Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #4006  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday ladies!!
Super busy weekend.. Fri had rehearsal til 10pm...Saturday had to play at that reception....Sunday was dinner out with one of my oldest dearest friends. I was not looking forward to the scale but all is well!!! I took off the pound I gained last week so I'm back to 216....Now just 17 more lbs!
The reception was alot of fun...We don't usually get to have THAT much fun while "working" (if you can call it that!) Our drummer got SAUCED though (he's 22..) the last set lasted three songs that he could NOT get right so we just ended it...everyone was so stinkin' hammered, no one even noticed! Funny stuff. The party was Romanian, Super cool hosts and boy do they know how to party!

Heritage~ Thanks for the compliment, I've always been lucky in that respect. However, it can cause issues with facing your real size at times. Most of my weight is in my butt and legs.
Tiff~ Thats HOT!
Hippo~ I'm sooo Jealous!! 202!!
Yellow~ Great job on getting to 209!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #4007  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi ya ladies.

Having trouble with motivation and eating today. Ate nearly half a 9x13 pan of layered taco dip throughout the day today at work. Pitiful. Lord please bless me with some mind over mouth motivation, or should we say hand over mouth?

WI tonight at WW, too scared to go.

Hope everyone is doing well.

(((Hugs)))

Annie
Old 08-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #4008  

Hi Annie!! cyber clamping my hand over your mouth!!! I love taco dip too.

Hugs to ALL!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #4009  

S/C/G: 221/210/121

Height: 5'4"

Default this is a test...

I had to go to work today (an hour later than I will have to after labor day).
It took FOREVER to drag my sorry hiny out of bed, but I kept telling myself "your creating a new habit", "it doesn't matter if you don't get it all in, just get to the treadmill" and I got a mile in! Before work!

So after a lunch of PAD Thai (my first tai food ever!), then I checked the points(WW). oops. So I did my whole 2 miles tonite, and stretched, AND 50 situps, AND some arm work. I hope that fixed it....

I am so determined to become better! You guys are too! don't forget during the battle of the workday(or night)!

8/5/1
Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 AM   #4010  
TooCurvyMommy

S/C/G: 189/189/155

Height: 5'8 1/2

Ok, forget that Turbo Jam at 5am idea... that went out the window. I am trying to curtail my calories. Got on the scale this morning and was 190. Got on yesterday and was 188. Maybe those 3 hotdogs turned me into a puffball. Water retention. Or else getting period. That will do it.

Stevie - the photo with you holding the mic. It's cool.
Hollyhock - Maybe Clyde is hiding under the house? Or in a neighbor's garage? My cat (when I was 10) also had kidney diease and had gone under the house. I crawled under to get her. She lived for a little longer on kidney meds - but died young at I think 7. My other siamese cat lived to 22. By that point we had to put her to sleep because she was so out of it and seemed in pain. Had a cocker spaniel die of bone disease at 12yrs. Have to say that it hurt more losing some of my animals than it did with some of my human family... I couldn't even remember my grandma - but I cried for 2 weeks when Boots my cat died. Sorry to hear about Clyde. : ( I hope you find him or have some resolution.

Tiff - Go for your goal - even if you don't make 199 - you'll still look great and your hubby will be appreciate of your efforts. And if he's still overly worried about your health and the speed that you have lost your weight - milk it for all it's worth ; ) Let him slave over you (heh, heh, heh)

Heritage - Wow - your dinner sounds like fun! I am a former Chicago girl and love pizza from the midwest! Oh, wait - that's bad I shouldn't say that. No, no,, I love fiber and water. MMMMmmmm good. Fiber. Water. Good.

Sweet-yellow - hot chocolate - mmmnnnn

Ok, time for beddy-bye after eating a low calorie fudgesicle. Today, I had a yogurt. A powerbar. And a bowl of Chili-mac. (Macaroni and Hormel chili - favorite midwest-style dish.) Ever notice how in the midwest it's always Campbell's soup with pasta? Like cheddar cheese and mac,, or cream of mushroom and tuna and mac? Ok, my midwest roots are showing.. time to turn texas style and eat a steak. That was a joke. Good night ladies!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #4011  

Talking

Hey everyone,
Doing better the last two days. I'm still suffering from a bad head cold.
I've not make it to curves this week. Hopefully, I'll feel up to going tomorrow.
Everyone is doing great!! YOU GIRLS ROCK ...

Anyone interested in a group challenge for Thanksgiving..any ideas?
20lbs??

B-yogurt, orange 2

L-lean cuisine meal, sf jello 6

S-orange 1
Old 08-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #4012  

S/C/G: 275/238/170

Height: 5' 11"

ok, frustrated here, I have had enough of my scale!!! I should buy a new one, but I am afraid I will weigh in heavier on the new one. I have been stuck at 212 for a week, yesterday, I weighed in at 214, this morning it said 206. What am I to beleive?? The scale is digital and I have to weigh a few times until I get the same weight twice. ARRGGHHH I have always been the type to not change weight for a week or two and then step on the scale and there are 5-8 lbs gone, so this is not unusual. SOOOO what should I beleive??
Old 08-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #4013  

Talking

Tiff: My scale does that. It's a dirty liar...LOL. I only weigh once at home on the w-end. First thing in the am before I jump in the shower. Then at WW.
I'm not sure why the wild differences. 4-5 lbs up or down???
Old 08-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #4014  

Exclamation Lost all motivation.....HELP

I am 27 years old living in the best place in the world to exersise (Montana). Lots of beautiful scenery, hikeing, biking, swiming, camping etc, all things I love to do... I am a manager at a motel here and let me tell you... I live in my cave. Taking care of a small motel is like taking care of a child... It is a 24/7 job. I have recently started watching TV for relaxation again after an 8 year hiatus. I have gained 20 pounds over the last few months... Buy a new couch, watch tv, stick a fork in me; I am a bonified couch potatoe! I have a supportive Boyfriend but he does not want to support me in the way I really want. I want a gym buddy. I am a about going alone. He used to be a fitness instructor and now all he wants to do is play on his computer.

