3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

Satine 05-06-2004 03:06 PM

Hello, just checking in after a couple of days...you all are doing so well, so many new additions I cannot keep up...

LynneA - Terrific job on getting to 198!!! When I first got to 199 I about went crazy, then I kept hanging around at 199/200 forever ( of course I was cheating some, ha ) but now finally am back on track and even lost a pound to get to 198 this morning. I am with you, it feels so great to be under that 200 number, but I dont think I will feel safe until it is like 194 or 5 so I have some pounds to play with

Girlie - Hi, ha ya doin?

Everybody have a great day!!!!

Girlie 05-07-2004 10:12 AM

YAY, It's FRIDAY!!!!

Too bad the weather here in Central IL isn't all that great today...I guess another softball game will be missed this evening! :(

I couldn't sleep well last night. The hubs and I went outside late for a "jog" but I was so terrible and couldn't keep up with him so I turned and went back home and walk/jogged intervals around the block until he made it home. It wasn't much of a workout but it kind of got my spirits down because I was hoping I could do it. My husband and I used to make runs around the neighborhood several years ago when we first started dating (and I was 50 pounds lighter!) and now I can't even jog down the block. I will get there. My husband hasn't run in quite a while but he can just sort of...do it...but hey, I can kick :censored: on an elliptical machine, so at least there is something I can do.

This weekend is Race for the Cure in my area. I opted out of the walk this year...I was supposed to go to St. Louis this weekend but it was cancelled at the last minute. Maybe by next year I will be able to run it again as I used to.

Looks like everyone is doing well -

Jilly - thanks for the recipe - looks goooood! Hope you had a great day at home. I need to do that lol! I'm so lazy, I've got a sink full of dishes at home now. I'm seriously considering a cleaning person to come to my house, maybe every other week to do the dirty work.

Lynne - The only real type of stomach work that I do are crunches/situps as well. I use the little Ab thing at the gym that helps you do crunches without straining the back. The nice thing about them is you can kind of target where you want to lose by where you place your feet. For example, if your knees are fully bent when you do them, you're targeting more the natural waist/belly button area. I like to stretch out my legs a little, sometimes barely bending them at the knee and having only my heels touching the floor. This puts the emphasis on the lower tummy which I need to work on.

Carri - Looks like you are doing a good job of holding your weight. I don't know about me - I think I'm eating too many calories a day because I'm not losing. I just started TOM...it's weird because I missed it in April - I was due around the 19th and have sorta been prementrual ever since, and I finally got it yesteday. Maybe that will make a difference for weigh in next week? Hmm. I've still be exercising so I feel like I should be seeing some results. Sorry if TMI! I hate TOM!

So, this weekend is my 6-month wedding anniversary and I'm sure we'll be going out to dinner...as long as I keep exercising, I shouldn't gain.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Satine 05-07-2004 10:21 AM

Hi All !!

Girlie - Congrats on your 6th month anniversary :love: Have a good night out this weekend, I wouldn't worry about splurging, I mean hey it is your anniversary.
Yeah I am doing pretty well holding my own, I just feel a cheat coming on and I think it will put me back at 200!!!! So I am going to try really hard to not cheat, at least until I get down a ways to have some room to cheat :lol:

Have a good weekend all, stay strong !!! :strong: :jig: :cb:

JEO1982 05-07-2004 10:39 AM

:bravo: I just wanted to check in and congratulate everyone on a job well done! It seems like everyone is going so great this week :D

My big accomplishment of the week was wearing a pair of jeans that I could barely zipper before without them being tight at all!

My monthly weigh in at the gym is coming up and so is TOM so I hope that doesn't make it discouraging...though at least I will have something to blame it on if it's not as good as I am hoping :lol:

Hope everyone is having a happy Friday!

LynneA 05-07-2004 06:58 PM

Hi Ladies :)

Just a flying visit but I wanted to say thanks Jilly for that awesome burger recipe, I had them tonight for dinner (made them with blue cheese) and omgosh, how good they were!

Good to see everyone doing well :).

miss_elisha 05-07-2004 10:06 PM

Progress report: today's weigh-in showed 219! Yay!

Jilly--those burgers sound great--I might make some tomorrow night! I love just about anything with feta and/or spinach... put them in a hamburger and I'm in heaven! :cloud9:

Bad weather here too, so I didn't get in my daily walk. But I'm too stinking tired anyway. I hate extended hours at work. Another early and long day tomorrow, so I'm taking the night off from exercise in order to get more sleep. Heading off to bed right after making a journal entry.

Keep up the good work everyone! Have a great weekend!

