Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 11:58 PM   #1216  

labchick- thank you for the giggle. i had a very good friend that used to call me jodster. LOL that really gave me a chuckle!! SRO jeans that is perfect!! you are so right in a very short time they will fit you just fine!! have a good one!!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:39 AM   #1217  
Word Life

Hello everybody! *waves*......I finally made it back here to post and say Hi!
I'm kind of in a rush right now and don't have time to go back and read all the posts I have missed....I'll try to do that in a day or so. However based on the few I have read it seems like everone is doing good and thats great!

I work in retail so this time of year is brutal.....seems like all I do is work lately.....
one good thing about is that the money is good with plenty of overtime and I am on my feet all night at work and in a way kind of get a workout.

I am now down to 210 and staring directly at 199....I am so close now that I can feel it. I still can't belive how far I've come inthe past year it simply amazes me. Its also makes me think "why did'nt I do this sooner?" I have'nt tried any new jeans on in awhile but the last time I did about 2 weeks ago----18's fit and I could get 16's on but not buttoned. I'm gonna go try the 16's again tomorrow......and I plan on buying them even if I can't fit them now. I remeber going to the store with a freind....and
not being able to fit into any jeans not even size 28...that was when I knew I needed to do something.

I'm much happier and healthier now as I am sure all of you are as well. I used to want to sit at home and do nothing now I want to be out doing things....my whole life has changed for the better.

I'm excited and waiting for the end of January to get here.....thats when I get to go on a wwe inspired roadtrip. 3 back to back shows and hanging with friends=one awesome time!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:24 AM   #1218  

Hi Jodi!! Glad all is well and you are busy. Are the kids all better now?
Great loss!!
Debbie~seeing the country seems like a great adventure.
Good luck with the water! It really does help.
Susie~ How did everything go yesterday? Are you hanging in there? Excited?
April ~good to see you! I worked retail for a long time. It is definitely busy.

I went to decorate the church last night and everyone was almost an hour late so I hardly did anything because I had promised my kids I'd tuck them in.
I am still fighting a bug but it isn't winning.Just an undercurrent.
4 kids here today. Big kids in school.
Puttering to do and then cookie swap tonight.
Have a great day!!!!

Last edited by Hollyhock; 12-10-2004 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:05 PM   #1219  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Hello everyone. Seems like everyone is nice and busy!

April: It is great to hear from you...we're all very proud of you too! 2005 will be your year to enter One-derland - for all of us!!!

Holly:
How do you do things like cookie swaps and not get tempted to eat them all? You must be doing quite well...I'm proud of you too!

Labchick: What are SRO jeans?

Well, everyone, I ate TWO brownies and TWO peanut butter rice krispie treats. I didn't even think twice before I ate them. I am going to do my best in the next few weeks not to be tempted by that stuff that people bring to work. Sometimes, people seem to get offended if you don't take one of their treats that they pass around. That can't be my excuse. I have to cut out the sweets like that. At home, we typically don't have cookies unless DH brings home oreos...the temptation for that stuff gets lower and lower...but all the home-baked treats people bring to work really tempt me. I'm not a baker myself, but love other people's baked treats! I think when people do the big potluck in the next week, I'll bring apples and my low fat fruit dip...that way, everyone can stop by and have something. I know others around here are watching.

I'm going to have my WW Smart Ones lasagna and maybe a salad with it for lunch. No more treats for the rest of the day. Some day, I'll be able to stop at one.

This is my birthday weekend, so I'm planning to do a workout every day, just because I'm feeling pretty strong lately. There's no reason why I can't at least do my 3-mile Leslie Sansone video each day. Some of the moves go along with my kickboxing class. I'm trying to get in better shape so I can do better in the class.

Talk to you all later - have a great weekend.

Girlie
Old 12-10-2004, 01:43 PM   #1220  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE !!!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 01:47 PM   #1221  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Aww, that's sweet...thank you

We don't have much money and I doubt we'll go out to dinner as we usually do, but DH did say he'd take me to a movie of my choice. I need to find a nice girlie movie to see!

