Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #91  

I really am back from my fun weekend. This morning a county sheriff was on my doorstep to deliver a thingy that says DS owes $1100.00 in unpaid rent and cleaning fees from his last house he and his gf rented. I do not like being involved in other ppl's non bill paying business. First Grandpa Jim and now DS. Geez. I want to crawl under a rock.

Then a salesman came into the office w/ a gift of jelly beans and someone left a container of Almond Roca on my desk. And I'm up another pound.

Cherry, do whatever it takes. At this point I don't know what works. I do know that it's a life long struggle. It's so hard.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:50 PM   #92  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

I'm so ashamed of myself. I've gotten the Dr. Phil book. It says that the reason I'm not losing any weight is because I eat too much and don't exercise.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:00 PM   #93  
Dysfunctional Queen

Default skin art

Wabs, how old is DS? What does tattoo look like? DD2's bf got her a tattoo for Valentine's day. how romantic. it looks like a black blob but i'm told it will look better once it heals. she looks like a biker babe. i hate it. ds tells me that he is getting his lip pierced as soon as it's "legal".

cherry. go for the carb free thing. i can't live a life without fruit. i've tried. and tried. i think surgery is the only option left for me. dr refuses to tuck tummy when de-gallbladdering me. how rude.

have to go kill ds. he didn't do his french homework last night.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:14 PM   #94  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i hate when fat people like Randy on American Idol and Al Roker on the Today Show CHEAT BY GETTING THEIR STOMACH REMOVED--------------THAT IS NO FAIR---------poor people can't afford to have their stomach's taken out---------Frappe----see if dr will take out your stomach with the gall bladder-{NICE POST LOHAAAAAAAAANIE-------------}cHERRY!!! there is a man in this part of Canada--they call him the "diet ****" ---who is causing all the people who go to him to drop tons of weight-----i have a friend who lost A HUNDRED POUNDS,one who lost forty pounds,one who lost sixty and a few who have lost twenty or so--------------------his diet is low carb AND lowfat----not like Atkins which can be high fat---------------his website is www.simplyfit.ca-----i myself can't hack the low fruit intake diets but as lohannie will attest,once you get off the sugar,you feel a LOT better and less driven to binge eating---------------anyway ,gotta go get ready to watch American Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:18 PM   #95  

Frappe, it looks like a black flamey type pattern on his upper arm. It can be covered by a short sleeve shirt. Anyway, that's what he told us to appease his Dad and I. You can't tell a 20 year old anything. He will be 21 next month. Yikes. Are you having laproscopic gall bladder surgery? I had mine out last year. Piece of cake. The only problem was with the anethesia. It doesn't agree with me. I'll never make it as a druggie. They make me too sick.

Was that a post from Lush?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:11 PM   #96  
loves kleenex box art

Yes, highlight it for the secret message from Lush.

I bought Prevention today and there's an article on this woman who went from size 16 to size 8. It shows her in her living room or some room with huge sliding doors out to the veranda. She is shown WITH HER PRRIVVATE TRAIONER and says her dh is preacher and she worried how the parionhers would react to this splurge. Welll, I SAY the parisonhers should have been invited into the vernada room to workout with the private trainer. They were paying for him. Anybody can lose weight with a private trainer doncha think ANNDDDDDDD the private trainer refers to her a "turbo." Hmmmm. What could that mean?

I have a question for all you wifeys. I told one person in my town about my story getting published and told her I dind't want anyone else to know. Next week, I see her husband in a store and he says "I heard you got published." I didn't know that she would tell him. Is this automatic. I am upset by it. If this got out, I could be quite embarassed and maybe in trouble.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:20 PM   #97  
Dysfunctional Queen

What story???? I want to read it too!

Yes, it is automatic that a wife tell her husband everything except maybe about affairs or murder plots. I always keep those to myself.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:48 PM   #98  
The magic shrinking cow

I would tell my husband, but I would tell him not to tell anyone else. And he wouldn't.