I have done really well with a gym buddy before. I lost 35lbs back when I had one. I would love to find someone on line to help me lose this fat that is slowing me down. I want to go out and live my life again like a real person. I want to be that beautiful, sexy, confident goddess I knew before.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #4015  

Talking

Mtwoolfgirl: I love montana. I nearly had a very bad accident on the mountain outside of Butte. Hey, I always thought you slowed down on snow...Not going uphill...LOL.
Stick around. There is a lot of support here.

I posted my b-fast and lunch earlier.

D- slice of lean ham 2
cheese 2
Ramien noodle soup (ok!, bad I know) 8

Total 21
Old 08-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #4016  

Default New to this site!

I am sick and tired of being overweight! I am so ready to lose weight and ran across this site while reading online to boast my motivation!

Here I go!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:46 PM   #4017  

Default Doin' it to it- life starts gettin' interestin again

209.......again. I've been so good today my shoulder aches from the weight of the angel hollerin' in my ear (remember the old cartoons, devil on one side---"Dooo ittt" , the angel saying "no, be good for goodness sake!")
A bit discouraged this morning but I keep telling myself I'm in it for the long haul this time, no bumps are going to stop me.

Hey to get me started? I bought a crapload of weightloss magazines and fitness ones. Then I read them from front to back and clipped pictures of good for you food, slim bodies I want to be like, recipes I thought I'd use, or good quotes or words. Then I gluesticked 'em to cardstock. I also have a wipe board-- I am doing a 21 block of diet and exercise (hey, I can make it 21 days, right?). and knowing that most of this battle is mental, I give myself a special check on the board each day for paying attention to that part of it. I either read and clip a magazine, or put a cardstock out on the fridge, or fix up my workout area, or visualize what I want to be.

oh yeah, and I found this cool site that logs your exercise (bike, walk, run) in miles as you cross the US. It shows photos of where you'd be-- I'm almost to Jamestown, Virginia! and you can pit yourself against people of similar age and like goals.

I'm on the train that doesn't stop, this time ladies, its the real thing!

9/5/1
Old 08-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #4018  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'6"

to CurvyGal and MTWoolfgirl: I'm visualizing you both as thin, hot, food-hating, exercise-loving babes in the coming months.

I'm still doing ok on the diet, but haven't exercised at all. But I'm eating less and never snack...and you gotta start somewhere. Gotta remind myself that I sloowwly got fat over several years and I'll sloowwlly get thin. But hopefully by the end of the year I'll look lots better. My real goal is to get down to my driver's license weight (which, of course, I always lie about, although I upped it a little this year so I wouldn't get that raised-eyebrown "yeah-right" look from the BMV chick).

This weekend I'm gonna take full body "before" photos, both front and back. I've threatened bodily harm to anyone who tries to photograph me from the waist down, but since I love looking at the mini-goals / goals pictures I should post mine, too.

Sweet-Yellow: Sounds like you have some serious motivation techniques. You ARE going to do it, don't get discouraged! I motivate myself by looking at before-and-after photos. Last time I googled that I found myself on the "my fat girlfriend" web page, where guys post photos of their once-thin girlfriends followed by images of them getting fat. I wonder if any of the girlfriends know about it?

Tiff: My scale is unreliable, too. Being the optimist, I choose to believe the lowest weight. In your case, I'd choose to believe the comments of the 21-yr.-old in the bar and not worry about the @*!$ scales.

Debbie: Hope your cold is better! I'm not sure I should commit to another challenge since I'm not managing to meet my current goal. I'll try for 20 by Thanksgiving, though.

Annie: I'll cyber clamp my hand over your mouth, too.

Gotta get some sleep...all this talk of Pad thai, hot chocolate, pizza, and chili mac is making me hungry.

Joan
Old 08-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #4019  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Good evening,(insert Bella Lagosi impersonation here)
Uneventful day diet wise, had lunch at Claim Jumper...uh oh...I just had chicken and salad. However they douse there veggies in oil dab nab it! I went with my Aunie I haven't seen in ages. Dinner was a half a cup (literally)
of curry chicken and white rice I made for hubby. It was a 1st and I had to taste it...Mmmmm SPICY! No exercise today Damn it!! Too busy with the kiddies and the outing and junk. Tomorrow. I can not go long otherwise my endurance is comprimised and I struggle a bit. No Bueno.
Tiff~ Remember we have tha same stinkin', sorry @$$ scale? If you buy a new one...so will I.
Heritage~ Now I have to find that site! I already spend too much time lurking around Findadeath.com, I'm a bit of a ghoul. Mu ah ah ahh!!
Sup Curygal and woolfgirl!
Debbie~ Hope you feel better soon!!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #4020  

Default Alright..

208 and rockin' my world...
made it up this morning to do my walkies..

Stevi-rocks, what's your exercise look like? I wondered if you run....great job on choices at the restaurant (even if it didn't turn out as low cal as you'd hoped).

anyone got some good itunes to jog to? Mine are gettin' ...ho-hum. Thanks, Dee
Closed Thread