball is cool too because it makes me feel all summery season like (no pun intended) how is your foot?

Angie good luck with the floor! :Bravo: and Happy Anniversary to you and Jay.

Julie I hope all is well with you and that you are having an amazing dinner!

hi to holly!

I am back to work...

Quote:
Most women's magazines simply try to mold women into bigger and better consumers. Gloria Steinem (1934 - )

be well chiquitas!

Summer
Old 08-25-2004, 04:51 PM   #133  

Good Afternoon Girls

Summer the nutritionist sounds really informative and good. I know when I limit my carbs I feel better, like cut out eating tons of sugar, and having 3-4 servings of white pasta instead of one serving of the wheat variety. This week I have been trying to do the two week phase of sbd, and it is a killer for me. I have pms so this was not a good week for it. But we are invited somewhere this weekend and I was hoping to lose a few pounds. Btw I love your quote of the day, it is true. Good luck on the new program, I can't believe how many carbs are in something when I look at the nutritional info. I could eat my entire daily amount in one bite or one meal of the day.

Angie Happy Anniversary !!!! I am happy for you, how sweet of Brit to get you a present. I hope the kids have a great day tomorrow.

Kempy, I always hated giving my "2 week notice". But I think you willing to train someone and giving him that long of a notice is great. He better not call you names after you leave !!

Well Kids are calling again. Everytime I sit down at this darn computer they need or want something. End of BIT**ING, haha!!!! I have to plan supper too. Life, huh, busy busy busy. Check back later. Julie
Old 08-25-2004, 04:57 PM   #134  

Summer quick question for ya, I know you are busy so whenever you have time to answer is fine. Do you count Net Carbs, like subtracting the fiber in a food and then calculate the carbohydrate? Did she mention anything like that? Okay thanks . Julie
Hi everyone out there !!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:28 PM   #135  

She said count the carbs as a whole including Fiber (gross carbs) and then if you know that the fiber is of the insolubale variety then can subtract and say they are net carbs.