Girlie
Old 12-10-2004, 02:08 PM   #1222  

happy birthday dear girlie!!! happy birthday to you!!!! enjoy your weekend no matter what you get to do!
Old 12-10-2004, 02:19 PM   #1223  

hello everyone!!
i hope you are all doing well. i am feeing fantastic!! it is friday afternoon, i am off for the weekend!! i just hate working this time of year. so many other things i would much rather do, i took a few vacation days right before christmas so i am looking forward to that. just puttering around the house getting everything ready for the holidays. i am having a terrible time getting my shopping done. my 2 oldest 15 and 13 are really tough to buy for this year for some reason. could it be that they already have EVERYTHING ?? yes it could! it isn't as much fun buying for them when it is just clothes and stuff but that is what they like. i am looking forward to a good productive weekend! i have to finish decorating inside and we are supposed to go tomorrow to get a tree. christmas party at my dh's club tomorrow night. basketball game sunday for ds.

holly- hope you get feeling better soon. my dd has been sick with one bug or another now for the past few weeks also. just when i think she is getting better another one comes along. got to love winter right? everyone else here seems to be feeling better, all of the poison ivy is gone thank goodness! i think the curse has finally lifted. lol enjoy your cookie swap!! sounds like fun.

girlie- treat yourself this weekend!! you deserve it. i too can't resist the sweeties. stay strong girl!!

april - nice to see you are doing so well!! good luck with the jeans!
Old 12-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #1224  

Default Girlie!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Just for the record, my SRO jeans (standing room only) are the jeans that I can get over my butt, buttoned up and zipped up, but if I sit down in them one or both of the following occurs:

1. I lose all blood flow from the waist down;
2. All of the organs (like my intestinal tract) are pushed into the middle of my ribcage, making it almost impossible to breathe!

I can't sit at the computer long today because I'll be running into work again since they've screwed up my paycheck AGAIN UGH! I'm so frustrated I could scream. Susie - since you are an accounting major, could you come here and teach these people how to count?

Hope all is well with each and every one of you,

Nan
Old 12-10-2004, 06:39 PM   #1225  
Greenlass

Hi, everyone! I love this time of year and hate this time of year! I love the festivities but hate that I can't seem to say no to the treats. I know how you feel, Girlie! Everyone is fixing such goodies right now. I had to bake two batches of chocolate chip cookies last night for my son's class and I ate about seven. Ugh! I don't know why I do this! It makes me feel so gross. Oh well...tomorrow is another day and I will do better.

All the decorating is done, so it is time to settle in and just enjoy the season. Hehe!
Sounds like all of you are doing so well. I hope you hang in there better than I am right now! Need to go fix dinner for the family.

Happy Birthday, Girlie!

Yea Nan! You're shrinking!

Hello everybody else. Have a great weekend!

Jill
Old 12-11-2004, 01:18 PM   #1226  

Height: 5'7"

Hello,
I missed you all yesterday. I was so busy trying to catch things up and get errands done on my day off. I managed to get bills paid, went to the post office, and then a friend and I went shopping from 2:00 to 9:00 last night. I've got everything bought and most of it wrapped. I'm hoping to work on Christmas cards tomorrow.

I've got a lot to get ready also for starting my new job on Monday. My last day was very sad and on the way home I had to pull over 3 times because I was crying so hard. But yesterday morning when I woke up, I had a sense of anticipation about the new job. I'm ready to tackle it!

I didn't have a good time at my weigh-in on Thursday. I was up 2 lbs. I looked back at my weighlog and I seem to do that every time I get in a new set of numbers (which I did the week before), anyone have any ideas on why that happens?

I'm not going to get to upset over it. I just know I need to work hard this week and get those scales going back down!

