Old 05-04-2004, 05:00 PM   #271  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Wonder why they bumped it off and didn't bring it back!!!! Never heard that one Happy and we have a shortage of frogs in Aus cos we keep knocking off it's habitat. I can understand them not allowing it into NZ but they could have sent it back as an undesirable (tatoo and fingerprint and all) Moral of the story - don't get caught in anyones green stuff.
Steve Irwin is a nutter and I am surprised anyone on this planet has not heard of him after the baby in the croc enclosure stunt. He drove me crazy when he went to Africa to move some venomous snakes away from a village. Apparently they were in plague proportions. Anyway he had a very long stick and was poking it into holes (snake holes) and then announcing - 'Crikey they are aggressive'. Well crikey I'd be a bit aggressive too if someone came and poked a big stick into my home!. I did enjoy him with the orangutangs though. He was a bit soppy on that one as well. And yes there is no doubt he is passionate about wildlife and keeping some on the more destructive critturs out of it.
I'm waiting for dog to wake up so we can go walking. He is very slow this morning and for some reason he just wants to bark in the evenings. There is nothing out there, but we must bark at it. Maybe it is the bright moon!!

Referees have been contacted (twice), once by the agency and once by Griffith Uni. The agency tells me they rate referees on a series of questions rated from 1-5 (5 being the highest) and I got all 5's from one referee (thanks Helen) and 4's and 5's from the other. So I am definitely bright huh!! That feedback was good for the ego I can tell you.

So onwards to the new day. Best get dog up and take him for a walk. It's still cool out but it is the best time for his sniffing. Smells seem to proliferate in damp cool grass and bushes
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:01 PM   #272  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

A quick post to say hello. Spent the day with Jen. Much needed family time. Haven't read the journal or this place either but I need to get ready for the EYE DR tomorrow morning. Won't be home till around dinner time 5-6PM. Hope you all are fine and I will play catch up tomorrow night! I'm running out of time and need to plug this chair in too! I'm also running out of good working wheelchairs! Sweet dreams and also another bright and shiny morning! Missed you guys and love you too! Poor Jen has been neglected! I need to prioritize a little better. Adios Friends!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:51 AM   #273  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning everyone -
Quick post for me as I spent most of the last 2 nights working all night long on my class project. Only a week and 1/2 more to go and then I'll have the summer free - or rather free to beg someone else to hire me that is. Always something, eh?

Mel, I hope all goes well at the eye doc's for you. Shad, sounds like the job hunt is going along well - I'm sure you'll be sucked up at a new place before you can blink twice - so much for having a bit of time off to work around the house but then again a steady income is a nice thing, isn't it? Linus, sorry to hear that you are feeling all out of sorts - rest up Missy. Nae, welcome back - are you ready to crawl up on the wagon again? We'll even let you drive! And Miss Teel how are you doing? Have you kept up with the swimming?

I have to run now - mad dash to the office. Will try and come back later. Have a good one all!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:15 PM   #274  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Angry Today I crown myself.....

Queen of the *ssholes!!! Lasy week I erased a cancelled appointment and wrote in my eye doctor there instead of NEXT week on the 12th!!! I waited 1 1/2 hours and they said there was no way they could squeeze me in till after 6PM. I said goodbye, see you next week! Then the transport company was of course not expecting me so soon and had to wait over an hour for them! I am exhausted and got nothing done!
Nae~ Was good to see you had such a great time!! Peace...now there is a word I love! Especially peace of Mel's mind! On the smaller scale of things that is. Will we see peace in our lifetime?! Hmmmm. But I you sound so funny with the scale. I could have mailed mine out to you! I'm dying for it to go on a vacation and you are so wonderfully far away!! Come on in as we have said, the water is fine.

Happy~ What, frogs legs weren't good enough they have to have frog sushi now?! And alive at that?! Isn't that some kind of canibalism! And to think I had a heartattack when I found a dead ladybug in my salad!!!!
Hope the work is going well and the patience is holding! LOL Have you hit the hubby yet? or blackened any neighbors eyes?! You are doing so well! Congrats again!

