3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

JEO1982 05-11-2004 05:42 PM

The gym wasn't bad... I muddle through it and it was much quicker going with someone than it would have seemed if i was by myself... I rewarded myself with an iced coffee (skim and 3 equal - tastes so sweet yum!)

I went this morning too at 6AM (God Help me) because I had to get weighed and measured this morning...My weight was higher than Saturday but it's TOM so that is to be expected...Everything else was down too except for my thighs.... I can't seem to make them any smaller...

Anyone have any good ways to tighten up/trim your thigh (particularly inner thighs)? It's been 2 months and that's the only numbe that won't budge... I think I need some new ideas.... Any help would be appreciated! :D

Kiki242 05-11-2004 10:37 PM

Hello Ladies!
Well tonight was a very bad eating night....Olive Garden with the girls to celebrate a birthday, and I didn't exercise today because it was so hot here :( but tomorrow I hope to begin some sort of walking regimine, maybe in the morning before everything heats up. This week and next I won't be able to because of my grad school schedule, but eventually I hope to walk in the evenings too.
Jenn: I used to do Tae bo 2-3 times a week in college and I lost about 20 lbs, and I really noticed that in my thighs...it may be worth a try to rent that for a few days and see how you feel
Lynne; Maybe since you were using weights you gained muscle...that happened to me once too, so I think I lowered the weight but added more repetitions to what I was doing so that I toned more muscle rather than add it....but I def. wish that I had your motivation to exercise :) Keep it up!
My motivation is going to be my summer job. I am going to be working at a camp shadowing a special ed. student, so I will have to do everything he does...including swimming, and right now I don't look so great, well at least good enough to be comfortable in a swimsuit because I hold all my weight in my legs...heck I don't even wear shorts. My goal is to be comfortable enough to wear shorts this summer since I will be outside most of the time...so I guess I gotta get out there! Well have a nice night ladies!
Kim

jilly65 05-12-2004 12:05 AM

just checking in...

Good evening all..

Been a few days since i chcked in...I am glad you guys are enjoying the recipe it is one of my faves!! :D
WELCOME KIM :wave: This a great place to find support from people battling the same demons..Haha :lol: !!
JENN, I do an exercise that was shown to me bt the physical ed.director at the gym...It is a front leg crossover with weights..i don't know how else to explain it..I do side kick outs and then cross my leg over the front of the other leg the same amount of reps..seems to work but I also swim 3 days a week so I seem to be losing a lot in my legs...got any good exercises for the tummy???
I asked and rec. a pair of flippers for Mother's day...boy does that change my morning swim!!! :o
My Hubby hid the scale from me so that is good (i get it back again on fri. to weigh in then have to kiss it bye bye again for another week :( )..Oh well I know it is for the best as i was getting out of control with it :p !!
I'll let eveyone know how the weigh in is on fri.Right now I'm hovering between 208 and212 (big swing but it is my TOM) have a good night talk to ya in a few!!
Jill

Girlie 05-12-2004 10:46 AM

New Day

Good Morning! I've got my morning Diet Mt. Dew! :coffee:

