3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

JEO1982 07-01-2004 03:30 PM

Thanks Angel! I hope so too, but a lot of my clothes are still fitting, so I'll have to wait and see..... As for weighing yourself, I think you should go aheasd and jump on the scales... at least you will put your mind at ease! ;)

JEO1982 07-01-2004 03:45 PM

Forgot to mention

I'm not a pilates expert, someone just recommended it as an exercise for my thighs and I bought "Crunch: Pick your spot Pilates" which I do whenever I think about it (:lol:)

Anywho, I found this site for you: Pilates Information (I hope that helps!)

tardyangel 07-01-2004 07:43 PM

You're a doll Jenn, thanx so much for the link...I'm heading there now! I heard pilates are an amazing thing for those of us with a lot of weight to lose to help develop tone while losing the weight so that I don't lose muscle and I hope it will help me gain some more to offset my loss of fat so that my body won't be a complete wreck, lolol!

praytherosary822 07-01-2004 09:25 PM

Chubby - I am either washing dishes or getting supper ready, or if all is done, I go and take a long hot shower because I have about 1/2 hour before my hubby gets home, I'll go swing on my porch swing, but I stay away from the food. After supper, it's talking to all you nice people after hubby and I spend some time together on the swing. Anyway everyone have a wonderful evening. Check you out tomorrow. God Bless.

MyChoice2bfit 07-02-2004 08:52 AM

I'm sorry that I've not been here to much this week. It was a really intense week for me at work, because I'm going on vacation next week and so many things needed to be wrapped up before I went. I must say that I buckled down and hit it hard and I've got everything where it needs to be so that today I can just sit back and breathe!

Welcome to all the new people, this board is such a great place for motivation and the people here do a great job at keeping the board active and responding to each other.

I had my first weight gain in 5 weeks last night. I was really upset with myself, when I saw that scale going up. But this morning I realized that it was a wake-up call. I had gotton a little relaxed with my eating, and I wasn't keeping my food log, also I was working out, but not at the level that had been; I was just sort of cruzing.

I don't think that's really a bad thing, sometime we need down time..but it's time to get back to it.

Someone at my weight-loss meeting made the comment that I would now have to "be good" on vacation. It's not a matter of being good for me, it's a matter of changing my lifestyle and habits to have the life I want; healthy, thinner and happier with me because I have energy, I look good in my clothes and I don't hide behind my weight.

With that said, I'm looking forward to a chance to come back from vacation a little thinner and I'm looking foward to going on vacation with a weight loss of 39.50 lbs.

Life's what you make it and I'm making mine work for me!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Susie

praytherosary822 07-02-2004 08:53 AM

Chubby I also forgot - when I am sitting on the swing that is usually when I write in my journal, it's either in the form of me writing a letter to a friend about my day, or I pretend that I am the friend and write myself a letter, it's a good way to get my thoughts together to see where I need to improve.

Weigh in day- my husband loss another 1.25 and I stayed the same. Oh well, better than a gain! Not fair that men lose more and faster than women! Anyway everyone will check in tonight after work. God Bless.

HistoryChick 07-02-2004 11:18 AM

hey everyone....sorry I haven't written in here in a while....I'm getting closer to that 199 mark....ok so i've got a little while....but I'm getting there!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

JEO1982 07-02-2004 03:02 PM

Well all I just wanted to check in today since I won't be able to for a week... I will be on vacation too Susie, so I know how the weeks been for you, I've felt like I've been neglecting my ladies on here all week :(

I get to go on my vacation boasting a 32.5# weight loss since March, and hope to come back at AT LEAST the same loss... I made a promise to myself to have an active, fun vacation...not a lazy fun one... So maybe, just maybe I'll be able to drop some weight while I'm up there :crossed:

I look forward to coming back and spending a few hours catching up with y'all!

Have a great week and be good! Don't do anything I wouldn't do :devil: ;)

tardyangel 07-02-2004 04:59 PM

All you party people going on vacation this week? WoW! Have fun and think about me --- I'm working overtime :(

I had a HORRIBLE THING happen to me :( I was coming home and some ignorant guy shouted out fat a$$ at me :( I've worked so hard and was in tears when I got home. I'm so tired of going thru this. WHY?!?!?! After I just bought a pair of 1X pants (from a 3X --- I was so happy). One schmuck sends me to the floor reminding me of what I look like. I hate feeling this way and I hate people taking the cheap easy shots.