Linus~ So sorry to hear about the back. Pain is a b*tch and hope you feel better soon! Maybe you should tie the dog to a wagon and let him take you around. He gets the exercise and the wagon would slow him down a bit! Stay well friend.

Miss Shad~ Does this mean these people may actually recognize intelligence?! Thank God for small favors!!! Sounds very promising to me. Good luck still!!

I forgot that idiot with the croc and his little boy was Steve. He annoys the Bejesus out of me and I can't watch him!!! My back is killing me but I know it is aggravation and will soon go away. I feel dehydrated and will drink a gallon of water and probably be up all night!!! Nothing else to repore except....Where is Miss Teel and Shaker and the rest?! Have a great night and Shad I hope the morning brings good news your way!!! Don't worry if you get a job so soon, Happy and I will come and finish the house renovations. We'll get a cot for Linus to lie on and she can supervise!!! nae is handy with a gun and will protect us from all the creepy crawlers!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-05-2004 at 04:18 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #275  

Default your all mad

woman me supervise your nuts im one of these really annoying people that dont think anything is done proper until ive done it myself and id drive you all nuts saying "no not that way " and id end up wearing the paint never mind putting it on the walls youll just have to catch me on a good day ive done that before been absolutly adament of a certain appointment and then get really knacked off when they insist its not at that time so i get all uppity and pull out my diary{big one cause my memory sucks i blame the meds} and find out they were right all along anyway youll get it right next week and cause you know it is the right appointment if they keep you waiting YOU BLOODY TELL THEM WHAT FOR shad i have no doubt that you aint gonna get much time off theres too many idiots i mean people that need to be taught out there thankfully im over here and cant make the classes otherwise you might retire never mind take a holiday so enjoy what little time off you get HAPPY you are being a total inspiration to me you seem to be coping so well im so proud of you and if its just a good face your putting on it tell dh to let us know what nuthouse they take you too i saw a really good card for nutty people the other day ROSE my fine empowered freind how goes it ? good i hope have you got that report done yet ? dear me sorry ive just had to chase the kids to do their homework and it must be catching talking about kids i have to go to conners school tomorrowas hes getting bullied and has been for some weeks and he didnt tell me as hed told the teacher and headmistress and it had gotten worse his big brother gets a half day on a wednesday and saw him getting thumped around the head but by the time hed gotten down stairs the lad had gone {which is probably a good thing craig didnt want to talk }apparantly hes the only one whos allowed to hit him!!!! so im going to the school to get this sorted out and if i dont i may just let craig deal with it well thats just how i feel at the moment conner hasnt got a nasty bone in his body and wont hit back as the school rules say not to thats what i think of the school rules they expect you to get hit and do nothing about it and tell them and guess what they dont do anything right before i get worked up again im going actually where is teel she hasnt been on uk either hope shes okay anyway im going to go and get my meds and ill speak to you all later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:02 PM   #276  

