3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

jilly65 06-09-2004 09:55 PM

good evening chicks

hello all

And a GREAt BIG HELLO to Tardy...Welcome,this a great place to be, we all know what you are going through and will give you our support whatever the challenge may be.....Congratulations on your weight loss so far..keep up the good work!! :balloons:

Just got back from a 4 mile walk then walked about 6 extra blocks with the puppy and our other dog Rosie..that was interesting the pup likes to play tug-o- war rather than walk. :lol: It took us about 1 hour to walk 6 blocks and that's what it takes me to walk 4 miles by myself!! :lol:
Anyway I gotta go ...Talk to everyone tomorrow......Jill

JEO1982 06-09-2004 10:07 PM

Great job with all the walking Jilly! Aren't puppies great even though they slow you up? I bet he's just adorable! :^:

I started my day at the gym, then I went back after work, and then went to water aerobics.... Man am I beat! I hope I sleep well... After all, I think I earned it! :lol:

Have a good night everyone!

jilly65 06-10-2004 10:12 AM

good mornin'

:coffee2: Hello Chicks.....

Just havin' my morning coffee and a bowl of raisin bran..hehe!(oh well keeps me regular and all.... :lol: )

As soon as I get my pics developed I will make sure I change my avatar so you all can see the new "Baby"...He really is sooo much fun..although Rosie ..our older mixed breed is not happy...but she is getting lots of extra LOVE & TREATS!! So she will get over it..

Kick boxing is tonight...I do looove it!!!!
(what a change in my butt and thighs...although no great weight loss yet...)

I went shopping for capris last night and got into a size15/16..WOW...it has been a while since I've seen those sizes......!!It felt GREAT!! :high:

Anyway I should go get ready for work.. I'm still painting.. should be done by early next week..YAY!!!! :dancer:

Talk to you all later.....Jill

MyChoice2bfit 06-10-2004 10:30 AM

Jill,
I can't wait to join you in those 15/16 sizes! I know they are coming. I'm in a 20W now..used to be a 26W. Feels good to have to go get a smaller size to try on doesn't it!

That kickboxing is paying off for you! Keep up the good work. :cp: and CONGRATS!

Susie

JEO1982 06-10-2004 11:21 AM

Woohoo! Way to go Jilly! Keep it up and you'll be in a 13/14 in no time! BTW, I look forward to seeing the pics of your new baby! ;)

tardyangel 06-10-2004 12:47 PM

WoW! WoW! WoW!

OMG ty ty ty all for the reply!

I've been so down the last couple of days listening to "you'll have tons of excess skin"...."you'll never be able to maintain it"...you know what I mean :)

And the fact that summer is kicking into full effect, lol....darn skinny girls and their cute little outfits...make me so much more aware of it all, lol! :devil:

I really needed to get a "big boost" of positive energy and you all definitely delivered. Hearing how everyone is feeling just like me and struggling (while smiling...I think its cause I'm delerious due to the exercise...otherwise I'm just plain crazy :dizzy: )

Hearing ppl talking about the sizes they're getting into (congrats by the way and the walks they're taking and to even those who just won't give up :D )

Anyone else that can't wait for this? I can't wait to NOT obsess over whether I can fit into this or fit into that (chairs, rides, clothes, everything!!!) and just go do it!?!?!?! lololol....or to finally have a guy "check me out again". I don't want hit on, I just want some guy ANY GUY to admire my looks that isn't required to by marriage and me realize that he's doing it!

MyChoice2bfit 06-10-2004 01:26 PM

TardyAngel,
Don't let other people's negativity bring you down. I've found that when people do that, it's because they wish they have the mindset to do what you are doing, but they don't really want to try and they don't want to feel bad for not trying.

I hear you about not being able to wait until we don't have to obsess wheather we can fit into something or not!

As far as the guys checking you out...don't worry it will happen. I'm not at goal, or close to it by any means, but I've lost weight and working out makes me feel good, which brings on confidence and confidence is attractive. My husband says he notices me getting looks. Sometimes I do to, but I'm smart enough not to mention it! lol :lol:

Have a good day!

Susie

JEO1982 06-10-2004 02:00 PM

Tell me about it Tardy! Do you ever wish you could stick one of those girls who has always been skinny and gets to wear the cutest clothes ever in a fat suit for a week so they knw why we dispise them? :lol:

tardyangel 06-10-2004 02:44 PM

LoL!

Yes....I just want to feed them protein shakes until they get a bubble butt, omg lololol...nah I don't wish that on anyone, but I sure get a kick out of picturing them with one :devil: (little devil coming out of me).

Today was no exception...I swear...what's the point of clothing if you don't wear some?

I've found that I go by a window and look in the mirror now, critiquing my belly and wanting it to leave me, lol.

I definitely haven't gotten so down that I'd quit ---- let me say HECK NO I AM NOT STOPPING NOW, lol ---- but darn it I'm so impatient :p

So, can anyone tell me what a normal weight loss is per month for my weight (276 as of 5/17/04)? I'm hoping to lose by October 30 lbs (using 5/17/04 as my starting point).

