3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

HistoryChick 06-28-2004 05:08 PM

Hey everyone!
I'm new here and have just started the SB diet. So far so good! I hope it continues to be that way!

Jess

praytherosary822 06-28-2004 08:33 PM

Hello everyone. Welcome new friends. We just flew in from Market in Dallas. DId not too bad with my eating, the only glich was Sunday night, our rep took us to this resturant Poppadeaus, I had a seafood platter, but did not eat but 2 or 3 fries, I ate the fried fish, it wasn't too big of a piece, I ate 3 shrimp, a some of the stuffed crab and shrimp, I left food on my plate, then I had this chocolate mousse TO DIE FOR!, but I only ate about 3/4 of it, which is great considering that a few months ago I would have left nothing on either plate, anyway going walk tomorrow morning. God Bless you all.

Kamitwi 06-29-2004 10:52 AM

Yay, way to go pray! I don't know if I could have reined myself in faced with the challenge of chocolate mousse! I'm drooling as we speak.

Avery, I know just how you feel. I remember topping 200 in the 6th grade and I haven't even been in waving distance for the past 10 years. I hate plateaus! I'm in one now too, and it seems like it's been a series of plateaus for me lately. Wait...wait...wait...then lose five all at once. The five is wonderful! The 'weight' is not. Going to the doctor today, so I'll be weighing in there, wish me luck ^_^

HistoryChick 06-29-2004 01:51 PM

I remember the last time I was in the 100's and that was my soph yr in high school....and they were the upper 100's....Oh to be in the 100's again....I'm determined to be in the by the end of summer...if not early fall....I hope I can do it! I have to say it's a nice feeling when your clothes get baggy. How's everyone doing?

Jess
:grouphug:

JEO1982 06-29-2004 07:52 PM

I took a little break... I hope y'all don't mind... I just lost the will to type... I was too distracted... See I found this condo listed for sale down the street from my bf's apartment and it is actually affordable so I have been working on getting more info and setting up a viewing for him... So please forgive my absence :^:

Welcome to all the new "chicks"... as you all know by now this site is terrific and the ladies in this thread are wonderful which is why I'm still hanging around after hitting ONEderland... I can't stop being committed to this thread until I see y'all reach your ONEderland goals too!

BTW Jess, you are SOOOO right about your clothes getting baggy...It feels amazing to know that jeans that were tight in December will now come all the way off without being undone ;)

praytherosary822 06-29-2004 08:44 PM

Jess try and be more positive. Instead of I hope I can do it, say I KNOW I WILL DO IT!! Losing weigh is just as mental if not more than physical.. SO, we know you can do it, now you have to know it too. Jenn welcome back, hope you get the condo if it is meant to be,Kamitwi how was your weigh in? Well ladies have a few more messages to send off. Have a blessed evening.

MyChoice2bfit 06-30-2004 08:38 AM

Hi Everyone,
I've been MIA for a few days too. I'm on vacation from work next week and
I've been trying to get everything squared away at work before I go.

But you know it's important (at least for me it is), to get here. so I get the support and motivation that I need and hopefully give some back.

So, this is a quick check in. Looking forward to seeing all those success we achieve on our way to ONEderland...it's not all about the destination but the journey as well.

Have a great day everyone.

praytherosary822 06-30-2004 09:36 AM

Hello MyChoice2bfit, I hope you enjoy your vacation. Just know that just by your being here is a blessing to all of us. It's about giving as much as receiving, becasue when you give encouragement it does your heart good and that's a good feeling. I will pray for you to have a good weigh in Thursday. God Bless YOu

HistoryChick 06-30-2004 09:56 AM

Ok praytherosary822 I know I can do it! :D

avery 06-30-2004 12:57 PM

Hey everyone-

It's amazing how just reading a few posts can be so inspirational! And I needed it today!

My week had been great so far. I've been really busy running around, so I've been able to stick to meals and healthy snacks and even exercise, but today I am working from home. Which is nice--still in comfy pj pants, but also challenging food wise. I've found that when I'm not super busy, I tend to get snacky. Or when I have a project that I don't want to start, I'll convince myself that a quick snack willl motivate me. Of course it doesn't help that the kitchen is right there with food calling my name!

This sounds horrible, but sometimes I really miss the old days of sitting around eating/binging. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss the sick feeling afterwards--not only because my stomach was stretched to capacity and my blood sugar crashing, but also the guilt. My life is so much better now, in so many ways, but these habits run deep, you know?