Grrrr, after all that excitement on Tuesday, they did not ring me back yesterday. Grrrrr - how long does it take to pick up a phone and say Yes, No, or we are working on it??? Grrrr. May just go up to the coast today and pick up one of Steve Irwins crocs and see what sort of reaction I get when I turn up with that under my arm and not a croc handbag!!!!
Linus, my sister is the best person I know for nutty cards. She always manages to find the right one for the job everytime. I think she bullies the card manufacturers into it.
Had a good day yesterday. I got out into the garden with the pruning saw and the big spade. I have pruned the bottlebrush tree in the front yard. It now looks like a series of sticks, I've repotted all the pot plants and added water retention crystals. (Unlike me they need to be able to hold water inside) I went to the nursery and picked up a couple of tomato plants and a punnet of lettuces - meant to be various sorts of lettuce but they all look pretty much the same to me - and some violas and some lobelia for planting around the standard rose and the calamondin tree and horror of horrors 2 new roses and a Kurune Azalea. Get over here and keep me out of the nurseries you guys!!!!!! Anyway I had a great day out in the sunshine and got a fair amount of exercise as well. Today I intend to go to the gym. I just might do bodycombat if I don't get a phone call one way or the other. Each blow will be aimed at someones tender bits!!!!!
I think Teel is in the respite centre. Didn't she say she was going when the folks left??? She should be back around end of week or so.
Linus, hope that back comes right again. Can't be easy trying to lose weight and have that sort of pain. Kids, poor little Connor.
Mel, we will have to tie your fingers in knots to remind you of the correct time and day. but what frustration for you. Getting all done up for nothing
Rosie, glad you enjoyed your conference and have come back full of peace and good intentions. So you've finally snapped and bought one of the metal monsters. Good luck with it. Mine gets confined to the cupboard or stuck in the corner and sometimes deprived of it's batteries when it doesn't perform.

Okay best go and get on with the day. First check on the plants from yesterday. Then a trip to the gym. Following that some tiling in the bathroom. Back into the bottle genie.

Last edited by Shad; 05-05-2004 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:51 PM   #277  

sorry shad no help from me with nurseries im an addict i love plants and since at the mo im without my house is full of pot plants i only have a 2 bedroom flat and have over 30 plants well they keep the air pure glad something is
kirsty
Old 05-06-2004, 01:18 AM   #278  
Choose your hard

Aha Shad, so we have found your weakness in life - we all have them don't we? Well you could do much worse than having a passion for the items at the nursery. Sounds like you've picked up some lovely things to enjoy. And I fully agree with your frustration with the interviewing - it's hurry up and then wait around. Oof duh They expect you to be at the ready and then you hang around putting things off because you want to be available if they call (not so much a problem anymore due to cell phones but still....) then you don't hear anything. HateItHateItHateIt. I am not looking forward to interviewing all over again. Haven't been able to figure out a way I can stay at home either but it sure would be nice to take the 3 months of summer off. I am seriously behind in my fly ladying and the clutter is building all around and frustrating me. But it also gives me incentive to get a move on here and get some things done.

While we were on vacation we were admiring DH's aunt's house. She has things planted all over in sort of a "here's a spot, let's plant something here" type of arrangement. Now I am used to our environment. You plant things in the spring, enjoy them over the summer and then they pretty much die off over the winter except for bulb and root flowers like lily of the valley, tulips and daffodils. Only the trees and shrubs for the most part go dormant but still keep growing. Then to go to a place like California and I suppose much like your garden also Shad - where it doesn't get cold enough to kill things off it was amazing to me to see how BIG things can get when they are allowed to live and bloom all year long year after year after year. Have you ever seen geranium BUSHES? It was quite remarkable.

It is time to think about sprucing up the house here too although we actually did get a frost warning on Monday - it was a beautiful spring weekend and everyone was out planting then on Monday they are telling everyone to cover the delicate plants from the cold. Silly people. Everyone knows you don't really plant here until the 3rd week of May at the least. I am trying to cut expenses as much as possible so I am not sure what I will be planting this year for flowers. Would really like to get the stuff - perennials - that comes back year after year. Problem is when those seed and blow around the yard in the fall, they come up in the oddest places in the spring - usually not where you had them last year

And thanks for the reminder on Teel, I did forget she was off for a bit. Hope you are all enjoying your day...
Old 05-06-2004, 09:11 AM   #279  

well i never lost the plot when i went to school this morning and i hope its sorted out just a quick post as ive been super busy and have to go to slimming world tonight and possibly take kids to the shows so ill come back on tonight and do a nice long chatty post
speak later
kirsty
Old 05-06-2004, 05:47 PM   #280  

