3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

LynneA 05-17-2004 10:05 AM

Good morning :)

I hope everyone is doing well and that you all had a good weekend.

I had a good day yesterday, ate well, no pizza or steak all weekend! I did eat some sunday dinner yesterday but stuck to water as my drink and fruit as desert. I even managed to sit there and watch DH demolish a bowl of peach cobbler whilst I ate grapes and melon. Very proud of myself for not breaking and getting some cobber too :).

My jeans which were previously a little too snug for my liking were quite loose yesterday so I am hoping that tomorrow when I weigh, I will have lost something.

Busy day for me today, I have some planting to do and house cleaning. Will ttyl.

JEO1982 05-17-2004 10:25 AM

What willpower! Great job Lynne! :goodluck: with your weigh in not that you will need it, I'm sure you did awesome! Look forward to hearing the results! ;)

Girlie 05-17-2004 11:12 AM

Hello, Everyone!

It sounds like you are doing such a great job. PATTIE, just being here is a great step for you. Stick around and do the best you can day by day.

Everyone is doing so well. Jenn, awesome about the Toby Keith tickets! I love having great seats at a concert!!! I'm not a big fan of country but I think my hubs has a couple of TK CDs...is he the guy who did the "courtesy of the red white and blue" song? My husband loves that song, being the military man he is lol!

I had a great, relaxing weekend myself. I must have done something right this week...I'm about four pounds down. 224.0 exactly, and it was wavering to 223.8 but I went with the 224 like a good girl. So close to 223! I'm thinking about trying for 220 or 219 for Memorial Day. How exciting. I'm finally starting to realize that I really can do this...and One-Derland isn't all THAT far away...it's just around the corner.

Congrats to all of you for doing so well this week. There will be good weeks and bad weeks...I'm glad that we're all pretty much in sync this week!

I ate out a few times this week and tried to make good choices. I eat meat and veggies more than anything else because I think they are easier to burn off. I hope to get to the gym every night this week.

I am munching on dry Cracklin Oat Bran for breakfast, have a fruit cup for another hour or so and to be honest, I have no planned lunch...we have this ancient refrigerator at home that we had to defrost this weekend so we let our food run out and ate out most of the weekend, so we have no food LOL! I really am not sure what I'll do. For dinner, I'm probably going to make lambsteaks or Lamburger Helper LOL. Lamb was on sale at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago so we've been eating a lot of lamb.

JEO1982 05-17-2004 12:34 PM

:bravo: Girlie!! 4# in a week is awesome!!!! Keep up the great work!!! :cp:

BTW - Yes, Toby Keith is the one sings "Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue"... another song your husband might like is "The Taliban Song" it's on the "Shock'n Y'all" CD....

Has anyone here ever heard of "Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates"? I heard that pilates is good for your thighs and I was thinking about getting this DVD because it let you choose a workout based on what you want to target... any thoughts would be appreciated ;)

jilly65 05-17-2004 12:44 PM

made it through the wknd.!!

Good Morning Ladies.... :coffee:
well i made it through the weekend okay and my kick boxing class starts tomorrow evening and I am really excited about that....I went for a 3 mile bikr ride this a.m. (have not been on a bike in years so that was a surprise to my system)then I came home and lifted weights for 1/2 hour.the bike ride was a lot harder than I anticipated way different than swimming and walking which is my usual :dizzy: ...Scale still has not moved and I am feeling a little down about that :mad: .The hubby hid it again until this fri. so we will see then if it has finally moved... I will let you guys know how my class goes tomorrow when i get home.....Talk to you then

Jilly

HealthyConnie 05-17-2004 08:01 PM

Hi Girlie! Whooohoooooooo!!! Congrats on making to ONEderland and beyond! That's awesome! I'm very happy for you! I'm going to join you very soon. I've got about 14 pounds to lose and you've given me some added motivation. Thanks!

Kindly,
Connie :)