Anyways, thanks again for all the inspiration and motivation--it's SO much better than a brownie would give me!

praytherosary822 06-30-2004 09:31 PM

Hello Avery. what a pretty name. You miss the eating/binging because you miss the comfort food used to give. I know it's hard working from home, too easy access to food. But when the munchies strike, take a long bath, take a walk, talk to us, talk to yourself - you are your own best friend afterall, when you want to put off doing something, do something else, paint your nails, shave your legs, try on clothes to see how close you are to wearing them, try on clothes that are too big to see how far you have come. And from what I see you have come very far, good for you! You are an inspiration to the rest of us. Have a gread evening. God BLess You.

Pseudobrilliance 07-01-2004 03:24 AM

I love this goal!

I'm also new to this community. About me: I'm 20, around 210, 5'6. I attempt to work out on a regular basis, but sometimes I go a week without going to the gym. One of my frustrations is that my meals are provided, buffet style, so my choices are often both limiting (the entres) and tempting. For example, I limit the amount of french fries I eat, but they are a temptation every day. Or sugary cereal, which is always available. Or donuts. I could go on. Anyway, like most others, I have good will-power days. And very very bad ones. One of my new years resolutions was to switch to diet soft drinks, which I have, though often I rationalize drinking ice tea. I am returning to my other new years resolution, which was to keep myself adequately/well hydrated. I think thats all. I'm off to the gym first thing tomorrow for the thrid time this week.

chubby bubby 07-01-2004 07:57 AM

Going to the Promised Onederland

Hi, I haven't posted on this thread before.

I started my attempt at healthier living about 11 months ago (Say - Aug 1 2003). First going to a gym and then talking to a nutritionist and making healthier food choices.

I'm 53 and 5'2'' and though I weighed 5 lb. 2 oz. when born, I think that was the last time I was thin.

Anyway, in august I weighed nearly 132 kilo and now I weigh about 102 kilo.

(I went on a long trip to Australia in december january and took a break from the exercising from then until May.)

My next goal is to break the 100 kilo barrier.

Then I'd really like to get down to 90.5 which is under 200 lbs.

I thought I had the eating more or less down pat, but I find myself sabotaging myself, especially in the evening - as soon as I walk in from work.

What is the first thing you do when you come in from work?

JEO1982 07-01-2004 09:47 AM

Wow even more newbies! Welcome ladies! Sounds like you've already come far in your weight loss journeys!

CB- The first thing I do is get changed for the gym and then it's back out the door to workout... When I get back from the gym I shower and then come online and enter my stuff in fitday.com while I wait for my Tim to get home! :D

tardyangel 07-01-2004 11:11 AM

Woo-Hoo! Howdie Again All!

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a good day! I'm tired, delerious, and all those other things that go with working overtime and not exercising! I'm watching what I'm eating though, so I'm happy for that!

Girlie - Welcome back!

Susie - I'm sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well. I don't know much about what you have but it doesn't sound fun. :(

Jenn - WOO-HOO CHICKIE-POO! SIZE 12?!?!?!?! LoL :dizzy: Congrats! I hope the next time you go shopping that will be your "normal size"! By the way - you said you do pilates. Can you tell me what they are exactly and if there is anywhere I can learn them for free and get a pretty good description of them? (I'm a broke mommy, lol). I hope also that the boyfriend likes the condo! ;)

Pray - I haven't used the journals yet, but I wonder too if people find them helpful. I'm able to get my thoughts out here so I haven't really thought about using them.

Kam - YOU GO GIRL!!!! Your weight loss is an inspiration to all of us :)

Lynee - Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!

Erica - Welcome to the bunch. Yes! I know exactly what you mean about the maternity stuff! I hate that too. I just can't wait to get out of the "20's". I started in a 28 and I'm currently in a 20/22 range (depending on the way Saturn is orbitting the sun, lol). 18 will be nice to see again!

Avery - Happy belated birthday to you! And I really want to hear you tell us that you lost those 9 lbs! GO! GO! GO!

Pseudo - Welcome! Sounds like you're doing what you need to do! You gotta keep knocking them bad habits out, one at a time!

Chub - LoL about the birth weight comment! With a sense of humor like that, you should definitely be able to find the willpower to laugh your way thru the tough times and reach your goal. Good Luck!

Hmmm, I think that covers everyone! LoL --- super cool to see everyone posting. It really gives me the motivation I need to get by :)

I'm thinking of weighing myself, but I'm scared too, lol. I freaked a woman out that I work with because I haven't been weighed since 5/17/04 (almost two months!!!). I'm trying to hold out until October, but last night I dreamt of getting on a scale and it saying I've gained weight!!!! NO!!! LoL - I know I haven't but I'm afraid that if I get on that scale and it doesn't show me at about 260 I'll freak. The goal is to be 249 by 9/1/04 so I can set my next goal of 220!?!?!?!

Well let me know what you all think about "getting on the scale" lol.

Talk to you soon!