3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

praytherosary822 06-22-2004 09:24 PM

Has anyone used those member journals? Do they help? How do you feel about logging in personal stuff for others to read? DO you recommend? Thanks for the imput. SO far (of course today is only Tuesday) I have not weighed myself. My goal for this week is NOT to weigh myself everyday, I was getting kind of nuts just HAVING to get on that scale every morning. So I am weaning myself off and just weighing once a week. Hav a blessed evening. Tammy

Kamitwi 06-22-2004 09:40 PM

Hello everyone. I only wrote one post on here, and got distracted, but I'm back to say hi ^_^ Hmm, it's been about a month or so since I first (and last ^_^*) posted, and since then I've lost 13 pounds, yay! I've got a goal for the end of the summer of 199! I'm crossing my fingers ^_^ I hope everyone is having a great day!

praytherosary822 06-22-2004 09:50 PM

Welcome back Kamitwi. Congratulations on the 13 pound loss - You go Girl!! What plan are you following? Looks like you have loss a lot so far, good for you, do you belong to any support group besides this one? Anyway keep up the good work you are doing so well that it is encouraging for the rest of us.

Kamitwi 06-22-2004 10:00 PM

Thanks pray ^_^ nope, I have no other support group, that's why I decided to join this one. Not really following any plan, just trying to restrict my calories, and exercize once a day for at least 1/2 hour. Sometimes it's hard, during those plateau periods to keep going! When it's been three weeks and I haven't lost a single pound...grr! Frustrating, but then, thankfully, the plateau usually breaks ^_^ and I lose five pounds in one fell swoop. THOSE are nice days. I've lost a lot, but it's been over the course of 2 years, since I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. I'm sure the drugs helped some! I certainly feel better ^_^ What about everyone else? Are most people here on a certain plan?

LynneA 06-23-2004 08:10 AM

Hello ladies!

I hope all you long time posters are doing well, I see lots of new faces in the thread so welcome to the new ones!

I haven't been able to post much in the past week and a half. My personal life has been really hectic and we've been losing our phone/internet lines on and off due to road works.

Things look to have calmed down some here so I'll hopefully be able to start posting again. Amazingly, I'm down another 3lbs to 190! I thought I would have been storing fat due to having some stress lately but I've been sticking to my routing and exercising so I guess my plan is still working!

Got to go, will ttyl :)

praytherosary822 06-23-2004 09:22 AM

Welcome back LynneA and contragulations on not gaining your weight back, most of us tend to use food to comfort and self medicate when stressed and the we add the guilt of the overeating to the stress and we end up in an emotional mess, but you kept to it so you deserve a big pat on the back! Kamitwi my husband and I attended Lightweigh sessions and it is a weight loss system which also incorporates the teachings of the Catholic church, but all faiths ate welcomed. In a nutshell, you eat only when you are hungry, you stop when full, you eat only a clenched fist of food because that is the size of your stomach when it is it's normal size, you eat small bites and eat slowly and you always leave the last bite for your Guardian Angel, which in my case is the dog, and that will teach you detachment from food and a way to obtain peace with food. Anyway I hope you all have a blessed day, know that I pray for you daily and that you are cared about.

JEO1982 06-23-2004 02:12 PM

Welcome back to Lynne and Kami!

Kami - Great job with the 13# loss! That is definitely awesome! Keep it up! :bravo: BTW, I'm not following any plan either... I am just watching what I eat and counting calories. For exercise, I got to Curves 5-7 times a week and water aerobics 1-2 times a week and I just started adding in pilates for my thighs whenever I think about it ;)

Lynne- I think I would have started to feel disconnected from the world if I lost my phone and internet connections.... I mean I know I wouldn't be, but I think subconsciously I like to panic. :lol3: I had/have a virus on my computer here at work and I couldn't do anything yesterday...it really stunk :mad: I hope you are all past your internet/phone troubles, and BTW :bravo: to you too on your loss!

MyChoice2bfit 06-23-2004 03:39 PM

Just stopping by quickly today to say hi..and keep in touch.

