3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

JEO1982 06-14-2004 09:59 AM

Barb - Welcome! 28# is great! I know what you mean about being impatient though...sometimes you just feel like you've done SOOOO much for so little result, but look at it like this: you are 25% done with your overall goal already, which is an amazing feat, remind yourself of that!

BTW, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, but I am glad to hear that you could turn it into a learning experience and a pivot point to turn your own life around... You are a strong woman and you WILL succeed! (2 1/4 miles... look at you go!) ;)

JEO1982 06-14-2004 10:13 AM

Praytherosary - I think we all have weigh-in like that, where the nasty old scale shows a bad number... But I just try to look at those times like a reality check to tell me to it up a little...Just keep up the walking and try to stay on program and I know this week's weigh-in will be better! :)

JEO1982 06-14-2004 10:33 AM

Courtney - Welcome A-"board"! You and I started our program about the same time, only you have a greater accomplishment to report: 36# to my 26.5#, and considering what you've had to deal with in the meantime, that makes it even more incredible.... Before you know it you will be in ONEderland... Keep up the awesome work! And don't worry too much...weekends seem to be the hardest for everyone, but you are right today IS a new day and a fresh start. Great attitude!

I will be keeping your mom in my prayers too. I know how hard it is too watch someone deal with cancer, even when they are beating it!

JEO1982 06-14-2004 10:46 AM

Jilly - Hope you had a fun (and on plan) BBQ with your son! It was great of you to host that for him... BTW, the ball game was fun, even though the RedSox lost. In fact I think it was even better because they did lose, since Tim got to see his favorite team play for the first time and he got to see them win! He was soo excited, that just being able to get him there made me soo happy :) Horseback riding was fun too! I got to ride this horse named Cederic for an hour through beautiful trails. It was awesome, but now my butt hurts... Is that normal? I think I must have been doing something wrong? I dunno, but it was worth it for the experience! :D

jilly65 06-14-2004 10:49 AM

IT"S MONDAY!!!!

Here I am me and my :coffee2: (I swear I can not get started without it :lol: )

Courtney:I hope all is well on the home front...You are an inspiration with all you are dealing with and still making time to get healthier and lose the weight...You must keep doing for yourself ...me time is just fine iy gives you energy and keeps positive energy flowing for when those times get tough...we are all sending positive thoughts and energy your way :goodvibes (close your eyes and concentrate and I know you will feel it) and are here to talk anytime you need :grouphug: !!

Pray the Rosary:Weigh-ins can be "icky" (if that is a word :lol: ) BUT I 'll bet the next one is better,keep uo the good work and it WILL happen!!

Susie: My food weakness is Oreos....thank GOD thay come in reduced fat so it is not sooo bad :lol: .......

So... the after Prom Party went well...there are still Kids sleeping everywhere in my house and a line up for the bathroom...I have dibs next as I have to get to work...It's raining :rain: here today so I'll have to leave the walking till later or go to the pool tonight instead...
Talk to ya'll later...Everyone have a great day... make good choices .....

Later Jilly :)

JEO1982 06-14-2004 10:53 AM

Susie - Glad to hear you had fun! Dancing is a fun form of exercise and you can't beat that! ;) Btw, I have had the same sort of experience as yours with the cookies, only mine was Ben & Jerry's icecream... I ate an ENTIRE pint in place of dinner one night....That is 4 servings and probably over 1000 calories easily :o Needless to say, I was sick to my stomach afterwards and I think that is what I needed to show me it wasn't worth it... Sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways... Like allowing that break in will power to let you teach yourself a valuable lesson... I definitely have more will power after that, let me tell you!

barb64 06-14-2004 11:27 AM

Hey Jenn!