Jenn – I feel that I am losing in the inner thigh. I don’t think you can necessarily target inner thigh fat, but work on the muscles to burn the fat around them. I’m not comfortable with weights just yet, I think I will wait until I’m in ONEderland to do that…but I think the stationery bike and elliptical machine are doing a good job with my thighs. When I use the bicycle, I pedal with my heels instead of the ball of my foot and that targets the thigh. I do the same with the elliptical machine – if I put the emphasis on my heel area, it will target the upper thigh. Likewise, if you want to work on your calves, you just use the ball of your feet instead. I also think squats are a good leg workout overall.
Jill – When you swim, how long do you swim for and do you alternate between different types of swimming? I’m not much of a swimmer…I can’t do it very well and I can’t even tread lol! But my hubs likes to swim as cardio because he doesn’t like cardio machines. I’ve gone in to swim but it’s tiring! I was just curious as to what your workouts were like. As far as tummy, I feel I’m losing in my waist from the elliptical machine. When I use it, I don’t hold onto any bars or anything so I’m pumping my arms and turning at the waist with every stride so I feel like I get a whole body workout.
Kim – that’s a good goal to work for, your summer job. I have thick, muscular legs and now with the extra thigh fat I’m super self-conscious. We all carry weight in such different ways!
I had an abbreviated workout last night. I made my lamb-burgers last night and I had two small burgers w/o bun, peas and cabbage. I only exercised for 35 hard minutes on the elliptical. I met my husband for a movie. I think tonite we are going to try to do our 8 mile bike ride to the next town and back. I’m excited to do this because I haven’t been on the trail in a month and I want to see how my legs have been strengthened with all the cardio I’ve been doing. It should be a breeze! I want to work my way up to the 20 mile ride that I used to do for fun! I also weighed last night since no one was around and I could weigh w/o clothing. 228.3 – yes! I’m back to 228 now and so close to 227. TOM is over and it’s time for a loss finally! We’ll see on Sunday. That has inspired me greatly. Foodwise, I’ve started having a SlimFast granola bar for breakfast only. They are filling and good and 220 cals, better than the Oatmeal bar I’d been eating.
Have a great, active day!

Girlie 05-13-2004 11:28 AM

Almost Friday!

I posted this at my other thread for the details of the day so far:

It's been a great morning for me so far. I was called for two interviews at different companies and that is exciting. I haven't seen this much prospective job action in quite a while! So, I'll give them a call when I go home for lunch.

Last night, I didn't go to the gym (I spent the time sending out resumes!), but I did cook a great meal. I made Chinese roasted chicken using boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the oven. It was awesome! I sauteed some fresh zucchini and made stir-fried Chinese cabbage and steamed some rice. It was a great meal.

Super Wal-Mart has boneless, skinless breasts at a great price - the bags have about 7-8 frozen breasts in them and they are priced at less than $7. They thawed so quickly and were so tender when I baked them last night.

I'm so stoked about these companies calling me back that I can't think straight today! It's gonna be a long next hour until I get to go home and talk to them. I've been writing down notes and things to make a good phone impression. These are jobs that I really would want and didn't figure they'd call me!

If all goes well, I'll be at the gym tonite for a long workout. I'm even skipping a movie with my husband and his mother...they are doing a late dinner and movie thing for Mother's day, and I might even skip going out to eat. I tend to make bad choices when we go out!

I just feel really good about myself today, confident...it's not often that I feel this way so I'm going to enjoy it. I hope all of you are having a good day as well.

Jodie- I think I'll get some crackin' oat bran. I love the stuff! I tend to avoid it because it's pricey and for a cereal, it's high in fat/sugar...but it's healthy oat bran, it's fiber, it's filling and it's just darn good. The serving size is adequate enough to keep you satisfied throughout the morning, especially with a banana. I had a wheat bagel for breakfast, and to be honest, it wasn't filling at all. I should have put chicken breast in it as a sandwich. That's the problem with breads for breakfast...they don't seem to keep me satisfied.

jilly65 05-13-2004 11:43 AM

good morning

:coffee: hello everyone...

just a quick note before work...
Girlie..i swim for 45-60 minutes doing a front crawl back crawl and side crawl
and a few weeks ago added the use of flippers to step my workout up a little.. I go mon.,wed.,fri.am and at night I joined a kick boxing class(starts next tues.)I usually walk every night but I thought the kick boxing would make a nice change.I lift weights on the off days from the pool and the class and walk 5km in the evening. I am losing slowly but I know I am gaining alot of muscle and getting healthier.
Anyway I will post tomorrow...yay!!! It is almost FRIDAY!!! :jig:

Jill

JEO1982 05-13-2004 12:30 PM

Good morning Everyone!!! I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to everyone for the ideas on how lose some inches in my thighs ;)

Jilly - You do so much! I don't know if I could handle all that - wow!