Then to top it off, I just got word that my hubby's grandmother just got rushed to the hospital and is on life support with congestive heart failure. I can't get thru to him, so I'm waiting for him to get him to tell him :(

When it rains, it pours!?!?!?!?!?! Sorry for ranting and raving...I just needed to explode somewhere since I can't drink anymore (too many darn calories)!?!?!?!?!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

praytherosary822 07-02-2004 10:21 PM

Tardy, girl you should be proud of yourself and don't let some idiot bring you down. He doesn't know you and doesn't deserve to know you. DO NOT let him undo all the good you have done for yourself. You do not have to answer to him, nor should his opinion matter to you, you are better than that. You know what goes around comes around, both good and bad, don't worry God will take care of him, if not in this life in the next, remember he still has to explain his actions to GOd and it would be interesting to see what kind of dumb butt excuse he will make for making a nasty comment to you. Right now concentrate on praying for your husband and his grandmother, they need your attention more than that jerk. I hope you can get past this, and I will keep your family in my prayers. God Bless.

tardyangel 07-03-2004 05:33 PM

Thank You :)

Thank you pray!

I really needed help getting that in perspective, and of course this happened during a holiday weekend when everyone is away :(

But on a good note...I got on a scale today :)

WOO-HOO!!!! I now weigh 263 :^:

I'm not even sure what to think, I'm soooooo happy I lost more weight! I really thought I wouldn't have cause I haven't felt any different...that makes 57 lbs for me!!!!! (I'm changing my signature now!!!)

MyChoice2bfit 07-03-2004 07:35 PM

Tardy,
Pray gave you some great advice! And it seemed to work for you....I'm glad you got on the scale and saw the numbers go down.

Don't let other people dictate to you how you feel about yourself. You know, that man probably has some issues himself, but instead of dealing with them (which is what you are doing and that's enpowering!)...he choose to pick on you. You know, the numbers on the scales will go down and you will continue to buy smaller clothes, but that man will never be happy until he deals with his own problems...you...you are going to be happy because you are taking control of the things you don't like about yourself.

Keep haning in there!

Susie

praytherosary822 07-03-2004 09:07 PM

Great insight Susie! Angel congratulations on your weight loss, you see you can do it! Wouldn't it be neat that when you reach your goal and you meet up with the same jerk and make him wreck because he is so busy looking at how great you look - ok that's kind of mean of me- but it does sound kind of nice. Anyway how are your hubby and his grandmother. Hubby and I over ate today. His birthday is Monday and we went eat out with friends and her mother bakes cakes for a living and I'm sure I don't have to go into detail but I will have a week to undo today's damage. Have a nice and blessed holiday everyone.

tardyangel 07-04-2004 05:45 AM

Thanx Guys!

Thanx Susie and Pray!

And yes, I do hope I see that schmuck again when I've lost my weight. He will deserve every second of uncomfortableness it will cause him.

I just realized yesterday that when I started, I needed 121 lbs. to see 199. It seemed like an unclimable mountain. Then I realized that now I'm only 64 lbs. away! That doesn't seem as bad any more!!!! And I was reminded my weigh in was on the first day of my "monthly friend", lolol, after eating, fully dressed, and on a cheap scale...and it already is saying 13 so there may be a good chance it's more like 16! That made me happy...I love friends ;)

Holidays and birthdays are the worst to get thru pray, but it sounds like you didn't do bad from what you're hinting at. And anyway....we're living a life, not a diet and we need to get used to days where we aren't at "our best". I'm learning that! And I hope when you get on the scale this week...you leave hubby in the dust ;) I hate that men lose faster too!

Have a great day guys!

Elizabeth2 07-04-2004 04:02 PM

New Poster

Hello!

I'll jump on this thread. Last week I was at 213 with a HW of 223.

I exercise lightly (bike, walk, yard work) almost every day but do no "routine" exercise. My big problem is wheat. I'm allergic to it and eating it wreaks havoc on my thyroid, etc but I have horrible difficulty staying away from it. This week my goal is to cut my intake of wheat at least in half. :dizzy:

I'd like to see 199 by the 31st.