I'm currently eating approx. 1200-1400 calories a day. I stairclimb (in my building) 14 floors (takes about 15 mins while doing arm lifts and marching the steps with weights in hands and around ankles), walk for an hour during lunch (normal pace), walk home (15 minute walk), and do stomach crunches (about 10 mins right now) (these are done on average 4-5 days a week). I'm building up to being able to do some light aerobics with weight toning (is there such a thing, lol?!?!). Is a 30lb. goal too much to expect with my current diet and exercise to lose within 5 months? I know no one can say for sure, but I want to make sure I'm not setting an unobtainable goal. I lost a bunch at the get go, but I expect this will continue to taper off as my intake/daily maintenance calories comes closer together.

LoL --- by the way --- my name's Angel :) I think I told you all everything but that, lolol!

JEO1982 06-10-2004 04:06 PM

Good afternoon Angel!

Just so you know, I'm not cruel like that either, but some people really should have to see how it feels with the things they say, you know? More often then not when I see a "Skinny-Mini" wearing something so cute, I say to myself, "I can't wait until I can look good in something like that!"... I used to think "That is soo cute... too bad I'm too fat to ever fit into something like that"

Anywho, I really wanted to let you know that I think you can TOTALLY do that...30# in 5 months... That's only 6# a month, or 1.5# per week...They say a good pace to lose at is 1-2 # per week, so that is a great target! You may lose more in some weeks and less in others, but just stick with it and you will definitely make it! :goodvibes

ShowSkiMom 06-10-2004 04:34 PM

Another Onederland Wannabe

Hi everyone. My name is Lori and I'm a chronic overeater. Oh wait...that's OA not 3FC :D Ya'll seem like such a great group of ladies that I just had to join in the fun. My story is similar to many of yours. Struggle, struggle, struggle, lose a little, gain, gain, gain, and start all over again. Been doing that for so long that I don't even bother to mention to the family that I'm going on a diet again. My 13 year old son just rolls his eyes :rolleyes: and say's "whatever mom". In another post in this forum "Free to be Me", I wax poetic on why I want to do this, for real, no giving up, no whining, I really, really mean it! I've decided to keep it simple, count calories and exercise. I'm a single mom, work from home and love my life...except for the being fat part but we're working on that. My Dad sent me an email the other day with the following quote that pretty much sums up the way I try and live my life:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW What a Ride!

I'm happy to be here and look forward to getting to know all of you.

jilly65 06-10-2004 09:40 PM

chicka's

Good Evening All

Welcome Lori.....As I have said before...This forum is GREAT!!!!! So much support for each other It makes me SMILE :D everyday...

Just got back from Kick-Boxing...Wonderful as always...I've NEVER worked soo hard for something I love sooo much...It makes ya feel GREAT!!
Only two weeks till class is done so today while I was at work I ordered the Kathy Smith Kick-Boxing video to do till Fall when she starts up class again.
(I am a sucker for punnishment) :lol:

I took the two dogs for a walk after supper just a few blocks and it was entertaining again tonight :lol: ...that little one is absoluteley hilarious
:jig: such a little monkey...Haha!!

Anyway it is almost time for bed and I am tired.....

Thanks for the wonderful words Susie and Jenn!It has been and continues to be a long road, BUT... OH MY GOD did it feel GREAT to be in a size that I did not have to buy in the "special" section!!! (we all have been there)

Anyway Good night all.. Talk to you Tomorrow...Jilly

MyChoice2bfit 06-11-2004 01:56 PM

Making strides toward that 199!

Hi,
I weighed in at my TOPS meeting last night and I was down 1.5 lbs! That makes me 247! Still aways to go, but I'm 1.5 lbs closer!

Tonight my best-friend from highschool and I are going to see KC and the Sunshine Band in concert...should be a FUN time...I'm ready to boggie!!

How's everyone else doing?

Susie

JEO1982 06-11-2004 02:02 PM

Welcome SkiMom! Like Jilly said this is a great group, and you will love it here! There is all the suport you need to show your son that you mean it this time, and you will succeed, you just have to believe it! One thing though... You shouldn't really be on a 'diet' perse...You should just think of it as changing your life for the better and eatting healthier... Experts say that people associate the word diet with being deprived and as something temporary, when in order to be successful in the long term you need to change the way you live. Just some food for thought ;)

Jilly - Isn't is great to find something that you love to do that is exercise, and even greater to realize you love it even though it kicks your ***? You've got me thinking about finding a class... Butt and thighs are something I could really use some help with :lol:

Speaking of kicking ***... it's TOM and it's kicking my *** something wicked! However I think the weight gods took pity on me because of it and I've actually lost 0.5# since the beginning of the week! I think that is awesome for TOM...but then again I have gone to Curves 6 time so far since Monday and to two water aerobics classes ;)

PainterChick 06-11-2004 02:09 PM

May I join in??
5'11''
SW-303
CW-291
GW-199

What I'm doing: I'm eatting healthier, no red meats, low fat, med carb (I eat bread/pasta, but only wheat), and I've been going to Gold's Gym for the last 2 weeks, 4 times a week, 1-1.5 hrs a day. I nearly broke down when I realized I had gone over 300...fortunately I am pretty tall so I don't look as huge as it sounds. I'm in a size 22 jeans (started off w/ 24..now my 22s are baggy..:D), and a size 26/28 shirt ..I hate the big diff between the sizes but hopefully that will even out..I HOPE! Anyway...congrats to all that have made it already, all of those that are 1/2 way there and a big "WE CAN DO THIS!" to all those that are just starting, like me :)

Jenn

PS- just found this place last night..I LOVE IT HERE!! :D