Just really quick- Thanks for the welcome and all the sweet things you said-

You are so Cute!!!! Thanks- Barb

JEO1982 06-14-2004 01:02 PM

Don't mention it Barb! That's what we are here for to support each other, right? ;) :grouphug: :goodvibes

praytherosary822 06-14-2004 09:52 PM

Hello Everyone

Thanks for the words of encouragement, they are such a blessing. Even though we did not have a good weigh in, my husband and I had a good weekend where our eating was concerned. Did you realize that you can eat one slice of pizza and be full? I did. It's amazing if you eat till you are no longer hungry how little food it takes to fill you up! Anyway we are going to have a better weigh in Friday. God Bless you all and thanks for being such a blessing to me. Tammy

MyChoice2bfit 06-15-2004 08:47 AM

Good morning everyone,
I just wanted to start this morning off in a positive manner, but coming to the board and getting motivated. Most days I do very well at keeping myself motivated, but some times I need "pumped up".

I worked out last night. Walked on the outside track at my local Y...it was a beautiful evening, then my workout partner and I took a break from the weight room and did our strength training in the aerobic/fitness room. It was empty so we went in there and did things with the free weights, using the ball for some core exercises along with our weight training and we also used resistance bands. It was nice to do something different.

Well, time to get to work. I'll check on everyone later.

Have a wonderful day!

Susie

JEO1982 06-15-2004 10:08 AM

Good morning!

That's sounds like a good workout Susie! it is always nice to do something different every now and then with your exercise routine. I go to Curves 5+ times a week and Water Aerobics on Wednesdays for a change of pace ;)

I hope you found the motivation you needed here this morning! :coffee:

tardyangel 06-15-2004 01:30 PM

Woo-hoo!!! l0,0k (lol) at all these people "weighing" in with their comments! (what a tard I am...hence the name "tardyangel").

It has been a normal weekend. Nothing spectacular to report....other than, lol (of course there is)....I put on an 18W jacket today! Woo-buggin-hoo!!!! lolol...now I can't button it, but baby it fits (like a glove, lol)....My 28W's are out the window! I'm wearing a 21 now as --- I'm snug in a 20 and loosey-goosey in a 22.

Painter - I get how you're feeling completely. There's something about seeing 300 on a scale that really makes you realize how far you've gone off track. I started at 320 :( I'm tall too, so I hide it quite well too (5'9") I've had the same problem. I'm heavy around my mid-section, so clothes are loose on top and tight at the waist. I hate it! But I hope it will begin to even out more too, but darn it, I'll live wearing a 12 top and 10 pants if I have to ;) (I'll just have to ....suffer.... lolol).

I don't weigh myself as much as most ppl do though. I'm afraid of the scale and avoid it like my worst enemy. So I have no clue if I've lost any weight here in the past month. Since I only get weighed at my doctor's office and my next appointment isn't until October; I'm sure I'll break and get on a scale before then.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend ---- and keep posting! I love to read your stories and what's happening in your lives! Gives me a boost to know we're all in the same boat.

MyChoice2bfit 06-15-2004 01:39 PM

JEO: Thanks for the post...I do find a lot of support here. It's helpful to read others peoples comments and see how far they have come and where they are going. I used to do water aerobics, but we don't have the class anymore, however the pool is still available, so I might add that especially since it's starting to get hot here in Ohio.

TardyAngel: I'm a 21 pants also! Started in 26's, and I know that when I started wearing a 18 top, I was in heaven! Can't wait to get to that size on the bottom! We will get there!

JEO1982 06-15-2004 01:44 PM

WOW... Look at you go Angel! I bet it will button in no time too!

I wanted to share my pictures with everyone so you can see how I'm doing (I also have my family in there too ;) )My Photo Gallery Here

tardyangel 06-15-2004 02:42 PM

Afternoon is better than morning!

Hello! Hello again all! :coffee:

I'm awake and raring to tackle the day...now that it's over, lololol!!! I've exercised today, so I feel better knowing that I took care of me today...even though I hated every step in my hour long walk (it's 92 here today with high humidity, yowzer!)

Jen - your pics rocked! Go on with your bad self ;)

My - Woo-hoo! I'm glad to know there's someone else out there in those "21's"! It was a major celebration for me as I'm sure it has been with you.

I've been feeling like taking a chance and weighing myself since it's been a month, but I think I'll just hang back and give myself another month :dizzy: just to be safe....I'm hoping and praying that I weigh in the 260's now (hoping and praying as key words in that statement, lol).

I'll see if I can post a b4 photo of me from last year and I'll try to post one at 6 month intervals.

Have a great day ladies!

Angel :)