~Elisha

JEO1982 05-08-2004 01:03 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that I am recharged that I will meet my 199 goal by the date I set (June 14th) :D I got on the scale tofay at the gym... :goodscale I was at 206.2 - woohoo am I excited!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far...I'll check in again later when I'm not babysitting anymore! :D

LynneA 05-10-2004 07:18 AM

Good morning :)

How is everyone this morning? Have a good weekend?

My weekend was great, in that we went out for a movie/dinner Saturday. Sunday was spent in the garden. I didn't eat too great over the weekend though. This seems to be my worst time when it comes to choosing food right. I need to discipline myself to order better, but I love steak too much! I'm going out for my walk soon, weigh day tomorrow!

DeenieM 05-10-2004 08:41 AM

Thread title caught my eye!

Good Morning 199er's!
My name is Deenie and I have been on 3FC for a few months now. My first goal long ago was to be under 225 - well I met that but then I lingered for forever in the 220 range. :mad: Then I went through a move with my family and gained back up to 230. I stayed there until I got motivated this December to get on track again. My highest weight was 262 and I am currently at 208 (as of this past Saturday morning). I also must confess :o I am a scale addict. Because of this obsession I am currently not weighing again until June 3rd. That is a few days before the date my DH and I are going on our anniversary trip. I so want to hit 199 by then and I feel I can do it if I will just pump up the exercise more :strong: and stay on points (I do WW). I am happy to report that I started measuring myself in March (don't know why I didn't measure when I started -to scary I guess) and since March 3rd I have lost 19.5 inches. So I am proud of that NSV and am also wearing a size 16 instead of a 20 like I was in Jan. :cb: So I just thought I would post here since I was lurking around reading and I decided to join you and let you know about my progress. You gals are doing great - and some of you have hit below 199 since this thread started and that's really inspiring as well as the person who posted that they had lost 18 pounds in 5 weeks to hit the below 199 mark - WAY TO GO!!! :bravo: :cp: :hat: Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and tell you a little about my journey. I will try to post when I can - May is a busy month for us. I won't be weighing until June but I will be measuring again in 2 weeks or so - I will report on that. God bless all of you for your weight loss efforts. All the glory for my victories goes to Him.

DeenieM

Girlie 05-10-2004 01:16 PM

Is it Friday Yet?

Hey Guys - I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! I'm proud of ya :)

And Deenie - Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like mine, only I'm still just sorta starting. I'd like to be in a 16 by the end of the summer. I have some 14/16 tops but most of my bottoms are a loose 20. It would be nice to get back into my old stuff again.

Jenn and Elisha, you guys are awesome! Thanks for being so great about everything! Kick arse, girls!

I need a good kick in the rear myself. I didn't go to the gym all weekend, which was odd because I felt funny. Friday I had a softball game and I decided not to go to the gym that night, but I got so lazy on Saturday and Sunday! And my eating was TERRIBLE this weekend. I'm so ashamed! So, since I haven't been to the gym, I don't know what my weight is so I'll go in tonite and report the results. I did go to my doctor this morning and weiged 231 with my clothes on...so hopefully I'm still around 229 without as I normally weigh. We'll see. I deserve whatever happens though! My hubs said he'd go to the gym with me tonite and if he doesn't go, screw him cuz I really need to go. It will probably be hard to do my normal routine since I haven't done this in a few days...but I deserve that too. I think I'll go in early so I can do a full cardio workout and take my time with stretches and crunches.

Best wishes to everyone for a happy Monday...and boy, I'm gonna have to try those spinach and feta burgers. I wonder if adding mushrooms will be good...there's nothing like the combination of spinach and mushrooms. Does anyone know which is "better" for you...feta or blue cheese?

Okay, I think I'm going to have a smoothie for lunch.

JEO1982 05-10-2004 03:49 PM

Welcome Deenie & Congratulations on your loss so far! If you are a scale addict as well you should join us on that thread as well ;) It must feel great to wear a smaller size...I know it felt great just to be able to put all my jeans on again... :goodluck: with your June 3rd goal, not that you will need it, you seem to have exactly the right attitude to succeed and having a reason for a goal always seems to make it more accomplishable to me... I look forward to reading about your successes!

Girlie - Go for you going with or without him! If you didn't go just because he didn't you regret it later, especially if you weren't feeling good later in the week and you wanted to skip up on the gym... Right now I think it is a good thing that I promised my sister we'd go to the gym tonight otherwise I might skip for a nap....I am so exhausted, I can't figure out why though...I wish I had the stamina to do crunches and then go to the gym :D

Kiki242 05-11-2004 12:27 AM

Hi! My name is Kim and I am new to this site, just joined a coupla of day ago, and I would love to join the race for 199! I haven't weighed that since 8th grade. Right now, everything is going so well for me...great grades in grad school, great, handsome boyfriend...the only thing missing is great health...ok, ok and a little confidence in a bathing suit ;) Well I have about 40-45 lbs to go to get to 199, and I am looking for some support and looking to give some as well, so count me in for the race!