Girlie - I used to love cracklin' oat bran! I haven't had that since I was a kid though...and now you got me wanting it! The food you talk about always sound so good!!

Well I have to get back to work... be back later on girls!!

LynneA 05-14-2004 09:43 AM

Morning all :)

Been a better week for me so far. I've eaten well and walked every day but yesterday when I decided to be a lazy slug and sat on the couch watching Season 4 of Sex and the City on DVD! :cb:

I did walk 2 miles this morning then did a short workout with light weights. I talked to a couple of ladies who visit the Ladies Who Lift forum and got some good advice on how to use our Bowflex. After putting that advice into practice, I realise now I wasn't using the Bowflex properly, was lifting too lightly. The idea is to lift until failure. So I increased the weight and found I could only manage 1 set of 15 reps on each movement! I feel like jelly now!

This weekend will be a big test for me. We're going to see the movie Troy tomorrow then going for dinner. However, we're going to a mongolian grill so I intend to have a stir fry and choose wisely from the buffet. I'm going to smuggle some grapes into the movie and have water instead of a soda.

I noticed this week too that I am losing weight in the strangest of places. My wrists and fingers! I have to be very careful because sometimes my wedding bands will just fall off my finger. If this continues I will need to get them resized :).

Girlie: did you call the companies back??!

Well, excuse my long post. Hope you ladies are all doing good this morning.

Girlie 05-14-2004 10:27 AM

YAY, it's FRIDAY!

It's a lovely (totally rainy) Friday here in Central Illinois. I had a really nice workout last night...half hour on the bike, 45 mins on the elliptical and about 20 mins of crunches and leg lifts.

It was interesting because I got on the scale with my clothes on just because I was passing by from using the toilet at the gym…the scale read what I last weighed in without any clothes! That’s exciting! So, when I weigh unclothed on Sunday, I am hoping to see good results. I am proud of myself because I cooked just about every night this week and made good choices. I also started taking a multi-vitamin this week and remembered to take it every morning. I’m taking One-a-Day Weight Smart. I hate taking pills or vitamins of any kind so it gets hard for me…and these vitamins are big!
Anyway, oh, and yesterday I went to see my brother. He’s 29 and his major in college was Corporate Fitness…he’s always been an athlete and he’s trying to get into personal training, so of course he’s all buff. Unfortunately, he’s very critical of me and my weight and I guess since I’m his little sister he thinks he has to push me…so that’s why he’s not my trainer! Well, the point of this ramble is that he asked me if I’m losing weight…he said that I’m looking smaller. That was exciting!

Jilly:
I think you have a great routine. I am thinking about joining a class…perhaps a spinning class. I like the bicycle and am pretty good as far as endurance, but I walked by the class and it looked scary…all these skinny folks in spandex! I’m afraid I’ll look out of place.

Lynne:
The movies are always hard for me! I just can’t resist the popcorn there…yes, with butter! It’s deadly! I had some on Tuesday night. We went to see Van Helsing which sucked, IMHO! Anyway, I’m getting to the point now where I have a little of something and stop. My body realizes that I’m not hungry. Your grapes idea sounds good. I do that all the time. I’ll take some sort of healthier snack in my purse and a bottle of water, etc. Have you ever tried Pirate’s Booty? It’s a sort of a corn puff snack that you find in the health food aisle…it’s really good, the servings are two cups and they are low in fat and cals. That’s something I like to take with me.

Oh, and I called the advertising company back – I have an interview today! So, I’m taking a late lunch today and heading over to see what it’s al about. I’m getting nervous! But I’m wearing my one pantsuit that fits today. Last time I wore it was to a business trip to Iowa and that was in early March…and it didn’t fit this well. I am actually wearing the jacket open and my blouse tucked in! I feel very, very good and confident!