I'm about to go to a tupperware party (don't really want to, but my friend asked me to and she rarely asks me to go to those sort of things, so I said ok--and hubby is going to go grocery shopping; I don't like that any better than those "show" parties, so I'm picking the lesser of two evils!) He's going to pick me up at 3:30 and when are headed to the mall for one last trip. He has a couple of things he wants to pick up for me and I don't mind wandering around looking at things.

One more thing: I got an A in my accounting class! My grade came in the mail today. I'm still a 4.0 student! Nan: I'm not an accounting major; I'm a Business major, but I would be willing to try and straighten out that payroll dept. for you--our paychecks are important...make them get it right!!

Have a great day and stay on track this weekend everyone!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #1227  

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!!!!

How was everyone's weekend??????????

Winter has arrived here. We have lots of snow. Roads were crappy but look better today.
The cookie swap was fun.4 of the people who go are old freinds and we only see each other now at the swap.Everyone was creative. The cookies are yummy.DH has emptied a few bags already.
Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins showed up for hockey on Sat morning. We are so blessed.What a gift to give an anxious boy.
I had to pick up a cheese order in the aft so I FINISHED all the Christmas shopping!!!!!

Girlie~ the cookies are a non issue for me. The cheese is torture!!!

Yesterday was the Sunday School party and skating. Lovely.DH stayed home and did all the vacuuming and some tile!!!!! Gotta love that.
I do have this cold but it is lowgrade.
5 kids today. I will make cornflake wreaths with them.

Susie~ today is the big day. I will be thinking of you.YIPPEEE!!!! for the accounting!!!!!
Jodi~ did you get the shopping done?tree up? RELAX??????

HELLOOOOOOO to everyone else!!!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 02:02 PM   #1228  
Greenlass

Hi girls! Had a busy, fun weekend, that included yardwork, church, kid's parties, shopping, baking- you name it, I did it. I did super with the food on Sat., okay on Sunday,and pretty good today and exercised each day, but scale is up 3 lbs. Oh well, it will come off some day. Sigh! DS has a band concert tonight-his first one-and a boy scout party tomorrow night, so I am the goodie queen this week.

Holly-Your cookie exchange sounds fun. I'm glad your DH helped you out this weekend. That always cheers me up!

Susie-Hope your first day at the new job goes well!

Hello to everyone else!

Jill
Old 12-13-2004, 06:07 PM   #1229  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,
Thank goodness you all are here! I wanted to come home and eat a cupcake, sort of feeling homesick for my new job and feeling scared of all I will be expected to do. But I knew that food wasn't going to solve eithier one of those things, so I came here to write instead!

My first day was sort of an overview. I took some notes on somethings but will get into more details later on in the week. Tomorrow I'm going out into the plant. That means more being stared at! That's a part of being the new girl right?

Everyone I met was very nice; but I really missed my old buddies from work. I sort of expected that. I'm thinking that in about 3 monthes, I'll be able to really tell if I'm going to like it or not. Well, in 2 weeks, when I get my check and I have that increase in pay, that might help me like it a little more?! lol

Jill: It's good that you don't sound discourged about the scales being up. I've had weeks when I've done everything right and the scales still were up. Doesn't make sense does it?

Holly: Winter arrived in Ohio today also. We had some snow, but it wasn't much, however..it's cold!! I believe that I read you are done with the shopping? Doesn't it feel great?! I'm finished also, but I do have my cards to do. I'm going to work on that tomorrow..maybe a little bit tonight.

Ok..going to spend some time with DH and then hit the Y. I need this workout!

Susie
Old 12-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #1230  

Smile

Hey Girls, I Goofed Off All Weekend Just Rested. I Think I Needed It. I Better Get In Gear I Have Barely Started Shopping And Still Have Not Decorated. I Dont Have A Lot Of Support In That Area. Only Family Near Is Hubby And 2 Sons And 1 Grandson. And Hubby Is Not A Christmas Person. He Could Care Less For Decorations And Any Frills. Hey After 31 Yrs It Doesnt Seem Like A Issue Now. I Didnt Do Too Bad On Food But Didnt Exercise. Susie: Great Grades!! Hugs To All
Closed Thread