I know about not wanting people to know about getting published. It's very awkward.

Bagzzi, for a second, I thought that URL was simplyfat.ca!! Hehe. I'm leaning more to the South Beach plan, but I know I gotta do something! (Plus, I can't find my Atkins book, but I can find my SB book.)

Lushie, I haven't read that book but a friend of mine loves it. She's lost 40 pounds (before reading the book.)
Old 02-11-2004, 07:21 AM   #99  
loves kleenex box art

I have listened to the Dr. Phil tape.

OK, what if .... the dh in question has been deeply depressed. 24 hours a day in bed. drinking out of control. Desperate situation. Now, he's medicated and doing good, but to me he was someone who should not know about this because he's unstable and likely to just blurt it out to the wrong person. I think wives should accept secrets by saying, "Of course, I'll tell dh."

I shoulda known. I once attended a chuch across from work and during lent they had lunch every Wednesday. Someone in the office questioned me, was interested and I invited her. Next Wednesday, I told her it was time to go and was knocked off my figurative feet when she yelled, "Ok, Al, let's go," and the three of us (it's her dh) went over. I didn't feel I had to right to take anyone really and they went for two or three weeks, then stopped, and started asking me, "Do they miss us?" and asking about people there. I was very embarrassed. And am now, I think. Or could be.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:39 AM   #100  
loves kleenex box art

Wabby, I'm sorry you have ds problems. Does it go on forever? Yesterday, I was called by the police because they busted a meth lab nearby. I went over with the camera to take pictures of the drugs/cops. It was pitiful. The people had been 16-23, four of them, with only one over 18, a woman. They won't tell who the juveniles were so I kept asking things just so I could be sure that boy who moved out of his house wasn't among them. I don't think so but I still worry.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:58 AM   #101  
fatter than U

Talking Don't tell nothin' to nobody and you'll be fine

Eating macaroni and cheese while I sit here with my mouth hanging open (what a picture) reading about all these trials and tribulations. I'm dreading the day when my kids get old enought to start causing trouble or getting things pierced. I got enough of my own angst as it is already.

I sometimes tell my dh stuff but I make him swear to never ever ever tell anyone else for fear of being cut off for the rest of his natural life. Yet as Berry Pie says, affairs and murder plots are best kept to oneself. Oh, and being published. Hopefully the man will forget about that, Peachy, if he's as unstable as you say.

Just heard on the news that Dr. Atkins was supposedly clinically obese just before he passed away. Family said it had nothing to do with his diet. No idea what works or what doesn't. Everything in moderation, I'd say (looking down at the poochy pouch that used to pass for a belly).
Old 02-11-2004, 08:07 AM   #102  
loves kleenex box art

No, he's not unstable anymore AND it's something he'd be particularly interested in. Very interested.

Here's exactly what I said to her: "I have something kind of good but I don't want anybody to know. You're the only person I'm telling because (and gave a very very good reason)."

I still think she should've said, "Do you mind if I tell ..."
Old 02-11-2004, 08:08 AM   #103  
loves kleenex box art

and when I told her what he'd said she said "I told him it was a secret. Maybe I shouldn't have told him at all."

He was telling it to me in front of whoever happened to be around.

I'm getting madder.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:10 AM   #104  
loves kleenex box art

Maybe if he and I didnt' know each other and maybe if it was about something he wouldn't think twice about, then I would tell him if I were her. But this will be on his mind for quite a while.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:04 AM   #105  
The magic shrinking cow

Aha--- well that's interesting, Peachie... if all that described my husband, I wouldn't have told him, that's for sure. Nobody ever tells me secrets (other than medical talk here in the girlie office, which is stuff I don't share with DH because it's not mine to share), but if someone were to, I'd like to think I would say "Is it okay if I tell DH?" However, he is very, very ethical and would never repeat something I told him in confidence.
Closed Thread