The other company I am waiting to see if I qualify for an in-person interview. I feel kind of bad doing this and my boss has no idea…I wonder what the etiquette of that is. I mean, I will give at least 2 weeks notice of course…but I don’t want to say anything until an offer is definite. I don’t want my boss thinking I hate my job and am totally unhappy, but the fact of the matter is that I need to make more money!

Well, toodles, everyone! I’ll let you know how my interview goes! Have a great, happy and healthy weekend…keep moving!

JEO1982 05-15-2004 11:37 AM

What a day....

Well I got up this morning and decided to go to the gym....I got to have along talk with the new girl who works there as I was the only one there...It was awesome I think she is a really nice person ;) Then I weighted myself and all the TOM gain was gone and then some.... I weighed in this morning at 203.8!!! Woooohooo!!!! I'm soo excited right now...

Then to top it off, I left Tim in charge of getting me tickets to Tobey Keith if he could since they went on sale at 10AM and I was going to be at the gym...I told him I didn't want to floor if I couldn't get with 20 rows...so I came home and he said "I couldn't get 20, but I got something with a 2, is that okay?" HE GOT ME 2ND ROW SEATS!!!!!!! I am having the best day!!! :cb::dance::dancer::flow2::dancer::dance::cb:

I hope that everyone is have such a day themselves!!! :goodvibes

kaliu2fan 05-15-2004 02:26 PM

Weigh to go

Hi guys my name is Pattie I will be 40 in a week and a half and I am stuggling just to lose the weight I gained 9 months ago with my daughter. I am doing Jenny Craig and have only lost 5 lbs grrrrrrrrr. It is a true struggle with me I walk 1.25 miles 5 days a week and let myself have 2 days .I too am a scale addict and my day begins with my weigh in. I am 212lbs and right now my goal is to get to 200 199 would be great. Please keep up the good work, I know it will come off I did it before it is just frustrating to have to do it again.
Thanks for letting me comment..........Pattie

kaliu2fan 05-15-2004 02:30 PM

You all seem so upbeat and happy on this post. My name is Pattie and I am doing Jenny Craig I have only lost 5 lbs grrrrrrrrrrrrr I am 212lbs and am trying to get to 199 reight now. I walk 1.25 miles 5 days a week and give myself 2 days it is hard and I am tired of thinking about weight. Any suggestions? Anyway good luck girls. Thanks Pattie

Janet Hoang 05-15-2004 07:19 PM

I used this great diet and I lost 34 pounds in 2 weeks. I found it at http://site16832.dellhost.com/ad it was kinda hidden in the internet but If found it and I feel and look great. A lot of fellows are noticing me as well.

eatnothingalive 05-15-2004 10:40 PM

34 lbs in 2 weeks???? You know what I say ladies, if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is...
I checked out the other posts from this person and they say the same exact thing...
smells fishy to me...

LynneA 05-16-2004 09:38 AM

Hi Pattie and welcome.

5lbs is a great start, losing a lot of weight takes time so don't lose your patience! You are doing great and you have started walking as exercise. I walk too and when I started, I found I could only walk 2 miles without feeling like I was going to die. After a couple of weeks though I could walk longer and now I walk 3.9 miles one day, then 2 miles the next and walk every day but Sunday when I give myself the day off and generally act like a lazy slug :lol: . I feel stronger and definately have more stamina. Don't give up, it's hard at first but you will feel better and will hopefully see results too. Drink lots and lots of water too, aim for in excess of 64 fl oz per day. Water helps your kidneys flush fat from your system and is much healthier than soda's.

I'm not sure that losing 34 lbs in two weeks is a healthy way to go. Everything I have read has suggested aiming to lose 1 - 2 lbs per week, which is considered a healthy amount and doing this will let you lose longer before you plateau, which is when you stop losing weight as your body adjusts. Still, everyone is different.

I'm having a good weekend, went to the movies yesterday and ate well at dinner, chose only veggies for my stir fry and the leanest cuts of meat off the mongolian grill :lol: . I am gardening today so am hoping to burn a few calories doing that. Hope the rest of you girls are having a great weekend and I will ttyl!