sheisaclerk 05-18-2004 02:18 AM

Wow. Newbie here. How glad am I that I found this site? You all seem so supportive of eachother and SUCCESSFUL in your own endeavors! Congrats to you all.
How about some history--- My name's Rachel. I'm 20 years old, I'm a college student and living at home until this fall. I work at a CANDY STORE right now (It's not as bad as it seems. I do not have a sweet tooth). I have alwayyyyysssss been the chubby girl and have always had negative feelings towards my body and always have been highly critical of my looks.
My highest weight was somewhere around the 300 mark (at six feet tall), I wouldn't allow myself to be weighed but about 4 pants sizes later I was around 250, and that was in late 1999. Summer/Fall of 02 I had gotten down to 188 with diet and exercise and I had never felt healthier or more alive, but unfortunately the weight didn't stay off.
Here I am now 2 years later at 218 and I am itching to get back to my healthy self. I'm just counting calories (1400-1600/day) and I've been back at the gym every day except Sunday for 2 weeks now doing 20 on the eliptical, 30 on the treadmil @ 3.8mph, and weights when I can remember. No loss yet but I'm choking it up to muscle gain and ToM bloat. I'm considering doubling my cardio- going to the gym in the AM before class as well as my usual 5:30pm. But I don't want to do too much too soon.
I'm shooting for 198 on June 28. That's like 3 pounds a week. I think if I can double my cardio two-three times a week that's an almost-realistic goal.
My biggest problem is munching while I'm on the computer or reading at night. I've managed to curb the cravings with sugarfree popsicles or a glass of 2% milk (I find that little bit of fat makes it so much more satisfying than skim, extra calories be damned) but I still find my eyes wandering towards the ritz crackers...
:halfempty what's a girl to do?

jilly65 05-18-2004 11:16 AM

get me through this

:coffee2: hey there...
just got back from the pool and am getting ready for work... I have my first kick boxing class tonight and I am starting to get a little nervous..I am going with my best friend who is 5' tall and 110lb soaking wet and hope not to be the only BIG girl there......
Just nerves I guess...anyway I'll post later and let you know how it goes...

Jilly :^:

LynneA 05-18-2004 12:16 PM

Good morning ladies :)

Well, I am back in ONEderland, scales said 197.5 this morning! :strong:

Not only have I lost the 3.5 lbs that came from out of nowhere, I also managed to drop another half a lb! So I am very pleased with myself right now :).

Jilly, don't be nervous, I am sure you will kick arse, pardon the pun. I'd love to do kick boxing, it's good exercise and a great outlet for frustration too.

Welcome new posters, I am sure you will fit right in with our little thread, some very supportive ladies here.

Well, got to go, will ttyl :) Woo! ONEderland!!!!

Girlie 05-18-2004 01:00 PM

Hello!!!! Yet another long-winded post from Girlie...

Hello All! Good Morning!
My husband took me out last night to a local sushi restaurant and we shared a couple of rolls of sushi and a plate of noodles..mmmm. I went to the gym afterward. One slight problem of mine is that I am trying to arrange my eating and workouts. I save dinner for my bigger meal of the day but if I eat late, then I have to go workout within an hour of eating and so I’m still feeling slightly full and I sometimes will have a bit of indigestions as I’m running on the elliptical. Plus, the scale shows a higher number because dinner is still in my belly. I really like having dinner as my “big” meal…it’s sort of my reward for eating lightly all day, something to look forward to. I think I will just try to make dinner or get dinner first thing after I’m off of work at 5pm. That way I can be eating around 6p or 6.30p and then head to the gym around 8pm. Last night we didn’t get to the restaurant until 8.30p and we were done at 9.30p and I was at the gym around 10pm…too close. Especially with wasabi and soy sauce in my system. Second of all, I just have to NOT weigh myself during the week and wait until Sunday afternoon when I usually go on an empty stomach, with the exception of maybe a bagel or fruit. We really sleep in on the weekends and usually have one meal around 5pm then a snack or popcorn at a movie later.

Jilly – I am excited for your kickboxing class. I wouldn’t have the guts to do it! Let me know how it is, okay? I don’t know how tall you are but my doc said that 155-160 is a realistic target for me even though I’m 5’4 and some say I should be 135 or something. It’s so weird, I remember being that “small” but I can’t imagine it right now.

Jenn – Thanks for the info about Toby Keith. That’s awesome and I’m excited for you! I haven’t heard of the DVD that you mentioned but if you try it, let us know! I know of SEVERAL places I could target. Is there just a whole body target LOL?
Connie – If you were referring to me, I haven’t made it to ONE-derland yet…but I will :dizzy: . In time.

Rachel – Welcome! I’m glad that you joined us! You have the cutest haircut and face!! Stick around and keep posting. We would love to help you achieve your goals. This board helps me more than I probably know…I think about the girls in the thread here when I work out…I feel like if I don’t work out I will let the “girls” down LOL! As for your workouts, maybe you can double your elliptical? I usually do between 35-55 minutes on it and I like it because it burns more cals than really anything else in that time period.

Well, last night I did 30 mins on the bike and 30 mins on the elliptical…I felt a little sluggish since I had just eaten so I stayed on the bike longer and shorter on the elliptical. I did do my crunches and leg lifts and things though, and I felt good. I started running on the elliptical with my feet in a wider stance so my legs are open wider…I think it’s working that darn inner thigh better. I’ll try again tonite.