LynneA 05-11-2004 07:43 AM

Morning Ladies.

Well, I got on the scales this morning and they said 201.5, I am out of ONEderland and managed to gain 3.5 lbs since last Tuesday. Needless to say I am feeling pretty down right now. I had a bad weekend this weekend but thought I could get away with cheating a little because last week I walked 3.9 miles Mon, Wed and Fri, and walked 2 miles Tue and Thur plus did 40 mins Tue and Thur of light weights on the Bowflex we have.

I know I need to be more careful with food on the weekend but I am feeling so confused over the exercise. Surely when you step up the exercise you will have results no? I really don't know what is the best form of exercise for me. I can't drive and my DH works Mon to Fri, plus we live in the middle of nowhere (an hour from the nearest city with a gym) so going to the gym is out. I like walking but how much should I walk? On Friday after exercising every day I was feeling drained and not well, I think I overdid it a little. I was thinking I should cut out the weights and just walk every day?. I drink a lot of water each day also, at least 64oz.

Sorry for the downer post but I am feeling pretty confused and depressed right now. I was expecting a plateau any day but not expecting a 3.5lb gain especially when that TOM is nowhere to be seen and won't be for another 2 weeks. :cry:

Any advice on the exercise from you continous losers?

Edit: it might help if I let you know what diet I am using. I am following a low fat/low cholesterol diet and trying to eat between 1200 and 1600 calories a day, trying to keep my fat intake to 30 g or less. My diet is carb heavy, low fat. My fitday link is at the bottom.

Girlie 05-11-2004 10:27 AM

Good Morning and Hello and Update

Kim – Welcome! I think you’re in the right place. We would be happy for you to join us and become a regular here. We need all the support we can get and we would love to help support you! Stick around and keep posting with us and share your routine, food, whatever you want!
Jenn – how was the gym? You know what’s funny? I end up working out the hardest and doing a real kick butt job on the days when it’s the hardest to get into the gym! It’s really weird, but that’s the way it happens! I think when I’m well-rested, I’m over confident and start getting tired midway through my 40 or 45 minute elliptical run and 20 mins is a long time when you’re tired. I didn’t feel super up to it last night but did a decent job. I only got on for 35 minutes along with 15 mins on the bicycle. I went to the gym too late and got out of there just as they were closing. But I did it and I’m looking forward to going tonite.
Lynne – That’s got to be tough…but keep going, girl! Our bodies are so dynamic that you just never know what in the world goes on. In another thread, one woman will wake up 8 pounds heavier than the day before…we all carry water around differently. It’s really easy to want to give up. I’ve been at 229 for a few weeks now and haven’t seen any changes…and there are times when I feel like I do everything right and the scale goes the other way. We’ll never know why! My husband is totally NOT a scale watcher. He says to me, “what the scale says is irrelevant. It’s what you do, the exercise, and your eating, because if you’re doing that right, SOMETHING good is happening to your body even if the scale isn’t going down.”. I try to keep that in mind all the time but it’s so hard. I know how depressing it is. And you know, maybe you are building muscle and that’s why the scale went up. Make this week another great exercise week like last week and weigh in again next week. You just never know, your efforts might be doubly rewarding! Maybe your body recognized that you stepped up the exercise and is holding onto whatever it can. The actual diet plan that you follow is up to you and your doctor. The main thing is that you exercise and you are, and I think your walks are impressive! Keep your chin up!
As for myself…I weighed last night and am still 229...amazingly. I refuse to change the 228 from my signature…hopefully, I won’t need to in a week! I had such a bad eating weekend. That has got to stop. My husband and I went grocery shopping and stocked up on chicken breasts and lamb. We’re having lamb-burgers tonite! Mine will be bunless. I’ve been trying to focus on just meat and veggies lately and cut down on breads like I did when I was losing. My mindset is starting to get lackadaisical about eating and things. I’m thinking about making a goal for June 1st – 225 pounds. That’s what I’d like to do anyway.
Anyway, I’m trying to plan dinners for the week. Anyone have a good idea for chicken breasts?
Have a great day!

LynneA 05-11-2004 04:48 PM

Thanks for the support Girlie. I feel better than I did this morning and am determined to lose those pounds. I am planning a walk this evening when it cools down some and am going to have to make sure I don't cheat at weekends.