It's been an extremely busy day here at my office and to top it off everyone is a little on the grumpy side. I'm just looking forward to 5:00, so I can head to my salon appt., then meet my workout partner for some upper body weight training and a nice walk. I need it! I'm starting to feel "out of sorts", like everyone else.

Isn't it funny, how other people can quickly effect your own mood?

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good and on plan with their personal goals. Stay strong!!

Susie

Kamitwi 06-23-2004 07:18 PM

*hugs* Thanks JEO. I agree, I think I'd go into withdrawl if I lost my internet entirely--just my internet--my LIFE would be at stake if I lost the net AND the phone!

Pray, your plan sounds interesting ^_^ my dogs already convince me to part with a good portion of my dinner, so I guess I'm following you in spirit ^_^

Lyneea--I find that when I'm the busiest, I tend to maintain weight too--I'm so busy running around, doing stuff, that I forget to eat, or I simply don't have themoney to eat ^_^* I hope all are having a good day, and a good er...weigh.

praytherosary822 06-23-2004 09:40 PM

Kamitwi, the day I forget to eat is the day everone will know there is really something wrong with me! Anyway so far this week so good for hubby and I. On the support section of this site is a baby steps challenge to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks, I don't know if my body will give up that much in 6 weeks, but I would consider any loss a success. We are lucky to live in an area where we have access to seafood so we get fish, crab, shrimp, crawfish, frog legs, and the only draw back is that we like them fried, so we boil the crab and crawfish and shrimp and fry only as an occasional treat. Anyway have a blessed evening. will check back either tomorrow morning or evening. God Bless.

Kamitwi 06-23-2004 10:48 PM

Lol, pray. I make up for it, trust me. My food is clipped to my mood. I saw the baby steps challenge, and I decided to take that one on--you are so lucky to live around all that fresh sea food--YUM! I'd be in heaven! *grins* I could even manage to live without the fry ^_^ have a nice night, see you tomorrow!

praytherosary822 06-24-2004 08:49 AM

Kamitwi. How are you? We did good yesterday considering it was our day off and that sometimes means trouble, but we really did good. We both hope to weigh in this week with a good loss, but I will take anything. Wanted to go walking this morning, but the weather says otherwise, and it's not looking good for the next few days, so we will have to check it dily, the dog isn't too happy about missing her morning run, we walk, she runs. If I had half her energy I would be skinny like her. That's sad when you even envy the dog's figure!!! Ha! Ha! Anyway I have to get ready for work and eat breakfast. Have a blessed day.

Kamitwi 06-24-2004 12:26 PM

Pray, lol, unfortunately for my dogs, they're just as fat and lazy as me ^_^* In fact, I usually end up dragging them by the end of the walk, and they're looking at me with big sad puppy eyes, begging to go home. It always gives me a self esteem boost--I'm NEVER buying an energetic little yappy dog who can outwalk me again, hehe. I'm off to work, will try to avoid weighing myself, hope you and all others have a GREAT day!

books 06-24-2004 02:01 PM

Thanks for this thread. I am trying to reach Onedoerland. Sunday I discovered my highest blood pressure in my life. Usually, it had only gone high when I was sick and in pain. It's been high for weeks, topping out this past weekend. I finally have my dh on board. I need his support (or at least not being tempted to sidetrack - I can handle him eating ice cream, but not pushing me to do so.) On Sunday I was at 209.4 lbs. I have tried lots of diets, and have settled on going vegan. I take my calcium & multivitamin supplements, and this is the first diet on which I am not having leg cramps. I am drinking all the recommended 64 oz of water and getting some exercise everyday. Again, thanks for being here for the encouragement.

JEO1982 06-24-2004 03:43 PM

Welcome Books! You aren't far off that ONEderland goal! It it does feel as you could could imagine! When I finally hit ONEderland, it actually brought tears to my eyes... tears and a great big smile.... I couldn't get to that cell phone fast enough to call and tell my Tim the good news! Isn't it great when you can actually have someone at home pulling for your success... Make sure to tell your DH how much his support and encouragement mean to you so that he doesn't offer you that ice cream and such! Stay strong :strong: YOU can definitely do this!