good evening chickies and what a good evening it has been ive done it im formally under 16 stone i lost 5.5 pounds and now weigh 15.12 and im absolutly over the moon so bloody exstatic this is the lightest i have been for 12 years and boy do i feel good so since i started my diet on march the first ive lost 2 stone and 2 pounds and since i started slimming world on the 15 th of april ive lost 9 pound and i got my half stone lost sticker its silly being chuffed over a wee sticker but god have i worked for that thing so yes im excited anyway had one of those days when you never seem to stopi went with wee one to school then went shopping for the fortnight and then went for a kip {much needed }then went to collect son from school took sons to video shop for games and dvds then home fed the dogs put the washer on and took the dogs out again went to slimming world went to chippie for kids tea and came hoe took the dogs out answered the phone a dozen timescause mum phoned then she phoned my sister in hull who phoned my other sister in hull in the meantime mum phoned my siter down the road who phoned my dad who phoned my stepmum who then all and i mean all phoned me to congratulate me on my weightloss and my stepdad texed me to say he wants a look at my book i kindae get the feeling that they all wanted me to lose weight but didnt have the guts or the heart to tell me and afte that i took the dogs out again and now im sitting on my butt and dont plan to move until bedtime so im off to play some games and will speak to you all later have a great day/night wherever you are and speak soon
kirsty
Old 05-06-2004, 06:16 PM   #281  

WAY TO GO KIRSTY What a magic moment for you. That sticker is important (small or otherwise) because it is a huge achievement and later down the track you will look back on it with pride. What does that put you in lbs - just over the 200 if I remember right? Mel will ask if I don't - I'm trying to think back is it 16oz = 1lb and 14lb = 1 stone or the other way around???

Must get off here. I need to go to the Drs and wait my precious time for an hour or so in order to get a prescription renewed. Actually I will ensure I get every precious minute with him that I can because its going to cost me about $700 in taxes. I'll explain that one when I have more time.

No job from the interview. They decided to go with someone else who apparently had more experience. That's fine. I'm enjoying life at home this week and if it wasn't for the damned bills I would be almost as ecstatic as linus. Gym went well yesterday and life is just peachy. Gotta go.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:45 PM   #282  

Just spent an hour or so at the Dr's surgery and about 15 minutes with Dr Ian. He is putting me up as a model example to some of his patients. Last year my BP was through the roof and cholestrol was high as well. Well guess what. Without medication and all by myself I have reduced the Blood pressure down to where it is on the low side of normal but almost back to my thirties level and cholestrol is into the normal range. I had been feeling good about yesterdays workout when I got up, now not much is going to upset my day.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #283  

Default Yeah For Shad And Linus

you gals are so great and what an inspiration to all of us........ good job to both of you. I am hoping that will be my story sometime this year. I just got back my blood work and I am sort of worried about it, will have to clear up my questions when I see my dr. at the end of the month. Am trying to work in the direction of completing my daily goals. Will post more this weekend and tell you guys if I have made any progress.....
Talk to you all soon!
Great Job...... you guys are awesome
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:05 AM   #284  
Choose your hard

:

Very NICE job Shad and Linus. Many congrats to both of you for all your fine efforts!!!! I salute both of you. Would bow but I might not straighten back up again Keep up the good work.

Sorry to hear that the job didn't come through for you Shad, but as you said there will be others. If only the bills could be put on hold for a while. We are hoping that we will hear something soon about the terms of the settlement and transition with our present jobs. In the interim I am looking myself and doing a little networking. Kirsty I am especially proud of your success, especially after the way the very rude WW people treated you. You showed them, didn't you?

I keep saying I will but I really MUST get back on program again. I can feel the bloating from the salt and the acid reflux from the somewhat fattier foods I've been eating lately. Also must put an end to this before I find that I've gained 25 pounds and can't fit into anything. No way to start the summer now Missy

Last edited by happy2bme; 05-07-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:16 PM   #285  

good evening girls where have you all gone not far i hope well ive been swimming and i stink of chlorine so im going to go and have a shower and if im still awake ill come back on later hope you are all well
kirsty