Be well and move your way onto ONE-derland and beyond… ;)

JEO1982 05-18-2004 01:23 PM

Jilly- Don't worry about the kickboxing... My sister is not small and she takes a class, and there are all different people in my friends Jackie's class, so just relax, go and have fun!

Lynne- :bravo: on getting back to "ONEderland"! I knew it wuldn't be long and now you've got some room between you and 200, so I think you'll be all good from now on! ;)

HealthyConnie & Sheisaclerk- Welcome a-board! :lol: You both are pretty close to "ONEderland" yourselves and I hope you stick around and post with us on your way there and then after you've hit that glorious mark!

Girlie- I think there is actually a workout on there to target your entire body ;) But once I get it and try it out I will post to y'all and let you know if I like it, then I will post after a bit and let ya know if it's working on my dang thighs

Lanato 05-18-2004 05:45 PM

Hello everyone,
My wonderful sister referred me to this site as we both have finally confided in each other our addiction to food. She didn't tell me her user name so I dont know "where" she is, but I know she's on here somewhere!!! It's been so nice to be able to talk to someone else who understands. Unfortunately we live 8 hours away from each other. So anyways, here I am. I'm a 23 year old married mom of 2 kids...a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 month old. I know, I know, my hands are full! I used to be in the Army...so I do know what I could look like if I could get rid of all this extra blah on me! I currently weigh 212. My heaviest EVER was 250 (9 months pregnant, but still). I'd love, love, LOVE to be 199. I never want to see TWO HUNDRED anything again!!! I have officially started changing my eating TODAY. I decided to "punish" myself when I get a food craving...or just any general desire to stuff my face for no reason...by CLEANING!!! And ARRGGHHHHH do I hate cleaning! So each time I open the fridge/cupboards when I shouldn't be I've cleaned for 5 minutes. WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO I am going to be SKINNY with a CLEAN HOUSE!!!!!!!! So that's me. I'm here to chat, willing to be supported, and excited to help support others! Have a lovely day everyone! :D

jilly65 05-18-2004 10:29 PM

I Made It!!!

OH MY GOD :cheer:
I did it :cp:

It was GREAT, there was alot of people there in a variety of sizes.
We did so good and it was soooooo much fun.I absolutely loved it!! :love:

I can hardly wait to go again on thursday!!!

Thanks so much for talking me through this and giving me support :balloons: !!

I am going to go for a bath and hit the hay early I am tired :yawn: !

Talk to everyone tomorrow!!

Have A GREAT evening (and also WELCOME Rachel and Lanato) :grouphug:

sheisaclerk 05-19-2004 12:06 AM

Oh goodness it's been a long day. Between class and work I didn't have time to eat more than half an apple until 5:30pm. That has to be so terrible for me. But I ate a great dinner- if anyone wants the best recipe for practically non-fat low-er cal best fajita's I've ever had let me know- and
made a full 45 minutes on the eliptical trainer :D (thanks girlie for the inspiration)!!!!
I don't think I've sweat that much in my entire life I started out with 20 minute walk with incline as per usual and then decided to push myself and jog for 5 minutes before I got onto the eliptical. And the fact that I could jog for that long was such a huge motivating factor So I strapped my feet in and bit the bullet
Small successes like that just feel so darn good

Jilly- Way to go with the Kick Boxing! Classes can be so intimidating but really when you get down to it it's just plain fun The last time I really slimmed down I took step aerobics classes and the first day I fell FLAT on my kiester Congrats on trying something new! Trying new things is hard when you're bigger (though you seem to be shrinking steadily! 32 pounds is an amazing achievement if you really think about it so) Just wow. :) way to go!!

Lanato-another newbie just like me Hooray Good luck having a clean house, but comming from a history of problems with body image and eating disorders I always worry when people look at eating food as something to be punished. While it isn't healthy to stuff your face, there is a fine line between healthy aversion of food you don't need and unhealthy restriction of key nutrition
I'm not saying that's what you're doing just be careful!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome you guys

HealthyConnie 05-19-2004 12:20 AM

Hi Rachel :) I'm a newbie to 3FC, too. Congrats on all you've accomplished so far! You've come a long way from 300ish pounds! WOW! My heighest weight, that I know because I didn't weigh myself for a long time, was 280. I'm down to 213 now, been maintaining here for a couple months- sort of semi-on purpose. lol I'm ready to move down the scale some more, my long term goal is 145ish. How's that for a quick intro? lol It's nice to meet you and welcome, fellow newbie! I look forward to seeing you around this forum (it's so big and wonderful!). :) Kindly, Connie